• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

With polls showing he might lose Utah, Utah GOP asks Trump to campaign in the state

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zophar

Utah, Kansas, Georgia, even Arizona now all could be in play for the Dems. Trump is the gift that keeps on giving.

mo60

Utah, Kansas, Georgia, even Arizona now all could be in play for the Dems. Trump is the gift that keeps on giving.

Kansas is a bit questionable because we only have one poll from a shady pollster as proof right now that Kansas could potentially be in play in this election. I think we have enough data to say that the other three states you listed in your post have a chance of going to the dems in this election.

Trump losing Utah would be hilarious

It would be funny to watch the republicans reaction if they lost Utah in this election. Hilary's not going to win it by much if she does take the state in this election.

mclem

To be fair, I think the best way of getting Utah people to vote for Trump is to do everything in your power to avoid Utah people seeing Trump.

Joni

Even if they remain republican, it is money that doesn't get spent somewhere else so it might win Clinton some swing states.

WoodWERD

Wait, I'm not getting this article.

The Utah GOP is worried that Trump might lose the state in the general. This is no doubt due to the fact that Trump is incredibly unpopular. So the Utah GOP's solution is to...expose himself even more to the people of Utah? Wha?

Don't you see, the unpopular part of him was just an act! Utahns just need a glimpse of dat pivot.

E-Cat

Wanting to make the race about Hillary's integrity or lack thereof; meanwhile, encouraging Trump to "tone down on the racism and xenophobia".

So, he wants to compromise Trump's integrity? Oh, sweet irony.

Jeff-DSA

http://www.ksl.com/?sid=40323900&ni...oesnt-have-proper-temperament-to-be-president

SALT LAKE CITY— Nearly 70 percent of Utah voters believe Donald Trump doesn't have "the proper temperament" to be president, and most also think the GOP's presumptive nominee is less qualified than Democrat Hillary Clinton, according to a new poll.

The UtahPolicy.com poll responses released Wednesday also found that 43 percent of Utahns believe Clinton, the former secretary of state, senator and first lady, will win the White House in November.

With the same poll also showing the billionaire businessman's recent lead over Clinton has dropped 4 percentage points since last month, the Trump campaign is faced with trying to win over one of the nation's most Republican states.

Money is also becoming an issue for Trump, whose largely self-funded campaign had less than $1.3 million on hand as of May 31 compared with some $42 million for Clinton, according to the Federal Elections Commission.

Utahns contributed less than $25,000 to Trump through last month, compared with nearly $479,000 to Clinton, FEC records show. The candidate who received the most from Utahns, more than $567,000, was GOP Texas Sen. Ted Cruz.

Cruz handily won the Utah Republican Party's presidential preference caucus vote in March, sending Trump to a distant third-place finish behind Ohio Gov. John Kasich. Kasich received more than twice as much in contributions from Utahns than Trump.

More at the link, including some of the reasons why he's slipping in polls.

As one of those crazy Mormon Utah Republicans myself, I can say that there is a ton more support for Gary Johnson than Trump on my Facebook feed. Trump is an unabashed scumbag. Not exactly representative of our state

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom