• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

WipEout Omega Collection |OT| Out of CoLD SToRAGE

I feel like elimination being part of the campaign is annoying since it's kinda rng based, also what's the strategy for zone battle? Is there any benefit to saving up zone boost before using it? I'm assuming there's a multiplier or something

Unknown?

I feel like elimination being part of the campaign is annoying since it's kinda rng based, also what's the strategy for zone battle? Is there any benefit to saving up zone boost before using it? I'm assuming there's a multiplier or something
Yes if you fill it all the way it gives a bigger boost.

This Collection makes me yearn for a fully featured, new PS4 WipEout. Seeing how good HD/2048 look with the PS4 is just such a tease.

Has anyone looked at the digital art book? Some concept art in there is maybe from the PS4 WipEout which was in preproduction?

Schneider

dabbled in 2048, but decided wipeout hd was more fun, until chengou project
Prior to this, have gotten gold elite for every challenge. The single race on chengou? 8th place, no matter what I do. That hairpin is my worse enemy :(

dabbled in 2048, but decided wipeout hd was more fun, until chengou project
Prior to this, have gotten gold elite for every challenge. The single race on chengou? 8th place, no matter what I do. That hairpin is my worse enemy :(
Yep that's where the real shut starts lol, impact is good too. I was planning on doing each campaign in order but that seeks silly, I'll just go until I hit a roadblock, then go to a different campaign until that gets really hard then switch etc. Etc.

Schneider

Yep that's where the real shut starts lol, impact is good too. I was planning on doing each campaign in order but that seeks silly, I'll just go until I hit a roadblock, then go to a different campaign until that gets really hard then switch etc. Etc.

Feel like I'm gonna do this too, already drove myself crazy shaving off 0.04 of a second to get a gold on a time trial, might try fury now

This is the best way to approach it.

Anyone tried on remote play yet? I wonder how viable it is and I want a little bit of that Pure feel again.

I still can't believe we're getting a WipEout, any WipEout, on PS4.

This year has been a nonstop barrage of greatness, god damn. Can't wait for my copy to arrive but Amazon shipped it through regular-ass mail. I'll be lucky if it gets here by Friday. Amazon "Premium"...

Bishop89

Fuck it, I'm going to buy the physical Edition.

Was going to go digital for convenience but it's cheaper at retail. Not by much but still.

This is the best way to approach it.

Anyone tried on remote play yet? I wonder how viable it is and I want a little bit of that Pure feel again.

I've played the game on remote play via my Vita. PS4 downstairs and playing on my bed upstairs with the Vita. My PS4 is on LAN and Vita is on the same network. There is almost zero lag. Remember to turn off "Direct Connection" in Remote Play settings on the PS4. That "Direct Connection" thing is pretty shite.

I spent 15 mins on Anulpha Pass to get the Beat Zico trophy. Best time I got so far was 31.29. Not bad even after away from the game for a while. Gonna have another go at it later today. Gonna try it for 15 mins then continue with the campaign.

This game...

heart-attack.jpg

What a looker, and plays amazing, tight as hell, and yeah, the 2048 tracks are really great, but that game was already stunning on vita

I finally got to put about an hour into this tonight after work. I'm really bad at these games but goddamn if it's not addictive to keep retrying an event to do better.

Haven't even touched 2048 or Fury yet either.

Played through all of the tracks I haven't gotten to in events yet, some thoughts:

- 2048 tracks look noticeably more detailed and overall better
- hd/fury tracks have much better location variance. while each 2048 track seems to have a unique draw, the majority of them are set in futuristic not-nyc and I'm not sure if the huge mascots were needed in every track either.
- Ubermall is easily the ugliest track
- as pretty as sol (1) is and how fun it'll be to mess around on it I'm already dreading it in events

I've played the game on remote play via my Vita. PS4 downstairs and playing on my bed upstairs with the Vita. My PS4 is on LAN and Vita is on the same network. There is almost zero lag. Remember to turn off "Direct Connection" in Remote Play settings on the PS4. That "Direct Connection" thing is pretty shite.
Awesome, thanks for the response.

Played through all of the tracks I haven't gotten to in events yet, some thoughts:

- 2048 tracks look noticeably more detailed and overall better
- hd/fury tracks have much better location variance. while each 2048 track seems to have a unique draw, the majority of them are set in futuristic not-nyc and I'm not sure if the huge mascots were needed in every track either.
- Ubermall is easily the ugliest track
- as pretty as sol (1) is and how fun it'll be to mess around on it I'm already dreading it in events

Sol 1 was a nightmare on the faster tracks I remember.

pixelation

Okey so upon playing it more i am noticing the changes made to the tracks, and it was definitely improved, i love the unique voices for the ships... my fave so far is the Tigron ship/voice. I hope it sells enought to warrant a new game or at the very least DLC (that track from Wipeout Pure with the rain at night time would look awesome!, or better yet the one from Wip3out on top of the buildings with rain and lightning).

BubbaMc

Man, nobody does smoothness like the Wipeout team (if there is one anymore).

The liquid smooth 60fps is absolutely beautiful!

Why can't other Devs make their games this smooth?

Going back to the PC after playing this is jarring.

Melchiah

I haven't had the time to play the game yet, but I checked out the digital art book, and was disappointed with it. It's beyond me why you can't transfer the images to USB-stick, or even take a screenshot of them to use as a wallpaper. The restrictions make it totally pointless.

EDIT: Was it like this with Horizon Zero Dawn digital art book as well? If so, I'll definitely stick with physical editions, when it comes to games I won't be playing regularly.

leng jai

Have to say it doesn't look that great visually to me. Something about the colours seem harsh, like they're overly saturated.

Yes there is. It downloaded for me yesterday.

Version 1.01
- Added Pure Racing mode to online multiplayer.
- Added Turkish language support.
- Minor bug fixes.

Huh, didn't notice when it downloaded for me last night. Well there you go!

...I checked out the digital art book, and was disappointed with it. It's beyond me why you can't transfer the images to USB-stick, or even take a screenshot of them to use as a wallpaper. The restrictions make it totally pointless.

It is a bit of a shame you can't at least 'Set as wallpaper', so to speak, but I really appreciate the inclusion of it as-is. I assume the argument is that you don't own the rights to these images, so you can't just take them? Also being a digital bonus, people would complain if others could just easily, and freely, access the images via screenshots etc. Just playing devils advocate really, I do agree that it's a bit annoying.

Mind you, the static and dynamic themes are pretty great so eh.

Okey so upon playing it more i am noticing the changes made to the tracks, and it was definitely improved, i love the unique voices for the ships... my fave so far is the Tigron ship/voice. I hope it sells enought to warrant a new game or at the very least DLC (that track from Wipeout Pure with the rain at night time would look awesome!, or better yet the one from Wip3out on top of the buildings with rain and lightning).

Manor Top! Amazing track, I loved that so much! I remember being amazed at the engine lights being reflected on the wet ground.

Melchiah

It is a bit of a shame you can't at least 'Set as wallpaper', so to speak, but I really appreciate the inclusion of it as-is. I assume the argument is that you don't own the rights to these images, so you can't just take them? Also being a digital bonus, people would complain if others could just easily, and freely, access the images via screenshots etc. Just playing devils advocate really, I do agree that it's a bit annoying.

Mind you, the static and dynamic themes are pretty great so eh.

It's better than not having it at all. I just wish it was possible to use them as PS4 wallpapers at least, even if you couldn't transfer them to PC and use them as such there.

The dynamic theme is pretty good though. Did the digital version come with a static theme as well?

GamingArena

"Going back to the PC after playing this is jarring"

Huh?

Finaika

What?

You can play 144+fps games on the PC.

angelic

Banned
What's the best, cheapest 4K HDR TV?

a cheap 4k tv isnt worth having, it will suck. tbh any 4k tv isnt worth having until OLED is perfected and the cost comes down.

a 1080p panasonic plasma makes this look better than anything else you can display it on, which you could pick up for 100$ second hand.

NXGamer

What's the best, cheapest 4K HDR TV?
US or UK?

The cheapest in UK is the hisense M3000 or 5500, not bad but image retention/ghosting is it's biggest issue.

US is the visio H8 model, very good for price, both HDR10.

Also if anyone is interested, my first look is up on the game https://youtu.be/44Q5gwTFSL0 and across both consoles, a quality remaster and great for HDR due to its colour scheme.

JamboGT

Played an hour or so before bed last night, have to say the DS4 analog mapping seems much better than the DS3 everything feels so smooth.

madmackem

US or UK?

The cheapest in UK is the hisense M3000 or 5500, not bad but image retention/ghosting is it's biggest issue.

US is the visio H8 model, very good for price, both HDR10.

Also if anyone is interested, my first look is up on the game https://youtu.be/44Q5gwTFSL0 and across both consoles, a quality remaster and great for HDR due to its colour scheme.
Just watching now, any chance of using 4k video in the future?.

Pachimari

I can't remember, there's a lot of single player content in this one right? And lore? How the online play, and have you played with each other?

Top Bottom