• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

World of Warcraft |OT2|

Status
Not open for further replies.

C.Dark.DN

Banned
can't say anything about staying awake, and you prob have a lot of things figured out, but:

-is org going to port to the new zones? might can do a bunch of ice crown dailies to turn in then hearth over.

-if you're on a pvp server, prob should have full pvp gear.

If any of you guys are going to create new characters when the update or Cata comes out, please let me know as I'd like to join you so you can help me level up, if you wouldn't mind.

Home

Yoshichan said:
Definitely not if I'm going for realm first.

As someone who powered through to 80 (not FOR the realm first but I came close anyways, something like 20-30th) if you plan on playing through the night on release day you probably won't need PvP gear, as you'll probably meet very few other players. Most people from my guild and on my server that got the game at midnight played for a couple hours to try out some things and really went at it the next day, which gives you a lot of time to seperate from the pack.

I've heard leveling in cata is fairly quick, sounds like we'll have an 85 on the first day, so I'd say sleep @ 6pm monday night with your character logged @ the fastest way to hyjal (I hear there's a teleporter?) and just stay up until it's done. :D

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
I'm on PvE server :)

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
MattPeters said:
What class are you going to be playing as Yoshi?
Druid :D

McNei1y

If anyone is rerolling when the Shattering is happening, 2 friends and I are creating horde on Mannoroth. The more the merrier. It is basically "rerolling" because we have alliance there but I may bring an 80 warlock over to feed money. It would be cool to roll with more people and make a guild or something so if you are interested, PM me or post here. If not, its whatever. It should be a good time though.

CcrooK said:
So me and two of my friends were currently 3 manning BT. Damn server had to reset. :lol

My friend and I were 2m MC when that damn server reset got us.

We got Sharrah down with less that 10s left. Good times :lol

J-Rzez

notworksafe said:
Yeah I love my job. :D I believe J-rzez said he was doing something similar too.

Yep, 2 PT days. If I take it off on release day, I'll have to work one day before the end of the week. If I take it off the day following release day and work until 3:15pm of release day, I'll be off for 5 days in a row. But I kinda want to be there at zero hour when it goes live.

C.Dark.DN

Banned
dial in auth:

-My iphone that had the mobile auth on it and that I've logged into the auction house months ago on can log in battle.net through EDGE without needing to call.

So, I'm unsure about this security method.

Why does it accept my iphone? Does it remembers the MAC address of the iPhone? Gmail says my EDGE IP is in a different state.

mclem

Yoshichan said:
I was wondering how they'd do Loremaster after The Shattering, and looks like we who didn't get it will still be able to get it! + lots and lots of more achievements

400+ achievement points on The Shattering release, here I come :D

The thought has crossed my mind that there's a fair chance I'll have Loremaster (Because, well, I already *have* it), *without* having all of the region achievements (I'm aware I'm low on Barrens ones, for instance). That'll be a bit weird. Unless they're going to assume that if you have Loremaster you automatically have all subachievements on the way to it.

Entropia

No One Remembers
Yoshichan said:
Definitely not if I'm going for realm first.

Go for it dude! It's not that bad. Just sacrifice sleep, plan out your quests, go with the flow, etc. :D

I got realm first shaman/draenei 80 on my realm. From launch night till Sat. Night at midnight, I had maybe... 10-15 hours of sleep.

An energy drink here and there is a good idea. I highly recommend that you - order in pizza, quick things you can microwave, etc. You don't wanna spend much time in the kitchen and its important that you eat to keep up your energy.

notworksafe

DeathNote said:
dial in auth:

-My iphone that had the mobile auth on it and that I've logged into the auction house months ago on can log in battle.net through EDGE without needing to call.

So, I'm unsure about this security method.

Why does it accept my iphone? Does it remembers the MAC address of the iPhone? Gmail says my EDGE IP is in a different state.
It's your computer's MAC and IP that is monitored to decide when you need to call. All it checks on your phone is that the number matches the phone number on your WoW account.

J-Rzez said:
Yep, 2 PT days. If I take it off on release day, I'll have to work one day before the end of the week. If I take it off the day following release day and work until 3:15pm of release day, I'll be off for 5 days in a row. But I kinda want to be there at zero hour when it goes live.
Same here! If I took off Weds/Thurs I'd be off Weds-Mon, but I can't stand to miss the opening so I'll just work Thursday at the end of the week and get right back to WoW for the weekend. :lol

Cipherr

I'm not really feeling the new feel of the hunter class. I'm a hair away from making my mage my main. In fact the last few days Ive been grabbing things here and there on my mage to prep for leveling, so Ive probably already made that decision subconsciously.

The hunter dps is good, pet abilities are nice, but I dont like the new feel of the class and the way it plays. Its not that its not capable, I just dont enjoy the feel as much as I did the launch version.

I never would have guessed that would have happened but oh well. Nice to have 3 max leveled classes in ICC gear. I can just choose whichever I want.

Aesthet1c

So I swear I remember reading somewhere that they were removing the Glory of the Ulduar Raider drakes in 4.0.3a, so my guild has been cramming, trying to get the last few achievements done before monday. However, I decided to google it, and I can't find anywhere that they are being removed in the patch. Anyone know if it's getting removed or if it's staying?

notworksafe

They are staying into Cataclysm, but you no longer get automatic 310% flight speed from getting one. They took out the 310% speed bonus in 4.0.1.

Aesthet1c

notworksafe said:
They are staying into Cataclysm, but you no longer get automatic 310% flight speed from getting one. They took out the 310% speed bonus in 4.0.1.

Awesome, thanks. Looks like we still got some time after all. We steam rolled most of it, but firefighter sucks :(

ampere

notworksafe said:
I don't think this was confirmed, the removal of 310% from those mounts came out of the blue, I doubt the mounts will stay around when people can go back at 85.

Retro

Fuck fuck fuck, another day and no Cataclysm. I wish the end of the world would just get here already. The invasion has seriously worn out it's welcome too, I was doing a timed mission to Thunder Bluff and had to stand around for 20 minutes for the NPC to reappear.

Speaking of which, and this is completely useless information to just about everyone, but I went ahead and grabbed some names on Area 52. Started a Warrior to dick around with while waiting for Troll Druids and Tauren Paladins and joined up with Notworksafe's outfit. I'm not planning to transfer any characters over though, but most people will be leveling alts anyways.

So... I guess if you're on Area 52, say hi to Ord?

notworksafe

GC said that Invincible, Mim's Head, and Ulduar Mounts would be staying. I believe that he used the justification of the e-peen factor having already passed anyway.

http://forums.worldofwarcraft.com/thread.html?topicId=25578319313&sid=1&pageNo=2#26
This is all tentative and could change, but we don't really have a problem with protodrake farming. What we will probably do with really unusual mounts like Mimiron's Head and Invincible is make them a rare drop. The 100% drop rate won't make sense when you can overpower the content.

If you want to overpower the content for a drake though, go for it. Players who did it "legit" had the benefit of having the achievement and mount earlier than anyone else. The most prestigious mounts will change in Cataclysm.
Granted, he does say tentative but Blizz hasn't announced their removal like they would normally do if the mounts were going away.

EDIT: Hi Ord! :) Also if anyone else wants to hop on the Area 52 bandwagon, just make a toon and send a /w to Aurayouready. Make sure you are Horde side (aka best side!).

Cipherr

Does anyone know if theres still a way to force the game to increase the draw distance? Now that I have a machine that could handle it, less fog on the horizon would be great.

Retro

notworksafe said:
Hi Ord! :) Also if anyone else wants to hop on the Area 52 bandwagon, just make a toon and send a /w to Aurayouready. Make sure you are Horde side (aka best side!).

It would be nice to have an unofficial GAF guild, even if it's just for alts or something (which is probably all I'll do on A52 honestly).

Ran ZG on my main today, probably for the last time unless the raid reset comes in just before the world goes away. No tiger. I was hoping the Tiget Gods would favor me once before they were destroyed forever, but I guess not.

Oh well, I got the raptor out of there. That's more than a lot of people.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
There's a dead Whale Shark in 1000 Needles.

Puncture said:
Does anyone know if theres still a way to force the game to increase the draw distance? Now that I have a machine that could handle it, less fog on the horizon would be great.

Draw distance is a server side issue. The reason it doesn't get better is because the game wasn't designed with the idea you'd be flying over the terrain at 3x walking speed.

On the bright side, once the world gets Shattered, the view distance in Azeroth will be increased to Outland/Northrend levels (farclip 1250, the "ultra" setting) instead of the vanilla max that it's locked to now (777). You used to be able to force it further, up to around 1600 manually with a console command, but can't anymore since 4.0, qq.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
Sax Russel said:
On the bright side, once the world gets Shattered, the view distance in Azeroth will be increased to Outland/Northrend levels (farclip 1250, the "ultra" setting) instead of the vanilla max that it's locked to now (777). You used to be able to force it further, up to around 1600 manually with a console command, but can't anymore since 4.0, qq.
View distance doesn't necessary mean draw distance gets better. Sometimes it just makes it more obvious that the draw distance kinda sucks.

Just read up on Pilgrim's Bounty (this is the first time I've had an active sub during Thanksgiving).

I never bothered with Cooking on my priest but I might now since it looks like I can easily go 1-350 this week.

Angry Grimace

LaserBuddha said:
Just read up on Pilgrim's Bounty (this is the first time I've had an active sub during Thanksgiving).

I never bothered with Cooking on my priest but I might now since it looks liek I can easiluy go 1-350 this week.
That's why I stopped leveling cooking on my Hunter. There's no point if the T-day holiday is coming up since you get it all for free.

Angry Grimace said:
View distance doesn't necessary mean draw distance gets better. Sometimes it just makes it more obvious that the draw distance kinda sucks.

For terrain? You won't run into draw distance issues with terrain unless you're using a memory hack to completely eliminate fog and force it up to something equivalent of ~2400. If you mean objects and stuff, then yeah, but you run into issues with that really early =X

Angry Grimace

LaserBuddha said:
Think I'll have any issues doing it on a 51 hunter?
What? No it's just literally buying vendor goods from various capital cities. If you have some flight paths to each Capital, you can just buy all the stuff to get all the way to 350 in one swoop, although you'll cap out at 300 until you're high enough level to take 300+ skills

I know this isn't a Blizzard thread but man, I just have to say I am so impressed with their customer phone support. I have called a few times and though I had to wait an hour or so, they were NOTHING but helpful, personable, and empathetic to my concerns. Valve really could learn a thing or two from how Blizzard does support. Is this common for Blizzard support or was I just lucky?

Alex

Blizzard CS is amazing in general, in my personal experience. It sticks out like a sore thumb in a genre where customer service is usually in the gutter.

And what the fuck happened with Engineering while I was gone. All of the sudden Engineering has EVERYTHING. It's bonkers.

Won

Man, that patch needs to hit. Leveling through Northrend is so damn slow after blowing through the first 70 levels. :lol :(

Songbird

Prodigal Son
LovingSteam said:
If any of you guys are going to create new characters when the update or Cata comes out, please let me know as I'd like to join you so you can help me level up, if you wouldn't mind.
Hi, are you on the US servers? I'm joining at Cata too (did a trial a couple of weeks ago) but I'm in Europe. Biiig gap that should be removed IMO

Loxley

Alex said:
Blizzard CS is amazing in general, in my personal experience. It sticks out like a sore thumb in a genre where customer service is usually in the gutter.

Agreed, considering the shear amount of shit they must have to deal with on a daily basis makes them even more amazing imo; they're an incredibly well-oiled machine. When my account was hacked almost two years and I lost damn near everything (including my 115+ days-played Paladin) I made the usual petition and within probably eight hours of filing the report I had all of my characters and gear back, I was amazed.

And what the fuck happened with Engineering while I was gone. All of the sudden Engineering has EVERYTHING. It's bonkers.

Ha, right there with you. I ~officially~ came back to WoW about a month ago after playing on and off with little interest over the last year, and was amazed at how much Blizz has improved Engineering. My decision to learn Engineering on my Paladin five years ago has finally been validated :lol

nataku

So is it looking likely that 4.0.3a is this Tuesday, or next?

I'm trying to decide if I should bother going after a few achievements or not. Anyone know what happens to the explorer achievement when the world changes?

Entropia

No One Remembers
nataku said:
So is it looking likely that 4.0.3a is this Tuesday, or next?

I'm trying to decide if I should bother going after a few achievements or not. Anyone know what happens to the explorer achievement when the world changes?

Most people are thinking its gonna be this week.

Cindres

Vied for a tag related to cocks, so here it is.
Could be this week, but a part of me sees it happening after Pilgrim's has ended. I dunno.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom