• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Witcher 3 PC Performance Thread

Agent_4Seven

Tears of Nintendo
jhazfh.gif

Downloading Day 1 patch.

Tukker

Well it starts up on my ati 7850 card so far. It has defauled some setting to low medium and even high on textures. Will see how it runs in the outside world now :).

Spazznid

Windows 10 .84 driver. GTX 970 in SLI. LOTS of stutter. Not smooth at all. Gonna have to disable one I guess. Well that's worth the money. Please update soon Nvidia.

Matty8787

Windows 10 .84 driver. GTX 970 in SLI. LOTS of stutter. Not smooth at all. Gonna have to disable one I guess. Well that's worth the money. Please update soon Nvidia.

No,no,no,nope.

Don't say that, hopefully it's the windows 10 drivers and not the ones released today (sorry for you if that is the case)

Downloaded game with GOG downloader and the patch with browser. Ran patch and game crashes right on start up. Infact, it doesnt even start. Do i need to run the path in a certain folder? cause i cant switch install patch while its activated.

M.D

I hope someone can make out the best way to run this on ultra & steady 60fps with a 970, since there a lot of people using this card

Human_me

My (Steam) Witcher 3 downloaded about 300mb (I presume day one patch)
Then when I tried to play it, it gave me a error message "invalid depot config"
So I restart steam and click play again.
Now it's downloading 1.3GB!
I've got a terrible internet speed, so it will take about 2 hours to download that.

I wanted to play it tonight :(

This is bullshit, everyone is playing and im stuck here with missing executables. yes ive done the appcache delete, restart computer and all that.

UnrealEck

This game seems really fucked up.
The only setting that really affects my framerate is foliage distance. I can have everything on ultra (hairworks off) and it'll be around 30 FPS. I can turn every setting down and the only one that really affects it and brings it above 30 is foliage distance. It brings it to 45-50.

D

Deleted member 245925

Unconfirmed Member
Steam. Why you so mean to me. You update. Then stop. Update then stop. Quit playing games with my heart.

Same here. It also said "Ready to launch in approximately: more than 1 year" for a moment... then the connection timed out. Now it's downloading 1.3 GB again.

Kade

My GTX 970 crashed 10 minutes into the game. :/

I had all the settings set to Ultra for Graphics and High for Post-Processing at 1080 Borderless Window. It was running perfectly fine too.

Kezen

Banned
This game seems really fucked up.
The only setting that really affects my framerate is foliage distance. I can have everything on ultra (hairworks off) and it'll be around 30 FPS. I can turn every setting down and the only one that really affects it and brings it above 30 is foliage distance. It brings it to 45-50.

Try lowering shadows from ultra to high.

Stiler

ADVICE PLEASE!

I have the game going on medium at 60FPS atm on my GTX 670. If I wanted to try and squeeze as much out of the graphics as possible while keeping my 60FPS, which settings would give me the Best Visual Difference to Frames Lost ratio?

For me (And this might be a personal preference) but I always hit the AA settings if I want to squeeze performance out while still having as much graphical power as I can get.

I can stand jaggies on distant objects but I know that it might bug other people.

Yurikerr

This post isn't by me, it's by a guy with the same username as me.
Woops, i got a driver crash after 5 minutes (45-50fps) with my 7950....

Everything on high minus Hairworks and HBAO...

styl3s

Game has now locked up twice.

Is it possible to quick save? Because this is quite annoying. Game otherwise runs fine except for some reason it drops 20-30fps during cut scenes and awkward frame drops like when i went under this bridge it dropped to 20-25fps for some absurd reason.

derExperte

Is it possible to quick save? Because this is quite annoying. Game otherwise runs fine except for some reason it drops 20-30fps during cut scenes and awkward frame drops like when i went under this bridge it dropped to 20-25fps for some absurd reason.

F5=Quicksave

Lulubop

Maxed out every and holding 30 fps on a 780ti.

Had to cap it, was varying from 30-40 fps.

780ti
3570k stock.

Yea.

This is at 1080p

amrod

2 crashes in 33 min with a 980 ... Every other game I've played works fine, time to wait for a patch to make it more stable

golem

Let the tweaking begin!

Btw if you want to get your Steam cloud saves out for the Witcher 2 so W3 can detect them they're in this folder:

:\Program Files\Steam\userdata\<a number>\20920\remote

finalflame

Game has CTD and then just hung up twice for me now.

2x SLI 980s
i5-4670K

Running all in-game sliders maxed, including HBAO+ and HairWorks at 1080p.

Also, my framerate is staying at a locked 60fps in-game, and during in-game events, but stuttering terribly and dropping during cutscenes. Is anyone else experiencing this?

Performance-wise this is a huge letdown. I have a textbook "high-end" PC this game should have been optimized to work perfectly on without hitches (2 flahship GPUs from the fucking sponsor GPU mfg, current gen Intel CPU).

Really hope they figure this shit out FAST.

Can someone keep an eye of where the actual performance takes a hit during the game.

I'm suspecting the game runs fine initially but then will take a major hit during more intensive combat or going through a city.

So I'd like to hear confirmations about this.

Danlord

Really impressed with GOG and GOG Galaxy with this. Started playing the minute it went live through that. I downloaded the 1.02 patch about an half-hour before and unlocked straight away.

(PC:: i7 4790K, 560Ti, 16GB DDR3, running off USB 3.0 HDD)
Performance wise, I've not got anything up to the highest setting simply because I know it won't run, the GPU is my biggest bottleneck, and I played Borderless windowed at 900p and it ran okay locked at 30 but I didn't like how it felt. I need to upgrade if I'm going to play games like this on my PC, but I will be getting this for PS4 eventually.

Edit
Running 350.12 and haven't crashed, however I've only played for roughly an hour. The cutscenes are definitely stuttering, maybe attributed to running from External USB 3.0 HDD however I've not encountered any streaming issues with Skyrim, Cities: Skylines, Don't Starve, Unreal Tournament '99 and such.

sgs2008

quick save is f5

Kriken

i-5 4690k CPU
GTX 770 4 GB
8 GB RAM

Got it cranked up to 1800p at a silky smooth 15 fps on Ultra

It runs fairly decent at 1080p on high, and personally the difference between ultra and high isn't enough for me to justify the lower framerate

LordAmused

I5 4690
GTX 970
16GB Ram

Everything maxed out except Grass and Foliage Distance. Hairworks is off. HBAO+ is on.
55-60 FPS @ 1080p. A wonder!

Getting constant driver crashes w/ GTX 670 on W10. On 350.12, and tried W3 drivers that came out today but they seem a bust, doesn't install properly (leaves one monitor blank, and when restarts looks like theres no driver installed). I'll try .84 W10 drivers.

D

Deleted member 325805

Unconfirmed Member
i5 3570k @ 4.4GHz, MSI GTX 970 @ +140+500, SSD, 8GB DDR3, Windows 8.1

60fps locked on ultra, with hairworks off, foliage distance to high and SSAO. The only problem is I'm crashing very often, every 10 - 15 minutes or so, no error message it just closes to desktop.

Top Bottom