• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

World of Warcraft |OT2|

Status
Not open for further replies.

C.Dark.DN

Banned
evlcookie said:
If only you could train the Giraffes. Only because ausgaf's guild is called Giraffe and our hunters could use them :D
I was chain fearing some Giraffes in The Barrens on a low level warlock the other week. It didn't have the right run animation so it just scooted around up mountains sides and such. Oh god, hilarious.

notworksafe

DeathNote said:
Normal levels as in 1-15?

Silvermoon City is apart of the instance.

Outside is the best place for eggs during the XMAS holiday, on a DK and Pally you go there to buy mounts and will with all races after the new tabards, to explore the city in general, etc.

PTR automatically puts BE premades there.

Still never?
Why would I go to SMC? It's easily the worst city setup wise. DK and Pally don't go there to get mounts. DK is given a mount through a quest, and Paladin mount is trained. Also eggs aren't collected during the Christmas holiday.

There's really no reason to go there at all. Actually that's not true. I went there for ZA but took a flightpath so it didn't matter if I could fly or not.

Rapstah

Why did the Rexxar defending Org change all of a sudden? It was ?? level 660k HP Rexxar yesterday and today it's 80 elite 201k HP Rexxar. :lol

C.Dark.DN

Banned
notworksafe said:
Why would I go to SMC? It's easily the worst city setup wise. DK and Pally don't go there to get mounts. DK is given a mount through a quest, and Paladin mount is trained. Also eggs aren't collected during the Christmas holiday.

There's really no reason to go there at all. Actually that's not true. I went there for ZA but took a flightpath so it didn't matter if I could fly or not.
Why are you acting like they have no value to a DK or Pally?

Those 6-8 cheap mounts count toward the 50 mount and 100 mount achievements. They are also useful to have if you want to change things up a bit on a new cahracter before getting other mounts.

You're probably in the minority if you don't at least have them in your inventory.

Silvermoon sucks to run ground mount through yes. Flying wouldn't.

C.Dark.DN

Banned
Yes, you do need eggs for "Treats for Great-father Winter". Gingerbread Cookies. They and cold milk sell for a lot on AH.

As Horde I'd rather grind some easy Small Eggs outside Silvermoon City than buy on the AH.

...whoops, I hope nobody know my secret now...

A lot of mobs with 99-100% drop rate of eggs spawn there. Everywhere else is 50-70%.

They and cold milk sell for a ton on AH.

Milpool

Yay!

DCuRW.jpg

Bow is from Zul Gurub and my cape is white and looks longer than your average cloak or cape...

Now I need something else to do before cata, I wouldn't mind one of the multi-passenger mammoths but only have about 2k gold for some reason and the AH seems to have gone to shit.

notworksafe

DeathNote said:
Why are you acting like they have no value to a DK or Pally?

Those 6-8 cheap mounts count toward the 50 mount and 100 mount achievements. They are also useful to have if you want to change things up a bit on a new cahracter before getting other mounts.

You're probably in the minority if you don't at least have them in your inventory.

Silvermoon sucks to run ground mount through yes. Flying wouldn't.
So you're arguing the importance of flying in Silvermoon because there is a mount vendor.

Also the mount vendor isn't even in the city.

Either way, I'm just saying those areas are unimportant for most everything in the game and not having flying there barely matters.

Entropia

No One Remembers
Rapstah said:
Why did the Rexxar defending Org change all of a sudden? It was ?? level 660k HP Rexxar yesterday and today it's 80 elite 201k HP Rexxar. :lol

Hold the phone, Rexxar is in Org!?!? FFFFFFFFFFFFFFF.

webrunner

notworksafe said:
So you're arguing the importance of flying in Silvermoon because there is a mount vendor.

Either way, I'm just saying those areas are unimportant for most everything in the game and not having flying there barely matters.

It's.. uh.. a nice looking city? with good music?

I actually ported into Silvermoon a lot, but for the life of me I can't remember why i was doing it.

Edit: I remember now.. out of all the cities it's the one where the forge/anvil is closest to the mage port section. In undercity it's on the opposite side, Org it's in the middle of nowhere, and the less we talk about getting around thunder bluff the better. Although I hear they're fixing that for org in Cata?

notworksafe

webrunner said:
Edit: I remember now.. out of all the cities it's the one where the forge/anvil is closest to the mage port section. In undercity it's on the opposite side, Org it's in the middle of nowhere, and the less we talk about getting around thunder bluff the better. Although I hear they're fixing that for org in Cata?
Org already has a second forge. It's near the bank, right next to the hallway thing that leads out to the gates.

Gattsu25

Banned
Was browsing my email and *just* got a 'reset your world of warcraft password' email

I didn't initiate this. Hell, I haven't played a blizzard game in months.

ampere

Gattsu25 said:
Was browsing my email and *just* got a 'reset your world of warcraft password' email

I didn't initiate this. Hell, I haven't played a blizzard game in months.
Probably a phishing email, delete it and ignore it.

Sciz

So if anyone is feeling particularly ambitious once 4.0.3a hits, I found that if you water walk out far enough towards Vashj'ir there's a region where the fatigue meter resets before you enter the actual zone and get ported out. A whale shark patrols the area.

Sciz

Run west along the north coast of Dun Morogh from Wetlands, and set off towards the crag in the distance from the far western point. You'll hit the safe water not long before the fatigue meter would run out. I'm not certain that you can actually get close enough to pull it without going over into Vashj'ir waters, but it is visible.

Also, Gilneas is open to the public.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
Can anyone recommend me some power drinks that will keep me awake for approximately 4-5 days for Cata release please? I'm not very knowledgeable when it comes to them. I can normally handle 3 days without drinks, but this time I want to be certain my body will handle it without sleep.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
notworksafe said:
Sugar-free Red Bull is the best imo.
No sugar? I thought sugar = more hype?

notworksafe

More crash too. You'll be so tired when it wears off. 3-4 days is a lot though, man. Be careful.

I'm taking two paid vacation days off of work...so I can't say much.

Yoshichan

notworksafe said:
More crash too. You'll be so tired when it wears off. 3-4 days is a lot though, man. Be careful.
Ok so normal Red Bull = better start, worse later on. Sugar free Red Bull = Worse start, less crash later?
notworksafe said:
I'm taking two paid vacation days off of work...so I can't say much.
Wow! That's ridiculous, in a good way :lol

Yoshichan

rhfb said:
Why not just play 20 hours, sleep for 4? Much better plan than staying awake for 5 straight days.
If I go to bed after 20 hours, I'll without a single doubt sleep for 10 hours. With, or without an alarm clock. That's how my body works :/

notworksafe

Yoshichan said:
Ok so normal Red Bull = better start, worse later on. Sugar free Red Bull = Worse start, less crash later?
I don't know about worse start, just more even than sugary drinks. You'll be less jumpy, that's for sure. And you won't crash as hard after the drink wears off.

Yoshichan said:
Wow! That's ridiculous, in a good way :lol
Yeah I love my job. :D I believe J-rzez said he was doing something similar too.

Yoshichan

So how about WoW GAF having some kind of Teamspeak channel up during the releaseperiod of the game :D? Hardcore leveling while not having to alt tab for GAF would be full of <3

Yoshichan

MattPeters said:
Are you going for a realm first 85 Yoshi?
Only class realm first :)

Yoshichan

notworksafe said:
I own a Mumble server if anyone wants to get a chat going while leveling. Just PM me for the info if you are interested, I guess.
Yay! Thank you :D

Got Kingslayer today with a really smooth PuG, most of them had done the fight before, I had not, but they explained it nicely. Took a couple of attempts, I did help wipe the group the first time when me and one of the tanks fell off the collapsing edge :lol. Really cool fight. I also realized that people who say you need addons to raid are full of shit as I've been using the default UI all along.

Nice video at the end. "There must always be.. a Lich King." :lol

Yoshichan said:
Can anyone recommend me some power drinks that will keep me awake for approximately 4-5 days for Cata release please? I'm not very knowledgeable when it comes to them. I can normally handle 3 days without drinks, but this time I want to be certain my body will handle it without sleep.

Why would you do this :lol

Edit: I see, class realm first. That's insane, good luck.

C.Dark.DN

Banned
notworksafe said:

-Whether it's in the city, outside the city, or in Ghostlands is irrelevant. All of them are in the same instance. Which is why I brought up SMC to begin with since everyone was talking about lack of flying in Ghostlands and not caring about flying in the zone.

-There's ton of other zones that will allow flying that will also virtually have low flight traffic like SMC and surrounding areas. Poor argument.

In fact, a large part of the effort put into this expansion is based on giving low traffic zones flying that will remain low traffic for the people who can actually fly.

If you're going to stay up that long, for the love of god dont just down energy drinks. Drink some fruit juice/water/something healthy as well.

Yoshichan

MattPeters said:
If you're going to stay up that long, for the love of god dont just down energy drinks. Drink some fruit juice/water/something healthy as well.
I haven't really tried anything like this before, so all info is helpful.

Yoshichan

DeathNote said:
you can't sleep for a few hours?
Definitely not if I'm going for realm first.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom