• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Women's March on Washington |OT| An intersectional march for all in 600+ cities

Status
Not open for further replies.

-Plasma Reus-

Service guarantees member status
There's a woman called Padma speaking out against trump on CNN right now.

We've done it, we've finally hit STAR WARS PREQUEL level reality.

JP_

Banned
C2sQEBfW8AAl04y.jpg

C2sQEwcXUAE5P2S.jpg

C2sQFPOXAAAnO5y.jpg

https://twitter.com/DanNerdCubed/status/822769055023165440

Ahahahaha

dblVre0_.jpg

jfkgoblue

That just isn't true man, look at the exit poll data from Pennsylvania, Wisconsin, and Michigan. Why they supported their candidate. It is immigration, they feel they should be deported. They feel that whites are being treated worse than blacks. They feel that their has been a shift and they are less-equal to women and minorities.
The typical republican voter yes. But Trump flipped many Obama voters as well.

fantomena

Conservatives and Trump supporters are mad as fuck on FB. "Why not march against Islam!?", "Soros is behind it" and the classic "FAKE NEWS!".

El Odio

Banned
Stomach issues kept me home today otherwise I'd have probably made the trip to Chicago to join in on the march. Stuck at home checking in on various livestreams though has made me incredibly hopeful for the force of progress in this country though. It's one thing to have listened to people claim that we will fight this administration these past few months but to actually see seas of people across the globe come out and show their support truly gives that feeling that we will keep hope alive no matter what.

Meowster

It's been such a horrendous two months that it felt wonderful to be around people like me and to hear such wonderful speeches from local citizens and politicians from all walks of life. One of the proudest days for my country after the most horrifying and embarrassing. Keep fighting and stay strong.

kevin1025

Banned
Guys, come on. Trump isn't insecure about his crowd size. It's not like he's got a picture ready for the 4:30 White House briefing ready to try and ---

C2uV3jPVIAErPox.jpg

Oh.

Meowster

Jealous of all the other cities that got to march though. They only gave us a small park to use but now it seems there may have been over 20K there. Would have been even bigger if we could do that too. But I'm not gonna complain, today was a great day and I'm glad I got it to share it with so many different people!

Viewt

My girlfriend and I went to the Chicago march today. Over 250,000 people! Such a rush. These ladies were awesome.

It's enough to give me some hope again. People are standing up. It's amazing.

teh_pwn

"Saturated fat causes heart disease as much as Brawndo is what plants crave."
Guys, come on. Trump isn't insecure about his crowd size. It's not like he's got a picture ready for the 4:30 White House briefing ready to try and ---

C2uV3jPVIAErPox.jpg

Oh.

So small in the background I cannot tell if it's shopped or if it's one of those shitty apartment marketing tricks where they use a fisheye lens to make the community pool look massive.

Retro

I wanna point out while not as big as Chicago for obvious reason. There's been protests all over the Midwest in many cities in support for this movement.

Yep.

So to recap there are marches in Houston, Austin Oklahoma, Boston, Norway, London, Antarctica, Portugal, North Dakota, Toronto, Ottawa, Vancouver, Paris, Seattle, Chicago, Indianapolis, Raleigh, Philadelphia, Ohio, New York, New Jersey, Wisconsin, Charlotte, Atlanta, Berlin, Munich, St Louis, Kansas City, New Orleans, Denver, and the big on in Washington DC.

I'm sure there are a bunch I left out as well, this is an amazing day for the future of mankind.

Not to mention all the little rallies that are happening; someone mentioned Fort Wayne, IN which is a (comparatively) small city in the middle of Deep Red Indiana. This stuff isn't just restricted to "butthurt liberal cities" as people (not necessarily here on GAF) want to believe.

Hell, we've had pictures in this very thread from Indianapolis, Saint Louis and Minnesota. Pretty sure there were ones from Cincinnati and Fargo too but I can't find 'em now.

teh_pwn

"Saturated fat causes heart disease as much as Brawndo is what plants crave."
I can't stop laughing.
Anyway here's a crowd.

While Nashville is a large city, it carries a lot of the culutural old South. You know Trump's approval rating will drop like a rock if Nashville is already largely protesting.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom