• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Women's March on Washington |OT| An intersectional march for all in 600+ cities

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's disappointing that this will all fall on deaf ears. Trump doesn't give a shit what we think. I'm inspired by this but it's hard to not be pessimistic with this shit stain in power.
But has it? They might not hear, but millions of others have. The world has heard and it has answered with one of the biggest protests in history. All this started from a group in Hawaii.

If they won't change then we will do the change for them.

_Ryo_

Cant make it to #WomensMarch where I am right now, and I can't find any pics either but I know they're having one...

Ms.Galaxy

I get her message, but this country should prioritize all minority issues, not just women.

We do, but all minorities share different experiences, issues, and types of oppression. As such we split into different organizations and protests that are made to have a more focused scope on the issues different minorities face. Yes, the end goal is the same, but if we try to solve bring up all the issues every minority and women face into one package, it gets really messy as to what needs to be done and how.

MechDX

Searching Twitter some of these signs are damn good!

C2tjfP1VIAAplZR.jpg:large

C2tjm7GWIAIyMW9.jpg:large

C2tjfqlWQAQk1GO.jpg:large

C2tjiVcUoAE7lak.jpg:large

BFIB

Just got back from marching with the wife in St. Louis. I hope this fire stays lit, THIS is how you get under Trumps skin. The turnout in DC today compared to yesterday has to be eating him alive. I want him to tweet about this in the worst way.

It's not even that he respects Putin. He's desparate to have Putin respect him.

It's almost like there conspiring or something, hint, hint, hint.

Yeah, Trump has a huge love affair for Putin. We all knew this for a long while. That Trump and Putin artwork of them is kissing is probably not that far off.

Temascos

Neo Member
Not able to watch the streams live, are there videos up on Youtube? These speeches sound great!

At the London rally the beginning of it we could barely hear the speakers due to microphone issues which was a shame, some of the people up on the stage looked pretty young.

Osahi

Don't think this is what Trump had in mind when he said power was going back to the people.

Please America, keep this fight up.

Over 150,000 marching here in Chicago.

All trains delayed, some metras suspended, ubers are ridiculously expensive, and the numbers wont stop growing.

Im proud as fuck to call this city my home. ✊🏻

Wag

lol. Trump is an old man though, he ain't young. Explains why he's so out of touch. Populist movement, no, this is a populist movement that expands the globe.

Trump isn't that old. It's more a class issue than an age issue.

stupei

Just walked by a Duane Reade near the start of the NYC march and the entire floor space along the sides was taken up with people making more signs.

Wag

Maybe? Some of these people could also be people who can't vote because they aren't registered or are immigrants.

All of them? In every march all over the US? That can't be true. If they were unregistered that could be easily fixed, and I can't believe that illegals are the majority of the protesters.

xxracerxx

Don't worry, I'll vouch for them.
All of them? In every march all over the US? That can't be true. If they were unregistered that could be easily fixed, and I can't believe that illegals are the majority of the protesters.

Majority? No. Part of the protests, yes.

SDBurton

World's #1 Cosmonaut Enthusiast
Still mystifies me how Trump won. Didn't these people vote?

Remember, Hillary won the popular vote by 3+ million. This is not a matter of people not voting, it's the matter of using an archaic system that should have been tossed aside long ago as our nation is very different from what it was back then.

65,845,063 people voted for Clinton. These protests, while huge, are all in all maybe 2 million across the country? You can't really make a claim that these people didn't vote.

The important thing is that the people marching now will inspire and move Americans to vote next time, to get involved in larger numbers and not give up.

Edit: undocumented immigrants on stage now. They can't vote.

Have a friend that works at Planned Parenthood so shits going to get scary once Trump stops federal funds..

Add that to the fact my state has just one clinic that can perform abortions and the state politicians have trying for years to get rid of it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom