• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

World of Warcraft |OT2|

Status
Not open for further replies.
There really are some dumb mother fuckers around. All these years later people still stand in deep breath and still piss off whelps :lol

What GS do I need to get into Icc? kinda annoying how I can really upgrade any gear now for my tank via Hc and my server seems to be populated by morons who cant even get past beats in toc 10 ; ;

notworksafe

5000 is a good number to have for getting into ICC PUGs, if that's what you mean.

Otherwise for just being able to do well with your guild (I assume you're a tank) you just need 540 def (obv), ~38k hp, over 20% dodge, and be pretty close to the hitcap. This of course depends on your class.

Dont have a guild, off the top of my head ive got 546 def, 25% dodge, 20% parry and er 100 short of 36k hp.
This is as either frost or blood tank, do need to get some slow one handers to do DW frost though.
Ozoka eu

thatbox

Banned
krypt0nian said:
I guess. It's just wasted IMO. Blues will beat your hard fought epics once the expansion hit if Wrath is any example. Save the effort or farm gold or something useful.

I just wanted to understand. :D
Well, raiding is much more than the gear you get from it. I enjoy hanging out with people I've been playing with for years and shooting the shit with them in Vent while we work together to achieve goals. And while you're right about a complete gear reset coming in Cata, it actually didn't happen in Wrath; most raiders were still wearing T6 gear in Naxxramas.

notworksafe

Johnlenham said:
Dont have a guild, off the top of my head ive got 546 def, 25% dodge, 20% parry and er 100 short of 36k hp.
This is as either frost or blood tank, do need to get some slow one handers to do DW frost though.
Ozoka eu
Go Blood. It's tons better than any other spec for raid tanking. Otherwise, your stats are looking pretty good for starting out. Your GS is only 4463 so you may need to get a bit more gear before getting into a PUG, depending on how strict your server is.

FLEABttn

Banned
Johnlenham said:
There really are some dumb mother fuckers around. All these years later people still stand in deep breath and still piss off whelps :lol

It's kind of disheartening because as hard as you try to stay away from people like that, or keep them out of your guild, they keep finding themselves in your raids.

As people have said, LK is not a hard fight. But two dumb motherfuckers will wipe your raid.

itxaka

Defeatist
KernelPanic said:
I think you mean:

Complete the Forge of Souls quest to unlock Pit of Saron.
Complete Pit of Saron to unlock Halls of Reflection.

Quest is available when you zone in.

I freaking love those instances. Their chained events are awesome, and to be lucky to do them with a random group all in order (the guys were pretty nice) was great.

Freaking running from the Lich King with Silvanas <3

Also, the one where the gnomes? story is discovered, sounds great, still haven't finished fully :(

Eric WK

itxaka said:
Freaking running from the Lich King with Silvanas <3

If you ever want to get kicked from a group for some reason, spamming "THERE'S THE LICH KING! GET HIM!!!" in Party chat during this encounter works wonders.

C.Dark.DN

Banned
notworksafe said:
5000 is a good number to have for getting into ICC PUGs, if that's what you mean.

Otherwise for just being able to do well with your guild (I assume you're a tank) you just need 540 def (obv), ~38k hp, over 20% dodge, and be pretty close to the hitcap. This of course depends on your class.
All the pugs On mal'ganis seems to want 5.5. I'm 5.1. Unholy dps.

Eric WK

DeathNote said:
All the pugs On mal'ganis seems to want 5.5. I'm 5.1. Unholy dps.

Yeah, the PUGs on Mal'Ganis don't want to let you in if you actually need gear from the raid you're running. Go figure.

Calantus

Eh i just lie about my gear score, i have 4800 GS on my rogue who only has pvp gear and a couple icecrown 5 man daggers. They never check.

C.Dark.DN

Banned
Played around a bit and tank queue is instant vs 15 minutes for dps...

Thinking about learning to tank in heroics since I know all the boss fights.

How are these non-enchanted specs on death knight?

4436GS, 511 defense, 15.5% dodge, 16% parry, ,13676 armor, 266 hit, 26/26 expertise.

Ashodin

DeathNote said:
Played around a bit and tank queue is instant vs 15 minutes for dps...

Thinking about learning to tank in heroics since I know all the boss fights.

How are these non-enchanted specs on death knight?

4436GS, 511 defense, 15.5% dodge, 16% parry, ,13676 armor, 266 hit, 26/26 expertise.
I've been doing it so I can pull all the trash and farm for the battered hilt.

Bisnic

Really Really Exciting Member!
DeathNote said:
edit

It'd be awesome to have, but I think I'd sell it.

Yeah, either you sell it for 9k-10k gold, or use it for a weapon you will change once you hit lvl 82 or something in a few months.

I'll take the 10k gold thank you.

Flib

dk tanking is the least fun for me, but tanking is my favorite part of the game by far.

just be ready once you get up to 540 defense to take a lot of heat from other players, mainly (as someone mentioned before) because dk's take spiky damage, and at low levels it can be a little hectic. make sure you roll your cooldowns efficiently, and spec to frost so you have a bit more aoe damage (if you tank raids, switch to blood)

Flib

I sold a battered hilt right after 3.3 dropped for 15k gold. I would probably do the quest for the next one, but haven't seen one drop again.

C.Dark.DN

Banned
20,000 gold limit seems really low for the 80 paid transfer limit. everyone 20k-200k+ is stuck? chances are they are in a successful guild with a nice economy tho.

CassSept

DeathNote said:
20,000 gold limit seems really low for the 80 paid transfer limit. everyone 20k-200k is stuck? chances are they are in a successful guild with a nice economy tho.
With the gold inflation that happened since second half of TBC they should really increase (or just get rid of, but I know that's not going to happen) gold cap drastically. Right now I'm sitting on 24k g and I haven't done anything at all since I was around 17k (and I recently bought portable hole), this is ridiculous because the gold keeps on piling, flasks and potions get cheaper, so do all the mats. I'd invest in one of the gold sinks but they're too expensive, there needs to be something in between 1k-2k and 10k+ :/

C.Dark.DN

Banned
I got 10k, bought a mech-hog at 14k, and I only have jewelcrafting with no patterns. Just sold dragon's eye and other generic stuff. Haven't really played much during wotlk.

Dragon's Eye sold 100g the past year on average. That's 6 months to get to 20k oout of 2 years.

No way should you be trapped.

DeathNote said:
I got 10k, bought a mech-hog at 14k, and I only have jewelcrafting with no patterns. Just sold dragon's eye and other generic stuff. Haven't really played much during wotlk.

Dragon's Eye sold 100g the past year on average. That's 6 months to get to 20k oout of 2 years.

No way should you be trapped.

You can invest that gold in materials before server hopping, then resell it on your new server

C.Dark.DN

Banned
funkmastergeneral said:
You can invest that gold in materials before server hopping, then resell it on your new server
Maybe if you have like 50k and invest in 2 mech-hogs. But there are people with 200k and that's just too crazy for my blood.

Meteorain

Johnlenham said:

What GS do I need to get into Icc? kinda annoying how I can really upgrade any gear now for my tank via Hc and my server seems to be populated by morons who cant even get past beats in toc 10 ; ;

Pugs like to have 5.5k GS for the ICC runs, not that it means much.

I did ICC25 a week and a half ago in 3.9k GS with De-raged Waraxe on my UH DK. I hit 7k dps on Saurfang. The 30% buff makes everything so easy....yet people still fail.

TomServo

We've got two raid groups in my guild. Group 1 is the progression group, which I was part of from Naxx to ToGC. Lots of server firsts there. Group 2 isn't into progression, they're currently on ICC 11/12.

I don't want to raid progression anymore, but I've offered to run with group 2. Only thing is that I've told them I'll only be able to make two of their three raid nights. I completely understood when they said "no thanks".

So why do they ask me help every Monday night when no one shows up for their LK attempts? We've got a guild alt run on over the weekend that I do with many of my friends from Group 1, if you expect me to miss that to be available to help you on Monday night then you need to suck up my 2/3 attendance.

/rant off

mclem

Ho hum, the wheel o'24-hour-maintenance has finally clicked around to our server. On the bright side, that means I can actually take Wednesday off raiding without feeling any guilt!

On the less-bright side, since killing LK and working on 25-man heroics we're actually filling up reliably and making use of our entire raid schedule, which means we'll have to make some sacrifices to get a near-full week of raiding next week. I'm leaning towards saving time by skipping attempts on new heroic kills and hoping we can get through all the other content in ICC in the time available - we're not yet good enough that any heroic fight (bar Gunship, natch) is a guaranteed oneshot.

Tamanon

Banned
Huh, new direction for Inscription based on the new "beta build" up at MMO-Champ. Looks like they'll have ways of making recipes for other classes.

TomServo

Speaking of professions, I powerleveled my priest alt to 450 alchemy (dropped 450 mining), and it really seems like a great profession. Should have done that back when I was progression raiding on my warlock.

Sciz

CassSept said:
With the gold inflation that happened since second half of TBC they should really increase (or just get rid of, but I know that's not going to happen) gold cap drastically.
It's already at the limit for signed 32-bit integers. There are ways to extend the value, but I imagine they'd rather devote programming resources to problems that affect more than a minute portion of the playerbase.

mclem

Sciz said:
It's already at the limit for signed 32-bit integers. There are ways to extend the value, but I imagine they'd rather devote programming resources to problems that affect more than a minute portion of the playerbase.

Are resale costs calculated programatically (proportional to retail cost) or set per-item? It strikes me that a very easy solution would be to make a item purchased from vendors which costs (say) 10k gold which stacks nicely and can be resold for the full gold cost. Players can use that to convert gold into materials in bulk without a significant loss and without requiring too much of a code solution.

If they couldn't implement it with vendors due to the resale cost issues, they probably could using quests.

Edit: War Bonds!

CassSept

Sciz said:
I know that there is a limit (200-something k gold) but I've meant the amount of gold that you're able to take with yourself when migrating.

I stepped foot in to ICC (25m normal) for the first time last night with my new guild. I had a blast! I was definitely the least geared of anyone there at like 4.9 GS, but I managed to hold my own just fine. We downed the first 4 bosses without too much difficulty. I didn't snag any upgrades, but it was definitely a great experience. I haven't raided on a regular basis since 2006 and it's nice to be back!

Nervous for tonight, though. Guild 10m run starting on Rotface. Do you guys think my low GS could be an issue?

notworksafe

Nah, you'll be fine. Just read up on the bosses before you go and pay attention to your raid leader. And remember to have fun!

Thanks for the responses. I'm spending all my downtime at work researching the fights. Most of them don't seem overly stressful for melee DPS.

idlewild_

pyrealnova said:
Nervous for tonight, though. Guild 10m run starting on Rotface. Do you guys think my low GS could be an issue?

there is a guild that is 8/12 normal using only ilvl 200 blue gear. i'm not sure what that gs corresponds to as i don't use the addon, but it is completely unnecessary to have more than 232 epics for any normal mode fight with the 30% buff if you know the fights. that addon is not a bad tool in and of itself, but it is seriously blinding the general populace to reality.

on a completely different note, i'm really annoyed at trinket drops on my main. my hunter is STILL using the greatness card that i bought a month or two after wotlk came out. i've lost rolls on dv, dbw, etc. more times than i care to count...even my lock who's done icc 10/25 like a total of 5 times has h spyglass/dfo /cry

Ashodin

DeathNote said:
It'd be awesome to have, but I think I'd sell it.
I'm probably going to buy it off the AH, since it's hard to drop for me. (Haven't seen it often). I want to complete the quest for lore nerd purposes, and I'll not probably get an upgrade before Cata (nor would I want to after spending that money) - everything will get upgraded anyway when we level, so... shoot for something cool, get all the t10 pieces, and I'll be set!

Other thing I want to do is beat the Lich King.

C.Dark.DN

Banned
Maxrpg said:
I'm probably going to buy it off the AH, since it's hard to drop for me. (Haven't seen it often). I want to complete the quest for lore nerd purposes, and I'll not probably get an upgrade before Cata (nor would I want to after spending that money) - everything will get upgraded anyway when we level, so... shoot for something cool, get all the t10 pieces, and I'll be set!

Other thing I want to do is beat the Lich King.
If you are doing well with gold I don't see why not. Me? It'd take 80% of what I have.

traveler

Not Wario
Boub says a new build is being deployed- is this supposed to be the one with the large amount of content Blizz referred to?

notworksafe

I had thought this might be happening when Boub posted the Old World guild achievements and there was one for killing all the Old World bosses except Hakkar.

Shit, I just realized I better get the achievement for fishing up Gahz'ranka before it's too late!

notworksafe

Ooh really? That'd be awesome. For now it just looks like the Raid Instance is removed. I know STV is going to be two zones called Cape of Stranglethorn and Northern Stranglethorn so maybe it's just going to be non-instanced and added to one of those?

EDIT: Yep, it's going to be part of Northern Stranglethorn. http://www.wowwiki.com/Northern_Stranglethorn

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom