• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Wonderbook: Book of Spells |OT|

It was around
48 in German Chart so ~ 2k
27 in UK chart so ~ 5k
18 on Finland PS3 chart so whole of Scandanavian ~ 1k

Rest of Europe ~ 2k.

So around ~10k for the first week is my guesstimate.

Don't underestimate rest of EU - in Poland they sold 100k (lifetime) Sport Champions so Wonderbook will do good too through bundles.

But still i m not convinced it will jump up in the chart tomorrow or stay in the top 40 chart of UK till the end of the year. If it does so, it will certainly be an achievement.

Up a little bit from 25 to 20. Still wont be selling much but an increase is an increase.

noobie

Banned
Up a little bit from 25 to 20. Still wont be selling much but an increase is an increase.

its a good sign.. i think advertisement are working.. i am sure no body was expecting it to climb from 25 to 2.. Secondly if it start getting good word of mouth it will hang in there..

I also don't think this is typically something people will buy at launch so much as around the holiday's. I'm not in a hurry to get it myself, but do expect I'll end up getting it. Depends a little bit also though on if more of these things get released of course.

Oh, if foreign sites are also good.

Shameless plug:
Gamed.nl: 8/10
http://www.gamed.nl/view/101372

"zullen er zeker van kunnen genieten" komt wat mij betreft een keer te vaak in de tekst voor. ;)

Maar thanks, ik denk dat mijn kleine het ook wel leuk zal vinden. Al heeft hij nog nooit iets met Harry Potter te maken gehad, maar misschien kunnen we eens beginnen met voorlezen (mijn vrouw was al een grote fan), en dan is dit denk ik wel leuk erbij - hij vond 'aapje' (EyePet) ook al erg leuk, en dat is alweer meer dan een jaar geleden volgens mij dat ik dat met hem gedaan heb.

Groetjes,
Arwin

noobie

Banned
Not in ireland anyways! Every HMV store I went into had tonnes of the game in stock!

It rose in Ireland PS3 chart also. from 16 to 12.
So seems like selling a bit over there too..

Will be interesting to see if it goes up in other European charts also.

Loudninja

WH Smith back in the game with Wonderbook
It gave up on video games in 2010, but now WH Smith is back on board… sort of.

The newsagent chain is stocking all three versions of Sony’s new Wonderbook: Book of Spells. That includes the bundle which includes the PS3.

WH Smith is also stocking the toys for Activision’s new kids game Skylanders Giants.

The firm backed out of games in February 2010, telling MCV at the time: “Our withdrawal from the CD and games market is a natural step in the implementation of our strategy to reduce our presence in entertainment and focus instead on our core categories.”
http://www.mcvuk.com/news/read/wh-smith-back-in-the-game-with-wonderbook/0107351

Mario007

It's pretty safe to assume that this will hover around the charts and rise a bit closer to Christmas. Didn't Skylanders do something similar last year? They debuted kinda low but stayed around and eventually climbed up.

Bog

Junior Ace
Anecdotal of course, but a few local stores around here have yet to sell any. Even with the latest sale prices. Zero. :(

noobie

Banned
Wonderbook Sold over 50,000 units sold in Spain and Portugal

Translated Text:
Wonderbook: the book of spells is still a bestseller in Iberia (Portugal and Spain ).According to figures provided by GFK the Playstation 3 exclusive game has sold 54,000 units, counting packs with the Playstation 3 500 gigabytes, the best selling console of Christmas in Spain according to GfK, one of the largest market research institutes.
More than ten thousand people have been during the month of December

These are lot of units for a game which barely charted in PAL region charts.
I wander what is the total now?

Oersted

First, really sorry for the bump.

Well whatever they expected it surely wasn't this type of bomb. For whatever odd reason they positioned it as their holiday season game alongside Wonderbook.

But this post made me think: What happened to this "single-player virtual reading/entertainment experience"? It certainly wasn´t such a huge success but bomba? Hope not, it was finally something new.

noobie

Banned
First, really sorry for the bump.

But this post made me think: What happened to this "single-player virtual reading/entertainment experience"? It certainly wasn´t such a huge success but bomba? Hope not, it was finally something new.

They have couple of more such books in pipeline. So far we have not heard about cancelling of them. So whatever numbers Book of Spells did, it has atleast not made other publishers drop their projects.

Btw You can Join this page to get more information about Book of Spells
http://www.facebook.com/pages/Wonderbook-Book-of-Spells/363438663711210?ref=hl

At Target. Saw this on the shelf. Didn't even know it was released. Way to go with marketing, considering it consisted about 75% of their last E3 presentation.

I'm shocked that this got such a good rounded score... a majority of its complaints being camera issues , I wonder how well future ps4 wonderbook games will be received using the new playstation camera

they should make diggs nightcrawler compatible with the ps4

Top Bottom