• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Wolfenstein: The New Order |OT| They put Nazis on the Moon, Scheiß auf den Mond!

Mask

I think I'd rather see Machine Games put their skills to a brand new IP. The storytelling and writing in this game is pretty good for what it is (Nazi-killing gore fest), and the gunplay is impeccable. So, putting that to a new series of their own where maybe they could develop a story that would be deeper than the Wolfenstein series along with the solid mechanics would be great.

Yeah, I'd like to see something original from them too, but Zenimax owns Machinegames, and if this does decent numbers, I could see them doing a sequel.

Ideally, new ip next, Wolf sequel after.

Denzar

Hmmm, I've seen some decapitation (shot a Nazi's head to bits) but when I'm plowing my way through a bunch of Nazi's with the auto shotgun, I've never seen a limb fly...Or desintigrate or whatever.

Bought my key through Kinguin.net and I live in Belgium. Any ideas or solutions? Dawg? Zelfde probleem?

Unmoses

Um, wasn't the actual original Wolfenstein a stealth game?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Castle_Wolfenstein

People forget 3d Wolfenstein wasn't the first. In fact, this is my first 3d Wolfenstein but it's not my first Wolfenstein game ;) (I didn't get to play it much, it was at a friend's house and I got so addicted I ended up playing the game rather than playing with her).

Of course Wolfenstein to 3D Wolfenstein is kinda like Fallout 1/2 to Fallout 3/Vegas ;).

I used to walk right by their office in downtown Baltimore many moons ago.. mmm silas warner- forgot about him til I looked up the original wolfenstein-- I remember robotwar too!

and now I feel old

Jito

Banned
Up to chapter 9 now and still waiting for the shitness to kick in. In fact where did Perfect Dark get off too? Busy on that second playthrough he said he wasn't doing I suppose.

IISANDERII

just finished the XBone version and started on the ps4 version ,one thing i did notice was the lack of a subtle depth of field effect on the gun on XBone other than that they seem identical.
(off screen but i think it ilustrates the point )

Jn946kGl.jpg

XBone

sYdPY2Kl.jpg

PS4
Nicely done.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Hmmm, I've seen some decapitation (shot a Nazi's head to bits) but when I'm plowing my way through a bunch of Nazi's with the auto shotgun, I've never seen a limb fly...Or desintigrate or whatever.

Bought my key through Kinguin.net and I live in Belgium. Any ideas or solutions? Dawg? Zelfde probleem?

What sub does your account history page say you activated?

Um, wasn't the actual original Wolfenstein a stealth game?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Castle_Wolfenstein

People forget 3d Wolfenstein wasn't the first. In fact, this is my first 3d Wolfenstein but it's not my first Wolfenstein game ;) (I didn't get to play it much, it was at a friend's house and I got so addicted I ended up playing the game rather than playing with her).

Of course Wolfenstein to 3D Wolfenstein is kinda like Fallout 1/2 to Fallout 3/Vegas ;).

I actually forgot about Castle Wolfenstein :p

KJRage

Just got the game and am ready to play! I just have one question though. Sorry if it has already been answered, but I have read people were farming the perks and stuff in the first chapter. Are they simply restarting it after beating it? Is there a certain area? I wanted to go ahead and trying to do this as early as possible. Thanks!

Andrew.

Banned
Just got the game and am ready to play! I just have one question though. Sorry if it has already been answered, but I have read people were farming the perks and stuff in the first chapter. Are they simply restarting it after beating it? Is there a certain area? I wanted to go ahead and trying to do this as early as possible. Thanks!

You can either restart checkpoints or die purposely. All of your info on kills etc. saves constantly. You can pretty much do it anywhere that is convienient for you.

For example. Spoilers Chapter 1 -
I farmed out about three perks killing the solo Commander over and over that you run into at the beginning of the compound (lower level). Kill. Restart checkpoint. Kill again. Etc

Papercuts

fired zero bullets in the orphanage.
Holy hell this game is a blast. It's also fairly depressing to think about other FPS campaigns...using a map, scouting collectibles, laughing at cover as your run around dual wielding gibbing everything in sight. What has this stuff been.

How does the X1 version compare to the PS4 version? What is the Resolution and Framerate for both of these games?

1080/60. X1 version is perfectly fine.

KorrZ

Damn, I can tell that COD/other generic military shooters have totally ruined me for this game.

I'm dying quite a bit on Death Incarnate difficulty :'(

Holy hell this game is a blast. It's also fairly depressing to think about other FPS campaigns...using a map, scouting collectibles, laughing at cover as your run around dual wielding gibbing everything in sight. What has this stuff been.

1080/60. X1 version is perfectly fine.

The X1 runs at 1080P/60fps as well? I might have to pick this up on the Xbox one and save watchdogs for my PS4.

Caio

I believe this game looks and perform almost the same on PS4 and XBone, but in the end it is not a demanding game. So, it is a blast to play ? Some reviews say it's great, other say it's just average.

RoboPlato

I'd be in the dick
I believe this game looks and perform almost the same on PS4 and XBone, but in the end it is not a demanding game. So, it is a blast to play ? Some reviews say it's great, other say it's just average.
I'm about halfway through and I fucking love it. Gameplay is excellent and the story is quite good.

Dawg

Pretty cool detail: by now, most of you know you can collect nazi helmets for armor...

...but did you also know you can shoot a dead nazi in the head so his helm falls off? And then you can collect it.

Pretty neat.

d0nnie

Banned
How does the X1 version compare to the PS4 version? What is the Resolution and Framerate for both of these games?

This is what I'm waiting for....impressions/reviews/comparions of Wolfenstein XBO vs. PS4. I like to get my money's worth, so I'll get the best one for my money.

It appears like the PS4 version has an edge on textures from what I've gathered so far....

Damn this thread is killing my self esteem, so many people saying Uber isn't very hard. I play a lot of shooters and I'm still finding the medium difficulty challenging.

Reality check I suppose.

Did anybody else get serious slowdown in that first intro level? There was one point where it was in single digits easily.

Its the only time I've really felt the framerate drop, though the game doesn't have that solid 60fps ultra smoothness either.

Did anybody else get serious slowdown in that first intro level? There was one point where it was in single digits easily.

Its the only time I've really felt the framerate drop, though the game doesn't have that solid 60fps ultra smoothness either.

Nothing here on PS4, it was buttery smooth. What platform did you see that, PC?

Ragnarok

Damn this thread is killing my self esteem, so many people saying Uber isn't very hard. I play a lot of shooters and I'm still finding the medium difficulty challenging.

Reality check I suppose.

I find that if you go in blazing all the time and forget about stealth, it raises the difficulty quite a bit.

Nothing here on PS4, it was buttery smooth. What platform did you see that, PC?
PS4, in the very first
trench where you see the full mass of that giant walker doom robot thing.

The game was already fully installed too so that wasn't it. Everything slowed down to a choppy chug for 5-8 seconds before clearing up.

To be clear though I'm in the third or fourth mission now and haven't felt any slowdown outside of that one time, but it was impossible to miss.

Reality check I suppose.

To be fair, I'm playing on PC so that might have something to do with finding the game not as punishing because of mouse/kb. As long as you're having fun and finding it a good challenge, doesn't matter what difficulty. No hardcore e-peen badge needed around these parts ;)

To be fair, I'm playing on PC so that might have something to do with finding the game not as punishing because of mouse/kb. As long as you're having fun and finding it a good challenge, doesn't matter what difficulty. No hardcore e-peen badge needed around these parts ;)

I'd definitely recommend Uber to anyone playing on PC. I'm playing on PS4, and I don't rock a pad as well as many, so I'm playing on hard which is giving me the right amount of difficulty I'm looking for.

usctrojan

Just started and everytime I try a stealth take down I just swipe over their head and they turn around. Should I be aiming lower than the head?

Top Bottom