• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Winter-Spring 2014 Anime |OT3| People incapable of guilt usually do have a good time

Status
Not open for further replies.

CorvoSol

Count of Monto Cristo 1
Interesting art style. The main character's development should be interesting

Have you read the book or in any other way experienced The Count of Monte Cristo? I'm kinda curious to know what it's like to experience it this way for the first time. Also is this Gankutsuo, where the Count is blue and such? Cuz I really liked that.

Waffles > pancakes

Oranges > The Devil's Breakfast

The concept of gravy for breakfast always grossed me out. Like those disturbed heathens who put ketchup on their scrambled eggs.

Biscuits n Gravy is good. Ketchup on scrambled eggs is heresy.

jman2050

The concept of gravy for breakfast always grossed me out. Like those disturbed heathens who put ketchup on their scrambled eggs.

Ketchup in scrambled eggs is heresy of the highest order. If you want a sweet highlight to your eggs just use syrup, otherwise use nothing at all.

Sausage gravy on the other hand is absolutely delicious and makes perfect sense, essentially being a bechamel seasoned with breakfast meat. Definitely not like a turkey gravy or whatever you envision "gravy" to be. Much thicker and creamier.

Syrinx

I used to be this person.

Then I discovered the glory of adding cholula and/or tapatio and/or sriracha on scrambled eggs.

All that + chorizo + chopped green onion and bell pepper =
i59PpLVa2MPtO.png
Now that sounds good.

So much wrong in this thread. Clearly the best breakfast to have is some sunny side eggs with buttered toast on the side. Add to that a helping of golden brown hash browns with orange juice or milk.

Boom! Perfect breakfast.

jman2050

I used to be this person.

Then I discovered the glory of adding cholula and/or tapatio and/or sriracha on scrambled eggs.

All that + chorizo + chopped green onion and bell pepper =
i59PpLVa2MPtO.png

The way I see it, if you're going to dress eggs with condiments and/or veggie/meat fillers, you're better off making an omelet than just dumping them on scrambled eggs.

Syrinx

So much wrong in this thread. Clearly the best breakfast to have is some sunny side eggs with buttered toast on the side. Add to that a helping of golden brown hash browns with orange juice or milk.

Boom! Perfect breakfast.
*shrugs* That sounds fine. Would have coffee though.

Hitokage

Setec Astronomer

Boom! Perfect breakfast.
Perfectly bland.

Thick fluffy pancakes with pure maple syrup.
Nice thick french toast with the same.
Corned beef hash omelet.
Biscuits and sausage gravy.
Country fried steak and eggs.
Scrambled eggs with hot sausage on rice.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
I feel like the triangle was somebody wanting to do a typical anime trope. Then the director/writer realized that these two have fantastic chemistry and decided that fuck bad romance tropes. I'm willing to through sdburton a bone and have anime Starbuck pair up with sexy Interstella 5555 alien

I really do hope the next movie project ends up being the new season. I need more Yuki x Kodai. But more importantly more of what is easily one of the best sci fis in anime. One of my favorite episodes is the android one. Still need to watch that Legend of Galactic Heroes or w/e it's called.
It'd be nice if they could do a complete split, or perhaps merge the two timelines completely. The last Yamato movie essentially ends with the next generation of humans ready to take over with Kodai in the Okita role, and leaves it fairly open ended.

But I suppose if they do another series, it'll have to be a remake of the whole Cosmos saga.

School Days is bad but it couldn't be helped given the source material. The anime staff did an admirable job creating something engaging and memorable out of that mess. Kind of like when you play a version of Barbie Princess Horse Adventures in Magical Fairyland that's actually kind of okay because despite being shackled to making licensed toy promotional schlock the developers actually tried.
You should play Cross Days. The game should be considered art and makes the School Days anime look like a crappy anime romcom.

The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya: Whole Series Review
The Endless Eight though. I was warned about it, but I didn't realize to what extent. All people had to do to warn me properly of what entailed is say the name of a recent popular jrpg and I would have understood completely. I think I watched.... 2.5 episodes in combined total of the 8-9 episodes. Personally I feel that it's one of the biggest bullshit maneuvers a popular show has ever pulled. I feel it is disrespectful to the audience to make them watch episode after episode after episode in hopes shit will get better. I'm glad I didn't watch this live because I would have flipped a table in frustration.
This is why Endless Eight is amazing. lol

Perfectly bland.

Thick fluffy pancakes with pure maple syrup.
Nice thick french toast with the same.
Corned beef hash omelet.
Biscuits and sausage gravy.
Country fried steak and eggs.
Scrambled eggs with hot sausage on rice.

Sounds like a Canadian Breakfast to me. ;P

You use a lot of adjectives to describe your breakfast. If you tasted what I would cook you wouldn't need to go back. That and your breakfast is a heart attack just waiting to happen.

Hitokage

Setec Astronomer
Sounds like a Canadian Breakfast to me. ;P

You use a lot of adjectives to describe your breakfast. If you tasted what I would cook you wouldn't need to go back. That and your breakfast is a heart attack just waiting to happen.
Variety is the spice of life!

I also know how to make eggs properly. I've made a bunch of stuff but usually can't be assed.

The broadcast order for Haruhi season 1 is the way to watch, because that way it actually has a climax at the end.

Indeed. The entire show is structured around being watched in that order, with everything leading up to that final episode (never mind that it's only about the halfway point chronologically). There's no satisfaction to be found by watching it out of that order, climaxing halfway through, and then ending with a bunch of quiet episodes which were intended to be seen as development episodes throughout the series (and avoid spoiling the ending despite being chronologically later).

jman2050

Variety is the spice of life!

I also know how to make eggs properly. I've made a bunch of stuff but usually can't be assed.

Eggs are deceptively tricky, as they're simultaneously the easiest thing to make ever and the easiest thing to screw up ever.

It surprised me how long it took for me to get it right on a consistent basis.

Hitokage

Setec Astronomer
Eggs are deceptively tricky, as they're simultaneously the easiest thing to make ever and the easiest thing to screw up ever.

It surprised me how long it took for me to get it right on a consistent basis.
For scrambled eggs:

Put eggs into cold pan, mixed before or after it doesn't really matter.
Add splash of milk, mix.
Add tablespoon of butter.
Turn heat to medium.
Stir occasionally until eggs start to solidify.
Stir more thoroughly until eggs just barely shy of being completely cooked.
Remove heat.
Stir more as heat still in the pan takes the eggs over the finish line.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom