• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Winter Storm for NE/MA States Friday-Sunday (Up: Blizzard warnings)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm salty at everyone from NYGAF who's rooting for more snow. Are you students or unemployed or something, because it's not like we're known for shutting down non-school activities up here : (

For REAL. Snow is nice to look at and all but fuck commuting in it.

Slayer-33, I'm calling you out. You're my dude but you're always in these threads rooting for snow. :(

ahoyhoy

Unconfirmed Member
Here's the latest NAM. Again, this doesn't mean that this will be how it pans out exactly, it's just what this model is showing at the moment.

6ps7iaG.png

That 27 inches just sitting and screaming "FUCK YOU BALTIMORE"

Anoregon

The flight plan I just filed with the agency list me, my men, Dr. Pavel here. But only one of you!
Nah I just love snow. That, and the snow seems to be coming during the weekend.

For REAL. Snow is nice to look at and all but fuck commuting in it.

That's where my head is at too. A giant snowstorm on Saturday/Sunday is fun times because I don't have to worry about getting to and from work. I can just hunker down and, assuming I don't lose power, have a nice wintery time of it.

Weekday storms that cause me to take 2 hours to get home because everyone else drives poorly can eat shit, though. Ever since getting my Subaru two years ago I have no patience for people going 15 miles per hour with their hazards on in the snow. Everyone should just have solid all-wheel drive cars and feel confident driving them!

Yeah! Nova gaf hype. I, too, can walk to the store, but no one is going to be there if it's 4 ft. I doubt they'll stay open.

Yeah. I should stock up on some more groceries. I went yesterday, but I only bought bullshit stuff because I'm bad at grocery shopping. I don't know why I thought I needed avocados, but apparently I did.

Quixzlizx

That's where my head is at too. A giant snowstorm on Saturday/Sunday is fun times because I don't have to worry about getting to and from work. I can just hunker down and, assuming I don't lose power, have a nice wintery time of it.

Weekday storms that cause me to take 2 hours to get home because everyone else drives poorly can eat shit, though. Ever since getting my Subaru two years ago I have no patience for people going 15 miles per hour with their hazards on in the snow. Everyone should just have solid all-wheel drive cars and feel confident driving them!

Still gotta shovel that shit.

Kazer

I'm kinda excited for this. Moved to DC from Ohio about 2 years ago and we haven't had shit for snow.

The city is going to be completely shut down if we really get 12-24 inches of snow.

georly

I'm free to Netflix and Chill this weekend, GAF brehs.

Snow in NYC is the most disgusting snow you can imagine. It's the worst.

Yeah, most cities have gray gross snow

winterslush.jpg

Yeah. I should stock up on some more groceries. I went yesterday, but I only bought bullshit stuff because I'm bad at grocery shopping. I don't know why I thought I needed avocados, but apparently I did.

Are you me? I bought queso dip, as if that would be great for the snowpocalypse. Cool, good job me.

GSG Flash

Nobody ruins my family vacation but me...and maybe the boy!
Checking in from Northern Delaware, where people are losing their absolute shit as usual;

Meat picked down to nothing, no Milk. Bread aisle was in a similar state. People are wandering around with this look in their eyes like the End is near, I swear it's the same every damn year. Wife just wanted to make some damn stew this weekend, ended up having to hit up another store just for some beef.

Yeah, what the shit? No sweet or yellow onions at either store, though I did find a container of pre-diced stuff that I hope works. Celery was also down to nothing.

Edit: Latest from Bernie Rayno, about 25 mins ago; http://videowall.accuweather.com/de.../2430839568001/blizzard-dc-to-philadelphia-cl

He goes into the timing of when the storm is expected to hit, so for you folks trying to travel at the last second, you might want to give it a look.

As a Canadian, this is hilarious to observe :p

I know the forecast doesn't look bad, but still hoping Boston gets spared, have plans there this weekend :/

Are you me? I bought queso dip, as if that would be great for the snowpocalypse. Cool, good job me.

Depends. Did you already eat the queso? Because between shopping yesterday and today, somehow all my avocados disappeared. As well as some white onion, half a tomato, a lime, half a jalapeño pepper, and some cilantro. Weird.

georly

Depends. Did you already eat the queso? Because between shopping yesterday and today, somehow all my avocados disappeared. As well as some white onion, half a tomato, a lime, half a jalapeño pepper, and some cilantro. Weird.

haha, no, I got chic-fil-a for lunch/dinner yesterday. I got the queso dip FOR the snowpocalypse. As my meal. All of my meals. One frozen queso dip. And chips.

georly

Ah, so much more self control than I. Haha

I went to the store thinking:

"ok gotta stock up for the snowpocalypse"
"Eh, i'm not really in the mood for anything"
"I guess queso dip is ok"
"Do I want anything else? Nah, not right now"
"Ok, i'm done."

I went to the store thinking:

"ok gotta stock up for the snowpocalypse"
"Eh, i'm not really in the mood for anything"
"I guess queso dip is ok"
"Do I want anything else? Nah, not right now"
"Ok, i'm done."

I got my girlfriend to help me come up with a list, because I'm terrible at grocery shopping. I always shop like that. I think of whatever I want to eat right at that moment, then neglect buying anything else.

Dragon

Banned
Supposed to go to the NFC Championship with my dad Sunday. This shit better not ruin Charlotte.

I'm supposed to fly out on Saturday from Charlotte. Pretty sure that's not going to happen. Airline says that I can change my flight without penalty but not sure leaving tomorrow is going to be better!

So excited. Hope we get a decent amount. Northern NJ here, about 30 minutes outside the city.

I have no plans this weekend and live in an apartment. My car is also in a public garage.

The plan is pajamas and video games.

Even this morning's dusting in DC made a significant difference. Of course, no delay from OPM, but I had a 2-hour delay I didn't know about until after I actually got to work. I wish we'd preemptively cancel tomorrow or declare it a telework day.

georly

So excited. Hope we get a decent amount. Northern NJ here, about 30 minutes outside the city.

I have no plans this weekend and live in an apartment. My car is also in a public garage.

The plan is pajamas and video games.

Losing power will absolutely ruin my time, otherwise this is going to be video game weekend.

effzee

NYC resident here. Max is up-to 20inches now?

Holy cow. Subway better be up and running Monday morning. Can't afford to miss work!

Latest GFS very different to the NAM for NY, showing around 2-8 inches. DC area is very close to the jackpot zone with 32-34 inches on that model.

crazyprac

The roads weren't treated at all last night in Montgomery county (MD) it was ugly outside. So many accidents. This morning I was going through 270 and 495 and there were so many abandoned cars. And as usual grocery stores are empty.

georly

Five 3DSs? You play them all the same time?

Well, 2 are in the house that aren't mine (belong to my ex's kids), and 3 are mine - I bought each zelda edition and never sold the old one after I upgraded - still have the latest zelda one boxed up and haven't used it yet.

Fuchsdh

No, not treating the roads destroyed DC

And people acting like one inch was not going to affect them driving.

Cars always take the hills by my dad's way too fast, and this time they managed to bang up at least a half-dozen parked cars in the process of closing the road with wrecks. Stupendous.

GSG Flash

Nobody ruins my family vacation but me...and maybe the boy!
Our standards for "apocalypse" storm is a bit higher (maybe not for Toronto...) but really bad storms have led to empty shelves, gas shortages, and people freakout out here as well.

True, but I also live in Ottawa where snowstorms of this magnitude are expected every winter :p

I think there's been maybe a handful of times where people went full panic-mode for a snowstorm in the last decade here in Ottawa.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom