• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Women's March on Washington |OT| An intersectional march for all in 600+ cities

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ithil

124557.gif

Wag

The important thing is that the people marching now will inspire and move Americans to vote next time, to get involved in larger numbers and not give up.

I'd like to think so but I'm a bit pessimistic on this topic. I tend to think Americans are fickle and self-involved, something else will come along in a few days and they'll forget.

It really depends on what happens in the next few years.

rjinaz

Still mystifies me how Trump won. Didn't these people vote?

Trump won because of people like my Brother who told me "oh so now they are protesting because they didn't get their way, crybabies".

They don't care, they don't want to care. They just know they are White, I mean right. There are millions of my Brother who don't really care for politics but is tired of all the complaining enough to shit on others.

The people in the streets only represent a small percentage of people that actually voted even though it does seem like a lot.

Biske

Gonna state the obvious but dems need to harness this. This has the potential to turn into a movement and eclipse anything the tea party ever did.

Stay engaged with the young people.

I'm pretty confident that Trump is in for a shit storm of 4 years. Imagine the reactions when he really starts doing things.

Trump won because of people like my Brother who told me "oh so now they are protesting because they didn't get their way, crybabies".

They don't care, they don't want to care. They just know they are White, I mean right. There are millions of my Brother who don't really care for politics but is tired of all the complaining enough to shit on others.

The people in the streets only represent a small percentage of people that actually voted even though it does seem like a lot.
The frustrating part is that those kinds of people are the ones who are going to be whispering into Trump's ear about this

My dad listens to right wing radio, and that's how they spin this stuff. Just radical anti-science left-wingers and anarchists, liberal agenda, how long till they start burning and pillaging

With Bannon and such, that's the version Trump is going to get

Horns

The DC rally is insane. Never have seen anything like it. Blocks of shoulder to shoulder people. Saw John Kerry walking his dog too.

The Llama

Trump doesn't care but politicians up for re-election in 2018 do.
Yeah, that has to be the focus. Dems need to keep up this momentum for 2 years and get to 2018. For all the talk to gerrymandering and whatnot, let's not forget how recently the Dems held the House. It's not an impossible goal (or even just to make significant gains, if they can't take it back).

UraMallas

I couldn't go to anything but I did just cancel one of my subscription services (HULU) and put the exact amount per month in a Planned Parenthood donation. Just something to think about doing, or any women's rights organization you feel like.

This is so good to see. Uk Gaffer. Sadly can't march as I live in a rural area, but showed my support on twitter. Reading up on Obama foundation too. Feels good!

T

thepotatoman

Unconfirmed Member
Very impressed at the turnout in Denver, for being a smaller city.

C2ta_AvVIAAYx3l.jpg

I was at the Women's March in Pompton Plains, NJ. It was held across from two Christian churches. There were over 100 people (maybe over 200). There were like 20-30 Trump supporters and pro-lifers there doing a counter protest.

It was great to see so many protesting against Trump.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom