• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

World of Warcraft |OT2|

Status
Not open for further replies.
notworksafe said:
Not in the slightest anymore.

I pvped a bit with a heroic bryn'toll on my enhance shammy for a little while, I would regularly get destroyed, but when windfury procced? Tons of damage.

However blizz has said 2hand enhancement is gone and never coming back. Just like shaman tanking.

C.Dark.DN

Banned
funkmastergeneral said:
I pvped a bit with a heroic bryn'toll on my enhance shammy for a little while, I would regularly get destroyed, but when windfury procced? Tons of damage.

However blizz has said 2hand enhancement is gone and never coming back. Just like shaman tanking.
What's playing enhancement and elemental like in pvp and pve? It's the only class I haven't touched.

DeathNote said:
What's playing enhancement and elemental like in pvp and pve? It's the only class I haven't touched.

Enhancement is not fun in PVP, for me at least. When I have my wolves up I'm a god, but when the wolves are down I'm cannon fodder.

Retro

McNei1y said:
Pretty much this. I have a lot of playing to do by this standard (75 hunter to get to 80, new characters and zones coming, etc) so I will be playing this for quite a bit... but I also play other games like Madden, Halo Reach, and Counter Strike.

Yeah, when WoW doesn't interest me, I play other stuff, Halo and the like. For example, since ICC came out and I've been utterly bored with it, I've gone back and beaten every Zelda I own (well, almost, I just started Link's Awakening and eventually I'll have to finish Wind Waker). If something else interests me more than WoW, I play that instead.

People who treat WoW as a lifestyle (or worse, a job) always amaze me. It's a game, not a way of life, and treating it as such always, always, always comes at the expense of other, healther things. All things in moderation, I say.

notworksafe said:
You're more than welcome to join us. And luckily for you we have a "hardcore" raid day with a set schedule and a strict team and a "casual" raid day with a policy of "Whoever shows up, goes". :D

Of course lately it's been tough to fill either for ICC so we just do old content at the moment. :lol This Saturday is Ony and BWL for the two people in our guild who are doing the Scepter quests.

See, I like going back and doing old stuff like that. I actually solo'd Ony back before they upgraded her (The original Quel'serrar is one of my most treasured items in my pretty-pretty-princess-dress-up-nerd-hoard), but I've never done all of BWL... I always wanted to get my hands on something like Ashkandi too.

I don't have a character over there, and I don't have the money to transfer, nor do I have the time to devote to getting one leveled up. But I appreciate the open invitation and I might roll something over there for shits and giggles. As long as it's fun, I'm down with it.

-NeoTB1-

I finally got that stingy bastard to drop his Deathcharger's Reins today. Yeah, I know it's not the hardest mount to obtain, but after 4 months of farming I am happy to put Stratholme behind me.

Pimpbaa

Someone shoot me, I did not know you could install ALL of WoW from the Lich King disc. Every time in reinstalled the game before, I would install all of the discs from the original game and Burning Crusade.

Cipherr

Pimpbaa said:
Someone shoot me, I did not know you could install ALL of WoW from the Lich King disc. Every time in reinstalled the game before, I would install all of the discs from the original game and Burning Crusade.

Sweet Jesus man...... Honestly this is the reason Im still going to go buy the disc instead of digitally downloading cata. I can always download it once I register my cd key. But I want the DVD for any fresh installs I might do in the future.

Chris R

Pimpbaa said:
:lol I just did the same thing last weekend. Good to know for the future reinstall though.

Sciz

DeathNote said:
Elemental PvE is more interesting than it used to be thanks to the new talents. You have to keep an eye on A. your lightning shield stacks, B. your lava burst cooldown, and C. your flame shock duration, and then cast accordingly. Elemental Overload is one of the best masteries as far as usefulness and fun factor go. Plus the spec can finally make use of searing totem, and doesn't have to aoe from melee range.

Elemental PvP is more or less like playing a mage with less defensive abilities and an "I AM GOING TO START KILLING YOU NOW, JUST SO YOU KNOW" approach to damage. Thunderstorm is of course a perennial favorite.

Enhancement PvE is essentially a "hit buttons when they light up" spec now compared to the GCD-locked mess it used to be, aside from maelstrom weapon procs. Having actual downtime while standing and auto-attacking still feels odd. Early instant ghost wolf is a huge plus for leveling, and the feral spirits are the most fun dps/healing/mobility cooldown in the game. As long as you aren't standing around hardcasting heals, you have infinite mana.

Enhancement PvP is mostly about running people down with ghost wolf and your six-second cooldown ranged instant root/snare, and infuriating healers via purge. Doesn't have the really obvious dps tell that elemental does, but subsequently is also very reliant on RNG to do any real damage. Pretty squishy. Not bad at chewing up frost mages though, for what it's worth.

erpg

GAF parliamentarian
Pimpbaa said:
Are you serious? HOURS OF MY LIFE, GONE.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
I was wondering how they'd do Loremaster after The Shattering, and looks like we who didn't get it will still be able to get it! + lots and lots of more achievements

Kalimdor Ashenvale Quests
Complete 70 quests in Ashenvale. 10
Kalimdor Ashenvale Quests
Complete 80 quests in Ashenvale. 10
Kalimdor Azshara Quests
Complete 100 quests in Azshara. 10
Kalimdor Bloodmyst Isle Quests
Complete 65 quests in Bloodmyst Isle. 10
Kalimdor Darkshore Quests
Complete 90 quests in Darkshore. 10
Kalimdor Desolace Quests
Complete 55 quests in Desolace. 10
Kalimdor Dustwallow Marsh Quests
Complete 60 quests in Dustwallow Marsh. 10
Kalimdor Dustwallow Marsh Quests
Complete 50 quests in Dustwallow Marsh. 10
Kalimdor Felwood Quests
Complete 55 quests in Felwood. 10
Kalimdor Feralas Quests
Complete 40 quests in Feralas. 10
Kalimdor Feralas Quests
Complete 45 quests in Feralas. 10
Kalimdor Northern Barrens Quests
Complete 70 quests in Northern Barrens. 10
Kalimdor Silithus Quests
Complete 19 quests in Silithus. 10
Kalimdor Stonetalon Mountains Quests
Complete 60 quests in Stonetalon Mountains. 10
Kalimdor Stonetalon Mountains Quests
Complete 40 quests in Stonetalon Mountains. 10
Kalimdor Southern Barrens Quests
Complete 50 quests in Southern Barrens. 10
Kalimdor Southern Barrens Quests
Complete 40 quests in Southern Barrens. 10
Kalimdor Tanaris Quests
Complete 40 quests in Tanaris. 10
Kalimdor Thousand Needles Quests
Complete 60 quests in Thousand Needles. 10
Kalimdor Un'Goro Crater Quests
Complete 45 quests in Un'Goro Crater. 10
Kalimdor Winterspring Quests
Complete 60 quests in Winterspring. 10
Kalimdor Loremaster of Kalimdor
Complete the Kalimdor quest achievements listed below. 10
Kalimdor Loremaster of Kalimdor
Complete the Kalimdor quest achievements listed below. 10
Eastern Kingdoms Arathi Highlands Quests
Complete 18 quests in Arathi Highlands. 10
Eastern Kingdoms Badlands Quests
Complete 35 quests in Badlands. 10
Eastern Kingdoms Blasted Lands Quests
Complete 35 quests in Blasted Lands. 10
Eastern Kingdoms Burning Steppes Quests
Complete 40 quests in Burning Steppes. 10
Eastern Kingdoms Cape of Stranglethorn Quests
Complete 60 quests in the Cape of Stranglethorn. 10
Eastern Kingdoms Duskwood Quests
Complete 45 quests in Duskwood. 10
Eastern Kingdoms Eastern Plaguelands Quests
Complete 70 quests in Eastern Plaguelands. 10
Eastern Kingdoms Ghostlands Quests
Complete 50 quests in Ghostlands. 10
Eastern Kingdoms Hillsbrad Foothills Quests
Complete 50 quests in Hillsbrad Foothills. 10
Eastern Kingdoms Hinterlands Quests
Complete 30 quests in the Hinterlands. 10
Eastern Kingdoms Loch Modan Quests
Complete 45 quests in Loch Modan. 10
Eastern Kingdoms Northern Stranglethorn Quests
Complete 50 quests in Northern Stranglethorn. 10
Eastern Kingdoms Redridge Mountains Quests
Complete 40 quests in Redridge Mountains. 10
Eastern Kingdoms Searing Gorge Quests
Complete 35 quests in Searing Gorge. 10
Eastern Kingdoms Silverpine Forest Quests
Complete 60 quests in Silverpine Forest. 10
Eastern Kingdoms Swamp of Sorrows Quests
Complete 25 quests in Swamp of Sorrows. 10
Eastern Kingdoms Western Plaguelands Quests
Complete 45 quests in Western Plaguelands. 10
Eastern Kingdoms Westfall Quests
Complete 35 quests in Westfall. 10
Eastern Kingdoms Wetlands Quests
Complete 40 quests in Wetlands. 10
Eastern Kingdoms Loremaster of Eastern Kingdoms
Complete the Eastern Kingdoms quest achievements listed below. 10
Eastern Kingdoms Loremaster of Eastern Kingdoms
Complete the Eastern Kingdoms quest achievements listed below. 10
Quests The Loremaster
Complete the quest achievements listed below.
Reward: Title & Loremaster's Colors 10
Quests The Loremaster
Complete the quest achievements listed below.
Reward: Title & Loremaster's Colors 10

400+ achievement points on The Shattering release, here I come :D

notworksafe

-NeoTB1- said:
I finally got that stingy bastard to drop his Deathcharger's Reins today. Yeah, I know it's not the hardest mount to obtain, but after 4 months of farming I am happy to put Stratholme behind me.
Congrats man! I gave up after three months on that mount. I just couldn't take it anymore! :lol

I haven't read anywhere on what the status of the Deathchargers mount is. Baron is being replaced, and the zone is becoming a lower level instance.

The only thing ive read about mounts is the blue post saying that ZG mounts where gone, and Invincible/Mimiron's Head were being changed to a droprate. No mention of the Deathcharger.

funkmastergeneral said:
Enhancement is not fun in PVP, for me at least. When I have my wolves up I'm a god, but when the wolves are down I'm cannon fodder.

Enhance pvp is better now than it has been for a long time. I can beat a lot of people 1v1 and in large groups i am quite good at sniping people.

I also find that i am quite good at dropping healers. As long as i am with 1 other DPS i can take down pretty much any healer (i can kill some healers by myself, obviously not pallies).

I find that my playstyle is much more careful and considered like playing a rogue. I really try hard to pick my targets and burn them straight down.

I prefer the way my enhance shammy used to feel in PVE but it's not to bad now. As long as our DPS is ok i won't mind (and it should be now that all our buffs can be found elsewhere so easily).

I actually am not enjoying my resto druid much at the moment. I think i am going to switch my druid to feral but my main will probably be my enhance shammy.

I think i am going to try out a different healer for cata.

Milpool

MattPeters said:
I haven't read anywhere on what the status of the Deathchargers mount is. Baron is being replaced, and the zone is becoming a lower level instance.

The only thing ive read about mounts is the blue post saying that ZG mounts where gone, and Invincible/Mimiron's Head were being changed to a droprate. No mention of the Deathcharger.

I remember reading it still drops from Barons replacement.

Deacan

9/10 NeoGAFfers don't understand statistics. The other 3/10 don't care.
At last my authenticator arrived after two weeks, just have to wait for Cataclysm to be released before I renew my sub.

-NeoTB1-

notworksafe said:
Congrats man! I gave up after three months on that mount. I just couldn't take it anymore! :lol

Heh, thanks. There were so many times I wanted to give up. I don't see how some people can farm these places for like a year and still not get it! Now that's determination.

Acidote

Well, I've been farming it here and there for months, and a few months ago I helped a friend who didn't kew how to get the key, so he could do what he had seen me doing several times at home. Right after that, he does his FIRST baron run and the mount drops. It was a good thing for me too. I learned a little bit about myself, I'm not as envious as I thought I was :lol

A few weeks later he ended his subscription with no intention to come back :p

Haven't played wow in a few years, what's this I read about enhance not being able to use two handers? That's sad if true. I was rocking an enhance shammy close to release when the arcanite reaper was the shit and everyone thought I was crazy :lol

Rapstah

elrechazao said:
Haven't played wow in a few years, what's this I read about enhance not being able to use two handers? That's sad if true. I was rocking an enhance shammy close to release when the arcanite reaper was the shit and everyone thought I was crazy :lol
They can, they just shouldn't.

notworksafe said:
Yeah, they are the equivalent of the melee Hunter now. You can kill things, but it's not the best way to play the class at all.
ahh ok. Memories of big 2h windfury procs one shotting cloth though....ahh well.

speedpop

Has problems recognising girls
What a time to get massive burnout from the game. No idea how it came about. Think I might leave Cataclysm till the new year.

KJTB

speedpop said:
What a time to get massive burnout from the game. No idea how it came about. Think I might leave Cataclysm till the new year.

I came back to the game a couple of weeks after quitting at the release of wrath and I'm already bored. I'm just going to hold out until cataclysm and hope that it sparks my interest again.

Cindres

Vied for a tag related to cocks, so here it is.
Pimpbaa said:

WHAT? WHY DID I INSTALL IT FROM EVERY DISC WHEN I PUT IT ON THE LAPTOP?

Fucking hell -.-

Does that mean i'll only need my Cata disc in future? So glad i pre ordered the disc again.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
MattPeters said:

Aurius Rivendare still has the mount.

Zek

Contempt For Challenge
I don't get it, how can the Blood Elf starting zone be flight disabled? What will happen if you fly over there?

They might as well just cut off that whole part of the continent because even fewer people will go to Silvermoon if you can't fly in/out.

Zek

Contempt For Challenge
notworksafe said:
You'll probably just be hanging out dismounted after the loading screen.
Yeah but there's a whole mountain range you should be able to fly over. I guess the whole thing will be an invisible wall or just warp you to the zone entrance, and there will be conspicuously low visibility across it? It just seems really silly that Blizzard couldn't be bothered to move those zones into Eastern Kingdoms proper when they're already renovating so much.

C.Dark.DN

Banned
Zek said:
Yeah but there's a whole mountain range you should be able to fly over. I guess the whole thing will be an invisible wall or just warp you to the zone entrance, and there will be conspicuously low visibility across it? It just seems really silly that Blizzard couldn't be bothered to move those zones into Eastern Kingdoms proper when they're already renovating so much.
Yeah. They modeled those zones in BC, so it shouldn't look weird in the air.

The only problem lies at the border between EPL and Ghostlands.

But whatever they do from Epl--> Ghostlands, they should be able to do the other way around.

Thus, flight being disabled is dumb.

Rapstah

Zek said:
Invisible wall from every direction, fog limiting view. The "old world" view of the Ghostlands is built further than before; the Deatholme Slaughter House is visible and some roads into the Ghostlands are built that aren't in the old world map at the moment, but that's all cosmetic.

The western invisible wall is before the Quel'Thalas tower, too, so you'll probably never visit that. The only way between BC Quel'Thalas and the old/new world is through the portal.

notworksafe

I could feign caring at the lack of flight...but then I think of the last time I went to that zone above the normal levels.

...yeah, never.

Rapstah

DeathNote said:
Yeah. They modeled those zones in BC, so it shouldn't look weird in the air.

The only problem lies at the border between EPL and Ghostlands.

But whatever they do from Epl--> Ghostlands, they should be able to do the other way around.

Thus, flight being disabled is dumb.
The Draenei islands are okay viewed from above, but Silvermoon in particular was not built with flying in mind... at all. It doesn't work out geometrically and that sadly goes for every single part of the zone too... Zul'Aman doesn't exist, there are loads of troll fortresses that are just a wall, etc.

EDIT: Hell, Silvermoon and Eversong Woods were probably built before flying was even a confirmed feature of the expansion. We're talking about AQ patch times here.

Ripclawe

Banned
What's in Patch 4.0.3a
Sammew posted an interesting list of the features you should and should not expect in Patch 4.0.3a on the official forums. Zarhym also jumped in, and announced a 20% reduction to the XP required to gain levels from 71 to 80.

What is not in:

* Creating worgen/goblin characters
* Worgen/Goblin start zones
* Archeology
* Professions past 450 (Illustrious Grand Master)
* Guild leveling
* Guild achievements
* Eastern Kingdoms/Kalimdor flight
* New Zones (80+)

What is in:

* Portals in Dalaran/Shattrath Removed
* Class trainers in Dalaran where portals once were
* New race-class combinations (excluding worgen/goblin)
* New Gnome/Troll starting areas
* Changes to existing zones
* New cata load screens
* New cata intro cinematic
* New cata login screen
* New music
* City Quartermasters, with rep tabards
* Bug fixes
* Class balancing
* Druids, paladins, priests, and shaman will have their talent trees reset
* Experience required to gain levels 71 through 80 is being reduced by 20%
* New tamable hunter pets (Monkey, fox, dog, and beetle, as well as new skins for existing pet classes.)
Yah!!!!

Zek

Contempt For Challenge
Rapstah said:
The Draenei islands are okay viewed from above, but Silvermoon in particular was not built with flying in mind... at all. It doesn't work out geometrically and that sadly goes for every single part of the zone too... Zul'Aman doesn't exist, there are loads of troll fortresses that are just a wall, etc.

EDIT: Hell, Silvermoon and Eversong Woods were probably built before flying was even a confirmed feature of the expansion. We're talking about AQ patch times here.
If there's any part of the zone that's tricky from a flying perspective, just say Deathwing blew it up. Problem solved.

Rapstah

Zek said:
If there's any part of the zone that's tricky from a flying perspective, just say Deathwing blew it up. Problem solved.
Deathwing blew up the Blood Elf capital city, the instance Zul'Aman and the zone's entire east coast?

C.Dark.DN

Banned
notworksafe said:
I could feign caring at the lack of flight...but then I think of the last time I went to that zone above the normal levels.

...yeah, never.
Normal levels as in 1-15?

Silvermoon City is apart of the instance.

Outside is the best place for eggs during the XMAS holiday, on a DK and Pally you go there to buy mounts and will with all races after the new tabards, to explore the city in general, etc.

PTR automatically puts BE premades there.

Still never?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom