• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

World of Warcraft |OT2|

Status
Not open for further replies.

cdyhybrid

Bah, I dunno what to do now. Got all my heirloom items ready for my Goblin Rogue, got the Hallow's End title on my main...Still no mount on either of my 80s but that takes like 5 minutes per day.

mclem

cdyhybrid said:
Bah, I dunno what to do now. Got all my heirloom items ready for my Goblin Rogue, got the Hallow's End title on my main...Still no mount on either of my 80s but that takes like 5 minutes per day.

Work on achievements. Not just the in-game ones, make some up.

I soloed Magtheridon today. That was fun.

C.Dark.DN

Banned
cdyhybrid said:
-You could do low level PVP, but it can suck without heirlooms.
-80 PVP
-80 raiding
-heirlooms for another class
-dick around with friends

there might come a point to hiatus

ezekial45

Banned
I had every heirloom needed for my goblin shaman. I got restless. Now I have a level 72 Orc shaman.

Looks like ill make another goblin alt.

cdyhybrid said:

Play something else? I'm just logging on every day to do the Horseman daily.

Fable III and Force Unleashed are coming out soon!

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
cdyhybrid said:
White Hawkstrider and Raven Lord are what I'm doing.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
funkmastergeneral said:
Shouldn't we start getting pre-Cata events pretty soon, too?
They are not as cool as Ghoul Invasion.

Lolligag

Initial door opening of AQ gates was cool during the Vanilla days (doubt the recent gate openings were ever close to that caliber), but the 10 hours of grinding rep after wasn't.

Alex

The AQ opening was just a pure cluster fuck of lag on our server, impossible to move, we just went into AQ40 to experiment with trash (gate opened pretty early in the day, if i recall) to avoid it

Angry Grimace

Alex said:
Is anything? Ghoul invasion was some griefy UO styled shit. It was awesome.
It was fun because there wasn't anything to really do and you could dick around pretty much nonstop, and people moaned and groaned :lol

Bisnic

Really Really Exciting Member!
Angry Grimace said:
It was fun because there wasn't anything to really do and you could dick around pretty much nonstop, and people moaned and groaned :lol

"I didnt rolled on a PVE server to get killed by other players wahwahwah"

:lol Yeah, i remember THOSE.

Narag

I tended to avoid the cities while that was going on. Otherwise it was set pet to aggressive and sit on a roof and laugh.

Alex

Bisnic said:
"I didnt rolled on a PVE server to get killed by other players wahwahwah"

:lol Yeah, i remember THOSE.

"SLAP IN THE FACE, I'LL QUIT AND YOU'LL LOSE ALL YOUR SUBSCRIBERS!"

They would get posts like this if they changed the color of bag icons. The people who post on the official boards are completely loony.

evlcookie

but ever so delicious
HarryDemeanor said:
That's a good question. I haven't checked out Tanaris yet but that'll be the first thing I look for.

Quick google seems to suggest you can buy it now, No need to go through the quest. But a double check would be nice.

Woohoo :lol

Alex

Screw all you dudes getting Anzu.I can't get it or the White Hawkstrider.

That said, I've gotten the Horseman Mount on 3 characters, what the fuck?

Narag

It's like that stupid blue drake from the Oculus. I've one druid that's received it 2-3x and will never use it due to flight form. Jack all for the character I collect the mounts with.

J-Rzez

notworksafe said:
Congrats!
I got my horse, but I would rather get Anzu before my friend who plays a Druid. :lol

Thanks. I'm just the opposite. The Raven thing was just something for me to do, which now I have one less thing to do already lol. I want the horseman's mount for my DK, would fit it nicely. I guess I could farm out that mount from Attune from Kara though.

OH, so beta guys or people in the know, anything changing to Kara, deadwind pass or whatever. Kara's probably lumped into the BC content so nothing will change I'd guess, but it is in the old world technically.

I got the brewfest mounts, but the only one I really want is the Horseman mount, and that's the one that'll elude me most likely. :(

demonkaze

So i'm looking to get into WoW for cata, played it a little around the BC expansion but looks more interesting now (played FFXI for the longest time). When would it be best to start playing, whats the most cost effective way of getting the game.

My other problem from when I played before, I had trouble finding a guild that would actually do anything and the game world felt pretty lonely. Is there a GAF crew for the euro crowd?

Tamanon

Banned
demonkaze said:
So i'm looking to get into WoW for cata, played it a little around the BC expansion but looks more interesting now (played FFXI for the longest time). When would it be best to start playing, whats the most cost effective way of getting the game.

My other problem from when I played before, I had trouble finding a guild that would actually do anything and the game world felt pretty lonely. Is there a GAF crew for the euro crowd?

I'd probably wait for the Battle Chest with Wrath. The good news is that you will be able to experience the revamped content soon with just the basic game, at least to level 60.

Also, it might behoove you to do research on guilds on your server. It's tough to find a guild that fits you if you don't have friends who already play the game, but it's certainly possible. Or just join AIE.:lol

C.Dark.DN

Banned
demonkaze said:

Can you log into battle.net with your old BC account?

WOTLK should drop in price sooner or later

notworksafe

demonkaze said:

In the OP there's a spreadsheet that lists GAF peeps, region they play, and server. Might be worth checking it out to see if there are any EU people already playing on your server, or are looking for friends to play with.

Milpool

Yay now I'm like everyone.

47k55.jpg

What happened to self reflections in the new water?

re-subbed for a month and got horseman reins on 3rd try, I also keep getting sinister squashlings and halowed helm, they have upped the rate this year I think

Bisnic

Really Really Exciting Member!
How hard is heroic Sethekk Halls with a geared Frost Mage? I've got the Raven mount on my prot warrior, wasnt too bad with the 2 talents that increase my self healing and all my armor & health of course. But i fear that even with a frost mage and ice barrier & frost nova, i wont do as good.

C.Dark.DN

Banned
Bisnic said:
How hard is heroic Sethekk Halls with a geared Frost Mage? I've got the Raven mount on my prot warrior, wasnt too bad with the 2 talents that increase my self healing and all my armor & health of course. But i fear that even with a frost mage and ice barrier & frost nova, i wont do as good.
it should be easy as ballsacks. you can even walk past the first boss and bird does poop dps.

PatzCU

Wow, everyone is going to have the Horseman's Reins by the end of this event.

Lets say I want to try and farm some of the ZG mounts with the very little precious time we have left before it's gone. Can I do this solo as a holy paladin?

Dunlop

Went to run horseman on my pally alt (tank), game froze, figuring I was DC'ing said fuck it went and took a shower. Came back was still in the instance...and I got the horse :D

Between brew and this for my pally I have 3 rams, 3 brooms and the horse

On my main : fuck all ; (

Tamanon

Banned
PatzCU said:

Lets say I want to try and farm some of the ZG mounts with the very little precious time we have left before it's gone. Can I do this solo as a holy paladin?

Might have to repec Prot for it to solo them. But it might be possible as Holy. Just take forever.

C.Dark.DN

Banned
funkmastergeneral said:
I found the mobs right before Anzu to hit extremely hard, they killed my enhancement shaman in about 5 hits.
maybe i'm not qualified, since i used a blood spec :lol

but i was in poop dps gear and they dropped like flies

C.Dark.DN

Banned
PatzCU said:

probably not me! i wont get a new graphics card until mid to late next week.

i can maybe play the game for a minute before it crashes

DeathNote said:
maybe i'm not qualified, since i used a blood spec :lol

but i was in poop dps gear and they dropped like flies

According to Wowhead they (Setthek ravenguards) hit for 2400-3500 per hit on plate and hit very quickly, so they would be pretty dangerous to a clothy.

Just picked up this baby for 50k gold

nB1zq.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom