• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Wolfenstein: The New Order |OT| They put Nazis on the Moon, Scheiß auf den Mond!

Hypron

Graphics look perfectly fine to me but then I loved Rages look as well. I just want to shoot, stab and grenade many many Nazis :)

Yeah. If that game was running at sub 30 fps I could understand the complaints but if it runs at a solid 60 fps then those graphics are perfectly acceptable. The game doesn't look as good as the best looking games out there but it's got more consistent performance and it doesn't look bad either.

Yeah. If that game was running at sub 30 fps I could understand the complaints but if it runs at a solid 60 fps then those graphics are perfectly acceptable. The game doesn't look as good as the best looking games out there but it's got more consistent performance and it doesn't look bad either.

Yep.

I'm still in chapter 6 ...what the fuck....game is getting harder....first five chapters = tutorial, lol.

Unit24

One thing I'd like to know is how different each of the chapters are. Do most of them take place in different locations, or are a lot of them bunched up in a single area?

More intensive to render a wider field of view.

Not everyone owns a big flat screen.

The viewing distance is much greater compared to a PC monitor so you can get away with less FOV.

Take your pick, at the end it's a combination of both.

The issue with the FOV is that not everyone has the same size screen and not everyone sits the same distance away, so having a fixed FOV is bad or lazy on the devs part.

MattyG

Banned
Yeah I' really surprised by this game. It's an old school shooter. No COD gameplay, no linear level design, no regenerating health, many collectables, no weapon limit.....this is the game that Duke Nukem forever should have been.
Why do you insist on making this wait unbearable?

I guess it's just time to finally finish Wolf '09.

Unit24

Open level design? Collectibles? No weapon limit? Level variety? Seven hours in and not even halfway done?

May 20th can't come soon enough.

"I'm having trouble with my thoughts. They dissipate, like a scent on the wind."
(Prologue)

Not a line of dialogue I'd expect in a game about shooting evil retro-Nazis.

you guys want 60 frames or not? This same shit happens every time a game is 60 frames, what are you guys expecting?
It's the engine which is a steaming pile of shit, rage had the same problem...
their 'megatexture' system is just crap

I'd take higher resolution, better textures, anti-aliasing and other visual enhancements over 60fps any day.
I'm glad the devs of wolfenstein did not cater to you

2013-11-26_00024.jpg

- id.Dav's Survival mode.

Rage has a handful of mods. Though size of MegaTexture is still limited to 256k x 256k pixels and the source textures are very low res anyway so mods don't have sharp textures either, but at least the compression is less aggressive, results less compression artifacts.

The textures quality in Wolfenstein is already much better than Rage, so I wouldn't expect Machinegames to release higher-res texture pack for PC. But there might be advanced filtering/upscale option that introduced in v1.2 patch of Rage. And I guess that is why the the game recommends i7. (The option in Rage required 6+ core CPU)
my disdain for this engine just grew a little bit more

I resigned myself to it looking like shit up close when I heard it would use id tech 5, at least the input code should be solid which in the end matters more than ugly textures (idtech 5 still >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> than whatever broken version of UE3 was used in bioshock infinite)
Hopefully it is a better port than rage because that game was beyond saving (never got rid of the texture pop in on my pc and the microstutter would dissapear one patch then reappear the next, what a joke)

Mentions of 15-20 hours length sound good, I hope there's tons of guns.
That grain filter better be something you can toggle off in the pc version though :(

Levyne

Banned
I wonder how much replayability there is. Can't decide PC or PS4...I could always sell the PS4 version...

• A slightly tweaked story due to earlier game choice.
  • Collectables (Enigma Codes, Letters, Gold Treasure, Character Bios and Concert Art.) Can get via level select.
  • Hard Mode / Hidden Mode (?)

So you can decide whether that's a lot or not. Not being snarky, to some that might be plenty but I could see others wanting more.

Duxxy3

Why would you do that?

Move to PC? Because I don't like the PS4 triggers in shooting games. Would prefer to get the game on PS4, but not dealing with the triggers. Rather use the shoulder buttons. If that's not an option, then I'll get it on PC. Either way I'm getting the game.

zorbsie

Having issues with patch on XB1. System tells me there is an update but there is a problem with it. When I hit cancel it dumps me back to the dashboard. I can load the game up fine after that, but when I go to resume my game it tells me content hasn't downloaded yet and I can't play until it does. Bummer. Going to try and load another profile and see if there is any change.

Edit: Nope that didn't work. On the new account, I started a new game and got the same message. Can't play until the patch is loaded. There is no indication that a file is being downloaded on the system. Nothing in the queue, no red bar under the game icon, nothing. So I'm not sure when the download will be complete. Also I'm not even sure the download is working because I keep getting an error when I try to download. Maybe they are tweaking it and it's not available. It is four days before launch, so I'm not going to complain about it. I'll give it another try in an hour or so.

scitek

Decided to just Gamefly the ps4 version. It'll have parity with the PC version anyway, and it'll save me 50GB off my data cap. Watch_Dogs this is not.

Top Bottom