• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

WipEout Omega Collection |OT| Out of CoLD SToRAGE

a cheap 4k tv isnt worth having, it will suck. tbh any 4k tv isnt worth having until OLED is perfected and the cost comes down.

a 1080p panasonic plasma makes this look better than anything else you can display it on, which you could pick up for 100$ second hand.

While I agree that cheaper 4k TV's won't give the best results and OLED will be the better option, I wouldn't go as far as saying any 4k TV isn't worth having, my 55" Sony 4k TV looks ridiculously good when it comes to picture quality at 4k, when gaming or watching movies.

Not Drake

So finally my copy is getting dispatched today. A whole day late, but atleast I'll have a chance to try it out tomorrow before I leave for the weekend. Really excited to come back to Wipeout again.

US or UK?

The cheapest in UK is the hisense M3000 or 5500, not bad but image retention/ghosting is it's biggest issue.

US is the visio H8 model, very good for price, both HDR10.

Also if anyone is interested, my first look is up on the game https://youtu.be/44Q5gwTFSL0 and across both consoles, a quality remaster and great for HDR due to its colour scheme.

You're on Gaf! I just recently started watching your channel. Great work!!

dsc000410euvj.png

dsc00046x1ud1.png

dsc00051chukj.png

dsc00055rmuer.png

dsc00048zxubh.png

Has anyone else received a code for the themes yet?

Is there a photo mode in this game?

You can go into photo mode when a race has finished, but I haven't seen another way to do it. Kinda makes sense to be honest, as the speed is so insane that pausing mid-race to position the camera and take a screenshot would definitely affect the flow.

Lol even HD's original release was an HD collection. I agree though, I want a new one. 2048 is so good though and probably new to most people buying this.

Yeah, that's true. I often forget that as I never played the PSP games.

Perfection. What a beautiful game.

I love that the ships have their own voices for the weapons now, and that the accent for registering them is dependent on where they're from.

And the 1-2-3 countdown using the Amiga 1200 voice synth like 2097 did... yeah, this collection has had a lot of love.

What I would give for an action-adventure or an RPG set in this world.

I always thought that on the back-end Wipeout and Colony Wars could be connected. Heck, I was always surprised that Sony didn't use the engine from Wipeout HD for other games, as it was by far one of the most impressive achievements on the PS3.

No one got a code for the static themes? I pre-ordered and nothing came in my Steelbook, or anything like that...

Are we missing something?

I ordered from ShopTo, and technically the game arrived early yesterday, so... perhaps the codes are being distributed today. I might just drop their contact centre a line and see what's what.

kromeo

I ordered from ShopTo, and technically the game arrived early yesterday, so... perhaps the codes are being distributed today. I might just drop their contact centre a line and see what's what.

They just sent me a dispatch email when the game already arrived yesterday, I think they might be a bit behind :p

Shin-Ra

You can go into photo mode when a race has finished, but I haven't seen another way to do it. Kinda makes sense to be honest, as the speed is so insane that pausing mid-race to position the camera and take a screenshot would definitely affect the flow.
There's photo mode in the pause menu as well.

BLAUcopter

Gold Member
The colours look a bit off on my set (KS8000), it's a similar issue I have with most HDR enabled games where everything looks a bit "reddish". I first really noticed it in Horizon and I really notice it here. Anyone know whats causing this? I'm usually good at calibrating TV's but this has be baffled.

Tomeru

They colors are off in HD zone mode (the only zone I tried for now). There is this color effect added infront of the ship that messes with the whole picture. I am a sad sad panda...

dracula_x

I always thought that on the back-end Wipeout and Colony Wars could be connected. Heck, I was always surprised that Sony didn't use the engine from Wipeout HD for other games, as it was by far one of the most impressive achievements on the PS3.

Yep. It feels like a space shooter sometimes.

jhmostyn

Neo Member
Damn it, never had any issues watching promo issues, I feel fine when I play it, but *after* I play it I'm getting enough motion sickness to put me off playing much more!

Anyone else getting this? Or have any tips? Doom and Far Cry 3 both threw me off (up?) recently..

BLAUcopter

Gold Member
hmmm... back to the store tomorrow then to see what the deal is over here in AU...

Picked mine up tonight from JB. They price matched Big W for $42 and they printed a receipt which had the code for downloading the static themes (which look awesome by the way!)

MrS

Banned
Van Uber on HD is EZ mode, huh?

Anybody having issues with online games btw? Keep getting a server connect failure but my connection to PSN is wonderful.

The game looks beautiful on a Pro. Really a bargain at 30 sheets.

xrnzaaas

Dunno why but there are no physical copies of Wipeout in any store in my city today, ordered one for tomorrow. And I can't even dream about owning a version with the PS1 cardboard, nowhere to be seen. :(

angelic

Banned
While I agree that cheaper 4k TV's won't give the best results and OLED will be the better option, I wouldn't go as far as saying any 4k TV isn't worth having, my 55" Sony 4k TV looks ridiculously good when it comes to picture quality at 4k, when gaming or watching movies.

I just dont like LCD motion and grey-blacks, I dont think the tech is ready yet to be honest. my panasonic VT10 (£75 from from gumtree) is better than anything ive seen.

dont get me wrong I love the 4k sharpness, but motion on LCD isnt there yet.

angelic

Banned
Van Uber on HD is EZ mode, huh?

Anybody having issues with online games btw? Keep getting a server connect failure but my connection to PSN is wonderful.

The game looks beautiful on a Pro. Really a bargain at 30 sheets.

I never understand this, 1x £30 psn code @ cd keys goes as low as £26.50 with a code, never pay the full store price.

oggob

Picked mine up tonight from JB. They price matched Big W for $42 and they printed a receipt which had the code for downloading the static themes (which look awesome by the way!)

Double checked receipts and it was attached there! I managed to price match Target, for $39 which technically starts tomorrow...

Thanks for the heads up about the receipt printout!

nemisis0

Anyone who ordered from shopto check your orders section and go to wipeout your code will be waiting for you :)

MrS

Banned
I never understand this, 1x £30 psn code @ cd keys goes as low as £26.50 with a code, never pay the full store price.
Buy yourself a self-congratulatory bag of sweets with the enormous £3.50 you have saved...

Got the PSN card from trading in dross I wasn't gonna play again

The colours look a bit off on my set (KS8000), it's a similar issue I have with most HDR enabled games where everything looks a bit "reddish". I first really noticed it in Horizon and I really notice it here. Anyone know whats causing this? I'm usually good at calibrating TV's but this has be baffled.
Try putting the color space to native, instead of auto. I find auto only looks optimal in non hdr games.

Damn it, never had any issues watching promo issues, I feel fine when I play it, but *after* I play it I'm getting enough motion sickness to put me off playing much more!

Anyone else getting this? Or have any tips? Doom and Far Cry 3 both threw me off (up?) recently..

Lower the brightness of the display, make sure the rest of your room is well-lit and sit farther away from the screen if possible. Having a higher FOV in-game would help but that's rarely an option on console games. Not much else you can do I'm afraid.

angelic

Banned
Buy yourself a self-congratulatory bag of sweets with the enormous £3.50 you have saved...

Got the PSN card from trading in dross I wasn't gonna play again

so paying more is better? ok smart guy.

that 3.50 paid for Wolfenstein in the sale.

jhmostyn

Neo Member
Lower the brightness of the display, make sure the rest of your room is well-lit and sit farther away from the screen if possible. Having a higher FOV in-game would help but that's rarely an option on console games. Not much else you can do I'm afraid.

Thanks for the advice - hadn't considered the impact of light at all. Will give it a shot!

Did anyone who ordered the steel case get it with any protective cellophane seal on it? Mine just arrived from Amazon UK bare and it's a bit scuffed and scratched. Pretty disappointed. =/

Did anyone who ordered the steel case get it with any protective cellophane seal on it? Mine just arrived from Amazon UK bare and it's a bit scuffed and scratched. Pretty disappointed. =/

Mine came from ShopTo, and there was no cellophane or anything. Add to that, it was sent in a jiffy mailer... mercifully mine survived intact, but I can easily imagine how some people will be getting scratched and battered ones :(

Shaneus

So just looking at the store page, it looks like physical owners of the game miss out on:
Dynamic theme
Can Uber ship
Digital art book
and 4 team avatars

Feeling a bit ripped off, to be honest :/
dsc000410euvj.png

dsc00046x1ud1.png

dsc00051chukj.png

dsc00055rmuer.png

dsc00048zxubh.png

I got a code for the for static themes inside my steelbook.

Mine came from ShopTo, and there was no cellophane or anything. Add to that, it was sent in a jiffy mailer... mercifully mine survived intact, but I can easily imagine how some people will be getting scratched and battered ones :(

Mine came in a cardboard sleeve and has marks pretty much where the cardboard rubs the edges of the steelbook. I feel petty over this, but jeez. I never usually buy this tat.

yurinka

No one got a code for the static themes? I pre-ordered and nothing came in my Steelbook, or anything like that...

Are we missing something?
Yes, I bought it in Game Spain and they included it in a mail where they said that they shipped the game to me.

4 team based themes (Feisar, AG, Qirex and other one), sadly no Piranha.

It was weird because the PS4 PSN store didn't accept the code and only was accepted in the PC website version of the store. Once included, to download them they appear in the bottom of the PS4 Wipeout Omega Collection OS game page.

At first, again, this didn't work until I logged off and logged in PSN again. Then I was able to download them.

DBtrbazWAAEO0O1.jpg

D

Deleted member 57681

Unconfirmed Member
Got my codes from base.com today. Now for the game...

Pantz

Nice to play a racing game where it's fun to get 4th place. Most seem like a waste of time if you don't get 1st.

I just dont like LCD motion and grey-blacks, I dont think the tech is ready yet to be honest. my panasonic VT10 (£75 from from gumtree) is better than anything ive seen.

dont get me wrong I love the 4k sharpness, but motion on LCD isnt there yet.

Motion and Black Levels can be better on some more expensive, mid / higher end TV's but it will always be different with each TV. It will be great if / when OLED starts to become cheaper / more common. But my TV, while a little older now, is still decent when it comes to motion and black levels.

The Sony X850C (my TV) is a great 4k TV. It has deep and uniform blacks, little motion blur, and great 1080p upscaling - from the review on Rtings.com

A good site to check out when buying a TV, as they go into all the details for each TV they review.

Top Bottom