• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Women's March on Washington |OT| An intersectional march for all in 600+ cities

Status
Not open for further replies.

jfkgoblue

The usual then, I'm glad to hear your mom voted her conscience - hope it's not causing too much friction :/

My parents are conservative as well (and have some shitty ideas) so I know how you feel. I'm trying to slowly get through to them, though, which I guess is a little easier in Europe since we don't have Breitbart and Fox.

Abortion being such a wedge issue is such crap though, in general.
When someone believes that a fetus constitutes a human life there is nothing you can do to change their mind about it. They feel very strongly about as they believe that it is government sanctioned murder of an innocent. Abortion will always be a divisive issue and will maintain the GOP's power on its own.

When someone believes that a fetus constitutes a human life there is nothing you can do to change their mind about it. They feel very strongly about as they believe that it is government sanctioned murder of an innocent. Abortion will always be a divisive issue and will maintain the GOP's power on its own.

!!!!!

Nothing you can do to change their mind about it.

We need to talk to them, to change their minds.

???

Just stop, all this was about was you didn't like people saying bad things about your parents and other Trump voters. It had nothing to do with talking to them.

smokeymicpot

Beat EviLore at pool.
Protesters in the #WomensMarch greeting President Trump's motorcade back to the White House with loud chants of "not my president"

The usual then, I'm glad to hear your mom voted her conscience - hope it's not causing too much friction :/

My parents are conservative as well (and have some shitty ideas) so I know how you feel. I'm trying to slowly get through to them, though, which I guess is a little easier in Europe since we don't have Breitbart and Fox.

Abortion being such a wedge issue is such crap though, in general.
Not much. She doesn't really talk about or follow politics so that isn't much of an issue

My brother is the friction point. He's 14, and he's learning about climate change in science class, so you can imagine how that's going when he's studying at home. Thankfully, even though the "Obama was a tyrant and worst president ever" attitude is rubbing off on him, he does challenge my dad's rejection of climate change

Not sure how many people turned up in LA, but it was enough that we couldn't actually march because the streets were so full. I've heard estimates of 150,000.

Not all Trump voters feel that strongly about abortion though.

Your right, they have other non-movable issues like black people are inferior. Mexicans need to go back to Mexico. We shouldn't have the ACA, the persecution of cops has to end, etc. etc. etc.

The point is, you AREN'T going to convince them to change.

rjinaz

Protesters in the #WomensMarch greeting President Trump's motorcade back to the White House with loud chants of "not my president"

I know it's been said, but this has to be kept up. It can't be just because it's new. I want these chants cheered the half way through his term to the last day he is in office.

Piers Morgan's comebacks and retweets are pretty sad. I guess getting hate is better than obscurity for him.
People really need to stop giving him attention. While he is an utter dipshit and malicious and horrible, he doesn't have very much actual power and at the level he is at, responding to it only fuels it.

C2sQEBfW8AAl04y.jpg

C2sQEwcXUAE5P2S.jpg

C2sQFPOXAAAnO5y.jpg

https://twitter.com/DanNerdCubed/status/822769055023165440

Ahahahaha

Hahahahahhahahahahah get fucked piers you pos

jfkgoblue

Your right, they have other non-movable issues like black people are inferior. Mexicans need to go back to Mexico. We shouldn't have the ACA, the persecution of cops has to end, etc. etc. etc.
Most don't even care about that here in the Midwest. Trump promised to bring back their jobs and that's all they care about.

kevin1025

Banned
So apparently Trump was wrong (SHOCKER) about being on Time Magazine the most. Nixon was. But it's quite the reputation to live up to.

These pictures make me feel so good. At the worst of times last year it was easy to think you were alone against an onslaught of insanity. Stuff like this proves otherwise.

I'm already feeling like if 2016 was just unfathomable misery, 2017 is gonna be fighting that unfathomable misery head on.

Did he actually say that? I had no idea Pierce Morgan was that type.

Edit just checked his twitter.

Wow...I had no idea.

I'm stunned too. I used to like him when he was on CNN and pushed for gun control. His show where he brought certified nutjob (and huge Trump supporter) Alex Jones to his show to talk guns but ended up being a Jones meltdown and was legendary. I cannot believe Morgan turned out to be q trump supporter spewing out MRA talking points.

Wot, really guys? Piers Morgan has been a piece of shit pretty much all his life (just like Golden Turd) ...

Ac30

Sadly.

Not much. She doesn't really talk about or follow politics so that isn't much of an issue

My brother is the friction point. He's 14, and he's learning about climate change in science class, so you can imagine how that's going when he's studying at home. Thankfully, even though the "Obama was a tyrant and worst president ever" attitude is rubbing off on him, he does challenge my dad's rejection of climate change

I'm happy to hear he's taking that seriously, at least - if future Republicans didn't reject science wholesale maybe they wouldn't be as awful in power... Beyond the regressive social views of course.

kevin1025

Banned
According to multiple tweets, Toronto has 60,000 at their Toronto March, and I saw earlier that there's 6,000-7,000 in Ottawa! I saw earlier in this thread an incredible turnout in Vancouver, as well.

jfkgoblue

You don't think people from the midwest traveled to Chicago to protest?
Some sure, but Chicago is a very liberal city with millions of residents, this is also why liberal marches are much larger than conservative ones. Liberals live in much denser communities so it is a lot easier to organize.

I wanna point out while not as big as Chicago for obvious reason. There's been protests all over the Midwest in many cities in support for this movement.

cloudyboy

Neo Member
even the dead sea saltiness is lower than what is on streams chats, I suppose that trumps fans are dessesperatly trying ruin the mood....

Most don't even care about that here in the Midwest. Trump promised to bring back their jobs and that's all they care about.

That just isn't true man, look at the exit poll data from Pennsylvania, Wisconsin, and Michigan. Why they supported their candidate. It is immigration, they feel they should be deported. They feel that whites are being treated worse than blacks. They feel that their has been a shift and they are less-equal to women and minorities.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom