• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Wolfenstein: The New Order |OT| They put Nazis on the Moon, Scheiß auf den Mond!

To be fair, I'm playing on PC so that might have something to do with finding the game not as punishing because of mouse/kb. As long as you're having fun and finding it a good challenge, doesn't matter what difficulty. No hardcore e-peen badge needed around these parts ;)

Yeah it's kicking my ass on PS4.

M.Steiner

Just started and everytime I try a stealth take down I just swipe over their head and they turn around. Should I be aiming lower than the head?
You should be hitting R3, even if you're holding the knife (^__-)
Make sure you're close enough for the takedown button promt to appear too.

As for me: The pop-in was annoying me at first, my audio sometimes decides to go out of sync with the dialogue and I've been finding the hard difficulty on PC a little too easy (I should have started on Uber) but other than that I'm really enjoying the game so far. Trying to play as much of it stealthed as I can which has been rather satisfying.

Arkanius

Performance report:

AMD 280X 3GB
8GB of DDR3 RAM
i5 3570k

Vsync on
16 ppf
Ultra settings.
Shadow Resolution: 4096
Screenspace reflections: Off

Stable 60 FPS at all times. I had to turn Vsync on because the tearing was unberable despite always having 60 fps. I seem to have no Mouse lag at all (when ingame) so I'm leaving it.

Do we have a sure way to FORCE 16xAF? Even through loadings?

DukeBobby

Remember the guy who said this was as bad as Duke Nukem Forever and Aliens: Colonial Marines?

I don't think I've seen him in this thread lately.

Fredrik Thordendal's (of Meshuggah) contribution to the Wolfenstein TNO OST - Herr Faust

Not played the game so not sure of the context, if it is part of an intro to a character, set piece or just some stand alone thing in the end credits

Whoah, that's a goddamn awesome track. When does this come up?!

Good everyone seems to win.

gBHPiAL.jpg

bahahaha gotta collect em all

Oh man must've missed that post. Damn.

Yeah... I don't know what that guy was smoking. Guess we all need some. Granted to each their own but damn.... that's pretty low and I enjoyed Duke and Aliens for the crap they are, but yeah not even CLOSE. NOT EVEN ANYWHERE NEAR CLOSE.

Dice

Pokémon Parentage Conspiracy Theorist
Re: Modes

Back in my day we called Infinite Ammo and high health "Cheats"
And we called turning the HUD off "Options"
And we called making it harder by modifying health packs and/or continues "Difficulty level"

Some real fancy modes you got there.

Will play 999, though, just to have an acceptable amount of action and threat to justify non-stealth gameplay.

Andrew.

Banned
Yeah... I don't know what that guy was smoking. Guess we all need some. Granted to each their own but damn.... that's pretty low and I enjoyed Duke and Aliens for the crap they are, but yeah not even CLOSE. NOT EVEN ANYWHERE NEAR CLOSE.

You changed your avatar! HYPE!

Dawg

I actually really wanted to comment on those negative opinions several days ago, but I couldn't because of NDA. I did drop some subtle hints every now and then :p

You changed your avatar! HYPE!

LOL It's my most awaited game of the entire year. I had to. I pray I get a review copy, if not I'm gonna cry...(not really) but I'll send my box head after them! lol

uMybWb1l.jpg

Wolfenstein is amazing though. I love that there is no health regen. They kept this game to it's roots but also added to it. Freaking awesome. I can't wait to play more. I might go back and replay the 2009 version. Never finished it. :D

Shady859

This is one of those rare games that for some reason make me physically ill. The last to do this was DayZ... CoD, BF etc etc don't bother me at all. Two different times now and same results last night and today. No idea why, DayZ I made better with FOV and head bob options.

Playing this on PS4. :(

RoboPlato

I'd be in the dick
This is one of those rare games that for some reason make me physically ill. The last to do this was DayZ... CoD, BF etc etc don't bother me at all. Two different times now and same results last night and today. No idea why, DayZ I made better with FOV and head bob options.

Playing this on PS4. :(
That happened to me at the very beginning. About halfway through the prologue it cleared up.

AHA-Lambda

Half way through now and I'm really enjoying it so far.

Gunplay is great, and there is a great amount of variety in the levels so far, no fatigue has set in from repetitiveness which I feared.

I've only got 2 complaints:
1) BJ's serious gruff inner monologue voice is awful, just plain awful.
2) the hideout "missions" are a bloody joke and a waste of time, don't seem to do anything but pad things out.

Gaz_RB

This game is fucking glorious. That's like the only word I can think of to describe it. Only about 2 hours in though, so hopefully it continues to hold up.

JLeack

Banned
Remember the guy who said this was as bad as Duke Nukem Forever and Aliens: Colonial Marines?

Seriously, man. When I read that I had to re-read it a couple times. He acted like this game was going to get a 4/10 Metascore.

Considering at the time I didn't know anyone else with the game I felt like maybe I was enjoying something that was trash. That would've been weird.

Also, IIRC he said the game looked and performed poorly. Lol.

Re: Modes

Back in my day we called Infinite Ammo and high health "Cheats"
And we called turning the HUD off "Options"
And we called making it harder by modifying health packs and/or continues "Difficulty level"

Some real fancy modes you got there.
All I want is a mode where ammo and armor and even health pickups are automatic (just not overloads). That one change would make the game twice as enjoyable, just like that.

Xander51

The sound mix in this seems totally okay over DTS on a PS4. I wonder if the sound issues are only affecting uncompressed audio?

Playing this brings me back to Rage, in the best of ways. The gameplay is fantastic and the framerate is 100 percent solid.

The sound mix in this seems totally okay over DTS on a PS4. I wonder if the sound issues are only affecting uncompressed audio?

Playing this brings me back to Rage, in the best of ways. The gameplay is fantastic and the framerate is 100 percent solid.

At least WOLF doesn't break the damn aiming reticule like in RAGE when you raised the difficulty.

STUPIDEST DESIGN CHOICE EVER.

Shady859

That happened to me at the very beginning. About halfway through the prologue it cleared up.

Glad yours cleared up hope I have same luck. I will keep chugging along. I'm just past the incinerator room scene early early on and like I said physically had to stop twice already. Felt like I was going to be sick.

Edit: fired it back up for 3rd try. I guess I was still in prologue as well. ;)

Andrew.

Banned
At least WOLF doesn't break the damn aiming reticule like in RAGE when you raised the difficulty.

STUPIDEST DESIGN CHOICE EVER.

What do you mean? Was that a PC thing?

Wingsticks all the way!

That'd be cool if there was a Wingstick equivalent in Wolf. I havent thrown a knife at anyone yet so I cant compare the satisfaction.

What do you mean? Was that a PC thing?

Wingsticks all the way!

That'd be cool if there was a Wingstick equivalent in Wolf. I havent thrown a knife at anyone yet so I cant compare the satisfaction.

Basically in the console versions (don't remember on PC), the higher your difficulty, the bigger/more inaccurate your aiming reticule was (The double-barrel became especially useless). This basically forced you to use ADS almost exclusively, which undermined the run n' gun philosophy the game had.

DragonNC

I'm here dude & still thinking this game was rushed out.Game starts good but after chapter 3 goes downhill all the whey till the end.
In my book this game is no more then 6/10.

Top Bottom