• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Winter-Spring 2014 Anime |OT3| People incapable of guilt usually do have a good time

Status
Not open for further replies.

Instro

Free is bad, but not even because of the fanservice. It goes into some really awful melodrama. You are pretty much guaranteed to not like it.

Pretty much. Tamako Market was ok, but KyoAni has been a mess since Hyouka. Maybe they flew too close to the sun.

D-frag - 01

i haven't laughed so much in a while

Magnificent first episode ..
MAGNIFICENT
D-Frag%21%20-%2001.jpg

i'm laughing so much i can't .....
Those faces , those over the top moments , the elemental powers .... that was just fantastic.

Tatami Galaxy is one of my personal favorites. DO YOU TRUST MY OPINION ADMIRAL.

It is also much shorter.

All this Haruhi talk makes me want to finally get around to watching it.

Oh fuck I didn't realize G Gundam was 49 episodes. Yeah nevermind, starting with Tatami Galaxy first this wednesday. And I do recommend it. Whether you watch it in linear or broadcast order is up to your personal preference though.

Yeah, I agree with this. The broadcast order is the only way to watch Haruhi your first time true. Anything else will just leave you thinking 'that's it', because it just isn't the same, and you aren't even watching the same series.

Eeeeeeeeeh. I still enjoyed it just fine, but mainly due to my love for Kyon.

Free is bad, but not even because of the fanservice. It goes into some really awful melodrama. You are pretty much guaranteed to not like it.

Well that's all the convincing I need.

edit: as to tamako market, I'm basically waiting until movie is out before I watch it. If KyoAni can make magic with that movie as they did with Haruhi film for me, then I'll definitely want to watch that the second I finish the series.

G Gundam - 2

You know your mecha is badass when it bursts out of the freaking Statue of Liberty.

I'm not sure what it was, but young Chibodee reminds me of GaoGaiGar's Mamoru. Maybe it was the hair style.

Speaking of that, this show does seems very GaoGaiGar-ish so far. Feels like it's gonna be a MOTW. Not that that's a bad thing, I enjoyed GaoGaiGar's MOTW style, but it's only the second episode, and I'll see how it goes.

The broadcast order for Haruhi season 1 is the way to watch, because that way it actually has a climax at the end.

I guess. An aspect that bothers me is that they don't ever really expand on that 'climax' at the end of the broadcast order last episode because
she thinks it was a dream
. In fact watching it in chronological order for a fan of romance is frustrating because they have such small development as the series goes on and on and on. But I told myself I wasn't watching it for the romance. I was watching it for Kyon.

Kyon is love. Kyon is life.

I miss the QT avatar already :'(

Samurai Champloo 1
Interesting fighting style and fight scenes

Tiger and Bunny 1
A lot of product placement

No Ein 1
That kid's mom is really far too uptight. He really needs to let him be a kid

Count of Monto Cristo 1
Interesting art style. The main character's development should be interesting

What a BULLSHIT ending to HIMYM. Ugh. It couldn't chose it's tone it wanted to go with at the end.

Please tell me more about works you dislike: I'm looking for recommendations!

Ouch! Nice one.

But if your serious I didn't like Excel Saga and..... wow I have to actually think about this. My brain is trying to block out all the bad. Ummmm.... Yugioh GX.....

There's not many shows I hate. I usually drop it if I absolutely loathe it. With most anime I am usually indifferent if I don't like it. Cause usually, I get something out of it. I just feel strongly about how usually it's told and I wasn't in love with that first episode.

FIN1

(Sorry pshyco)

Nah it's cool. It was a pretty good one.

SDBurton

World's #1 Cosmonaut Enthusiast
Figures that
Haruka would get fired from a burger joint because she was hitting on a female customer. ;_;

Mandoric

Banned
It's getting near time. Unless someone objects, I'm starting work on the Spring thread now. Any opinions should be given approximately now.

Woofington, you still need to watch Haruhi-chan, now that you know the characters.

I mean I'll add it to my list. Is it actually good by its own or was it mainly filler to keep people interested until more official haruhi?

It's getting near time. Unless someone objects, I'm starting work on the Spring thread now. Any opinions should be given approximately now.

Spring 2014 Anime IOTI For Hitler In Germany

SDBurton

World's #1 Cosmonaut Enthusiast
Puchimas! - 37

dJCiiKi.png
km949Dn.png

:sdburton

Pretty awesome that they had Afuu take on
Miki's alternate appearance in this episode
. Also glad that the ever popular Makoto x Yukiho ship got some attention. :D

Lurky

So I got my second eldest brother to watch madoka and after the first episode my eldest brother walked in and ruined the entire show for him... =/

So I got my second eldest brother to watch madoka and after the first episode my eldest brother walked in and ruined the entire show for him... =/

Did he do it on purpose? Cause if so I hate those people.

Similar to those who have read the novels of Song of Ice and Fire (I've read them too) and need to go to places where they know TV fans will be to snicker and give spoilers. Either in direct or hint form

Lurky

Did he do it on purpose? Cause if so I hate those people.

Similar to those who have read the novels of Song of Ice and Fire (I've read them too) and need to go to places where they know TV fans will be to snicker and give spoilers. Either in direct or hint form

At a little bit on purpose and a little bit by accident. He walked in and asked if madoka was the show about the
dead
magical girls. He said something like "Oh madoka, that's the show about magical girls
getting killed."
Then I facepalmed and he continued by saying "well it's not like it matters since they do it right at the beginning."

Syrinx

The concept of gravy for breakfast always grossed me out. Like those disturbed heathens who put ketchup on their scrambled eggs.

Amagami SS Eps 9-12 Sae's Arc

I hated the addition of the narrator to this art. His voice was terrible too. My least favorite arc cause of the narrator. It also was not as good as the other two. The new OP on episode 13 is great! I love the first OP theme as well!

I've been meaning to watch Madoka Magica since I've heard people say good things about it and that it has some surprising twists and that you shouldn't judge it by the cover. So should I watch it?

Soma

The concept of gravy for breakfast always grossed me out. Like those disturbed heathens who put ketchup on their scrambled eggs.

I used to be this person.

Then I discovered the glory of adding cholula and/or tapatio and/or sriracha on scrambled eggs.

All that + chorizo + chopped green onion and bell pepper =
i59PpLVa2MPtO.png

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom