• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Wolfenstein: The New Order |OT| They put Nazis on the Moon, Scheiß auf den Mond!

RoboPlato

I'd be in the dick
Playing some Syndicate before this drops to prepare!

Goodness, I'm excited. Starbreeze will always be my favorite developer for FPS!

I just hope the pre-load behind soon!
Syndicate is criminally underrated. Great combat and the constant feedback loop from hacking was very satisfying. Best gatling gun ever.

DieH@rd

Banned
It has nice little touches like bloody hands and there is a permanent noise filter applied which I don't like but it guess creates some atmosphere. PS4.

q2QxHjH.jpg

Thanks for PS4 screenshots. Post more if you can.

pelican

The tracking for my LE Artbook shows that it's way to an airport. Due to me being a UK person, I'm not expecting to get the Artbook or Panzerhund Edition before the end of the month.

So are the shipping the Limited Edition from the US to here then?

You would have thought there would be a UK depot to ship the game from.

mtm5925

It has nice little touches like bloody hands and there is a permanent noise filter applied which I don't like but it guess creates some atmosphere. PS4.

q2QxHjH.jpg

Distant areas get slightly blurred? I noticed that in some screenshots and trailers, but I thought it's just photoshopped or something. I actually liked that... at least in trailers. Not sure I'll like it when I play it.

Mask

So are the shipping the Limited Edition from the US to here then?

You would have thought there would be a UK depot to ship the game from.

Yeah. They included the Import fees in the price when I bought them. As far as I could tell, no UK store.

Pretty annoying, means I won't get them until the end of the month, or later, but the artbook worked out to about the same price as just getting it from Amazon UK.

Think of game's like The Witcher 2 or STALKER. Those games have some insane texture quality, but taken as a whole, I dont think they're amazing looking at all. Obviously people get to show off what their rigs are capable of with 4k res screenshots and such.

In the end, I will always prefer art over raw tech and specs...

Hopefull we get the best worlds from time to time though like with Killzone2, which I think is still the best looking game of last gen, if not one of the best ever made :)

tumblr_llcrhaGfV61qko575o1_500.gif

Really though, what?

Mr Swine

Banned
Think the game will explain how the Nazis stole the US/alliance tech and won the war? Seems a bit odd that the rest of the world was so unprepared

Scrabble

Too much to ask for both?

I'm just pointing out why we don't see many 60fps games, despite everyone seemingly wanting games to be 60 frames. That is until "oh my god why does it look so bad." As one of those people who'd love more games to be 60 frames, it's not going to happen if this is the universal response to just about every game which is 60 frames; and 1080p at that. It's just further proof people don't know what the hell they want, and are all too quick to jump on whatever bandwagon gets out there. "All games need to be 1080p60; oh wait, that's what a game looks like when it's 1080p60? hmmmmmm, on second thought 900p30 frames doesn't seem so bad after all." So no, you can't have both.

Mask

Wow the Panzerhund and Occupied editions, huh.

Good thing you won't have an extra copy of the game :p

Lol, yeah, but the Occupied edition was the same price as the normal version, and just has a few postcards and a 20 page book.

Still, they were technically free. Won an Xbone Titanfall bundle in a competition, sold the game, and ended up selling the console too.

jaosobno

So, can somebody give us a mini/micro review based on your impressions so far?

Graphics aside, I just wanna know one thing: Is the game fun?

Jobbs

Banned
Not sure if it's been mentioned here, but Amazon is giving $10 credit with preorders of the game and has release day delivery. Very tempting.

delta25

Banned
these people complaining about the texturs need to realize that the PC version isnt going to offer you up anything better than the console version.

Not sure if it's been mentioned here, but Amazon is giving $10 credit with preorders of the game and has release day delivery. Very tempting.

Greenmangaming has a better deal if you're going to end up downloading the game anyway. It's $48 over there with a discount code.

thatJohann

Great, thx! That's all I wanted to hear.

Yeah, I mean at the end of the day, I'm having fun with it. It's not a looker, but it wasn't meant to be one. I think it's an arcade-y Duke Nukem style shooter that's a perfect way to kill some time with your PS4 before getting Watch_Dogs. That's it.

I'm about to preorder on PS4 digital. It's in my cart. I'm just a little wary because of what happened with The Show. It wasn't available at midnight like they said it would be. Has there been any comment on that in regards to this game? The preorder screen says "available at midnight" but it could be a lie.

Drewfonse

Yeah, I mean at the end of the day, I'm having fun with it. It's not a looker, but it wasn't meant to be one. I think it's an arcade-y Duke Nukem style shooter that's a perfect way to kill some time with your PS4 before getting Watch_Dogs. That's it.

How about to kill some time until Mario Kart 8 while completely and utterly ignoring Watch Dogs?

jaosobno

Yeah, I was planning on finishing this 2 times (1 regular walkthrough, 1 secret mode walkthrough) and then, some time in June, switch to WD. Perhaps I'll platinum it if it's not too time consuming.

Thanks a lot for your efforts in this thread (screens, impressions, etc.).

DieH@rd

Banned
I don't think id tech 5 supports mods. There was never a high res texture pack for Rage, was there?

I don't know about mods, but what I am 100% sure is that few simple console commands can increase memory pools, distances for texture LODs and simmilar engine tweaking stuff. I used that on day1 after Rage retail deployment.

Lima

Why don't console shooters have higher FOVs now? everyone owns a flat screen panel

More intensive to render a wider field of view.

Not everyone owns a big flat screen.

The viewing distance is much greater compared to a PC monitor so you can get away with less FOV.

Take your pick, at the end it's a combination of both.

mtm5925

I don't think id tech 5 supports mods. There was never a high res texture pack for Rage, was there?

2013-11-26_00024.jpg

- id.Dav's Survival mode.

Rage has a handful of mods. Though size of MegaTexture is still limited to 256k x 256k pixels and the source textures are very low res anyway so mods don't have sharp textures either, but at least the compression is less aggressive, results less compression artifacts.

The textures quality in Wolfenstein is already much better than Rage, so I wouldn't expect Machinegames to release higher-res texture pack for PC. But there might be advanced filtering/upscale option that introduced in v1.2 patch of Rage. And I guess that is why the the game recommends i7. (The option in Rage required 6+ core CPU)

Top Bottom