• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Winter-Spring 2014 Anime |OT3| People incapable of guilt usually do have a good time

Status
Not open for further replies.

FelixOrion

Poet Centuriate
Overdosing on KEY so that I can watch Air/AB!/Kiniro Mosaic in one episode waves and have them all finish at the same time. This is probably gonna be a PsychoNinja-wet-dream of a post, but I gotta do it. /MALOCD

also: [alcohol intensifies]

Air 4

[wrist cutting intensifies]

Pretty nice little arc.

Air 5

[
memories
de-intensify]

Ahh, the good ol'
lost memory
bit. You really don't change, do you, KEY?

Air 6

[
ghosts
intensify]

Yep, you don't one damn bit.

But man, these feels. Last bit of this episode was magical
literally and figuratively.

Angel Beats! 4

[baseball intensifies]

New girl: booooo.

Oh thank goodness we didn't lose Hinata. I need these gay jokes.

Angel Beats! 5

[Stupid antics intensify]

I fucking lost it when one of the team took his shirt off and gave such a Golden Boy-esque line, goddamn.

Oh shit, that end.

Angel Beats! 6

[curry intensifies]

I'll take a potato chip...AND EAT IT!

Oh so that's where that bailout.gif comes from!

Well, I guess that's an ending.
I liked that there's (or at least was) actually now some fucking weight to their struggles.
But things like Otonashi's (or really anyone's) reaction to seeing
everyone fucked
up just doesn't make sense to me. I mean,
they had already said 'yeah, you can get obliterated' but avoiding obliteration felt pretty damn easy, and death (while painful) could be shrugged off, no biggie. So why rush out there? Why get worked up? Is it because you're a team of 'morons?' That's not a good reason, KEY.
And now with a villian who could
force obliteration, it finally felt that that weight would stay and now he's gone? What now?
smfh.

Well I think Buddy Complex is the one I dropped and never looked back on? I dropped Nobunaga and Dandy, but I think I might pick Dandy up again. Nobunaga I'm still unsure.

I've got to find out who grilled my hash before my bacon is dry.

What were your reasons for dropping Buddy Complex did you not like it, well I guess different strokes for different folks because it was my favorite of the season.

Branduil

pls

PQQ1I1Bl.png

iYUDux9RVwtmd.jpg

cajunator

Banned
There's only one anime I hate. I abhor. Your favorite anime. This joke never gets boring.

unlike your favorite anime which turned to shit after 1 episode

Always hating on Haibane Renmei. Shame on you :(

It's a joke. There is a meme that involves posting a picture of someone (I've never quite worked out who it is) shouting "Your favourite anime is shit!" which people like to post whenever there is disagreement about whether a show is good or not.

Saber.

Only anime I'd say I hate is Infinite Stratos. I take a couple of minutes or so every few days just to hate that show.

its no Yami thats for damned certain!

Moonphase 5-7
A cute fashion show with Hazuki and Haij's shinigami form is very cute. And now we meet the first villain, Elfriede

How good is Moonphase? SOGOOD.
Elfreide is ♥

Have you read the book or in any other way experienced The Count of Monte Cristo? I'm kinda curious to know what it's like to experience it this way for the first time. Also is this Gankutsuo, where the Count is blue and such? Cuz I really liked that.

No, I haven't read/ experienced Count of Monte Cristo in any other fashion before as far as I know of. Yes, its Gankutsuo. It seems kind of interesting that my school's anime club would choose it for a sampler but I think I'll watch it regardless of if the club chooses to watch it.

CorvoSol

What were your reasons for dropping Buddy Complex did you not like it, well I guess different strokes for different folks because it was my favorite of the season.

Chiefly I despised the animation. Like, CG Mecha are almost always hideous, and if the show doesn't have enough to keep me going beyond that, then I'm not gonna stick with it. Like VVV I stuck with because it was insane, and Gargantia had a pretty good plot going for awhile. But Buddy Complex felt like it was just some stale Gundam wannabe so I dunno, I quit after like, three episodes and never looked back.

Branduil

What was your final opinion on that show?

Non Non Biyori 12

There's something deeply meta about the first segment where Hotaru is forcing herself to eat Komori's burnt garbage in hopes of later rewards. This is me during the entire thing.

Thankfully things improved dramatically after that. The gulf between Renge and Hotaru has to be one of the widest good-to-bad character ratios in any show. Hotaru will never have this funk.

Final review, Non Non Biyori is a good show held back from greatness by a dreadful portion of anime incarnated as a certain character. Fortunately, the show is segmented into shorter chapters, and the worst parts can be avoided by informed viewers. I will be publishing my viewing guide shortly.

Official Unofficial Non Non Biyori Viewer's Guide

Chiefly I despised the animation. Like, CG Mecha are almost always hideous, and if the show doesn't have enough to keep me going beyond that, then I'm not gonna stick with it. Like VVV I stuck with because it was insane, and Gargantia had a pretty good plot going for awhile. But Buddy Complex felt like it was just some stale Gundam wannabe so I dunno, I quit after like, three episodes and never looked back.

I mean the plot picks up a little later and I thought the animation was nice, but I can understand why you may have not liked it much.

Narag

I'm dying lol

You watch Dandy 13 yet?

madp

The Light of El Cantare
i dont know whats going on here, but some fuckers here hating on biscuit n gravy?

I dunno who started it but all I know is that non-Americans in general tend to a.) think it looks weird or b.) assume we're talking about the same thickened beef/chicken stock that goes on potatoes. I remember being at a hotel breakfast once and having to explain what sausage gravy was to a couple of old French ladies who asked me why I was putting "white sauce" on my biscuits.

cajunator

Banned
Nisekoi 10

Brought to you today by the number 12 and the letter N.

This whole trip has just been awesome and hilarious. This setup promised hilarity and it delivered. But now it feels two particular characters are locked together now. The decision has been made even if by the end of the episode it tried to pass it off as insignificant.

Onhngggggdera

Non Non Biyori 01

Renge is so :cajun.

Nyanpasu~

enjoy this slice of perfection.

Date A Live's protagonist makes IS's protagonist look like a indecisive idiot.

...Well, even more of one. Point is, Date A Live's protagonist is pretty great, as far as harem leads go.

I'm not a Nagato fan at all, but I really liked the Movie, surprisingly.

Date a Live is a MUCH better show.

Overdosing on KEY so that I can watch Air/AB!/Kiniro Mosaic in one episode waves and have them all finish at the same time. This is probably gonna be a PsychoNinja-wet-dream of a post, but I gotta do it. /MALOCD

also: [alcohol intensifies]

Air 4

[wrist cutting intensifies]

Pretty nice little arc.

Air 5

[
memories
de-intensify]

Ahh, the good ol'
lost memory
bit. You really don't change, do you, KEY?

Air 6

[
ghosts
intensify]

Yep, you don't one damn bit.

But man, these feels. Last bit of this episode was magical
literally and figuratively.

Angel Beats! 4

[baseball intensifies]

New girl: booooo.

Oh thank goodness we didn't lose Hinata. I need these gay jokes.

Angel Beats! 5

[Stupid antics intensify]

I fucking lost it when one of the team took his shirt off and gave such a Golden Boy-esque line, goddamn.

Oh shit, that end.

Angel Beats! 6

[curry intensifies]

I'll take a potato chip...AND EAT IT!

Oh so that's where that bailout.gif comes from!

Well, I guess that's an ending.
I liked that there's (or at least was) actually now some fucking weight to their struggles.
But things like Otonashi's (or really anyone's) reaction to seeing
everyone fucked
up just doesn't make sense to me. I mean,
they had already said 'yeah, you can get obliterated' but avoiding obliteration felt pretty damn easy, and death (while painful) could be shrugged off, no biggie. So why rush out there? Why get worked up? Is it because you're a team of 'morons?' That's not a good reason, KEY.
And now with a villian who could
force obliteration, it finally felt that that weight would stay and now he's gone? What now?
smfh.

Hold on.....

..... Okay I am back.

All jokes aside keep going with Angel Beats. It's funny because every time you have a question or complaint about something it gets addressed literally in the next episode. :)

Also my wet dream of a post would've been Clannad After Story and Angel Beats. You guys really don't know me. :p

Link Man

Banned
I mean I'll add it to my list. Is it actually good by its own or was it mainly filler to keep people interested until more official haruhi?
It's the best part of the franchise! It pokes fun at the characters and situations, and each episode is pretty short, so they're easy to marathon. Plus, it's got the official voice actors.

Strawberry are gross

WHAT?!?! How is this even a thing?

Next thing your gonna tell me is that you don't like rainbows and the smile of a 5 year old watching his favorite anime while it's raining outside and his parents are fighting but everything is gonna be alright because that's what anime has taught him is that vengeance will be swift and bloo----

Ahem. Sorry bout that. I let that get away from me a little.

Syrinx

Tenchi Muyo! OVA 10

Lol at Ryoko fishing. And lol at them watching that weird penguin-alien soap opera. And lol again at Washu's classroom setting and Ryo-Ohki's thoughts and memories. Yep. Entertaining episode.

Toradora Episode 2

The relationship is moving alot faster than I thought.
They're basically already falling for eachother.

Damn it. Forgot how adorable Taiga is when she wants to be.

strawberries are delicious. but there's too small. give me a mega strawberry plz

What are you doing Agriculture Department of the USA? The people have demanded it now give it to us! This is what my tax money should be going towards. That and catgirls but that's still years away.

Hitokage

Setec Astronomer
Tenchi Muyo! OVA 10

Lol at Ryoko fishing. And lol at them watching that weird penguin-alien soap opera. And lol again at Washu's classroom setting and Ryo-Ohki's thoughts and memories. Yep. Entertaining episode.

It's rather impressive how the Tenchi OVA manages to provide significant character development, world building, and comedy in each episode.

Until OVA3, which sucked.

darkside31337

Tomodachi wa Mahou
My biggest issue with Strawberries are the sheer variance in taste compared to other fruit. That aroma is what makes it delicious but also what makes it kind of gross, you really don't know what you're quite what you're getting yourself into until you make the bite.

Also why artificial strawberry is the worst thing ever.

zeroshiki

Strawberry also goes bad really really quickly so if you don't eat it at the height of freshness, it will be sour or, worse, tasteless. Really fresh high quality strawberry is very good though.

Branduil

I dunno who started it but all I know is that non-Americans in general tend to a.) think it looks weird or b.) assume we're talking about the same thickened beef/chicken stock that goes on potatoes. I remember being at a hotel breakfast once and having to explain what sausage gravy was to a couple of old French ladies who asked me why I was putting "white sauce" on my biscuits.

Well the other problem is that the British don't understand that American biscuits are more savory than sweet.

CorvoSol

No, I haven't read/ experienced Count of Monte Cristo in any other fashion before as far as I know of. Yes, its Gankutsuo. It seems kind of interesting that my school's anime club would choose it for a sampler but I think I'll watch it regardless of if the club chooses to watch it.

Ah, well, I hope you enjoy it, then! The anime is a bit of a different spin on the book, but it's great regardless!

Funny, I'm eating some delicious pancakes now. ;3

THE DEVIL'S BREAKFAST.

You watch Dandy 13 yet?

I don't think I've even seen Dandy 8 yet.

CorvoSol

sub in FMP announcement for raven tears

You guys want to see me actually flip my shit and melt down in a way that I have never ever done before?

Full Metal Panic Season 4 All the Mecha are CGI.

I'm trying to think of a way to make this worse and I don't know if I can. Like, Directed by Kawamori and Hino together, character design by KEY, with a new ending from the mind of Yoshiyuki Tomino?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom