• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

World of Warcraft |OT2|

Status
Not open for further replies.

Flib

Firelands raid sounds awesome.

Ooh, the Abyssal Maw 5-man is coming with 4.1! I thought they had scrapped it.

Sweet, all patches going forwards will have 5-man dungeons. Completely underwater but uses the locking mechanic from Vash'jir (which work well in beta, btw).

Hey guys we had all this stuff planned for release but had to delay it.... free content patch woo! Let's pretend to work on 4.2.

Let's show all the concept art/maps from last year's Blizzcon too!

Rokam

So are they re-redoing Maraudon, recombining purple-orange? Oh god for that PuG question they should've just answered "People are assholes, deal with it"

Alex

Dungeon changes sound amazing, more and more it's so nice to watch the timesinks all removed in lieu for actual content and design.

That said, I'm sure overweight neckbeards will be furious.

evlcookie

but ever so delicious
The blind dragon (Atramedes) for example needs you to be quiet, that's visually indicated with a sound bar.

Wait, what? :lol

That's going to be interesting. I wonder if in game voice chat would be a sound. Slowly creeping up and someone pulls a leeroy over the mic

Rokam

funkmastergeneral said:
Not a single decent question was asked in the Q&A
Trust me these questsions were 1000 times better than some of the shit that's been asked at previous cons. People wasting questions on shit that was literally just answered during the panel.

As for the blind dragon... the only solution is to buy a train set!

J-Rzez

funkmastergeneral said:

I would go and ask proper hard-hitting questions, but they have my picture everywhere there, no way for me to get in.

speedpop

Has problems recognising girls
funkmastergeneral said:
Pretty par for the course. They receive all this cool new info to discuss about and then they just cry about stupid shit that is asked constantly on the official forums.

What's the best way to get honored quickly with Lower City? I'd like to try to get the Raven Lord mount since my tauren looks retarded on everything else. Also, any suggestions on another relatively easy to acquire flying mount that taurens DON'T look stupid on?

Evlar

Banned
SnakeswithLasers said:
What's the best way to get honored quickly with Lower City? I'd like to try to get the Raven Lord mount since my tauren looks retarded on everything else. Also, any suggestions on another relatively easy to acquire flying mount that taurens DON'T look stupid on?
Clear Shadow Labyrinth or Sethekk Halls in Normal mode. About 1250 rep per clear in Sethekk, about 2000 rep per clear in SL.

Alex

The questions were about the same as always from what I saw. I can't believe someone actually asked that ninja looter question though, what the fuck.

Then again, a friend of mine told me a great story where a PUG guy just about lost his mind when another PUG guy rolled need on some green cloth bracers. Fantastic.

speedpop

SnakeswithLasers said:
I did all the Lower City rep reward quests whilst I was leveling in Outlands, and then I only had to hand in a few feathers for the repeatable and managed to hit Honored.

As for Tauren flying mounts.. they look awesome on the Cenarion War Hippogryph.. but that one is a pain in the ass to get up :lol

border

My account's been on ice since March, and I'm thinking about re-starting.

Is anything going on in the game right now? Other than (I guess) Hallow's End? When do the Cataclysm changes begin to take effect?

lordmrw

HarryDemeanor said:
Thank god for cutting the fat out of dungeons. Hopefully Sunken Temple and Wailing Caverns will actually be less boring now.

God damn Sunken Temple and Maraudon were the first ones I thought of. I remember spending a significant chunk of a Saturday trying to complete it. If it wasn't a guildie asking to run it I wouldn't have bothered. Maraudon caused me to call in sick because I spend so much time in it. We had a scrub in our group that everyone refused to kick, and I had spend so much time in it I wanted to see it through. I think we started at 8 and didn't finish til 2am.

Tamanon

Banned
border said:
My account's been on ice since March, and I'm thinking about re-starting.

Is anything going on in the game right now? Other than (I guess) Hallow's End? When do the Cataclysm changes begin to take effect?

Talent/class changes already have hit, I'm thinking the Cata changes will happen on WoW's sixth anniversary.

border

So warlocks have 3 Soul Shards now and Hunters have Focus? Or have they just re-done the talent trees for all the classes? Are the changes to stats in effect?

It's kinda daunting to think about taking on the expansion after I've been in a virtual blackout on it for such a long time.

Alex

border said:
So warlocks have 3 Soul Shards now and Hunters have Focus? Or have they just re-done the talent trees for all the classes? Are the changes to stats in effect?

It's kinda daunting to think about taking on the expansion after I've been in a virtual blackout on it for such a long time.

Hunters have focus

Warlocks have three shards that are only used for utility functions, they have an evocate for them and can still drain them back

Talent trees were all scrapped and remade, reverted back to 31 point trees, most filler talents removed.

New stat designs are live.

speedpop said:
I did all the Lower City rep reward quests whilst I was leveling in Outlands, and then I only had to hand in a few feathers for the repeatable and managed to hit Honored.

As for Tauren flying mounts.. they look awesome on the Cenarion War Hippogryph.. but that one is a pain in the ass to get up :lol
You know what I decided to do to fix the tauren mount problem: Pay $25 for a change to orc.

If they go live with new models in the next month, I'm going to be supremely bummed. However, I've wanted to change this dude forever, but while I was active it was never an option. Now that it is, I figure the $25 isn't that bad, considering I got to start playing the game again for just $15.

J-Rzez

border said:

It's not a bad time actually, because it's almost a clean slate for many classes, and many people are having to "relearn" their class/spec/role capabilities at this point. There are people who played the game for years just totally lost now on their class. Since Cata's so far off, you'd be able to level no prob in that time and get a good footing for Cata launch where everyone's starting out fresh basically again.

If you want to come back, let me know if you want a scroll of resurrection or whatever sent your way. :D

border

All my characters are at 80, so I'm not really sure what I would do if I did come back to the game. It looks like I'm going to have to re-learn a lot of stuff. I'm not sure how I feel about the talent trees being so gutted -- I liked being able to spec pretty far into a couple trees, but now it looks like you have to devote yourself almost completely to a single tree. And each try has so few choices it doesn't even seem like there's a point to them.

J-Rzez said:
If you want to come back, let me know if you want a scroll of resurrection or whatever sent your way. :D

Scrolls don't work on WotLK accounts, do they? I never understood that dumb restriction. All that should matter is that you haven't played for a few months.

notworksafe

border said:
Scrolls don't work on WotLK accounts, do they? I never understood that dumb restriction. All that should matter is that you haven't played for a few months.
They do sometimes it seems. I hooked up a GAF person who had a WotLK account.

Lafiel

と呼ぶがよい
Since they are re-doing old world dungeons like uldaman and mara i wonder if they'd release heroic versions of those instances in a later patch?

speedpop

Doubt you'll find any working streams. The only stream that had not closed down when I stopped watching was a guy running from the actual Blizzard website, so he had paid for it and just streaming what was on his desktop. Problem was he had gone to bed and the stream was laggy as shit :lol

sykoex

Lost all credibility.
Lafiel said:
Since they are re-doing old world dungeons like uldaman and mara i wonder if they'd release heroic versions of those instances in a later patch?
I want heroic Dire Maul and BRD.

Alex

Lafiel said:

I'm sure they'll kick out new classic heroics every so often, I doubt this will be the end of that concept.

I'd like to see heroic Strath/Scholo, but with LK over that may not make much sense anymore?

Anyone know if/when a new battle chest will go up for sale?

It really should, the way they handle these things is silly.

They should keep a WoW Gold edition and a current expansion only, IMO.

C.Dark.DN

Banned
Alex said:
It really should, the way they handle these things is silly.

They should keep a WoW Gold edition and a current expansion only, IMO.
What happens when someone that has BC and wants to play again? They buy the WoW gold edition that costs what the battlechest 2.0 would cost? When wotlk single would surely be cheaper?

Nah man, nah. They way they do it is good for everyone.

Alex

DeathNote said:
What happens when someone that has BC and wants to play again? They buy the WoW gold edition that costs what the battlechest would cost? When wotlk single would surely be cheaper?

Nah man, nah.

Buy BC digitally or something, it's going to be silly having all of those damn expansions on the shelf before too long :lol

The way they do it atm is total shit, it's way too high of an entry fee. It would be OK if they went to a Battlechest sooner, but something needs to change. They dont even have a new Battlechest announced, so it'd be like 120 dollars just to get your butt to 85.

C.Dark.DN

Banned
Alex said:
Buy BC digitally or something, it's going to be silly having all of those damn expansions on the shelf before too long :lol
Buying digitally is valid and I forgot. But, there's still a market for physical.

Alex

True, I could see that, although I really think it's ridiculous that they seem to be going into Cata without a new Battlechest.

notworksafe

If the boxes didn't sell on their own, they'd go with your idea Alex. Expect to see something like that in 3-5 years or whenever WoW finally stops selling. :lol

I still think that Blizz will put out a new Battle Chest in time for Christmas. They'd be crazy not to, imo.

Alex

It's weird because The Classic/BC Battlechest hit in less than a year after the release of BC.

Now we're gonna be over two years from WOTLK and nothin'.

Maybe they'll pull something out pretty quick, seems odd.

C.Dark.DN

Banned
check these masks out

http://www.amazon.com/dp/B0027A0ZDI/?tag=neogaf0e-20
h2E17.jpg

http://www.amazon.com/dp/B002GOQGUG/?tag=neogaf0e-20
AezWA.jpg

http://www.amazon.com/dp/B002KM4DPY/?tag=neogaf0e-20
2s0z5ht.jpg

http://www.amazon.com/dp/B003X4HATO/?tag=neogaf0e-20
28cdhyw.jpg

http://www.amazon.com/dp/B001BYBB2U/?tag=neogaf0e-20