• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

WipEout Omega Collection |OT| Out of CoLD SToRAGE

tusken77

How does everyone have their buttons mapped? I only really played the original Wipeout on the original Playstation so I admit I have no idea what the norm is but pressing X to accelerate felt off to me so I mapped R2 for accelerate, L2 for use item, L1 and R1 for the clutch turns. Plays much more naturally for me now.

Really enjoying the campaigns so far and might jump into some multiplayer tonight to check that part out. The visuals are insane in 4k w/ HDR on my Samsung 8500 and finally some solid drum and bass tracks to make use of my soundbar/subwoofer. I was hesitant on picking this up but sure as shit glad I did now!

Tinkered around with it last night, this set-up feels most comfortable to me.

L2 - Airbrake
R2 - Airbrake
L1 - Flip
R1 - Look Back
Triangle - Fire
Square - Accelerate
Cross - Absorb

Daffy Duck

I believe that on the DualShock4 the facebuttons (X, O, square, triangle) are digital, and the shoulder buttons (bumpers (L1/R1) and triggers (L2/R2) ) are analogue. But the triggers have more action (i believe this is the right term) to them, so you have to push them 'more' to get the same effect as with the bumpers. So having airbrakes on L1/R1 is 'quicker' to use.

Ahh, I see, that makes sense.

As with a lot of press kit contents, sadly. For better or worse they're usually sold to the highest bidder.

I understand how the press from big name magazines, websites and even newspapers get these kits, but how does YouTuber with 42k subscriptions get one, officially. Are these just sold on really quick through contacts and who you know, along with eBay sales?.

Well, I guess there's no way to get Van Über if you bought physical, unless you want to buy two copies :/

https://twitter.com/sonyxdeveurope/status/872430681518944258

I guess that confirms it'll never be separate DLC, free or otherwise.

I'm in the States, but I got an insert in my physical copy that said something about the Van Uber ship and had a code. I put it in (along with the one from BB for the four static themes) but I don't know if I got the ship or not - only had time for a couple races last night and haven't come across it if it worked.

Anyone else in NA get this with a physical copy?

Hey guys, I have two questions for people who already own the game and possibly played the PS3 version.

When I used to play music from my PS3 harddrive, it would incorporate in to the game very well and change depending on the in game scenario (getting hit with a blast would change it for a ringing before fading back in etc) does this game still do this on PS4 when using Spotify?

Can you play through the single player content in split screen mode?

Thanks guys! Looking forward to getting my copy later this afternoon!

Just reposting this to see if anyone knows?

It was sort of lost amongst Sunhi posts/quotes haha

The only thing I haven't liked so far is that the multiplayer feels very bare-bones. I realize it's pretty much the exact same as the originals, but I guess I hoped for something more...

My game is coming from overseas (got a steelbook versions from a UK site), so it'll be a little while before I get my hands on this. Not a big deal, though!

This is my TV also. The game looks spectacular on it.

Yeah great TV, it holds up very well still and even handles HDR much better than expected, considering it's an older TV, (being a 10-bit panel probably helps it, instead of an 8-bit panel like some older 4k TV's were)

Really looking forward to playing this tonight when I get in from work.

Sub_Level

wants to fuck an Asian grill.
The trophies for the 2048 campaign completions are not affected by the optional challenges, just an FYI. I'm saving those for last.

Phew, Zone 122 on first go of Empire Climb, world #4. Didnt even break a sweat. Reckon I can easily get 150 with some practice. Coming for you feisar_2097 :p

Thats really impressive.

DBuSc3TXcAAKY_Q

Glad to know I haven't lost it entirely yet!

Holy fugg :DDD

Was it changed in 2048? Because I assume that was the basis for this remake given it had all the content.

Hm, looking at some footage of 2048 on YT, seems like that is the case. Understandable, but still disappointing there isn't at least an option to toggle.

Glix

Its so great. I had time for about five races last night before I passed out and it was sublime.

Playing on a Pro at 1080p with motion blur off. Beautiful.

Played for an hour and holy shit I missed Wipeout. Playing 2048 again is glorious, especially in 1080/60

One of the best remasters I've played since Homeworld, well done Sony.

I also love that all the voice work carried over. Every brand has it's own voice actor for the weapons and such, it's such a cool detail.

Tinkered around with it last night, this set-up feels most comfortable to me.

L2 - Airbrake
R2 - Airbrake
L1 - Flip
R1 - Look Back
Triangle - Fire
Square - Accelerate
Cross - Absorb

I am not quick enough with airbreaks on L2/R2.
Especially in faster leagues where the double tap shift move becomes necessary L2/R2 just became impractical for me.

Soul_Pie

Downloaded earlier today, started the 2048 campaign because I never got round to playing it. I'm really impressed with tracks, I really like the kind of futuristic meets contemporary urban look they have, although the way that the tracks change from different surfaces can be a bit disorienting at times and makes it seem faster. (a good thing though) It seems like they have a lot of branching pathways and shortcuts which I like. Also noticed that races get really intense early on, some awesome hectic moments already, I seem to remember HD taking a good while to get going by comparison.

One thing that struck me first up is this game sounds spectacular. The weapons just sound so punchy and powerful, and I love that little roar you hear as a ship flies past. The music is just so nicely mixed in.

So glad to have it back, hopefully a new generation of players will get on board with the series.

Macaco84

About an hour until i get to play my digital copy. This work day has been far too long!

I just want to check, am i the only one that would love a bit of dlc from wipeout fusion? That game never got much love but i really enjoyed it. Aside from the drab menu and the repetitive menu music (i can still hear it in my head now) the tracks were brilliant i thought. The one on the moon, the one where you jump off a massive cliff, the one in the jungle etc. The sense of speed and awe was huge.

Anyone else a fusion fan?

EVO

Holy shit at those gifs. The wait for this is killing me. I wasn't even planning on playing this. I've already beaten HD + Fury and I only really bought it to show support, but this looks stunning.

About an hour until i get to play my digital copy. This work day has been far too long!

I just want to check, am i the only one that would love a bit of dlc from wipeout fusion? That game never got much love but i really enjoyed it. Aside from the drab menu and the repetitive menu music (i can still hear it in my head now) the tracks were brilliant i thought. The one on the moon, the one where you jump off a massive cliff, the one in the jungle etc. The sense of speed and awe was huge.

I remember liking Fusion enough when I first played it, but looking at clips of it now, it feels almost like a different franchise. All the ships look like they weigh a ton and are glued to the ground. That said, I kind of want to play it again just to see how I feel about it in 2017.

-Amon-

First impression after a couple of hours, please bear in mind I'm a great fan of the series so I could be not that objective.

I'm on PS4 pro, with a 1080p display, no hdr.

I tried the game ( both 2048 and HD championships ) with motion blur and without it. I've found motion blur heavily distracting and I find the image cleaner without it. Much better without it for me.

I left the control mappings on default, putting the sensitivity on the analog triggers at 50%, best compromise between precision and fast response for me, as I found years ago when I was playing wipeout HD on PS3.

Gameplay wise, the games are exactly the same they were in the original form.

But HD / Fury benefit heavily from the fixed resolution and probably better textures. Everything feels so much cleaner, it helps the sense of speed immensely for me.

2048 benefits greatly from the big screen, ds4 controls and 60fps. It's really beautiful to look at, absolutely does not feel like a remaster, but an AAA racer to me.

At the moment I feel really happy to be able to play again these gems in this much upgraded form.

Really hope this will sell well and convince Sony to make a full fledged continuation to this glorious franchise.

I've got fond memories of Fusion: remember one of the long Mandrashee tracks (looping roller coaster over tropical island, IIRC), with Funny Break playing.

It had that weird thing where you unlocked crazy weapons by completing team challenges; Feisar had a powerful missile, Piranha had a lock-on turbo ram thing.

Still my least favourite Wipeout, though.

xrnzaaas

I went digital after all when I found out you don't get any bonuses with the physical version. Now I have a cool Wipeout avatar. :) Gonna join you guys tomorrow, because my shitty connection probably won't allow me to download the entire game today.

*get autopliot*

*Engages autopilot just when the track goes straight ahead*

This happens way to often lol

I remember autopilot on 2097: it used to disable the track collision detection, so you could hold onto one until you absolutely knew you couldn't make the corner, then enable it and watch as you clipped through the side of the track without slowing down!

All this talk of analogue vs digital control made me remember the NegCon that I used to use for 2097. That was awesome; must still be in the attic somewhere...

kadotsu

Banned
The game is almost perfect. If I could change a thing it would be the color palette for B class in 2048's zone mode. While B is slow the track and barriers kind of flow into each other so it is harder to navigate than A class.

I went digital after all when I found out you don't get any bonuses with the physical version. Now I have a cool Wipeout avatar. :) Gonna join you guys tomorrow, because my shitty connection probably won't allow me to download the entire game today.
you still get the avatars in the physical edition

xrnzaaas

you still get the avatars in the physical edition

And the art book and the ship? ;) Anyway it was a tiny bit cheaper than the best offer for a physical copy so I won't complain. And I'm not planning on selling the game when I'm done with it. ;)

TP-DK

In HD, how can I see if I have beaten the even on skilled or elite?

Edit: ahh it shows the icons on the map.

Hackbert

Played for an hour and holy shit I missed Wipeout. Playing 2048 again is glorious, especially in 1080/60

One of the best remasters I've played since Homeworld, well done Sony.

I also love that all the voice work carried over. Every brand has it's own voice actor for the weapons and such, it's such a cool detail.

it feels so good to play Wipeout again. And in 4K it is a beauty. i did not try turning motion blur off until now. and it is a nice bonus, as 2048 is new to me. great design.
how do most of you steer? digipad or sticks? pad seems always more precise for me.

and another question, maybe someone tried it. recognizes the game if spotify is running, or do i get no effect in zone mode with spotify playing?

So has anyone sussed out what the story-boarded cutscene in the digital art book was meant for? I'm very intrigued​.

Also, for anyone who doesn't know, if you click the touchpad it will change the song for you!

Top Bottom