• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Winter Storm for NE/MA States Friday-Sunday (Up: Blizzard warnings)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah this thread is about Yuengling now
Fuck snow

Yeah, I can see why. It's the mildest beer that doesn't taste like water, so it strikes a balance between 'beer' beers and light beers.

That's why I like it, basically. The aftertaste doesn't annoy me, so it's good.

In MD Yuengling is 10 bucks a 12 pack or 16 a 24 pack. Best balance of affordability and quality.

Yup. Not too cheap quality wise, but easy to get.

SheHateMe

Work in Columbia, MD area, live at the National Harbor. Left work at 9 PM, went 1 mile up the road to I-95 and ran into this:
Code:
[IMG]http://41.media.tumblr.com/75414262c870d87d1d81bb619a8317a8/tumblr_o1a8pgrdgZ1qz5o0mo1_1280.jpg[/IMG]

I took this picture after sitting in traffic for 30 minutes. Mind you, that two hour time limit? That was a GUESS. I didn't get home until 1:30 this morning.

Immediately took tomorrow off at work; they hand me a crash kit for me to work from home tomorrow and Monday.

This is going to be Hell.

kaskade

Think we need to update the original post.

Sponsored by

z26ntJS.png

ahoyhoy

Unconfirmed Member
Work in Columbia, MD area, live at the National Harbor. Left work at 9 PM, went 1 mile up the road to I-95 and ran into this:
Code:
[IMG]http://41.media.tumblr.com/75414262c870d87d1d81bb619a8317a8/tumblr_o1a8pgrdgZ1qz5o0mo1_1280.jpg[/IMG]

I took this picture after sitting in traffic for 30 minutes. Mind you, that two hour time limit? That was a GUESS. I didn't get home until 1:30 this morning.

Immediately took tomorrow off at work; they hand me a crash kit for me to work from home tomorrow and Monday.

Ah this takes me back. Might have been a better idea to take 40 into the city but even that's a crap shoot.

God help anyone getting on the Beltway between Towson and Catonsville this weekend.

georly

What the fuck did this thread into?

Look, people get bored when they're snowed in. Or speculating about being snowed in.

Code:

Jesus, that was last night? I left work at 5pm heading west and didn't hit anything bad at all. Maybe I got lucky.

Going to risk it tomorrow and see how long I can work before I have to bail.

ahoyhoy

Unconfirmed Member
With all these MD GAFers why was there never a Baltimore/DC meet up?

Could have debated Amber Vs Black and Tan.

Code:

Yup. That was the DMV last night. My three mile commute from Silver Spring to the City took forever.

djtiesto

is beloved, despite what anyone might say
Time to stock up on some beer and some food... Yuengling ain't bad but I was thinking of going for a Founders or Ommegang variety pack... love those 24 can variety packs.

Excited to be snowed in and playing Xeno X all weekend!

Look, people get bored when they're snowed in. Or speculating about being snowed in.

Jesus, that was last night? I left work at 5pm heading west and didn't hit anything bad at all. Maybe I got lucky.

Going to risk it tomorrow and see how long I can work before I have to bail.

Had a coworker leave from McLean at 5pm to go home in Manassas. Took him 6.5 hours.

I'm stocked on beer. Got some founder's breakfast stout and an array of various beers I've never tried like "the hairy eyeball" and "willhelm scream".

Yuengling's a solid beer tho, and the price to quantity/quality here is definitely a good value. It's a solid go to beer.

Z_Y

I like yuengling. But if I'm going to be snowed in, I'm going to need some barrel aged stouts.

I bought IPAs but will probably need to stock up tomorrow. Wolf Hills' Troopers Alley (it's brewed twenty miles from my hometown) and Sweetwater IPA. Might buy a new growler at a beer market and try something new.

Love Yuengling's Black and Tan. All the grocery stores around me sell pint cans for a buck.

I'm stocked on beer. Got some founder's breakfast stout and an array of various beers I've never tried like "the hairy eyeball" and "willhelm scream".

Is that a pumpkin spice? I had one with the same name last fall and enjoyed it.

Futureman

My buddy showed me a pic he took at the Walmart in LaVale, MD last night. Bread aisle wiped completely bare. You'd think it was the end of the world, not "driving might be inconvenient for a couple days"

ha WHAT? if this storms pans out as it's being forecast, there will be people dying over the weekend. People die when there's 4 ft of snow coming down and they try to go outside.

Anoregon

The flight plan I just filed with the agency list me, my men, Dr. Pavel here. But only one of you!
Yeah this thread is about Yuengling now
Fuck snow

That's why I like it, basically. The aftertaste doesn't annoy me, so it's good.

Yup. Not too cheap quality wise, but easy to get.

Yuengling is a good "starter" beer. It's a good beer to give to a person who drinks beer but has only had like coors lite and never had a real beer before, or for people who think all beer tastes like the cheap big brand shit to show them that isn't the case. Some folks stick with yuengling and that's that, but it can also be a gateway to the world of beers that actually have flavor.

ApharmdX

Banned
In MD Yuengling is 10 bucks a 12 pack or 16 a 24 pack. Best balance of affordability and quality.

Fuck yeah! Glad to see that other posters appreciate Yuengling. I usually drink black&tans myself but the lager is ok too. You're right about it being a great balance of price and drinkability.

It's crazy but apparently DC has already given up and accepted that winter is coming and will destroy us all. I guess maybe the reason they did absolutely nothing to treat the roads for an inch was to stockpile for snowmageddon, but that assumes a level of competence and preparedness that is way too much to expect. I think they just want us to make it easier on ourselves and just give up all hope already.

Yeah, my only hope is the plane doesn't leave Abu Dhabi for fears of JFK closing and being diverted, then I can at least enjoy that for a while. With my luck I'll end up overnighting in JFK. Good luck to you, Friday is a bit dicey but you'll hopefully be fine!
Southwest already canceled the flight, so now it's Delta from San Antonio to Atlanta, then Atlanta to Wilmington, then drive from there. Me and two other guys at this conference who are all from the Raleigh area. So might get home tomorrow but gonna be dicey.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom