• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Wolfenstein: The New Order |OT| They put Nazis on the Moon, Scheiß auf den Mond!

Mik3F

Yeah, I saw some dudes who did that on YT. But I could not reproduce it.

I brought my A-game to that fight and even after pumping all of my rockets and 'nades into him, I could not get him down. I did go and grind out my missing perks then (the one that gives more rocket ammo). And I intend to reattempt this thing. Just need to conserve all of my rockets for that phase.

I used the LKW for the first stage so had all the rockets I needed for the second stage. There are also refills when fighting the second stage too if needed

antitrop

Seriously. It is pretty much what you'd get if that game was any fun
I had a ton of fun jumping all over the Skyrails and shit during combat, but as a shooter, Wolfenstein holds Bioshock Infinite up by the neck and smacks it around until it looks silly.

codhand

I had a ton of fun jumping all over the Skyrails and shit during combat, but as a shooter, Wolfenstein holds Bioshock Infinite up by the neck and smacks it around until it looks silly.

Bioshock as a series was never a good shooter, but I loved it for other reasons.

Anung

Un Rama
I can finally post in here!

Been playing this game almost constantly. On my third run now after doing a normal run, collectable run and finally Uber run. This is probably my surprise gem game of the year (so far). Absolutely love it. Hardly put any time into Watch_Dogs because I'm enjoying this game much more.

The story is so much more than it has any right to be. Hope it gets a sequel of some sort (or DLC)

On my third playthrough as well...

It's interesting how certain events in the game seem random - they're there one playthrough but not the next. Or maybe I'm just missing the timing of them.

For example, in the hub:
in one of the rooms I found a hammer sitting in a pail, and BJ says something like "looks like somebody is trying to hide this hammer here..." But I've never found any quest or use for this thing.

Also during my first playthrough of the game I was able to sleep in a bed
(not the nightmare bed), but I never did. Then later on I read a comment saying people should do that because you get a cool cutscene or something. Trouble is, I've never been able to select that bed again....

Cg006

Neo Member
The game was a very pleasant surprise!
I played it in Uber and got my Platinum off this game. I got to admit i had to cheat for those enigma codes and locations.. took me forever.... but i did it.

best part.... I used that best buy unlocked got it for 52. Then got $20 back on best buy preorder bonus and since i ordered 2 copies, BB screwed up the preorders figurine so i got $10 extra. So that leaves the game at about $22 bux AND i traded it back to best but for like 35! Win Win
This game was awesome!

Raptor

I enjoy a lot teh stealth in this game, and Im a gamer that hates stealth in games, something about throwing a knife to guards and stuff is satisfying as fuck.

Im at the start of the Chapter where you use a
mini sub
or something.

Love this game so much.

Hammer24

Banned
Hey guys, any quick tips for the
deathshead boss battle, second part (in the room with the flames)
?

Mostly tried the grenade launcher that seems to struck, but can´t get him to die.
Helps greatly appreciated!

glaurung

Hey guys, any quick tips for the
deathshead boss battle, second part (in the room with the flames)
?

Mostly tried the grenade launcher that seems to struck, but can´t get him to die.
Helps greatly appreciated!
Pick up all the ammo following the first phase of that fight.

Dual rocket launchers + grenades + railgun + grenades + LKW.

Unless you're on über, which sucks balls.

delta25

Banned
Every single PC game has performance issues, every single one unfortunately. Personally I've almost never had a PC game I couldn't play after a few tweaks in the settings (I usually lower resolution and switch on vsynch).

Syndicat (The FPS made by Starbreeze) is one of the rare exceptions, as it's impossible to get good mouse/keyboard controls on that game. Plugging in a controller works, but then I might as well play it on the PS3. (Though even with the broken controls, the game is still fun)

On graphics. Playing Syndicat right after Wolfenstein was interesting. It's a game from 2012, but I immediately noticed the step down in graphics. Wolfenstein's textures probably looks worse up close, but the game definitely is a step up from 2012 shooters - and not a step back to 2007 as some say :)
Yes I understand that, all im doing is simply saying that the differances between the two are incredibly slight in comparison, there really is nothing to contest

Hammer24

Banned
Pick up all the ammo following the first phase of that fight.

Dual rocket launchers + grenades + railgun + grenades + LKW.

Unless you're on über, which sucks balls.

Not on Über.
But it did not let me take the railgun with me, when I went down. Will try dualing the weapons.

glaurung

Not on Über.
But it did not let me take the railgun with me, when I went down. Will try dualing the weapons.
Hmm... Unless I am completely delusional, I think there was a Marksman railgun stacked against the guns cabinet behind the impenetrable glass wall.

Someone else in this thread said he railgunned the second phase.

Hammer24

Banned
Hmm... Unless I am completely delusional, I think there was a Marksman railgun stacked against the guns cabinet behind the impenetrable glass wall.

Someone else in this thread said he railgunned the second phase.

Do you mean the upgraded sniper rifle? This I got. Bot not the heavy gun that you can only carry or throw away, but not put into inventory.

DieH@rd

Banned
Railgun has to present in that fight. He maybe talked about that sniper/automatic laser.

I used only railgun [with aim mode for firing dozen of shots at once].

glaurung

Do you mean the upgraded sniper rifle? This I got. Bot not the heavy gun that you can only carry or throw away, but not put into inventory.
Meh.

My vocabulary:
  • Railgun - marksman alternate fire with battery power.
  • LKW - the LaserKraftWerk. Multi-lock-on ability once upgraded.
  • Rocket launcher - assault rifle's alternative fire mode. Upgraded with perk progression for more ammo.

So anyway as I mentioned earlier I finished it on UBER this morning in the Fergus time line, and in the same day I've blasted through it again on very easy picking up the missed collectables to get the platinum. I prefer Fergus to Wyatt... :p

Hammer24

Banned
Railgun has to present in that fight. He maybe talked about that sniper/automatic laser.

I used only railgun [with aim mode for firing dozen of shots at once].

Meh.

My vocabulary:
  • Railgun - marksman alternate fire with battery power.
  • LKW - the LaserKraftWerk. Multi-lock-on ability once upgraded.
  • Rocket launcher - assault rifle's alternative fire mode. Upgraded with perk progression for more ammo.

Thanks guys, will try this out!

I prefer Fergus to Wyatt... :p

Absolutely. I thought Wyatt was a bit of a misstep - as far as the otherwise spectacular character design in this game goes. One scene he's a sniveling coward and the next he's a fearless tactician. He was a disjointed character.

Fergus was solid and I loved listening to him.

Hammer24

Banned
If you save up your rockets, dual rocket launchers is all you really need. Use them first and just unload into him. Then once the room starts getting smokey you can switch to the LKW and it's lock-on ability to finish the job.

But the lockon is basically just one shot, and its empty? So run and reload?

Spux666

Banned
Wow, great impressions of this game. Can't decide on PS4 or PC. Which was this game designed on?

All games are made on computers.
trollface.png

Home sick from work. Just finished up. Boss fight was okay once I realized,
assault rifle works a crap ton better than LKW
.Totally cut my running around in half. I really liked the ending. I was really impressed.

Now to play through the last chapter on Uber and hunt for collectables.

Mask

Got my Panzerhund Edition today.

I must say, I'm honestly surprised at the quality of the stuff they give you with this. The Panzerhund is more akin to a nice quality action figure, and isn't stuck to the base at all, the base being
a solid plastic disk. The figure stands freely on the base, and has a surprising amount of articulation, mouth, arms, etc..

The folder of documents attached to the lid are particularly nice. A ton of maps from the game, a german letter, a replica of one of the Da'at Y'ichud documents, an xray of BJ's shrapnel that is
actually made to be like an actual xray, i,e, lights up when held up to a light source. There's also a book of postcards, nice enough, a replica of Fergus Reid's dog tags, which is awesome because Fergus is one of the best characters, some Iron on Patches, and the Steelbook game case, with 4 disc spaces inside.

The box that all this comes in is really nice, metal clasps and hinges, solid thick material, and enough room to place the Artbook inside too.

This is one of the first Collectors Editions that have actually had proper care put into them. Cost a bit less than the Dark Souls 2 CE, but more higher quality stuff inside. Nice job, Bethesda.

No pictures at the moment, no camera with me.

DirtyLarry

Well, on my tries ´til now, he didn´t kill me, but the flames in the room did.
Need to get better! :)
You can
jump and slide under the flames. That is the key. Also with the LKW, you lock on, shoot at him will will stun him, then run to the back of the room and there is a charging station on both sides. He will come in one of the doors to the back rooms with the charging area, so if you are not fully recharged, run back to the other side of the room, jumping and sliding through the flames of course, let him come back to you, hit him with a few rockets as he is coming back, then run back to the other area to charge again. Rinse and repeat and you will have him beat in no time.

Chris87

Neo Member
nothing from a story perspective. there's a cutscene or two down the line that changes dialogue but thats it.

It also affects whether you are able to upgrade your health or armour as you go through the game. I can't remember which character was which though!

Andrew.

Banned
It also affects whether you are able to upgrade your health or armour as you go through the game. I can't remember which character was which though!

Fergus is health. Wyatt is armor. And everything stacks, so max out both and then start an Uber game through Chapter Select so all your upgraded weapons like the launchers carry over (aside from the LKW). Most likely much easier.

About how long does the campaign last?
15-20 hours.

I'm on 35 hours right now, because I just finished both timeline campaigns on Uber difficulty. Well worth replaying for collectibles, extra characters, and story stuff. Then there is 999 mode, which is my 3rd playthrough.

Goddamn, have never played a game a third time. This game has consumed me.

FUCK YOU NAZI SCUM
ibcprh3GEbaFuK.gif

PEEK A BOO MOTHAFUCKA
ibkKrP5gEIbF8g.gif

Amazing game and one of the finer singleplayer FPS experiences since Half Life 2 and Resistance 3. Everything just clicks so far, and I have been playing for about 3-4 hours. The whole world feels believable because the nazi's actually speak German unlike other games where they have an accent.

I also love the fact that stealth is an option here.

Gold Member
Just got my platinum trophy for this, best game I've played in a long while.

I just spent 2 hours trying to beat the final boss on über

Then I realised (BIG SPOILER!!!)
you can just run down the walkway on the right then duck behind it and kill that mofo by shooting his legs out and he can't shoot you easily, he gets the odd shot in here and there but with overpowered health you can take him down easy.

999 mode next, but I think I'll take a break and play Watch_Dogs first after that! :D

Some of the characters in the hideoout are different, including a fairly majorish side character.
In addition to either armor or health upgrades for each.
Some levels do change also.
For instance, at one point Wyatt opts to not save people whereas Fergus makes an effort to.
That didn't really affect the story that much though.

Top Bottom