• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Winter Storm for NE/MA States Friday-Sunday (Up: Blizzard warnings)

Status
Not open for further replies.

SteveMeister

Hang out with Steve.
Here's the latest GFS. Big difference between this and the NAM for some areas! GFS still wants to bury DC with 30+ inches....

AtCfBij.png

Good lord, Loudoun county is ground zero in that one! Is that something like 4 feet???

Woke up this morning to the news of a "Blizzard Warning" here in NYC. Great..my first storm as a building super and it'll ruin my weekend. LOL Ah well..have plenty of salt ready. Hopefully won't be so bad.

Central n Eastern part of Jersey getting about a foot it looks like.

Red Bank specifically
Little off topic but I went to RBC in high school, love Red Bank, it's come a long way since I lived there.

Looks like we're going to get a good storm in Philly, I'll have to work Sunday though to get ready for business on Monday

Culex

Banned
Looks like CT is broken down into two parts for snowfall: Middletown and north , 1-5 inches. Points south, 5-10. Hartford area could potentially see only a dusting to an inch.

Tobor

The supermarket was quite the spectacle last night here in Richmond VA. The lines to check out at Kroger were stretching halfway back across the store. It took nearly an hour to get out of there.

They were sold out of the usual and stocking as fast as they could, but it didn't matter.

I couldn't find a sweet onion. Why did they buy all the sweet onions?

Time to remove the 'potential' from the title now. The only question is how much and where, the storm itself is no longer in doubt at this stage.

bionic77

The supermarket was quite the spectacle last night here in Richmond VA. The lines to check out at Kroger were stretching halfway back across the store. It took nearly an hour to get out of there.

They were sold out of the usual and stocking as fast as they could, but it didn't matter.

Snow vampires.

Just a typical Richmond Snow Storm.

georly

Make sure you have emergency preparedness stuff ready... like be prepared if you can't go out for several days, no power, no heat.

I've got queso dip, tortilla chips, blankets, and a 3DS, i'm good.
I'm not good.
ok ok, i do have flashlights and bottled water and a bunch of canned food, i'll live

I went to the store the other day but didn't get anything. Maybe i'll try again tonight, but good luck me finding anything.

Anoregon

The flight plan I just filed with the agency list me, my men, Dr. Pavel here. But only one of you!
Looks like it's going to be pretty uneventful for me, about 40 miles north of Manhattan at just a few inches, but folks down in the city itself might get some winter fun.

andycapps

The rest of the country is worried that you're not going to make it through this weekend and will fall at the first sign of snow, like the south did last year.

DC GAF, post if you're okay.

This weekend’s predicted snowstorm and blizzard is expected to slam the east coast. The Nation’s Capitol could see over two feet of snow. On Wednesday, a smaller system dropped one inch of the white stuff on D.C. causing huge traffic back-ups.

At least 165 traffic accidents were reported across Virginia. Officials are urging drivers to stay home.

DC - 1/20/16
m6TUTzW.jpg

Raleigh - Winter of 2015
RIP
1r0qX3s.jpg

Due to fly back home to Raleigh from San Antonio tomorrow. Currently supposed to get into Raleigh at 6pm. I think the only way that happens is if the precipitation changes to rain during the day (instead of freezing rain).

jrush64

Banned
DC here and looking forward to the snow. I had a couple of parties this weekend up in school but I don't they're gonna be happening so kinda disappointed about that.

HStallion

Now what's the next step in your master plan?
Here's the latest GFS. Big difference between this and the NAM for some areas! GFS still wants to bury DC with 30+ inches....

AtCfBij.png

I live in central Jersey and this one is lowballing our forecast compared to some other weather stations/sites. I'd be fine with 6 inches, dont really feel like getting snowed in and having to dig my car out of 16 inches of white stuff.

spootime

I was actually a hundred yards down the street when that picture happened. It was insane,- a freak ice storm coated the roads in a solid half inch of ice. The sides of the roads were lined with crashed / abandoned cars. That picture happened right next to NCSU's campus.

Retro

Checking in from Northern Delaware, where people are losing their absolute shit as usual;

Meat picked down to nothing, no Milk. Bread aisle was in a similar state. People are wandering around with this look in their eyes like the End is near, I swear it's the same every damn year. Wife just wanted to make some damn stew this weekend, ended up having to hit up another store just for some beef.

Yeah, what the shit? No sweet or yellow onions at either store, though I did find a container of pre-diced stuff that I hope works. Celery was also down to nothing.

Edit: Latest from Bernie Rayno, about 25 mins ago; http://videowall.accuweather.com/de.../2430839568001/blizzard-dc-to-philadelphia-cl

He goes into the timing of when the storm is expected to hit, so for you folks trying to travel at the last second, you might want to give it a look.

Matticers

It's kind of crazy how close central VA is from 30 inches down to about a foot. A small part of my county is in the 30" zone. The majority is in the one foot range. If it even shifts at all from that map, we could get hammered.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom