• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

WipEout 2048 |OT| Back to the Future

Number45

I might be able to give it a try later, although I'll be tethered via my 3G. Should at least see if I can get into a lobby.

I might be able to give it a try later, although I'll be tethered via my 3G. Should at least see if I can get into a lobby.

Thank you man. It sucks spending 36€ to miss out on more than half the content... I may have to backup and restore my system if nothing else works.

Number45

Went in online, managed to play without any problem (combat event, I sucked) even tethered over 3G. So not sure what to say on your problem, I picked it up via the Vodafone deal and just redeemed the code and downloaded everything there and then - haven't been through any extra hoops to get it up and running online.

theBishop

Banned
I like Studio Liverpool, I really do, but this is getting waaay too frustrating.

The game just won't work online for me! I tried deleting everything, redownloading and installing the game, the online pass and then the patch and nothing. I also tried reusing my old save and while the save works fine, I still can't play online at all!!

"You have been signed out of PlayStation Network."

I'm really starting to regret buying this game off PSN. What the fuck is wrong with it? And most important, what the hell can I do?

I bought the retail version, and it doesn't work online either.

Ragus

Banned
Wow, this game is amazing. The main reason why I regret selling my ps3 was the fact, that I couldn't play my sexy wipeout. Now, I have it in my pocket (a big pocket, but still ;)).

One thing bothers me - why can't I filter online matches so that I don't have to play battle mode? I'm not a big fan of it.

ElNino

I bought the retail version, and it doesn't work online either.
I tried the online campaign mode for the first time last night and I was able to play with no issues (other than a rediculously long load time for one of the games). I have the retail version.

Oppo

there are no "normal brakes" :)

just keep the accelerator pinned the entire time. you do lose speed using air brakes but not much.

Oppo

Hey racers –

ANy idea how to get the soundtrack for this?

I suppose I could laboriously rip it manually but I'd like to buy it if possible. Many of the songs are specific Wipeout remixes/callbacks that probably don't exist anywhere else yet though. Id like to incorporate a few tracks into my 100+ song custom race list.

anddo0

Are the servers acting up for you guys?

The last few times I've tried to play it won't connect. Something about error connecting to the server.

edit: oh, it's widespread.

Apath

Are the servers acting up for you guys?

The last few times I've tried to play it won't connect. Something about error connecting to the server.

edit: oh, it's widespread.
I've never been able to access the servers, and I'm just about fed up with it. I tried opening ports 10060-10080 (which was a hell of an odyssy in and of itself dealing with Comcast for over 50 minutes just to get the user name and password for my router), and it did absolutely dick.

RoylAsult

does anyone know where the secret events are?

also for some of the trophies what/where exactly are the prototype races?

thanks

Kerrby

Banned
Thank god they're fixing the problems with online. It signs me out straight away as soon as I try and get into a multiplayer.

SRTtoZ

Made a random trip to Gamestop because I figured 4 games for Vita wasnt enough so I picked up Wipeout which I never really played (I have the PS3 version but never played it, got it for free with the sony hack situation), anyway long story short...

HOLY SHIT. This game is gorgeous and sounds and controls beautifully...

That is all.

I have the retail version and online works great for me via wifi.

I even tried running wipeout online via a personal 3G wifi hotspot created from my iPhone 4s and it also worked damn well. The game has some great netcode once you actually get online with it.

I'm getting this as a bonus for putting some money into my 3G card, but I haven't got it yet. Phoned Vodafone and they told me its still coming, pretty much guaranteed to happen this week. If so that's fine with me, I've plenty of stuff to play still, and then it's nice to know this is still incoming. :)

thanks

They're one and the same at least for the first 2 i've got. Look for a white raised triangle, i just switched my Vita off but IIRC, one is just above the 2048 logo and the other... down and to the right some, but not in the far corner.

Chorazin

thanks

One of them was in the upper right corner for me, I think it was the Feistar Prototype. The ship has a slow top speed until you start hitting speed ramps, its top speed increases with each pad. Top speed reduces if you have a major crash and at the start of a new lap. EDIT: Oh, and it was a 10 lap race.

Oppo

One of them was in the upper right corner for me, I think it was the Feistar Prototype. The ship has a slow top speed until you start hitting speed ramps, its top speed increases with each pad. Top speed reduces if you have a major crash and at the start of a new lap. EDIT: Oh, and it was a 10 lap race.

Yup that it.

Tough race too. You must hit the speed pads or you'll be left far behind. Interesting mechanic but it really sucks to see your speed vanish as you cross each lap...

Chorazin

Yup that it.

Tough race too. You must hit the speed pads or you'll be left far behind. Interesting mechanic but it really sucks to see your speed vanish as you cross each lap...

Agreed. I can't see myself using that in any actual race. Might be handly in speed lap races with lots of straightaways and banking walls with lots of speedpads though.

EDIT: This reminds me, I have a few near challenges I need to play tonight...

RoylAsult

i was only able to find two. some triangles are raised but i cant get them to unlock for some reason.

anyone know what needs to be done to unlock more. The ones i have i passed but did not elite them.

chaosblade

Unconfirmed Member
i was only able to find two. some triangles are raised but i cant get them to unlock for some reason.

anyone know what needs to be done to unlock more. The ones i have i passed but did not elite them.

Looks like prototypes are unlocked at Rank 10 (Feisar), 20 (Auricom), 26 (AG-Systems), 30 (Quirex), and 50 (Pirhana).

RoylAsult

also for the trophy that says Elite a A+ race... which ones are those, can only find A through out the careers

also for the speed on beat that certain time, where is that one?

just trying to get the most out of this game and keep playing it more, love it. Just wish single player was longer.

Noshino

I gotta say, Downtown is by far my favorite track, sooooo fast, wide road, insane jumps. Lawd

there are no "normal brakes" :)

just keep the accelerator pinned the entire time. you do lose speed using air brakes but not much.

there are normal brakes, just not on all modes (I think only Racer mode has it)

Ainigma

Neo Member
This might be a stupid question and I might be missing something obvious, but how do you set up online races/matches with friends? can you?

When I Select cross play, friends could click on my name and join but I couldn't find any other way we could race on 2048 tracks.

kitch9

Banned
FUUUUUUUUUUUU!!! got to 2050!

Sol... is this real life?

I'm dying every corner.

I was the same now I can take the narrow "shortcuts" like a beast... I say "shortcut" because at the minute they don't seem any faster, they just look cool. I beat the timetrial by 20 seconds or so the last time I did it, ass was clenched the whole time, awesome.

Pie and Beans

Look for me on the local news, I'll be the guy arrested for trying to burn down a Nintendo exec's house.
FUUUUUUUUUUUU!!! got to 2050!

Sol... is this real life?

I'm dying every corner.

The first time I started taking my thumb off the thrust button. This shits tactical now.

So using the Wipeout config really feels like it limits your weapon use. Are you guys just spreading your thumb across the face buttons?

So using the Wipeout config really feels like it limits your weapon use. Are you guys just spreading your thumb across the face buttons?
Yep, the only problem is occasionally touching the right analog stick by mistake and turning the ship around. I press the X button with the center of my thumb and then tilt it either right or left to use/absorb items.

Adamm

ok this is driving me insane - how do you find the prototype challenges?

Im level 23 so im assuming I have unlocked 2? I stumbled across the first one, but have no idea how to reveal them.
Where is the 2nd one & how do I find them?

Ollie Pooch

In a perfect world, we'd all be homersexual
ok this is driving me insane - how do you find the prototype challenges?

Im level 23 so im assuming I have unlocked 2? I stumbled across the first one, but have no idea how to reveal them.
Where is the 2nd one & how do I find them?

They show up as a small triangle indent on the background (regular events are a hexagon) you're supposed to push them 'through' from the back touch panel then tap it on the front to reveal the event. I just finished the 2049 season and a prototype combat challenge was unlocked so you should have at least 2 if you're at that point.

Wario64

works for Gamestop (lol)
You don't need to elite pass the entire online campaign for platinum, right? I noticed the trophy just says complete all nodes

chaosblade

Unconfirmed Member
They show up as a small triangle indent on the background (regular events are a hexagon) you're supposed to push them 'through' from the back touch panel then tap it on the front to reveal the event. I just finished the 2049 season and a prototype combat challenge was unlocked so you should have at least 2 if you're at that point.

Not necessarily, I've elite passed the first two seasons and the first branch of the third season and I'm only Rank 18 or 19, so I only have one unlocked and the second one is coming up soon.

You don't need to elite pass the entire online campaign for platinum, right? I noticed the trophy just says complete all nodes

There's a trophy for elite passing everything.

I want to play this more, due to how damn sexy this is right up there with Fury/HD... and it makes me more happy Fury/HD content is coming out for this as well ^_^

Jesus Christ. I've tweeted several times, I've even written an email to wipeout2048@scee but I never got a single answer and I still can't use the online modes. I'm seriously pissed.

chaosblade

Unconfirmed Member
This seems like the toughest Wipeout I've ever played. And I've played them all. Is it just me, or is that really the case?

Easiest of the three I've played enough to compare (2048, HD, and 64). Though I might find 64 easier if I went back to it now, I used to be awful at it and could barely finish races before time ran out :lol

I am playing through the single-player campaign ( actually finished my first season just now ), and I got the 17th best score ( globally ) on one of the battle-stages. I have only one friend on my PSN list right now, and he was - if I remember correctly - somewhere around 6500. I've never been that high on any global leaderboard, ever. Not that spectacular, to be honest, but still.. I felt both happy and surprised.

But now I need more friends to compete with, so please, add me. My PSN ID is: arthexavier.

Ps. I absolutely love this game.

Top Bottom