• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Women's March on Washington calls for General Women's Strike on March 8

Status
Not open for further replies.
Unfortunately, none of the women I work with took off and neither did my wife. Then again she once performed surgery with our son strapped to her back. So she enjoys work, a strike doesn't appeal to her. I always either make dinner or clean up but I'll do both tonight as a show of respect.

Edit: My wife is also due to deliver our daughter any day now. I was kinda hoping it would happen today for the awesome symbolism, but I don't think it's going to happen :-(

pashmilla

Banned
Unfortunately, none of the women I work with took off and neither did my wife. Then again she once performed surgery with our son strapped to her back. So she enjoys work, a strike doesn't appeal to her. I always either make dinner or clean up but I'll do both tonight as a show of respect.

Edit: My wife is also due to deliver our daughter any day now. I was kinda hoping it would happen today for the awesome symbolism, but I don't think it's going to happen :-(

Your wife is a badass, holy shit.

jwk94

After reading the bit about your son, I thought your wife was gonna deliver your daughter herself.

WedgeX

Banned
The Women's March just announced that the Democratic Women in Congress are planning to walkout at noon.

https://www.facebook.com/events/386548485037651/

ddDBCS8.jpg

rjinaz

A few gals where my wife works took the day off, so my wife is helping cover for them and I am going in tonight to help in the kitchen for dinner and cleanup. Nice of them to leave an already short handed nursing home in worse shape than usual.

Plus side, money in our pockets I guess?

I feel like work places like that, where you are caring for other people and they are depending on you, should be an exception to this.

I feel like work places like that, where you are caring for other people and they are depending on you, should be an exception to this.

For the most part they are, at least in Britain. Nurses will never strike because of their commitment to patients. Not that I am against strikes - I think they are a valuable right in a democratic society.

WedgeX

Banned
The Democratic Congresswomen are currently speaking on the steps of the Capitol. Can't find a livestream while I'm on mobile though.

My wife is home right now because of this.

Unfortunately I don't have any red work clothes, but I'm very proud of her.

None of the women where I work are refusing to work today, but it's a 911 call center, so... I don't think it reflects badly on anyone.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom