• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Women's March on Washington |OT| An intersectional march for all in 600+ cities

Status
Not open for further replies.

Vanillalite

Ask me about the GAF Notebook
All my friends who went to DC are saying it's crazy. DC Metro was not ready. The influx of people for the March is crazy.

Multiple people who don't know each other all posted the same thing on social media. Women (and men) are out in force and the Metro is beyond capacity.

My sister came down from NYC. My wife took her to the end of the Metro Red Line and said the line to even enter the station stretched out into the parking lot, so she's driving her as far downtown as she can. I really think this is going to be amazing. There is no way to spin this as anything but a rebuke of Trump.

RobotHaus

Unconfirmed Member
Working today, but I'm very happy that so many people are organizing. I know my father is going to the one in Orlando, I'll ask him later how it went.

chadskin

London, obviously: https://twitter.com/elenacresci/status/822813602541371392
C2s4WzVWEAMRaFM.jpg

SilentRob

Why in the world is this thread still so small? This is beautiful. Following the demonstration in washington on CBSN btw, if anyone's interested in listening to the speakers.

SexyFish

Banned
I'm going to the one in Knoxville with a girlfriend. Wish I could have been in D.C. Trump is going to be dumb enough to tweet against this, isn't he?

Temascos

Neo Member
Just come back from the march in London (I couldn't stick around the crowd at Trafalger Square as I had to sort things out at home but I was at the beginning and the march itself.

Holy shit the numbers were incredible, I haven't seen too many BIG crowds marching in London but this has definitely got to stand out amongst the biggest. Lots of energy from everyone! This and the banners being unfolded over the bridges yesterday was great to go to.

Atrophis

This one is just incredible.

My girlfriend was carrying one of those :)

Organisers said at the end there was 80k+ there. Dunno how accurate that is but there was a hell of a lot.

Heading home from the London march. It was a beautiful winters day in London, not a cloud in the sky. Great atmosphere and I'm feeling a bit more positive the world hasn't entirely gone mad. Not entirely.

Keri

I love this all, so much. I wish I could go to one, but I have the baby this morning. Maybe I'll send another donation to Planned Parenthood, as a way of showing support to the cause, instead.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom