• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Wolfenstein: The New Order |OT| They put Nazis on the Moon, Scheiß auf den Mond!

Just picked up my copy...

Way to go Bethesda. Instead of giving us a reversible cover, you give TWO identical controller layouts inside the case.

You win Europe...

soultron

Banned
Just picked up my copy...

Way to go Bethesda. Instead of giving us a reversible cover, you give TWO identical controller layouts inside the case.

You win Europe...

See if someone will be nice enough to scan the reversible cover and then print it on some glossy paper and trim it down to size?

I'm so jacked up to get home and play this again. So much fun so far.

Big_Al

Unconfirmed Member
I am absolutely loving this at the minute and I'm up to chapter 8 or 9 (need to check). Whilst I personally think Wolf 2009 is better combat wise I love the whole sum of the parts of this one so far. The combat is no slouch either, I don't think its poor at all, but I do think certain weapons could be better. For example I looooove the assault rifles but the shotguns aren't as impressive as they should be IMO. I think this is partly due to the sound mix as well which could be a bit 'boomier' when it comes to the weapons. The AI isn't super bright but it still surprises me at times in a firefight and they are fun to fight against. I even got caught out a few times by a nazi shooting at me whilst they were lying on the ground half dead :p The stealth AI is so obviously dumbed down on purpose as well, that's how it feels to me anyway.

The story/characters are surprisingly drawing me in and I like how it feels like a WW2 adventure film in a way, the pace of this being a big part of it with myself finding it quite laid back. You've got a cast of characters I quite like, skirmishes/bouts of action, little bit of exploration, bit of stealth and various locations/places to go on your travels. The world building is brilliant as well, you can tell MachineGames have really went to town with it and I love reading all the news clippings/back story of the world.

I can see how someone would play this and just go 'meh another FPS' but I love the WW2/alternate world, love shooting me some Nazis and think it's a damn fun game so far. As a Wolfenstein fan I'm really digging it and I like how different it is from the others too.

Andrew.

Banned
Okay the lean is definitely what you need to use for those cover kills in the perks. You just got to find the perfect sweet spot

npa189

The concentration camp was pretty nuts, breaking the cement mixer was cool and just reminds me of dumb id shit of the past. Murdering everyone on that Nazi mech was awesome.

See if someone will be nice enough to scan the reversible cover and then print it on some glossy paper and trim it down to size?

I'm so jacked up to get home and play this again. So much fun so far.

Yeah, I need to commit to this whole thing. Getting pretty OCD about shitty, plastered covers to be honest...

soultron

Banned
Yeah, I need to commit to this whole thing. Getting pretty OCD about shitty, plastered covers to be honest...

I wish I could help but I bought the game on Steam. :(

I think it would be pretty easy to make a really nice, minimalist cover for this game with the available art renders/press assets that are undoubtedly out there. See if gstaff (think that's his name? he's posted in here a few times.) can help you out with finding some. He's the Bethesda community lead so he should know where to point you.

We Riddick now

10258771_141433120217a4udy.jpg

Hawk269

How bad is the texture pop in on the Xbox One version? Saw some videos of the PC version and the texture pop-in was a little annoying.

KorrZ

Really wanted to play this tonight but welp.....

618/4964MB ... 4 hours remaining

This part of next-gen is going to be a continual annoyance.

Well I just got done playing the first two hours of The New Order and I feel like I did when I was 15-years-old and played Half-Life 2 for the first time. I'm just having a ball and loving the story and characters so far. The only thing that has bugged me is the option for foreign only subtitles not working.

I think people are going to be surprised at how well this game ends up selling but it's been an absolute desert this summer for good solid games and even longer since we've had an FPS with a great epic story to boot. Most important though is that it's just damn fun and I can't wait to get back to slaughtering me some Natzi scum.

I find it funny that this game might turn out better than Watch Dogs. Funny and sad.

ElRenoRaven

Well finally got to the beginning credits lol. I have to say So far this game is damn amazing minus a couple of minor animation bugs and texture issues. Nothing like seeing a dead enemy frozen in a mid fall pose. Also interesting when you jump on a table and look in a vent to see a blue box. lol

But like I said those are minor minor things.

Keasar

Ran into a quite showstopping bug.
On Chapter 12, when you get to the end of the bridge and climb into the bridge support, the lockpicking of the door doesn't work. It doesn't react to me pressing Mouse 1 and moving it. Tried rebinding, reloading save etc. Nothing works. I am basically stuck now.

Edit:
Found a alternative entrance, luckily, but really, not working. :p

I encountered this again on the next chapter. Now I am really stuck and can't proceed at all.

gstaff

I saw a brief glimpse of the old GET PSYCHED loading screen earlier. How do you get that all the time?

I didn't notice this the first few times playing through the game. Brought a huge smile to my face :)

What's the deal with throwing knives? I did it once as soon as I got the perk by clicking R3. Now all he does is swing it.

Like grenades, you have to have them to throw them.

Big_Al

Unconfirmed Member
So have I missed the news or have people not found out what the bonus modes are yet after getting the enigma codes ? I may just have missed it but if not then that's good going since this sort of stuff tends to get found out even before release :p

Stealth is easy...on every difficulty. I think it's completely broken :/

As if stealth isn't "broken" in every game ever made. AI is, and always will be, way too bad for stealth to work in a game. As long as it's not annoying it's fine with me, and it's definitely not annoying in this game. No super sight AI or anything stupid like that. I'd rather them be near blind and deaf than having Superman sight and hearing.

Realyn

Yeah definitely not right...I have 50mb download speed so something was off. Restarted my PS4 and now I've got 15 minutes left!

HYPE!

I hate to be that guy but this could mean both 50 mb/s and 5 mb/s. I'll take a guess here and say that you have "DSL 50k" which means 5 mb/s. That would fit your 15 minutes remaining.

It's just a tad annoying to figure out what people are saying from time to time. //smartass off, sorry ;).

Ach Mein Gott...
iNWCrQpCiPzb.gif

Snap out of it!
iAulQi8ZO7CZY.gif

Remove all the helmets! Give me dat armour!
ibsDDQrKo7PloZ.gif

I like that the knife throws have a bit more to them than the automatic ones in Far Cry 3. Have to be pretty far away, and right now can't do them again so it's a finite supply to have 2 at the same time.
iysy8k3difQ9V.gif

Oops
iKe6PHohx4u5X.gif

Dual wield... A little left mouse, a little right mouse, a little of both buttons just to light up the enemy at the end and really let him know who's tha boss. sogood.gif

Daximuss

Anyone else not get the 5 gig update on Xbox One?
I fully installed the game but did not see an update prompt.

Fantastic game by the way. It is very immersive and I love the soundtrack thus far (got to chapter 3).

dreamfall

Messofanego, your gifs are beautiful!

I'm loving it thus far.

Every gun feels like it has impact, and weight. And the story is really awesome thus far. The slower moments of exploration are really neat, and I like how old school it feels in armor/health pick ups.

Starbreeze, maaaan. Feels all over the place, 3 hours in I'm expecting goodness.

Timan

Developer
Those that have completed it, you able to tell me how much I have left? I'm seriously putting too much time into this game :p

I'm at
the moon base

Top Bottom