• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Wkd Box Office 10•02-04•15 - Water on Mars & money in Mars as Martian soars

Status
Not open for further replies.

eFKac

Such a shame about The Walk, cool movie, great use of 3D effects, one of the best IMAX experience I've had in years.

Looks like it's gonna burn through the War Room profits for Sony.

kswiston

Friday Studio Estimates:

1) The Martian - $10.8M - $82M total
2) Hotel Transylvania 2 - $5.3M - $101M total
3) Pan - $5.2M (even lower than the early estimates)
4) The Intern - $2.7M - $44M total
5) Sicario - $2.3M - $22M total
6) Maze Runner: The Scorch Trials - $1.5M - $67M total
7) The Walk - $1.2M - $4M total

Matt_

World's #1 One Direction Fan: Everyone else in the room can see it, everyone else but you~~~
The Martian is holding really well. $200M domestic is on the table. $188M would make it Ridley Scott's career best.

YES
it better come through for me in the prediction game!

EGM1966

I'm still trying to figure out who Pan was even for. Its too dark and self-serious for kids, too loud and garish for adults. Its a origin story nobody asked for. Its a narrative that takes place before the fun shit happens.

why
The lure of brand recognition coupled with the high concept notion of extending the original property. I know it sounds malicious but I love to see something like Pan crash and burn. Leave classics alone and don't fuck around with them in stupid ways is my view on something like Pan.

Too bad about The Walk. I really enjoyed it.

Yeah, I liked it a lot more than I thought it would. That one definitely needs IMAX 3D, though. Anything less and it definitely loses a lot of the impact.

It's really an interesting movie. When Gordon Levitt is a lead in a movie, he really leans in hard. Carries every damn movie.

loveisover.jpg

mreddie

Pan ends as
Hook and Pan recruit the Lost Boys and say they hope their friendship lasts. Yep, it ends on a sequel hook.

jett

D-Member
I didn't think a big budget movie would bomb harder than Jupiter Ass-cending this year. Damn. Panned indeed.

Coincidentally, both are WB releases. This has to be their worst year in ages.

Pan ends as
Hook and Pan recruit the Lost Boys and say they hope their friendship lasts. Yep, it ends on a sequel hook.

lol

Joe Wright will soon be making mediocre period pieces with Keira Knightly in ridiculous dresses again.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom