• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

World of Warcraft |OT2|

Status
Not open for further replies.

notworksafe

Those gold jerks show up daily on A52. For a while we had a deal with some alliance where they'd come to Org and kill ours and we'd go to SW and kill the ones there.

Bisnic

Really Really Exciting Member!
I also see those floating orcs all the time on Thrall.

It seems every populated Horde server have them.

I don't have any alliance on a populated Alliance server, but i guess they also have a bunch of floating humans near their AH.

notworksafe said:
Those gold jerks show up daily on A52. For a while we had a deal with some alliance where they'd come to Org and kill ours and we'd go to SW and kill the ones there.

How can the opposite faction kill them? They're not even pvp flagged.

I see them all the time on my server (Dalaran).

I've tried to mess them up by using a train set or the Piccolo of the Flaming Fire, but they tend to move away or disappear quickly.

They used to do it with dead bodies falling out of the sky and some DKs on my server would build up 100RP in a duel outside, run in and do corpse explosion (got some nasty tells in Chinese I'm told).

notworksafe

Bisnic said:
How can the opposite faction kill them? They're not even pvp flagged.
I always assumed it was something related to the bug they were using. All I know is that for a few weeks there would be a random human warrior beating the snot out of them until they logged off. It was a funny sight. :lol

CassSept

On Burning Legion-EU they've been there for the last few months, possibly even for over a year. They've become a constant part of scenery so I don't mind it any more:lol

With this blatant hacking going on every day, shouldn't it be easy to figure out what's happening by monitoring the logs and then patch it? Or will it be the Flying Gold Seller Acrobats Show every night from now on?

notworksafe

-Insert comment from J-Rzez about the statue in Blizzard's office with a side of whine-
:lol :lol :lol

Most likely it'll be in the 3.9 patch if anything. Blizzard won't bother going through the hassle of devolping, testing, patching, and dealing with tech issues resulting from the patch just for this one thing. They'll compile it in with a bunch of other stuff in 3.9 and put it all out at once.

C.Dark.DN

Banned
There's a hole in the alliance Arathi Basin fence? I had them cap before the game started. If so, why wouldn't they make an easy fix?

J-Rzez

DeathNote said:
There's a hole in the alliance Arathi Basin fence? I had them cap before the game started. If so, why wouldn't they make an easy fix?

Blizzard fixed the Horde exploit to get out early though. Just sayin'. :p

C.Dark.DN

Banned
Wut I've done a lot of AB's Sine vanilla and never seen it done. I see the horde doing it in a 2 year old vid tho.

Edit: hm

sykoex

Lost all credibility.
itxaka said:
I finally crossed the 2000+ dps mark on heroics! wohoooo

I feel useful now in dungeons :p
What class are you playing?

My 2 main DPS classes were Rogue and Mage which do ridiculous DPS in heroics, then I decided to level an Unholy Death Knight and I really gained a new respect for DKs, I had such a hard time even surpassing the Tank once I got to 80.

itxaka

Defeatist
sykoex said:
What class are you playing?

My 2 main DPS classes were Rogue and Mage which do ridiculous DPS in heroics, then I decided to level an Unholy Death Knight and I really gained a new respect for DKs, I had such a hard time even surpassing the Tank once I got to 80.

Warrior fury. I'm still a bit undergeared, but I hope to start Toc10 soon and get some really good gear instead of all the triumph badges gear and a few drops :)

EDIT: oh, yeah. Should I start getting enchants already? I', a bit down on the hit cap and crit cap, but I feel that is gonna be a waste of money to echant them already.

yeahhh Tanked Juraxxus :) or however you spell his name (25) I was shoved onto add duty, MT dies at like 60% and I take over and tanked him till death :D shame we couldn't get down faction guys as our dps was stupid :lol
Got some nice boots which replaced my shitty ilevel 200 blues :lol

Hixx

itxaka said:
Warrior fury. I'm still a bit undergeared, but I hope to start Toc10 soon and get some really good gear instead of all the triumph badges gear and a few drops :)

EDIT: oh, yeah. Should I start getting enchants already? I', a bit down on the hit cap and crit cap, but I feel that is gonna be a waste of money to echant them already.

The cheaper enchants can be had for as little as 20g these days. Or keep running heroics and get the mats via d/e, its always worth it to enchant unless its <ilvl 200.

C.Dark.DN

Banned
What is this in reference to?
Q. Will the ability to run while shooting effect PvP or PvE battles more? What was the initial intention of the new ability?
A. With how encounters are today, damage-dealing while on the move is increasingly becoming important. You'll see in a lot of classes we specifically are giving new ways for players to still do damage while on the move. That said, your damage while standing still casting or on a target in melee range should always be optimal.
I don't see any hunter changes.

itxaka

Defeatist
HixxSAFC said:
The cheaper enchants can be had for as little as 20g these days. Or keep running heroics and get the mats via d/e, its always worth it to enchant unless its <ilvl 200.

Great thanks, will have a look for some echants to upp my dps a bit :)

DeathNote said:
What is this in reference to?

I don't see any hunter changes.
Dont they get a new aspect, aspect of the fox or something that allows shots while moving or something
" The hunter takes on the aspects of a fox, allowing you to shoot Steady Shot and Cobra Shot while moving and causing you to gain 2 Focus whenever you take damage."

C.Dark.DN

Banned
Johnlenham said:
Dont they get a new aspect, aspect of the fox or something that allows shots while moving or something
" The hunter takes on the aspects of a fox, allowing you to shoot Steady Shot and Cobra Shot while moving and causing you to gain 2 Focus whenever you take damage."
If that's accurate, there we go. Must have missed it.

mclem

CassSept said:
That would make sense, especially since they are leaving this content before. The last weeks between pre-expansion patch and the expansion itself are a great time. Everyone is pumped, doing new stuff all the time. It's amazing actually (unless some idiots come whining that they don't like it, e.g. pre-wotlk Zombie Invasion), can't wait for pre-cata event.

That period always has a "last day at school" feel for me. We let our hair down, do some 'lighter' raids (I like to try to do a 'world tour' of all the raids that will be left behind), plus start to learn the new mechanics and take advantage of the new features in the pre-expansion patch.

Wrath's was particularly good because it was the release of the achievements system; I'm hoping the guild progression system will be opened up in 4.0 because that'll give us quite a bit we can fill our time with and really feel like we're making reasonable progress towards a useful goal.

If you have a decent heroic purp set, why is anyone putting time into the endgame stuff right now? I mean past one run to see the content.

I'm honestly confused. 'Splain to me GAF. I guess gearing you're 2nd spec would be a good idea.

Xabora

And I'm now looking to get off of Rexxar.
My ping is 5x higher than the nightfall group too.

Oh well. :lol

thatbox

Banned
krypt0nian said:
If you have a decent heroic purp set, why is anyone putting time into the endgame stuff right now? I mean past one run to see the content.

I'm honestly confused. 'Splain to me GAF. I guess gearing you're 2nd spec would be a good idea.
Some people enjoy raiding.

thatbox said:
Some people enjoy raiding.

I guess. It's just wasted IMO. Blues will beat your hard fought epics once the expansion hit if Wrath is any example. Save the effort or farm gold or something useful.

I just wanted to understand. :D

Aesthet1c

krypt0nian said:
I guess. It's just wasted IMO. Blues will beat your hard fought epics once the expansion hit if Wrath is any example. Save the effort or farm gold or something useful.

I just wanted to understand. :D

It's not all about the gear. My main drive is to see the content. My guild is 10/12 in ICC, and I want to see the Lich King die before Cataclysm hits. On top of that, I just enjoy getting on and hanging with my buddies, and shooting the breeze in vent for a few hours.

Aesthet1c said:
It's not all about the gear. My main drive is to see the content. My guild is 10/12 in ICC, and I want to see the Lich King die before Cataclysm hits. On top of that, I just enjoy getting on and hanging with my buddies, and shooting the breeze in vent for a few hours.

See that all sounds cool.

speedpop

Has problems recognising girls
Different strokes for different folks really.

I'd rather stand around Thunder Bluff pretending I am communing with the elements :lol

FLEABttn

Banned
No fair PvP occurs on PvP servers. If you don't mind someone occasionally swooping down from their flying mount and killing you when you have 500 hp, or tag teaming you, or rolling into a level 20 zone and killing your alt, go nuts.

Note that it doesn't happen as much as it used to, but it still happens. Once given the chance to get off a PvP server, I spent a lot of money to leave. I was very, very tired of it after almost 5 years.

FLEABttn said:
No fair PvP occurs on PvP servers. If you don't mind someone occasionally swooping down from their flying mount and killing you when you have 500 hp, or tag teaming you, or rolling into a level 20 zone and killing your alt, go nuts.

Note that it doesn't happen as much as it used to, but it still happens. Once given the chance to get off a PvP server, I spent a lot of money to leave. I was very, very tired of it after almost 5 years.

Honestly, it happens very little anymore on most servers.
I mean, it use to be you could never go to Hillsbrad without being corpse camped for hours at a time.
Now, that place is basically empty.

speedpop

Having played to 80 on both servers I'd have to say I prefer RP.

PVP has its pros and cons. You can find PVP guilds much easier, you can kill people who annoy the shit out of you but vice-versa rules apply on that.

RP is like PVE servers except it is much more community driven and kinda reminds me of the old days of WoW servers where factions fought against each other on the server before cross-realm BGs. There is a lot of weird shit that goes down; ERP in Goldshire and Silvermoon City, people running "taverns" in empty buildings in Stormwind handing out invisible mugs of lager, guilds with "Guard" tagged on the end doing weird emote drills like push-ups or running laps around the Command Center.

But at the same time there are some really cool players who try not to take the game too seriously. There are tons of old dungeons and raid runs all the time to get RP gear, there is organized world PVP that goes on, some more cooler shit is like the story time in Thunder Bluff for Horde where the Tauren RPers go out and start talking about the Earthmother etc. Yeah it's all geeky and nerdy and the lore is absolute crap, but sometimes it's cool to just wind down and attend one of these events.

FLEABttn

Banned
AceBandage said:
Honestly, it happens very little anymore on most servers.
I mean, it use to be you could never go to Hillsbrad without being corpse camped for hours at a time.
Now, that place is basically empty.

To be fair, the game is empty. I think a lot of people have cancelled while waiting for Cata. Our Dalaran seems to have half as many people in it compared to 4 months ago.

Ganking dies when there's either something to do, or when there's so little to do, people cancel. Ganking would always pick up 2-3 months into a content patch.

speedpop

Yeah, wait till Cataclysm hits and PVP servers will be the biggest servers now that everyone is back in Azeroth.

firex

I still want to see the Lich King fight before Cataclysm, too. I've done like 9/12 ICC (fuck if I know how much I actually did, the last boss I ever killed was Dreamwalker and the group I joined quit at like Putricide and some other fight in the Blood wing, I think the last one) and I'd like to see the last few fights.

Ashodin

firex said:
I still want to see the Lich King fight before Cataclysm, too. I've done like 9/12 ICC (fuck if I know how much I actually did, the last boss I ever killed was Dreamwalker and the group I joined quit at like Putricide and some other fight in the Blood wing, I think the last one) and I'd like to see the last few fights.
Same. My two dreams before Cata (in which I will feel finished with lich king) is get the Battered Hilt (want the sword/quest for lore nerd purposes) and beat the Lich King. Dream mode go!

ezekial45

Banned
firex said:

I helped a friend's guild out with the LK fight, which led to a bunch of wipes. After a while I asked to join one of their raids and they said my GS was too low. I hate my server (for many reasons) and I hate gearscore. I think it will be a while before I see the death of LK, so I welcome Cataclysm and my Goblin Shaman!

FLEABttn

Banned
Still haven't killed LK and I won't before Cata.

It requires people who won't stand in defile. In our case, there were always 3. You might be able to carry 1 retard through LK, but not 3.

shintoki

sparkle this bitch
FLEABttn said:
There from the first month.... Once I hit Red ridge mountains. It was fair game. Together with some other 30 high teens, low twenty players. We united to crush the 2 or 3 horde on the bridge. It was glorious! :lol

Fair is for the weak. If they ever brought over Thunder Storm from Diablo II. I would invest full on into it. I wouldn't even have to leave my Carpet then to gank.

Im on a rp sever just because people told me it was like pve but better. Yeah like the other guy said the tavern thing cracks me up we also have a druid greenpeace guild, some thereamor guards or some crap among other things. allways old raids going on aswell.
we still right up to yesterday get fucking horde coming and killing the AH guys while the beggers ask for gold lol.

Ill just say its.. intresting.. PvP is the same except you get ganked while leveling lol.

to the other dude im raiding on my dk to see content (hes better geared than my hunter now in less than a week!) / learning to tank raids (its VERY diffrent to dps) like every fight so far is diffrent. Even found out anub has a face haha

C.Dark.DN

Banned
About PVP servers...

Vanilla was amazing. Tons of low level people to have world pvp with. Right now there are SO many 80's in higher level gear. And level 79's are cake. :/

Old world leveling will be awesome. Low level PVPing while questing.

You might say what about level... 75? Or... 83? Iunno. People will probably have gear left over and flying around kind of messes with pvp.

I'm just hyped to kill some bitches in awesome spots in old world.

lordmrw

I'm on a pve server and I've noticed the amount of people in Dalaran has gone down slightly. It amazes me how many guilds on my server have fallen apart after killing the LK in the last year. Whether it be from people who REALLY want the loot he drops bad or RL suddenly turning into assholes, 7 guilds have disbanded or transferred servers once they got the kill. I should have had my LK kill a few weeks ago, but the guild I was going with didn't bring me back when they gave it one last try the night before reset and they downed him. Then suddenly the RL turned into a complete asshole overnight from what alot of the guild memebers have said and I don't run with them anymore. Its frustrating for me, as I know the fight and have done half of ICC on heroic, but the average pug stops on Putricide or the Blood Queen, and it might sound dickheadish on my part, but I really don't feel like joining groups that are still learning fights that I completed months ago. I'm confident I'll do it before Cataclysm, just the waiting til it happens sucks.

Someone mentioned there being alot more people in old Azeroth. Its funny thinking aobut it, when I initially starting playing (December 2008) using the 10-day free trial, and there were still large amounts of level 70s & 80s in Goldshire. It was when I first went to Stormwind and saw masses of them in their tier gear that I said to myself that I can't wait til I get to that point myself. That's when I knew they got me.:lol

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom