• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Wolfenstein: The New Order |OT| They put Nazis on the Moon, Scheiß auf den Mond!

Frillen

Yes.

My recommendation for the Uber trophy/achievement is to play in 999 mode. Unlimited ammo and 999 health is fucking fun. Ran through the game using only dual wield.

Are there more enemies in 999 mode? Or what do they mean with 999% more action?

game is still fantastic, sad to think so many people will skip this due to watch dogs and a few reviews that were a little harsh.
I went back to replay chapter one and you can miss out on some great speech if you sneak into the bunker via the sewer instead of blowing the main door open.
is this the case for the rest of the game?, i'd hate to miss out on stuff like that.

Chabbles

Loving this game. It has that oldskool feel but with top production values, great voice acting and im liking the story alot, great pacing too. What KZSF was missing, this has in spades.

BeeDog

Goddamn at the massive train fight, wasted pretty much all my ammo there. Is there an efficient way to
fight the Ultrasoldiers/Übersoldats (or whatever they are called)
? They take an insane amount of damage.

SkylineRKR

The narrative is a bit like Shadow Fall, you'll be inserted in areas all over the globe. But in this game the dialogue is MUCH better and the hideout parts take character development that much further. Ever since the first Killzone I say that Guerrilla needs to hire competent writers. Killzone could've been what Wolfenstein TNO is, they have the lore, the enemies akin to nazis et al. TNO curb stomps Shadow Fall all over the place.

game is still fantastic, sad to think so many people will skip this due to watch dogs and a few reviews that were a little harsh.
I went back to replay chapter one and you can miss out on some great speech if you sneak into the bunker via the sewer instead of blowing the main door open.
is this the case for the rest of the game?, i'd hate to miss out on stuff like that.

Some areas can be tackled like that, and there are some other missable dialogues during exploration chapters.

GolazoDan

So any tips on defeating the boss on Chapter 5 on Uber difficulty?
the huge robot, maybe it's chapter 6? I don't have issues hitting him with my shots but I've basically exhausted all my ammo (shotgun, rifle, machine gun) and he doesn't go down. I even stun him with grenades and unload dual wielding shotguns on his face but still haven't beaten him.
Shoot his legs with the energy weapon.

Thriller

Im playing it on " I'm death incarnate" difficulty but sometimes I miss a piece of intel or gold.
can you still get everything when you set the difficulty lower? Because I just came from the Mond and into London nautica and I got Assraped non stop, was glad to get out of there alive..

SkylineRKR

Im playing it on " I'm death incarnate" difficulty but sometimes I miss a piece of intel or gold.
can you still get everything when you set the difficulty lower? Because I just came from the Mond and into London nautica and I got Assraped non stop, was glad to get out of there alive..

Yep. This game does about everything right when it comes to this. I am now playing on Normal and I only have to go for the pieces I missed during my first run which was on DI.

Slowly pacing through it!

Just got past Chapter 8 (I think
The Prison section) and it was one of the best bits I've played in an FPS forever. Ex-Starbreeze knows how to do it right! I loved how it played like a complete stealth level until the crazy mech fight at the end- my heart was racing! Frau Engel deserves to suffer MORE. It felt completely desolate- and we were being called filth while flies circled everywhere.

The ambiance in this game is unmatched. lovelovelove.

When you return the medicine to that couple and then
see the flies on the husband
, wow :(

Very grim level.
i7wMT7eeS2vEs.gif

I listened to every single NPC in that level, reminded me of the Riddick prison where everyone has an interesting story to tell. One of them even tells of how Frau Engel came to be.

Played through both Wyatt and Fergus timelines to chapter 9, just soaking it all in with the replays for the collectible hunting (and gifs). Seeing Wyatt's character develop from insecure rookie to taking control of his self-esteem and understanding his role in this resistance has been more interesting. The more you play, the more you master the game on Uber of knowing where best to move, slide around, where to take cover (mostly against drones), figuring out the robot's weaknesses (grenade + few shots to the battery), and where dual shotguns is best (London Nautica vent hallway, Eisenwald Prison last shotgun heavies hallway).

Mask

Got my Art of Wolfenstein LE book through today.

Some damn nice art in this book, and interesting stuff cut from the game. A few screens of early versions, one without any Sci-fi stuff, and one with a Borderlands-style shading.

Something about the final boss too.
Originally, after you beat Mecha Deathshead, the cockpit popped out of the mech, and became a Tank.

KORNdoggy

So those who have completed it on uber, how difficult is the final level? I'm on the second to last stage, almost done it, but i'd hate for some super annoying final stage to kick me into submission and lower the difficulty so close to the end. Is there any points through the campaign that is potentially more difficult, just to ease my mind..lol.

crozier

Man, I have so many unfinished (achievement wise) shooters for PC, but I want this one badly. Too expensive to pull the trigger now, sadly, but definitely someday.

It also sounds like it runs acceptably on a 670GTX. I didn't think it, but it sounds like that may be enough to get me through next gen (albeit eventually on medium settings at 1080p).

MattyG

Banned
So those who have completed it on uber, how difficult is the final level? I'm on the second to last stage, almost done it, but i'd hate for some super annoying final stage to kick me into submission and lower the difficulty so close to the end. Is there any points through the campaign that is potentially more difficult, just to ease my mind..lol.
The last level is fairly easy. The boss is a bit tough, but once you figure out the tricks it's nothing unmangeable.

Man, I have so many unfinished (achievement wise) shooters for PC, but I want this one badly. Too expensive to pull the trigger now, sadly, but definitely someday.

It also sounds like it runs acceptably on a 670GTX. I didn't think it, but it sounds like that may be enough to get me through next gen (albeit eventually on medium settings at 1080p).

I'm playing on an i5 3570k@3.4 with 8GB and a 2GB 670GTX and it's fine to me but i'm not on Ultra. If there's a benchmark i'll gladly give it a whirl and let you know.

crozier

I'm playing on an i5 3570k@3.4 with 8GB and a 2GB 670GTX and it's fine to me but i'm not on Ultra. If there's a benchmark i'll gladly give it a whirl and let you know.

I'm on an i7 4770, which in retrospect was a wise choice because it sounds like CPU is starting to become a bottleneck (in this game specifically too) for a lot of people. My GTX is also the 4 gig version.

I'll look around for a benchmark, though, as it should give me some indication as to whether I'll be running at a solid 60 FPS or not. Thanks!

Footos22

The hardest area in the game was the helicopter hangar for me. After that it's all pretty straight forward. Seeming you've done that already. Your home free. Last boss Is easy. Did it first time.

Levyne

Banned
Goddamn at the massive train fight, wasted pretty much all my ammo there. Is there an efficient way to
fight the Ultrasoldiers/Übersoldats (or whatever they are called)
? They take an insane amount of damage.

For the second part of the fight (where there's two of them, iirc), I just ran to the train and got the hell out of there.

SnipeyMcGee

Just finished a few minutes ago and... Wow, what a surprisingly great game! Really refreshing to have a semi-old school first person shooter (health and armor pickups etc)- coupled with, what I thought anyway, really excellent story telling (if a little rushed at times- I could go for more character interaction). Loved it.

Deacan

9/10 NeoGAFfers don't understand statistics. The other 3/10 don't care.
The hardest area in the game was the helicopter hangar for me. After that it's all pretty straight forward. Seeming you've done that already. Your home free. Last boss Is easy. Did it first time.

Not just me that found the hanger abit tricky heh

I enjoyed this. Absorbed me more into the game. No more lazy walk overs. You want ammo? Look for that shit and pick it up.

That's lame man. It's tedious busy work that completely takes you away from the good stuff that's going on. This is supposed to be a self aware action game that just lets you go nuts it's not fallout 3 where you gotta scavenge around to survive.

Man, I love this game. The gunplay is so damn satisfying and the level design so far has been fantastic (only up to chapter 4 yet and I've loved every single one so far), story seems pretty good too with some nicely done voice acting.

One thing that's somewhat annoying are the sound levels for the guns. What happened? Why do they sometimes sound like pea shooters and other times sound like roaring beasts?

Montresor

Yes.

My recommendation for the Uber trophy/achievement is to play in 999 mode. Unlimited ammo and 999 health is fucking fun. Ran through the game using only dual wield.

I just started my Uber play through (quickly looked up on xboxa.org that there are no missables and Uber is not supposed to be hard).

Earlier I had no interest but all it took was the launch trailer for me to buy the game today.

How many hours does it take to beat the challenge achievement on XB1 (unlock all perks)? I'm excited for this game, Watch Dogs, and Murder Soul Suspect. I hope its not hard or time-consuming to unlock all their challenge achievements... Especially since all three of these games release so damn close to each other.

Lima

I just started my Uber play through (quickly looked up on xboxa.org that there are no missables and Uber is not supposed to be hard).

Earlier I had no interest but all it took was the launch trailer for me to buy the game today.

How many hours does it take to beat the challenge achievement on XB1 (unlock all perks)? I'm excited for this game, Watch Dogs, and Murder Soul Suspect. I hope its not hard or time-consuming to unlock all their challenge achievements... Especially since all three of these games release so damn close to each other.

It's easy. I'd say around 15-20 hours for 1k.

dab0ne

If you mean unlocking the perks you should be able to get it on your first playthrough if you're really mindful in trying to achieve them. I didn't, I just went back and got em later.

Edit: If you're just going for your Uber achievement, though, you can beat the game on normal then replay chaper 16 on Uber with all your collected upgrades and perks. That's what I did. 999 is a blast so far though.

Mask said:
Got my Art of Wolfenstein LE book through today.

Some damn nice art in this book, and interesting stuff cut from the game. A few screens of early versions, one without any Sci-fi stuff, and one with a Borderlands-style shading.

Awesome, thanks!

I'll be picking up a copy on Amazon this payday then :)

Forsete

That's lame man. It's tedious busy work that completely takes you away from the good stuff that's going on. This is supposed to be a self aware action game that just lets you go nuts it's not fallout 3 where you gotta scavenge around to survive.

Word. Its annoying having to run back and forth looking at the ground to collect ammo, especially when your guns eat them up so quickly.

Like you said, it is supposed to be a balls out action game, manually picking up ammo doesn't fit in IMO.

MattyG

Banned
What's a good way to farm the "5 mechanical enemy kills with grenades" perk, and the one after it? Those are the last two I need for the platinum.

Tizoc

Having just finished Transistor, I can jump back in and finish this baby up.
Sadly due to work I only managed to get as far as getting into the bunker at the start of the game (picked up a gatling gun!)

Funny thing about the enemies there: There's a Commander and 3 soldiers, I crouch and manage to get to that commander and stealth kill him.
I stand up from my crouch and lo and behold: THE SOLDIERS SEE ME!

Fucking hell devs, stop with the Crouch=Stealth....

Other than that, I don't think I'll max out all my perks since I'm more focused on just going gung ho and slaughtering Nazis while dual wielding guns.

Big_Al

Unconfirmed Member
As much as I enjoyed the story, world etc I would love it if MachineGames gave us some sort of Instant Action mode. Just the levels full of Nazis and all the weapons at our disposal. Hell let us choose which weapons to use or mix things up with modifiers etc. I would love that for replayability purposes.

Top Bottom