• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Wkd Box Office 10•04-06•13 - Gravity takes Justin Timberlake's latest vehicle down

Status
Not open for further replies.
Good, thoughtful, original IP smashing up the Box Office? Ooh, yes.
3AQmK.gif

Toxi

Banned
Holy shit at Gravity. I guess the movie lived up to the trailer.

(Gotta go see it gotta go see it gotta go see it)

Matt_

World's #1 One Direction Fan: Everyone else in the room can see it, everyone else but you~~~
Is there an october record for a Monday gross? I'd assume Gravity would have that record too?

Smellycat

It made 6.6 million on tuesday, the movie should have no problem passing the 100 million dollar mark by the end of the weekend.

Woah, Gravity. Just woah.

Wow, 80% 3D share for Gravity. Nice.

I don't see Gravity getting a Best Picture Oscar, but I think it's a lock for a nomination, as well as noms for best director, cinematography, sound, etc

It's going to swept the techs. That's for sure.

The Artist got a 98% RT? Fuck me and my entire family :/

Matt_

World's #1 One Direction Fan: Everyone else in the room can see it, everyone else but you~~~
$12.7 M friday for Gravity (-27.3%)
$8.5M for Captain Phillips

DiddyBop

I'm not surprised at gravity's success. Word of mouth has been very good and there has been a serious box office drought these past 6ish weeks. This is the quality blockbuster people have been waiting for

kswiston

A 27% drop on Friday for Gravity is pretty amazing. The weekend drop should be in the low 20s, giving it a second weekend over $40M. A domestic tally of over $200M is going to be more or less locked at this point.

Good start for Captain Philips. An opening in the mid 20s would put it on track for $100M if legs hold up.

Machete Kills should have skipped the theatrical release.

Yeah, Machete Kills needed to come out within a year of Machete. It took way too long and that particular novelty doesn't have the same appeal anymore. People are generally tired of Rodriguez's shit.

(I still really wanna see it, though, and I LOVE that Danny Trejo is the center of this series)

kswiston

Official Weekend Box Office Estimates:

Gravity - $44.3M (-20%) - $123M total

Gravity will easily be the highest grossing original film of the year. $200M is pretty much locked. $250M could happen, depending on legs next weekend.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom