• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Women's March on Washington |OT| An intersectional march for all in 600+ cities

Status
Not open for further replies.

Betty

Banned
These are really hopeful pictures

I see your point to an extent, but this is an anti-Trump march to most respects. If someone is pro-life, do you think that means that they are pro-sexist?

I saw women on the conservative side during the campaign trail tell reporters that a woman shouldn't lead the country as it's not her place to do so.

And she was extremely pro-life.

DrForester

Kills Photobucket
Marika Shaub Verified account
‏@marikatogo

And if anyone wants some visual proof.

ZkfFHYi.png

vUzgxNy.png

And the crowd keeps getting bigger.
http://www.earthcam.com/usa/dc/nationalmall/?cam=nationalmall

ferr

It's more of a march against people (men especially) telling women who and what they are and what to do.

One of the biggest catalysts for this is "grab them by the pussy". If someone is pro-life and was offended by that amount of sexism, they should not be allowed to march because of their beliefs on a subject that is typically tied to their religious views?

One of the biggest catalyst is "grab them by the pussy". If someone is pro-life and was offended by that amount of sexism, they should not be allowed to march because of their beliefs on a subject that is typically tied to their religious views?
Pro-life is against woman's rights. They would be Marching against their own beliefs.

One of the biggest catalysts for this is "grab them by the pussy". If someone is pro-life and was offended by that amount of sexism, they should not be allowed to march because of their beliefs on a subject that is typically tied to their religious views?
I'm going to doubt they check everyone at the event for their specific views on abortion. But if you are there to visibly show you are against abortion, I feel it is OK to be excluded from a women's rights march.

Plus, the protest is for women's rights which includes the right the choose.

Volimar

I'm sure that they're welcome as individuals as long as they leave their pro life posters at home. This march is about rights, not restrictions.

PillarEN

Those EarthCam pics are awesome.
Is no news station covering this? Checked CNN and MSNBC
Strictly talking about TV
For me, CNN International is showing Trump at church. The BBC is showing news and part of it was some rallies. Those are the two popular 24 hour news stations that have a worldwide presence. Russia Today is not showing it right now lol. Local news stations (Czech Rep.) are going to have new footage later today so I'll see what they do.

ferr

I'm going to doubt they check everyone at the event for their specific views on abortion. But if you are there to visibly show you are against abortion, I feel it is OK to be excluded from a women's rights march.

Well I agree with that. I think I just missed the memo where it was assumed that all pro-life people come with anti-abortion signage. But yeah, anyone with signage is not there for the right reason and should be excluded.

I'm sure that they're welcome as individuals as long as they leave their pro life posters at home. This march is about rights, not restrictions.

I like the way you put this. "Rights, not restrictions". I think the easy argument would be, well isn't it her right to choose to be pro-life? But that defeats the purpose.

BajiBoxer

Banned
"Pro-life" groups are against women's rights.

You wanna let KKK attend marchs about racial equality?

Right. Also, I'd say there's usually a disconnect between what pro-life organizations promote as pro-life, hardliners banning of all abortions, and what many self described pro-life women actually believe. I garauntee there are pro life women marching, they just aren't using the march to push regressive organizations' political agendas.

MUnited83

For you.

I'm pretty sure nobody will check if they are pro-life or not if they go and march by themselves.
If they bring their shitty ass groups organized that are against women's rights and start putting up anti-women rights, they should absolutely be barred.

kaskade

This is beautiful. I live in a rural town in the US so there aren't a ton of negative trump people. Makes me so happy to see the world behind us <3

Stinkles

Clothed, sober, cooperative
Crazy how many women I've seen arriving, leaving, cycling and walking with signs, in my normally very quiet neighborhood. This day is bigger than the bad guys understand.

dan2026

I don't understand where all these people were when the orange menace was being voted into power.
Its too late demonstrating now. Trump doesn't care. He has you in the palm of his hand now.

D

Deleted member 10571

Unconfirmed Member
I don't understand where all these people were when the orange menace was being voted into power.
Its too late demonstrating now. Trump doesn't care. He has you in the palm of his hand now.
Remember what one person saying he's got small hands did to him? He does care.

BajiBoxer

Banned
I like the way you put this. "Rights, not restrictions". I think the easy argument would be, well isn't it her right to choose to be pro-life? But that defeats the purpose.
It is her right to be pro life. But pro life organizations don't promote that. It's more acurate to call them anti-choice, thqn pro-life. "Pro-life" for most of these groups is simply a clever lie for marketing purposes.

Ithil

What? I haven't heard this, care to tell me? :eek:

A journalist made fun of his little hands many years ago, like 25 or more. He said once a year, every year Trump would send him a picture of himself with arrows pointing at his fingers looking long, written in gold sharpie.

RCSI

It is her right to be pro life. But pro life organizations don't promote that. It's more acurate to call them anti-choice, thqn pro-life. "Pro-life" for most of these groups is simply a clever lie for marketing purposes.

The crazy thing is that an individual can see be pro-life for themselves without rescinding the rights of other women. The whole front of pro-life is illogical and sham (much better word for the idiocy of the "movement") from the outset.

jiiikoo

Banned
It's well known that he's insecure of his hands.

Haha. I actually had not heard of this, thanks for telling me. If he ever comes to Finland, I'll be the one with the sign that says "Hey Mr. Little Hands".

A journalist made fun of his little hands many years ago, like 25 or more. He said once a year, every year Trump would send him a picture of himself with arrows pointing at his fingers looking long, written in gold sharpie.

I'm speechless. Lol.

People protested Trump during the election and got told "this is pointless, you don't even know he's gonna win."

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom