• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Winter Storm for NE/MA States Friday-Sunday (Up: Blizzard warnings)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Alric

So excited. Hope we get a decent amount. Northern NJ here, about 30 minutes outside the city.

I have no plans this weekend and live in an apartment. My car is also in a public garage.

The plan is pajamas and video games.

Same, Lake Hopatcong. Losing power would totally ruin my gaming/pajama weekend.

Fuchsdh

Putting work on a hard drive today, but if I have to go in tomorrow no way I'm staying until 5 and I've only got a 10 minute commute so it couldn't get that bad. Hopefully office is closed entirely though. Still weighing taking the bus to NY, service is still saying everything will be running Sunday as-is.

Selner

Heated driveway

They have those out west.
My wife has a friend who has one in Utah I think.

Yeah, i'll see what the store has left. I have a bit of stuff to COOK, but if there's no power, I need food I can eat without cooking. Oh well. Hopefully i'm just snowed in, warm and cozy, playing videogames all weekend :/

Do you have a propane grill? I will be double-checking my tonight.
Digging my way to the grill will be interesting though.

Going to be stocking some wood in the garage though, so I can keep the wood stove going in the event of power outage. No power means no fan on the stove though, so we'd probably be sleeping/camping in the fireplace room.

georly

They have those out west.
My wife has a friend who has one in Utah I think.

Do you have a propane grill? I will be double-checking my tonight.
Digging my way to the grill will be interesting though.

Going to be stocking some wood in the garage though, so I can keep the wood stove going in the event of power outage. No power means no fan on the stove though, so we'd probably be sleeping/camping in the fireplace room.

Not anymore. Moving next month and mine was old and beat up, so I tossed it last week :/

jstripes

Banned
Our standards for "apocalypse" storm is a bit higher (maybe not for Toronto...) but really bad storms have led to empty shelves, gas shortages, and people freakout out here as well.

Toronto bringing in the army to clear the snow was actually a good call. The army had nothing else to do anyway, it got the roads cleared super-fast so important business could go on, and it didn't cost the city a cent. However, it got turned into a media circus, just like everything else that involved Mel Lastman.

I remember that day well. I walked an hour and a half to get to work (no buses running in my suburb), helping to push the occasional car out of a snowbank, and literally five minutes after I got there they decided to shut down for the day.

e_i

The models are so all over the place that it wouldn't surprise me if the latest model said it would snow kittens.

double jump

you haven't lived until a random little kid ask you "how do you make love".
:( they downgraded it. Was hoping to have Friday off.
We'll see though seems like it changes every hour.

Wait till model runs tonight. The models were gonna have issues with the storm actually forming and the switch from the long range models to the short range models

Clearos

4-8 for shoreline CT. I will do my new englander duty and complain about the snow......that I get every year.

Denver should really be spending a card to the dolphins.

I can't get any consistent predictions for Boston

Bernie Ranyo in a video today described the issue with a Boston and NE forecast. It's too far ahead basically to know and the line between 5 inches and 15 inches can depend on a 25-50 miles shift when you're talking about the northern cut-off line.

Skel1ingt0n

I can't *believe* these lazy developers keep making file sizes so damn large. Btw, how does technology work?
My fiancé' was in Rochester, NY for work, so I joined her and worked from the hotel. We were supposed to fly out to KC (home) tomorrow.

We're stranded in a hotel now until Sunday night.

FTF

My fiancé' was in Rochester, NY for work, so I joined her and worked from the hotel. We were supposed to fly out to KC (home) tomorrow.

We're stranded in a hotel now until Sunday night.

tumblr_lmwvd5Ey9N1qgmd19.gif

Skel1ingt0n

I can't *believe* these lazy developers keep making file sizes so damn large. Btw, how does technology work?

lol..... yuuuuuuup.

Splurge on room service food and wine. Why not?

That's the plan. She's A List Preferred (I'm a free flight since we now have a companion pass), but man, Southwest's customer service was dog shit. We called, asked to get the earliest flight out since things were cancelled, and -

- they couldn't get us a flight until Sunday
- they couldn't help us schedule a hotel booking
- they couldn't get us a car
- they couldn't credit us anything

... okay, fair enough... but then they recommended we go to the airport, anyway, as we might get better service or preferable flights if we wait. We said that's the point of being A List Preferred... she said yes, but at the airport you'll get better customer service.

... ... the... then... then what's the point of us calling you?

Lady says "because you're A List Preferred." lolwut

Anyway, I'm fishing up my work between now and about 5. After that? Chinese food and alcohol all weekend long. Aww yiss.

EthanC

Banned
Went for a jog and bought some Boarshead Pepperoni and Naan bread. Gonna grille some pizzas in the ice and snow.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom