• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

World of Warcraft |OT2|

Status
Not open for further replies.

Loam

So after all this time I finally decided to try out a death knight. Anyone have any suggestions build/talent wise for solo leveling?

Edit: I'm betting the patch hits next week. If it came out this week it would leave quite a bit of time before the expansion is released, which seems silly in my opinion. Not to mention the holiday event just started.

I think it will be this week as well. It's only 2 weeks before the expansion and it would give them a little room to fix any bugs they missed on the PTR.

I hope it doesn't though, I've been doing ZG for 17 months with nothing to show for it and I would nerd rage if all that time melting Thekals face was for nothing.

Loam

notworksafe said:
"Quite a bit" of time being 2 weeks?

Just my opinion. I was always under the assumption that Blizzard was only releasing the shattering patch early to avoid any launch day catastrophe. Not to mention what would you do? Sure the world is now changed but you cant access any of the new content till Cata comes out. You could try a new race/class combo but two weeks isn't really enough time to level a character sufficiently. If the decision was up to me I would try to keep the patch and release as close together as possible.

notworksafe

Two weeks gives them time to get people to start up on the trial or resubscribe right away. Then those people can get hooked on new content and start buying up the expansions or the new Battle Chest.

The new world patch isn't for people who are already playing. It's for those that quit or haven't yet started.

Plus why leave zero patch days before the release of your expansion when releasing the biggest content patch in the history of the game?

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
Wren said:
Just my opinion. I was always under the assumption that Blizzard was only releasing the shattering patch early to avoid any launch day catastrophe. Not to mention what would you do? Sure the world is now changed but you cant access any of the new content till Cata comes out. You could try a new race/class combo but two weeks isn't really enough time to level a character sufficiently. If the decision was up to me I would try to keep the patch and release as close together as possible.
What do you mean, "what would you do?" The old world revamp IS new content and it doesn't require the expansion to access it.

vilmer_

scoobs said:
noooo! Didn't get the ZG mounts today :( Oh well, there goes my chance at riding a sweet ass tiger.

I have one more try. Going to do it later with a couple of friends. Pleasssssee drop!!

Sciz

Wren said:
Not to mention what would you do? Sure the world is now changed but you cant access any of the new content till Cata comes out.
The world changing is new content. For people who aren't rolling new characters, there's hours upon hours of entertainment in sightseeing alone, never mind how much there is for the rerollers.

Retro

Entropia said:
Most people are hoping its gonna be this week.

Fixed that for ya. I count myself among them, this invasion crap was old after the hour it took to get the achievement and tell that the bosses were pointless.

Deathwing... laziest fucking dragon ever.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
Retro said:
Fixed that for ya. I count myself among them, this invasion crap was old after the hour it took to get the achievement and tell that the bosses were pointless.

Deathwing... laziest fucking dragon ever.
Given how much Blizzard loves dragon rape, I give it 1 content patch before Alexstraza gets raped again.

Angry Grimace

funkmastergeneral said:
Human form? Count me interested!
Seriously, just look at the Dragonflight lore. There's enough dragonrape to assume someone in the Blizzard lore department has a serious issue.

Loam

notworksafe said:
Two weeks gives them time to get people to start up on the trial or resubscribe right away. Then those people can get hooked on new content and start buying up the expansions or the new Battle Chest.

The new world patch isn't for people who are already playing. It's for those that quit or haven't yet started.

Plus why leave zero patch days before the release of your expansion when releasing the biggest content patch in the history of the game?

How would giving somebody two weeks to try the new content get them hooked / motivate them to buy your expansion any more than one?

I thought the new world was for people who are already playing. The largest complaint with WoW is that its been the same content 1-60 for years now. Leveling new characters was tedious to all get out seeing as you've already done the same quests several times already. If you were a new player why would you even care if they re-did the entire Azeroth experience?

As for the patch I should have been more specific. If it were up to me I would release it as close to the expansion as possible while still following the same patch schedule they've always had. Which would put it at next Tuesday. That way you would have a week to iron out any bugs but the expansion would basically be out.

I don't work for Blizzard, so I have absolutely no idea what their reasoning is. Maybe they have some statistic that says two weeks is the perfect amount of time to hook new players and encounter missed bugs, and then the patch will end up releasing this Tuesday. Its just from my point of view I don't see it happening.

Edit: But yea, Deathknights anyone? I'm currently building unholy but there seems to be a bit more downtime then I anticipated. Is frost any better?

LowParry

So two weeks. New Warlock. Possible to get to 80 before Cata? I love my range but my guild is heavy on Mages and not so much on Warlocks.

Rapstah

CcrooK said:
So two weeks. New Warlock. Possible to get to 80 before Cata? I love my range but my guild is heavy on Mages and not so much on Warlocks.
I started a Shaman this I believe Wednesday, I only have one heirloom (so 110% XP) and I've been levelling Mining and Skinning. He's 43 today. I haven't played too much. Full heirlooms, no professions... probably, yeah.

Been playing on PTR all weekend and its a amazing, blizz really did a awesome job. I hope it comes tuesday so I can get a start on my troll druid.

CcrooK said:
lets just say without heirlooms and doing quests and 4 dungeons it took me 1 day and 10 hours play time to reach 60. Thats with the new content not old world.

Majine

Banned
Why can't achievements be specific to the account instead of each character, and have each achievement say what char (name, class, specc) took it? Is there any weakness or exploit Im not seeing?

I'm not getting the same collecting excitement when I have to do the same thing several times for every char.

Also, same for SC2 plz.

Majine said:
Why can't achievements be specific to the account instead of each character, and have each achievement say what char (name, class, specc) took it? Is there any weakness or exploit Im not seeing?
That would be great for the times you want to get in a raid but people check your achievements and kick you out or not invite at all :lol

Tamanon

Banned
Majine said:

I'm not getting the same collecting excitement when I have to do the same thing several times for every char.

Blizz has stated that they are looking into making achievements matched to Battle.net accounts instead of characters. I assume it's an issue when you start getting into alliance v horde ones, but then again it might be better for business since it would encourage someone to do all possible on both factions.

Majine

Banned
Tamanon said:
Blizz has stated that they are looking into making achievements matched to Battle.net accounts instead of characters. I assume it's an issue when you start getting into alliance v horde ones, but then again it might be better for business since it would encourage someone to do all possible on both factions.
Sweet. A Battle.net card that shows my WoW and SC2 score (seperately ofc)

C.Dark.DN

Banned
notworksafe said:
It's your computer's MAC and IP that is monitored to decide when you need to call. All it checks on your phone is that the number matches the phone number on your WoW account.
I used my land line number, so I guess the MAC on my phone was accepted

C.Dark.DN

Banned
One more ZG run. I got the tiger mount and raptor pet. The tiger is something I always wanted, It's just on a character I want to demote to unplayed alt.

They really need to let you sell your mounts to other chars or something.

C.Dark.DN

Banned
notworksafe said:
What? It matches phone number...I felt this was previously explained quite well.
You don't understand.

I was able to log into battle.net on my iphone through edge without needing to call in with my land line.

Sciz

Wren said:
I thought the new world was for people who are already playing. The largest complaint with WoW is that its been the same content 1-60 for years now. Leveling new characters was tedious to all get out seeing as you've already done the same quests several times already. If you were a new player why would you even care if they re-did the entire Azeroth experience?
New players should care because the revamped 1-60 is worlds better than the downright awful experience that's been dragging the entire game down and putting people off playing since 2004. Questing that isn't primarily "Collect X of drop Y from mob Z" combined with the game finally having something like a tutorial built in is great news for anyone trying it out for the first time.

notworksafe

DeathNote said:
You don't understand.

I was able to log into battle.net on my iphone through edge without needing to call in with my land line.
It only protects WoW logins. Hence being less secure than a normal authenticator.

C.Dark.DN

Banned
notworksafe said:
Point being?
That the IP address on the iPhone is a different state thro than normal activity.

So I'm asking if they remembered the MAC addreess of my iphone because in the past it was used as a mobile authenticator or perhaps because I logged into the mobile auction house once months ago on my iPhone.

C.Dark.DN

Banned
notworksafe said:
It only protects WoW logins. Hence being less secure than a normal authenticator.
"The Battle.net Dial-in Authenticator protects any World of Warcraft accounts attached to a Battle.net account, as well as Battle.net Account Management. "

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
Entropia said:
Go for it dude! It's not that bad. Just sacrifice sleep, plan out your quests, go with the flow, etc. :D

I got realm first shaman/draenei 80 on my realm. From launch night till Sat. Night at midnight, I had maybe... 10-15 hours of sleep.

An energy drink here and there is a good idea. I highly recommend that you - order in pizza, quick things you can microwave, etc. You don't wanna spend much time in the kitchen and its important that you eat to keep up your energy.
Thanks a bunch for the tips and hype :)!

notworksafe

If you check the WoW forums, you'll see people bitching about how the email and info on their accounts were changed. The hackers that made those changes were then unable to log in to the game because of the dial in authenticator.

So no, it doesn't protect websites. Just the game itself.

Yoshichan said:
Thanks a bunch for the tips and hype :)!
Just stay in my guild's Mumble server and we'll take turns yelling at you to wake you up if you fall asleep! :lol :lol

105qv54.jpg

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
notworksafe said:
Just stay in my guild's Mumble server and we'll take turns yelling at you to wake you up if you fall asleep! :lol :lol
Oh my God, I never thought of this :lol

Zomba13

So I'm doing the Netherwing quests (just over halfway through Honoured) and I need a Khorium Power Core which acording to WoWhead can be bought from Qiff in Area 52. I've checked the AH and not found any and I don't know anyone who could make one for me so I've been camping Qiff like all day checking every so often. Does he really sell them? Were they taken out from him in a patch? Am I just getting them yoinked from me during the time that WoW isn't the top window? I did get killed just now when it was down and the son of a bitch /sorry'd me (he could have just bought the fucking stuff without killing me). I'm just getting annoyed as I've managed to get everything else (even the 2 fel steel bars 80g from AH)
If I'm wasting my time then I just wont bother with that quest (and I think there's another one after it)

notworksafe

Zomba13 said:
So I'm doing the Netherwing quests (just over halfway through Honoured) and I need a Khorium Power Core which acording to WoWhead can be bought from Qiff in Area 52. I've checked the AH and not found any and I don't know anyone who could make one for me so I've been camping Qiff like all day checking every so often. Does he really sell them? Were they taken out from him in a patch? Am I just getting them yoinked from me during the time that WoW isn't the top window? I did get killed just now when it was down and the son of a bitch /sorry'd me (he could have just bought the fucking stuff without killing me). I'm just getting annoyed as I've managed to get everything else (even the 2 fel steel bars 80g from AH)
If I'm wasting my time then I just wont bother with that quest (and I think there's another one after it)
He doesn't have any on my server at moment, fwiw. Why not just buy the mats on the AH and tip someone in trade chat to make it for you?

webrunner

DeathNote said:
"The Battle.net Dial-in Authenticator protects any World of Warcraft accounts attached to a Battle.net account, as well as Battle.net Account Management. "

But it doesnt work with Starcraft?

Zomba13

notworksafe said:
He doesn't have any on my server at moment, fwiw. Why not just buy the mats on the AH and tip someone in trade chat to make it for you?
I did plan on doing that but there are also no mats on the AH (yay being on one of the lowest pop EU servers because that's where a friend of mine who gave me the trail is -.-)
I tried to have another look earlier but as soon as I logged into my AH mule character org was under attack and I couldn't be bothered to get a character to the undercity or silvermoon.

Tendo

My buddy wants to join me in cata and wants to make a Worgen. He only owns vanilla WoW though, never got BC or WotlK. My current belief is that he'd be fine with just cata until he hits 60, then he'd need bc, unless he wants to go to a BE or Dranaei zone. Am I wrong or am I missing something and he will need BC and WotlK to make a Worgen?

Tamanon

Banned
Tendo said:
My buddy wants to join me in cata and wants to make a Worgen. He only owns vanilla WoW though, never got BC or WotlK. My current belief is that he'd be fine with just cata until he hits 60, then he'd need bc, unless he wants to go to a BE or Dranaei zone. Am I wrong or am I missing something and he will need BC and WotlK to make a Worgen?

He'd be able to play a non-worgen to 60, but to open Cata-only content, you need the full suite.

Tendo

Tamanon said:
He'd be able to play a non-worgen to 60, but to open Cata-only content, you need the full suite.

Weaaaaaak. Well now he has incentive to go all the way through to 85 I spose haha. Thanks.

notworksafe

Just sounds like they started to put "be prepared" and changed their mind in the middle to "prepare yourself".

funkmastergeneral said:
How long is Blizzard going to milk these shitty invasions :lol
One more day, it seems.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom