• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Winter Storm for NE/MA States Friday-Sunday (Up: Blizzard warnings)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Here's a shot from my deck in Maryland, keep in mind I shoveled this whole deck off at 10 including the table, so everything on there right now has happened in the past 5 hours.

xYJlHc.jpg

Woke up, looked out the window, laughed and now I'm in bed watching Law & Order. Not gunna attempt anything until there is more light. The winds are insane here in NJ.

I'm from Miami and have never had to deal with snow so of course I think it looks rad as fuck.

But for you guys with doggies, how do you/they deal with the snow? Especially during a storm like this.

We make a path for them to get out and then hope for the best. It's not too bad in the first two days. It's annoying when it starts to melt, freeze, melt, freeze, etc

Laws00

I didn't want to do it but I had to call out of work

I feel so bad for doing it. But the roads are not plowed on my street nor the roads getting to work are.

people from my job texted me asking if i was coming in, i said we'll see how it is around in 2 to 3 hours

they only plowed my street 3 times since 1 AM in the morning. I've been up since 1 AM and it's 7:29 AM

Yeah snow is coming down quite hard. The winds didn't seem nearly as bad as they said they were gonna be, but I may have slept through the worst of it

Malleymal

You now belong to FMT.
Coming down hard here in Neptune New Jersey.... Windy and snow . Not a good mix . Why couldn't this come during the week and save me a day or two of work.

Watevaman

As I posted before, this was yesterday morning in my backyard:

snow1_by_watevaman-d9ovepn.jpg

and now here it is this morning:

snow2_by_watevaman-d9ozs81.jpg

I'd say it's around a foot or so. Not much, but it's supposed to keep snowing most of today I think.

OraleeWey

I had to drive today from Annadale to Arlington VA. Main roads are worse than the highway. Especially your neighborhood roads.

10/10 I don't recommend you drive on the highway.

It's really bad.

hoos30

I thought my dogs might like running around in it. They took a few steps outside, said fuck no and made me bring them back in.
In DC. My dog is usually very particular about her routine when she goes outside to do her business; she has to prance around the yard, sniff here, sniff there. Not today. She have me the "Fuck that" look real quick. Now I have a yellow spot right outside my door. I also see what look like rabbit tracks in my front yard. Poor guy... Not gonna find what he's looking for today.

Is the wind still as strong as they expected it to be? Or is it yet to arrive?

(Just north of NYC, for reference)

In central Jersey we have some great snow drifts already. My fence has about 2 feet of snow sloping off it towards the middle of my driveway were you can see huge spots of the concrete. My cars are partially cleaned off thanks to he wind and my trees in the back barely have any snow on them.

My Siberian Husky is loving it. It's her favorite time of the year.

JB1981

Really windy, cold with what seems like sleet in Toms River, NJ right now. Think it's supposed to flip to snow later. Nasty out tho

They are saying only 4-6" for us along the shore now.

ryseing

I also keep gameboys and batteries on hand just in case.

How many inches over there now? Oregon has no snow and is boring (at least here).

Just a couple. It's the ice and wind that messed everything up.

That sucks...that's really my only worry. I don't care if I'm snowed in all weekend, as long as the power doesn't go out. Hope you get yours back soon.

Wind is starting to pick up here in N. Delaware.

Stay safe and warm.

Thanks guys. Apparently my entire zip code is without power so I'm going to reevaluate that estimate of when I'm getting it back.

Staab

View from NYC near Lexington, started snowing near 11pm yesterday and didn't stop since, wind picking up now too, gah !

DNliiq7.jpg

5Wq406W.jpg

coopolon

I was working to clear a path for my dog last night before going to bed. Woke up and it looks like I never touched it, stupid wind.

I want to send a fuck you to anyone wishing for snow.

I live 8 miles from my job and it took me an hour to get home. These roads in North Jersey ain't plowed for shit. Fuck everything, and everyone.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom