• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

World of Warcraft |OT2|

Status
Not open for further replies.

speedpop

Has problems recognising girls
So judging by what the Lore guys stated yesterday and what happened in the Open Q&A today, it seems most definitely likely that we will see a subzone of sorts to the Emerald Dream at a later stage. I imagine it will be akin to what they are doing in Cataclysm where certain zones are easily obtained through portals, and I'm guessing that the zone won't be hugely landscaped but just a simple zone or two with a raid to "finally" end the Nightmare that will somehow resurrect itself via the new Old God </Metzen making shit up on the fly>

Still, ever since vanilla WoW, I've always wanted to step into the Emerald Dream in a proper element and not via a simple quest or whatever. Then again, Blizzard and its CMs have stated time and time again for years that "you'll see the Emerald Green sometime soon, it's just a question of when."

Also this makes me squeal. Finally a place to shove all my barbie doll items into :lol

Blizzard said:
Q: I would like to ask for a closet, we get all this awesome stuff from events but have no place to put them!
A: We actually hoped to do that for cataclysm, there's still some issues with that that we need to resolve.

the Q and A people... oh my fucking god. WoW fans are a whole different level of nerd. How fucking awesome. Gaming might have gone mainstream, but nerd culture is still strong in this game!!!

Door2Dawn

Banned
piratez-1.png

Ikuu

Had his dog run over by Blizzard's CEO
Finally winning some AVs, leveled from around 70-73 so far, which isn't bad considering I've spent most of the time watching football or playing Fallout.

Kryor

Neo Member
Alex said:
The Moonkin just makes me laugh, it's so awkward and goofy. It looks like a big-ass childs Halloween costume. He/she should go Trick or Treating in that shit.

I'm not the type of person who'd ever really go to a convention, even a general type one like Comic Con or PAX or w/e, I'm not much of a fandom type for anything and I'd want to take my wife who surely wouldn't enjoy them.

35k244z.jpg

What is this supposed to be!? It looks like a Star Wars guy! :lol

Oh my god it's a real life Blizzard Forum thread.

It's the Dark Wanderer from Diablo 2.

Damn just checked and I missed my chance to freeze my account till Cata so ive paid up till the 18th of nov ;/
Have 0 reason to login now as we dont raid properly and well daily dungeons are pointless aswell.

scoobs

so started playing again with some buddies and started a new char on kelthuzad. Definitely already level 60 and i started on monday night :)

Bisnic

Really Really Exciting Member!
Lol at all the people complaining about yet another dragon roaring in the login screen.

deal-with-it.gif

I never saw what was the big deal about this. It's just a roar people. Fucking whiny WoW players i swear.

funkmastergeneral said:
Was Metzen the one running open Q&A? I'm reading over the questions on MMO-champ and most of the answers seem to be in his jackass style

It was J. Allen Brack, Greg (Ghostcrawler) Street , Cory Stockton, Chris Robinson, Tom Chilton, and Alex Afrasiabi.

so, assuming new servers are going to come up, are any of you guys gonna roll a fresh toon on one? I need to get off of Borean Tundra a little, see some new people.

Im staying on my server (Deathwing) too many friends on that server to leave, and in terms of balance its pretty good other than raid progression (only 1 guild has H25 LK down)

theinfinityissue said:
so, assuming new servers are going to come up, are any of you guys gonna roll a fresh toon on one? I need to get off of Borean Tundra a little, see some new people.

New servers seems like a terrible idea with all these ghost town servers already in existance.

Also leveling without heirlooms? That's painful. I have a level 71 hunter on a server without any 80's, and I just can't bring myself to level him anymore. WIthout the 20% xp bonus it's too painful.

Macattk15

funkmastergeneral said:
New servers seems like a terrible idea with all these ghost town servers already in existance.

Also leveling without heirlooms? That's painful. I have a level 71 hunter on a server without any 80's, and I just can't bring myself to level him anymore. WIthout the 20% xp bonus it's too painful.

They should really make it so you cn just send heirlooms across servers now.

CryptiK

Hye guys Im getting into WoW and I am just wondering where would the cheapest place to get a CD Key for it and a 2 month card from?

theinfinityissue said:
I don't blame you. BT has a bad community but I'll be sticking with it.

sykoex

Lost all credibility.
Love the new login screen. It seems like they've adopted Deathwing over Stormwind as the 3D incarnation of this image:

Too bad it'll still suck whenever you load the game and your pc isn't muted.

evlcookie

but ever so delicious
Oh man, Victory rush at level 5 :lol :lol

So good. I can see i'm going to enjoy leveling a goblin warrior once cata comes out.

sykoex

Lost all credibility.
Lolligag said:
Would much prefer the twilight hammer login screen that they scrapped.

http://img818.imageshack.us/img818/7603/catalogin2.jpg[IMG][/QUOTE]
Wow that's awesome, I like how it plays on the original login. I REALLY hope they let you choose your login screen some day. (without some dodgy hack)

Narag

evlcookie said:
Oh man, Victory rush at level 5 :lol :lol

So good. I can see i'm going to enjoy leveling a goblin warrior once cata comes out.

It's ridiculous with boa stuff. I outheal large pulls on my low level warrior with it.

Loam

I'm a little confused after reading through the Worgen info. Is it confirmed that their racial shares a CD with the rogue's sprint ability, or is that just the general assumption?

Lain

I haven't been playing this game for months except a quick log in for some events and as such I haven't been dieing in WOTLK for months. Was the mounted ghost always that slow? It felt like my ghost was flying on a old 60% flying mount.

Got a white hawkstrider from MGT for my paladin, but it kind of sucks, I thought she'd look better on it, but I was wrong. The tiger is still the better one.

Alex

Art panel was great, I almost can't believe some of the stuff in Cataclysm is even from WoW, the level of detail and effects took a way greater leap than it ever has before.

It was also fun to see them talk about completely handcrafting and meticulously detailing a zone, it really made recent topics about a certain other MMO and claims from resident psychopaths even more hilarious.

Alex

CryptiK said:

I can't imagine a time card would be cheaper anywhere, not by more than a dollar or so. I've never seen any real sales on them.

As for the game itself, probably just Amazon or Ebay or a local sale, the price is pretty stable, I saw the Classic + BC Battlechest go as low as 30 before, but that's about it.

I can't believe they dont have a new Battlechest yet, blows my mind. If you're just looking to get your feet wet, you could just pick up the original boxed game after 4.0.3, it'll have all the new framework and the new world, unless you're after Draenei/Blood Elf or Goblin/Worgen races of course.

Hixx

Lolligag said:
Would much prefer the twilight hammer login screen that they scrapped.

http://img818.imageshack.us/img818/7603/catalogin2.jpg[//IMG][/QUOTE]

Oh wow that's so much better than the Deathwing one. My authenticator is on my phone so I'll prolly have to put up with that screech from Deathwing every single time I log in :(

speedpop

I'm doing the Fallen Hero of the Horde questchain just outside the entrance to Blasted Lands. I suppose the only reason why is because Loramus might not be in Azshara anymore in 4.0.3, hence this quest disappearing.

The rewards are lame in this day and age, outside of the 16-slot demon bag, but the story is pretty cool. Basically telling you the entire backstory behind the current happenings within Blasted Lands.

Also is it just me or is my memory hazy.. but before BC, there used to be some elite mobs guarding the Dark Portal correct?

speedpop said:
I'm doing the Fallen Hero of the Horde questchain just outside the entrance to Blasted Lands. I suppose the only reason why is because Loramus might not be in Azshara anymore in 4.0.3, hence this quest disappearing.

The rewards are lame in this day and age, outside of the 16-slot demon bag, but the story is pretty cool. Basically telling you the entire backstory behind the current happenings within Blasted Lands.

Also is it just me or is my memory hazy.. but before BC, there used to be some elite mobs guarding the Dark Portal correct?
Yeah and they could fuck you up pretty quickly :lol

speedpop

It's a little sad that I had almost completely forgot about them. I imagine a lot of that will happen over the next year or so with Cataclysm.

I still remember finding Rexxar walking around Desolace for the first time. Blew my mind away.

Heh, if you're a Mage, you can rename your Water Elemental. Just type /run PetRename ("namehere"). I named mine Blastoise. And remember, you can only do this once.

Any DK tanks here? I started leveling mine a bit and having a lot of fun(AV weekend ftw).
But I have some questions about tanking, reading thread on elitist jerks and I'm still bit confused. Went with spec and glyphs from there but need help on "rotation" or rather priority, what to do when, what not to use, gemming and what to do stats wise...

Anyone?

Rapstah

GasProblem said:
Heh, if you're a Mage, you can rename your Water Elemental. Just type /run PetRename ("namehere"). I named mine Blastoise. And remember, you can only do this once.
I wonder if that works with Shadowfiends and that new Paladin temporary pet or if it's locked to permanent ones somehow.

EDIT: No, it doesn't. Blizzard has actively made water elementals able to be re-named then, cool.

Cindres

Vied for a tag related to cocks, so here it is.
People really find the Sindragosa login that bad?

Plus apparently this deathwing one isn't as bad. I do like that twilight hammer one as a play on the old dark portal login, but i like that they're sticking with a dragon theme, it looks fucking kickass.

And "The Masquerade" is doing my nut in, these wands never bloody drop.

(I know i can just pay people for it, i was just hoping i could do without).

EDIT: Fuckit, managed to pay 5g each for the 4 i needed, title get.

Osaka

Did not ask for this tag
Can't wait for Cataclysm to come out, going to roll a goblin warlock. So much new leveling content for me, only old thing that I've done on Horde before would be the Outlands! :D Idea is to level up and if I still feel like it afterwards, join some nice and stable raiding & pvp guild and own it up.

Currently when I have nothing I can do for the game to come out faster I've just been thinking of a good name for a goblin male warlock. Got some ideas but if anyone has some amazing, epic, cool and funny ones, feel free to pitch em!

Benafflock or Mattdemon would be amazing

Lain said:
Got a white hawkstrider from MGT for my paladin, but it kind of sucks, I thought she'd look better on it, but I was wrong. The tiger is still the better one.
I can't get myself to bother with MT anymore, at least not for the white hawkstrider. I don't know why blizz thought that riding an ostrich would be cool. I imagine the first thing blood elfs do upon reaching level 20 is work on getting a different mount. I guess I could run MT for the pet, but I stopped after I got my orb of the sin'dorei.
HixxSAFC said:
Oh wow that's so much better than the Deathwing one. My authenticator is on my phone so I'll prolly have to put up with that screech from Deathwing every single time I log in :(
Haha same. I can deal with the noise, but if I had a choice, I'd opt for something quieter and less obnoxious. I find myself cursing my computer screen every time i fail to enter my login/authenticator info fast enough.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom