• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Wolfenstein: The New Order |OT| They put Nazis on the Moon, Scheiß auf den Mond!

MattyG

Banned
So someone tell me this, seeing as how I just had it spoiled for me. WYATT TIMELINE SPOILER
Is it explicitly stated that this J character is Jimmy Hendrix? Or is it just kind of done in a wink and nod "leave it up to your imagination" way? I played the Fergus timeline first and I kind of wishing I hadn't, that would've been a cool surprise.

DukeBobby

Checking out some playthroughs on Youtube, and so many people are using one weapon and aiming down the sights.

Where's the fun in that?

As soon as I pick up that second gun, I'm dual wielding those bitches.

You're going to spend a lot of time scavenging for ammo because dual wielding can use up your supply real quick.

Or maybe I just suck. Which means I should play more. Which means this workday should end quicker.

ChawlieTheFair

pip pip cheerio you slags!
Checking out some playthroughs on Youtube, and so many people are using one weapon and aiming down the sights.

Where's the fun in that?

I find it more more fun to use 1 :p
But yeah, i'm only ADS when enemies are super far away.

.....I just hit a glitch.

All my saved data was erased. My chapters are still there, but now I have to go all they way through chapter 16 again.....At least it didn't erase everything. :(

Seik

Banned
I'm looking at a friend playing from the beginning at the moment, game looks real fun and it looks way better than I expected, too.

Are those cutscenes in-game or pre-rendered?

nded

Started a new game for the
Fergus timeline
, and I just noticed the screen flashes "GET PSYCHED" for a split second before the first cutscene plays. Must have missed it the first time.

Before I ask the question my pc specs are:

Intel Core I7 2600
8 GB RAM
Nvidia GTX 670
SSD
Win 7

Based on the specs above would I get a better experience on PC (keep in mind I hate fluctuating FPS, and want the highest possible settings), or PS4?

PC. As always, best to search for your graphics card on youtube and the game and this is what I got which seems like 60fps (can't tell with youtube but can always ask user):

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zQoUvjjM7KA

usctrojan

AgentOtaku and MSteiner, thanks for your help on my takedown issue.

Loving the game so far. I've been craving something like this for a long long time.

Proc

I went PS4. Buying a pc copy seems a little too risky for me. I'm sure I'll love it but I like the idea of being able to sell it if it comes up short for me. I'm super excited to play a good Wolfenstein game. Even the old cashier at the retailer I went to pined over the nostalgic title.

Seik

Banned
Counter-argument: It's a video game.
The previous games made sure to stay far away from depicting actual war crimes, let alone this kind of gore.

True, though we're now in 2014 and people, especially with the FPS genre, are hungry for gore and brutally gross ways of seeing people being killed.

With all the movies and documentary I saw about the Nazis, I gotta say that it was a perfect opportunity to do it as well, they killed people in the most horrific ways one couldn't even think about.

It has me thinking about how shitty the world could have gone if they really would have won the war, holy shit.
Less killer robots, though.

The transition from cutscene to gameplay is pretty jarring at times.

Yeah, that's why I asked if it was acutal in-game or pre-rendered earlier on this page. The transition is very obvious, so I wondered about that.

MattyG

Banned
I'm streaming my second playthrough on Uber difficulty right now. Don't know how long I'll play tonight, but I figured if any of you on the fence about getting this wanted to watch, I'd post a link. (It's just raw gameplay, no commentary).http://www.twitch.tv/mattygreg

We're allowed to post links to our twitch streams, right? I've never done it before, and I wasn't sure if there was a rule against it. If there is I'll edit this post.

Andrew.

Banned
Chapter 3 when you lift the gate for the truck: how do you get that one collectible on the second level of the power station? On the map screen it's section would be in the upper right corner with a 2 in its upper left corner. I can't for the life if me figure out how to get to that section.

Edit: nevermind!

ChawlieTheFair

pip pip cheerio you slags!
Started a new game for the
Fergus timeline
, and I just noticed the screen flashes "GET PSYCHED" for a split second before the first cutscene plays. Must have missed it the first time.

Yeah, "Get Psyched" is a thing from previous wolfensteins.

luka

Loves Robotech S1
Yeah, that's why I asked if it was acutal in-game or pre-rendered earlier on this page. The transition is very obvious, so I wondered about that.

They're pre-rendered. If you go into the data folder you can find the bink files for every cutscene.
At least the resolution and bitrate is high enough that it's hard to tell - it could be worse! *cough*
wolfenstein 2009
*cough*

I'm streaming my second playthrough on Uber difficulty right now. Don't know how long I'll play tonight, but I figured if any of you on the fence about getting this wanted to watch, I'd post a link. (It's just raw gameplay, no commentary).http://www.twitch.tv/mattygreg

We're allowed to post links to our twitch streams, right? I've never done it before, and I wasn't sure if there was a rule against it. If there is I'll edit this post.

Great stuff, liking how you play. Leaning and turret, hadn't thought of that ;)

Time to enter Berlin.
ArnoldSchwarzenegger-Commando.gif

I feel like this playing New Order
tumblr_n03lnksnXb1rqd0kpo1_400.gif

CHC

Really enjoying this so far - the pacing is great, I'm currently in
the labor camp and just killed the torturer guy
. I'm happy to see that this recent wave of more "intelligent" first person games is well received (Deus Ex: Human Revolution, Dishonored, Bioshock to some degree), it's a classic format that was kind of unrepresented early last gen.

My only gripe is that I don't really feel like I know "how to play" this game. It seems like when I rush enemies it doens't always work well, but when I hang back in cover, I'm also punished. I'm kind of in two minds about whether it's supposed to be more tactical or more over-the-top. I guess people play both but I haven't really decided how to do it yet...

As an aside I also really hope this is the last we see of idTech 5. It's staggeringly bad in terms of HDD space AND image quality (enough has been said about the textures), and whatever you gain in performance is negligible. If this had even been UE3 I guarantee it would have run just as well and could have looked 10x crisper.

Top Bottom