• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Women's March on Washington |OT| An intersectional march for all in 600+ cities

Status
Not open for further replies.

GK86

Homeland Security Fail
My new favorite sign. From NYC:

gdWADtw.jpg

Wag

Trump is very pro Israel, so no, she is pretty involved with her homeland, believes in it a lot which is her right, so I wouldn't expect her there.

Trump's "pro-Israel" stance doesn't mean shit. He's only pro-Israel for the support of Christian Zionists. A loathsome bunch who don't give a shit about the Jews.

Most Israeli's are politically moderate/liberal and don't support building new housing which displaces Palestinians.

RCSI

The turnout is amazing. It's sad we need to do so, but positive that we can show so much support for fellow people's before a dire time.

Boke1879

Gonna state the obvious but dems need to harness this. This has the potential to turn into a movement and eclipse anything the tea party ever did.

Stay engaged with the young people.

This is beautiful.

It's days like this one that reminds me why we value the democratic values of free speech and free thought so much.

Osahi

After shaking my head in utter disbelief yesterday, this is so uplifting and inspiring.

Imagining Agent Oranges ego getting hurt seeing there are way more people who want to get out to protest his shit policies then there were to see him inaugurated... that alone makes me happy. (And yes, I'm sure he knows. Dudes an egomaniac. Even if his aids try to shield him from this reality, he will find out soon enough. I'm sure hashtag Trump is the first thing he clicks on when opening Twitter)

Volimar

It's simply beautiful. A peaceful movement against hate with so much positivity. I'm half expecting the Statue of Liberty to start marching.

This is amazing. It gives me hope that people will rise up in their millions to defy whatever fascist policies Trump attempts to impose.

There's a lot of good people out there.

I get her message, but this country should prioritize all minority issues, not just women.
These go together. Better women's right means better and affordable healthcare, better workplace regulations, equal pay, etc. Those will help minorities, since they suffer more with those things right now also.

It's disappointing that this will all fall on deaf ears. Trump doesn't give a shit what we think. I'm inspired by this but it's hard to not be pessimistic with this shit stain in power.

Meowster

I get her message, but this country should prioritize all minority issues, not just women.
The one here has Black Lives Matter, a Muslim speaker, a Rabbi, an LGBT activist, gun violence, and cops speaking. It's pretty diverse. Probably ten times more of a better experience than I would have gotten if I watched the inauguration.

Volimar

It's disappointing that this will all fall on deaf ears. Trump doesn't give a shit what we think. I'm inspired by this but it's hard to not be pessimistic with this shit stain in power.

It's mostly not for Trump but for the world. We're not Trump; he's not America.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom