• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Wolfenstein: The New Order |OT| They put Nazis on the Moon, Scheiß auf den Mond!

Dawg

I'm rockin Death Incarnate even though it hasn't been any trouble so far. I'll save Uber for my second run.

If I die it's from going for perks, like the one where you gotta slide and shoot three dudes.

Should have gone for über right away! :p I think there's not much difference. In any case, über is easy enough for a first playthrough.

The final boss though... I think some of you will find that fight very annoying. Especially on über. It's the only part in the game where I had trouble with the difficulty. Nearly threw my DS4 at my TV :lol

Andrew.

Banned
Should have gone for über right away! :p I think there's not much difference. In any case, über is easy enough for a first playthrough.

Yeah I was considering switching since you can change it on the fly, but I wasn't sure how or if it would muck up the trophies for completion.

Yeah, I'm definitely getting The Evil Within on PS4. I hate iDTech 5.

It's probably for the best! :D That's what I'm doing.

QUOTE=Andrew.;112848670]Yeah I was considering switching since you can change it on the fly, but I wasn't sure how or if it would muck up the trophies for completion.[/QUOTE]

Guess I'll stick with it. I actually died also at the part trying to get into the turrent in the intro. Game didn't seem to register HIT SQUARE to enter.

Chitown B

I guess you don't understand DoF.

yeah, I don't at all. Except I do own a Canon 5D Mk II with a 50 1.4 lens. But not at all.

I just think it's silly to care about DoF on a gun you won't even be looking at since you're looking at the guys you are shooting. Just another way to rip on the X1.

Good everyone seems to win.

gBHPiAL.jpg

LMAOOO

Nemic77

yeah, I don't at all. Except I do own a Canon 5D Mk II with a 50 1.4 lens. But not at all.

I just think it's silly to care about DoF on a gun you won't even be looking at since you're looking at the guys you are shooting. Just another way to rip on the X1.

Lol. I thought you were joking. Wow

Gaz_RB

It has taken me a whole day to download this... It's at 98% now and I'm chomping at the bit to shoot some nazis. Luckily Transistor has been amazing so the wait hasn't been too bad.

LOL. Wow.

Pointing out a difference between two versions isn't ripping. And some people value little touches like that more than you apparently do. Who are you to accuse them of "ripping" on the X1 just for expressing those preferences?

gooface

Banned
Really enjoying this game on Uber, dying enough times that I don't feel like it's a complete cake walk like some of you think it is. The story with the newspaper clips really draws you into the atmosphere of the game. I am a history nerd and I love alternate history (even though there is science-fiction thrown in there) I love this game, performance is solid other than some minor texture pop-in when I turn super fast into new areas and one time the game slowed down to like 1-2fps a second but it snapped out of it and that only happened once to me.

Theecliff

Banned

Uh, pointing out a slight difference is ripping on the XBO?

VE3TRO

Formerly Gizmowned
WTF is the game censored in the UK? I remember seeing trailers and a preview walkthrough from a few months ago where you can blast enemies apart with the shotgun and grenades.

I'm in the same area now and just point blanked some Nazis and not one had limbs come off their bodies stayed intact. :\

ibqFgYxQgI3hRz.gif

This isn't happening for me.

KorrZ

WTF is the game censored in the UK? I remember seeing trailers and a preview walkthrough from a few months ago where you can blast enemies apart with the shotgun and grenades.

I'm in the same area now and just point blanked some Nazis and not one had limbs come off their bodies stayed intact. :\

Not sure about the censoring but I do know that there is a perk that increases the chances of getting dismemberment.

ttocs

ibqFgYxQgI3hRz.gif

The US version has limbs blowing off - that's for sure. I was pleasantly surprised to see that last night.

FlyinJ

Douchebag. Yes, me.
Is there any chance of them fixing the sound mix?

I love the game, but my god is the sound awful. How could they have not noticed that you can't hear 90% of the the dialog when playing?

Karak

Is there any chance of them fixing the sound mix?

I love the game, but my god is the sound awful. How could they have not noticed that you can't hear 90% of the the dialog when playing?

Ya for the most part they REALLY crunched the mixing into a very thin audio zone leaving shit falling over itself at random times. And no I don't think I have ever heard of anyone fixing that in a game regardless of how often it happens.

Beefy

Limbs blow off on the UK version too, had a lot of heads fly off to. I have just completed it and have to say it is a great game. I brought Wolfenstein without really knowing much about it and loved every second of it. The story is strong enough I didn't get bored and skip any cutscenes.

The game basically blows everything that COD has done out of the water. Probably one of my fave shooters of all time.

Dice

Pokémon Parentage Conspiracy Theorist
I wish this game had a "kill the fucking nazis" mode. 999 seems like it'd be pretty close, but it'll still be short bits of action between story-as-loading-screens. Just throw me in a huge complex with a fuckton of nazis, man. Gimme dat quick play if you aren't going to have multiplayer, you know? It's kind of like all the travel bullshit in Rage. The gunplay is too good to let all that get in the way and then only pay off with like 20 guys in the whole area. I mean I could go play Serious Sam or something but the gameplay is basic as hell compared to this. That's part of why people play multi, you know, because the interesting action keeps going. Grab packs on the go while you keep on fighting and fighting, dozens of engagements an hour. I think I'm gonna nab Shadow Warrior before this humble sale ends and see if that does better.

I wish this game had a "kill the fucking nazis" mode. 999 seems like it'd be pretty close, but it'll still be short bits of action between story-as-loading-screens. Just throw me in a huge complex with a fuckton of nazis, man. Gimme dat quick play if you aren't going to have multiplayer, you know? It's kind of like all the travel bullshit in Rage. The gunplay is too good to let all that get in the way and then only pay off with like 20 guys in the whole area. I mean I could go play Serious Sam or something but the gameplay is basic as hell compared to this. That's part of why people play multi, you know, because the interesting action keeps going. Grab packs on the go while you keep on fighting and fighting, dozens of engagements an hour. I think I'm gonna nab Shadow Warrior before this humble sale ends and see if that does better.

Haven't even played it yet, but an arena/survival type mode would be really cool.

dawid

Anyone playing with a 360/DS-controller on PC? Is it a viable option?

CS:GO have ruined my ability to play a relaxing adventure-FPS with mouse and keyboard. It feels a little dirty to play an FPS on a PC with a controller, but Wolfenstein seems like a nice couch-experience at the same time.

Karak

CS:GO have ruined my ability to play a relaxing adventure-FPS with mouse and keyboard. It feels a little dirty to play an FPS on a PC with a controller, but Wolfenstein seems like a nice couch-experience at the same time.

Second play-through was with that. Totally viable.

scitek

I'm playing with a Dualshock 4 and it's fine.

Facism

Fredrik Thordendal's (of Meshuggah) contribution to the Wolfenstein TNO OST - Herr Faust

Not played the game so not sure of the context, if it is part of an intro to a character, set piece or just some stand alone thing in the end credits

i need to know where this in the game so it can be my favourite part of it :3

Got this for the PC. Up to Chapter 13. Loving the freaking hell out of this game. Combat is fun, storyline is interesting and the characters are likeable.

No performance issues here:

1920x1080 w/Max settings

Win 7-64 bit
Core i7-4770K
16GB RAM
GTX 670

Marcel

Just finished the game on PS4 (rental and considering the length I don't really feel bad about that). It's technically solid as a shooter just like Rage was. But also like Rage some of the story elements are puzzling and sometimes outright dumb. It's nice that the characters are more "human" than in most shooters but they still fall into the same tired tropes.
Also the Jewish technology-Assassin's Creed shit made go "wat" but ultimately feels forced. It's a wasted plot that the game moves away from immediately.
Would have loved to see more of the culture of the alternate history but this is Id so I shouldn't expect much I guess.

The map design and structure takes a turn for the ugly and frustrating about halfway through
the bridge map stands out as one of the weakest
. It's still better than that other Wolfenstein remake so I can't complain too much about this.

Overall, I came away feeling okay about the game. It's sort of an empty experience if you look at the full package but if you just want a more foundational shooter with solid gunplay, you'll get what you want. I didn't pay $59.99 for it so my opinion may be soft.

No Mecha-Hitler is some bullshit

Honestly, am I the only one that thinks that Uber isn't that hard? I feel like I'm usually more fucked in Hard Difficulty of Bioshock Infinite than Uber. But it's not too easy either, so I'm happy about that.

Honestly, am I the only one that thinks that Uber isn't that hard? I feel like I'm usually more fucked in Hard Difficulty of Bioshock Infinite than Uber. But it's not too easy either, so I'm happy about that.

Uber is really easy. Yes.

Partly due to how overpowered the stealth pistol and stealth is in the game.

Dawg

Yeah I was considering switching since you can change it on the fly, but I wasn't sure how or if it would muck up the trophies for completion.

I've heard you can change the difficulty in the final chapter to über and then get the trophy for completing the game on über. Haven't tried it though.

Marcel

I finished the game on Uber and I'm not great at shooters so yeah, it's probably not that hard.

Dr Dogg

What's this? A shooter that doesn't penalise you for hipfiring, has a great sense of movement and speed as well as dual wielding fricking assault rifles? Say it ain't so!

What's this? A shooter that doesn't penalise you for hipfiring, has a great sense of movement and speed as well as dual wielding fricking assault rifles? Say it ain't so!

Yup

I've pretty much "hip-fired" 95 percent of the time. Fuck ADS and I hate how it became the standard.

Top Bottom