• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

WipEout Omega Collection |OT| Out of CoLD SToRAGE

I really shouldnt buy this... but I so want to

giphy.gif

Shin-Ra

I wish shields were more forgiving at lower difficulty levels, maybe have them recharge over time slowly or something, I keep getting literally destroyed on this warped race.
You know you can absorb pickups instead of firing them to recharge your shield, right?

Nerdkiller

Membeur
Useful ship selection advice from the online manual:

Nice high-res logo there too.
WipEoutOmegaLOGO.png
Best part for me...

Create an online multiplayer game of your own, or look through a list of games hosted by other players.
YES! THEY KEPT THE SERVER BROWSER FROM HD! Screw any and all random matchmaking crap, 2048's got a proper online set up this time!

Yes, I'm still waiting for my copy to arrive.

robotrock

Banned
I don't think the menu music is as good as the GOAT Fury, but it's pretty sick though. Love it.

Yeah I'd of course pay for a Fury themed menu too or a PS4 Fury theme but just wanna say this one is cool too.

Shin-Ra

Best part for me...

YES! THEY KEPT THE SERVER BROWSER FROM HD! Screw any and all random matchmaking crap, 2048's got a proper online set up this time!

Yes, I'm still waiting for my copy to arrive.
It's fast, it's simple, it works.

Finaika

This should probably go in the gaming opinion thread but while I love the game. I don't get the love for this music ...Like. AT. ALL.

While the defenders aren't quite as bad as the Jpop and anime defense force, it's still formidable.

Thisss.

Deimo5

I see Hellfire_WZ in the leaderboards, thats cool. Wonder if he will make some new videos. I used his tutorial to first learn how to beat Zico.

Bucca

Fools are always so certain of themselves, but wiser men so full of doubts.
Man HDs hud is a cluttered mess compared to 2048s.

Not sure how the unlockable ones look though.

Deimo5

I like my vita but I probably can't go back to 2048 there after this version.

The custom music integration is the only thing I would say is notably worse without being overly subjective.

vonStirlitz

Unconfirmed Member
[Redacted as the member no longer wishes to be associated with this website, and the reputational damage and distress caused by association with this website. In addition, the user considers that the action of the management, and the nature of the site and members of its community, renders the original terms and conditions of this site void, and it unconscionable for either side to be bound to them. The user reasserts their IP rights in all content and does not give any authority for its continued usage on this website. Despite requesting that the user's account be deleted, in accordance with data protection rules which apply to this website over multiple jurisdictions, the admin team have failed to delete this account, requiring the user to take its own steps to ensure the valid deletion of data.]

DominoKid

alright so is there a tutorial on how to play this?

it's been like a decade since the psp games and i have forgotten everything.

NJShadow

If you want to add it to the OP, if you use the basic USB music player, the game won't have to suspend when you go in and out of it. Just an FYI.

NJShadow

I don't think the menu music is as good as the GOAT Fury, but it's pretty sick though. Love it.

Yeah I'd of course pay for a Fury themed menu too or a PS4 Fury theme but just wanna say this one is cool too.

I thought the same thing. Nothing compares to that mean Fury music in the main menus.

So the USB music is affected by the sound distortion, etc?

I wish you could supplement the information game music instead of just replacing it. Guess I could download the ost.

Shaneus

Yea every time I hear another ship ride past me I'm thinking of Star Wars every time it's fucking hilarious haha. Such a similar sound.
Yet to play it, but they have a kind of a fast propeller/propulsion thing going on? Because Formula Fusion does exactly the same thing (including with your own ship) and it sounds dope as all hell, and I don't recall hearing it before in a Wipeout title.

Edit: Can you customise the controls at all? I've been jamming out to Wip3out where square is absorb and circle is fire, but it looks like (from that digital manual) they've been swapped?

The 2048 tracks are fantastic . Overall this release should have been perfect had we not lost the hability to use our MP3 in-game.

You were just short of 10/10 legendary , sony

Still early in the game but I kind of feel like the 2048 tracks might actually be more detailed/elaborate than HD/Fury? They look really good!

They are, they have a lot more going on visually than the HD/Fury tracks even when they were vita only. Now that they are full HD its even better. Already have a ton to play but seriously thinking about buying this...

God damn this feels so great to play. I'm especially impressed with 2048. This package is a no brainer if you're on the fence.

And yes I too yearn for that fury menu music. This one is pretty good but it doesn't touch the GOAT.

Top Bottom