• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

World of Warcraft |OT2|

Status
Not open for further replies.

mclem

MattPeters said:
All their healing spells got nerfed. Lame, I like soloing stuff on my crappily geared DK.

I wonder if PotI was healing me when I took Seal of Insight healing. This may have made Magtheridon too difficult to solo again.

HildyB

funkmastergeneral said:
Meh, they released the game during the week of Thanksgiving too.

And this is why I think 4.0.3a goes out tomorrow on the Anniversary :) Exciting times... glad I got The Turkinator before all the re-rolls with new race/class combos...

-NeoTB1-

Rokam said:
He's just one of the rare Spirit Beasts. But on a high populated server (Proudmoore) I assume it's a bitch. I can't really speak much, I got my hunter all the rare pets in a matter of days, due to being a crappy server.

Nice. Are you Horde or Alliance? I play Horde on Proudmoore.

Bisnic

Really Really Exciting Member!
All these nerfs to Devastate & Shield Slam threat makes me cringe. There is even less chance i'll use the LFD for pugs with him now.

Loxley

And now I begin my last-minute quest to take desktop wallpaper-worthy screenshots of each zone in EK and Kalimdor as they were before The Shattering :lol

jersoc said:
I'm actually shocked they would do this during turkey week. I guess they are confident they will be no server issues or really hate their IT dept.
Thats what PTR is for, stress testings and bug testing.

lordmrw

Some much needed buffs to combat spec. I'm kind of anxious to see how much the increases will change things, more than likely I'll be waiting on EJ to see, I haven't felt like raiding in almost 3 months and I doubt that will change now.

Infinity

Even though Azeroth is in need of a reboot there are areas that I will really miss (in their original form).

Some include:

Ashenvale
Barrens
Mulgore

And a host of others...

Flib

Ashenvale's similar, aside from the Horde attacking everything and a giant volcano in the middle of the zone. And a new Horde base in the zoram strand.

edit: Mulgore has really hardly changed at all, aside from Caire being dead.

-NeoTB1-

In a strange way, I will miss the old Azshara. It was a shit zone to quest in, no doubt. But there was something enjoyable about running around out there and knowing that there was most likely no one else in the same zone. :lol

On the flip side, I am stoked to see what the Gobs have done to it. :D

Tamanon

Banned
As someone who used to run Molten Core, I hope Azshara is destroyed by a meteor. God I hated the run out there, especially whenever each stage of the quest required a weekly run out to that stupid island.

webrunner

Tamanon said:
As someone who used to run Molten Core, I hope Azshara is destroyed by a meteor. God I hated the run out there, especially whenever each stage of the quest required a weekly run out to that stupid island.

Replace "Meteor" with "Goblins" and it's pretty much the case.

Actually from what I hear Duke Hydraxis is gone too. So, yeah.

Question: with the goblin reshaping, is it easier to get between the two 'prongs' and the beach now?

Flib

webrunner said:
Replace "Meteor" with "Goblins" and it's pretty much the case.

Actually from what I hear Duke Hydraxis is gone too. So, yeah.

Question: with the goblin reshaping, is it easier to get between the two 'prongs' and the beach now?

There is a rocket highway which circles from one prong through the mainland to the other prong. There are different stops you can get off at along the way.

-NeoTB1- said:
In a strange way, I will miss the old Azshara. It was a shit zone to quest in, no doubt. But there was something enjoyable about running around out there and knowing that there was most likely no one else in the same zone. :lol

On the flip side, I am stoked to see what the Gobs have done to it. :D

I still have pleasant memories of Azshara. I farmed the demons out there quite a bit back in Vanilla to help offset the cost of raiding. It was probably the zone I spent the most time in, along with Silithus farming twilight cultists and summoning elementals.

Azshara was beautifully designed, just lacked content.

Tamanon said:

The only picture I have saved from vanilla WoW is actually of my run out to Azshara to get that stupid Aqual quintessence (Mid raid, no less)

dydewtf.jpg

webrunner

funkmastergeneral said:
I still have pleasant memories of Azshara. I farmed the demons out there quite a bit back in Vanilla to help offset the cost of raiding. It was probably the zone I spent the most time in, along with Silithus farming twilight cultists and summoning elementals.

Azshara was beautifully designed, just lacked content.

Beautifully designed maybe, but the dual-prong design, unclimbable cliffs, unmapped ramp points, and the main way down to the beach being naga-infested made actually getting around the zone an exercise in cursing developer malice.

Tamanon

Banned
BTW, if you have a sub-70 character hearthed in Dalaran, you might want to move them tonight, since the portals(except to Tanaris) are gone tomorrow.

McNei1y

Tamanon said:

Ugh, that was so fucking annoying.

Man, I really wish I had my old folder. I had so many awesome photos. The AQ event, random quest mobs, wall jumping into Hyjal and the crypt underneath Kara, my first raid on an enemy town (redridge. I thought running through Duskwood was one of the coolest things. I was level 18 at the time) So many awesome memories about vanilla and being a noob.

Flib

Btw, you guys were right about Sindragosa's voice. Jeez, wasn't even in there that long and it was annoying as shit.

Cindres

Vied for a tag related to cocks, so here it is.
FUCK YES BRING ON THE SHATTERING.

I can stick it to that girl in my guild who insisted she and her boyfriend knew insiders at blizz and it was coming out on the 6th.

Flib

Does anyone know if I can race-change my druid to troll tomorrow, or do we have to wait for Cata? I know the combo is in, just wondering if the race change will be available immediately.

notworksafe

mclem said:
...and nothing went wrong then, right?
Just not having enough servers. I remember reading a story about the WoW launch where Tigole was talking about servers. They said they had kept a year's supply of servers as backup for parts, but right away they had to put them all into use right away. :lol Even those guys had no idea how popular it would be.

EDIT: Here it is. http://pc.gamespy.com/pc/world-of-warcraft/1049264p1.html

Flib said:
Does anyone know if I can race-change my druid to troll tomorrow, or do we have to wait for Cata? I know the combo is in, just wondering if the race change will be available immediately.
I believe so. I'm changing my Paladin to Tauren ASAP!

EDIT: Or maybe not? http://blue.mmo-champion.com/topic/128962/race-change-question-still-unanswered

notworksafe

I'm not sure though, because you can race change on the PTR without issue. Maybe I'll just buy one tomorrow and save it until the 7th if I can't use it right away. It's only $25, right?

Maybe I should name change too...since it's included with the race change. But to what?

Flib

notworksafe said:
I'm not sure though, because you can race change on the PTR without issue. Maybe I'll just buy one tomorrow and save it until the 7th if I can't use it right away.

That's a thing from beta, they've been stress testing race changes.

mclem

Cindres said:
FUCK YES BRING ON THE SHATTERING.

I can stick it to that girl in my guild who insisted she and her boyfriend knew insiders at blizz and it was coming out on the 6th.

The 6th? That'd be impressive in Europe, then, where it would actually come out *after* Cataclysm.

Cipherr

TurtleSnatcher said:
Those patch notes legit?

Cause.. that shows Mages going back to 25% increase on Arcane/Fire via talent tree.. which is what it was when 4.0.1 came out.. but then nerfed to 10% (Though tooltips werent updated) just a few days after 4.0.1 came out..

so is it back to 25% now?

For arcane its losing like 30% combined on a full stack of blasts but gaining 15% from re-increase. And missles and barrage is gaining a further 5% each on top of the 15%. Will put more punch into missles and barrage and take some out of arcane blast. This will be very interesting.

Fire on the other hand just flat out seems likeits going to gain gain gain. And scorch is going to be a monster. Wow. Yeah......just wow.

Cindres

mclem said:
The 6th? That'd be impressive in Europe, then, where it would actually come out *after* Cataclysm.

Well she kept saying "It's gonna be the day before cata", and arguing the toss in trade chat.

Puncture said:
For arcane its losing like 30% combined on a full stack of blasts but gaining 15% from re-increase. And missles and barrage is gaining a further 5% each on top of the 15%. Will put more punch into missles and barrage and take some out of arcane blast. This will be very interesting.

Fire on the other hand just flat out seems likeits going to gain gain gain. And scorch is going to be a monster. Wow. Yeah......just wow.
Arcane mage here. I'm really excited that they beefed up missiles and barrage and especially happy about them reducing the cast time on blast. I would not call any of these changes a nerf. I found constant arcane blasting to be frustrating and boring, especially because in 5-mans most trash doesn't even stay alive for the full cast time so I usually use barrage and missiles quite a bit.

Question: Will we be able to train Flight Master's License when The Shattering™ happens?

Tamanon

Banned
The Lamonster said:
Arcane mage here. I'm really excited that they beefed up missiles and barrage and especially happy about them reducing the cast time on blast. I would not call any of these changes a nerf. I found constant arcane blasting to be frustrating and boring, especially because in 5-mans most trash doesn't even stay alive for the full cast time so I usually use barrage and missiles quite a bit.

Question: Will we be able to train Flight Master's License when The Shattering™ happens?

No, not until the release of Cataclysm.

Boken

Banned
The numbers are moot right now whether -0.1s cast time offsets the 10% bonus but one thing's for sure, -0.1s cast time means that ABlast spam is even more unsustainable... Especially with the massive hike in mana costs at 85. I hope frost becomes really viable (top 2?) because it looks real fun to dps with right now!

Bisnic

Really Really Exciting Member!
GhostRidah said:
mmo champion confirmed it.. and people make mistakes.

How dare a Blizzard's employee make a mistake?

Anyway, he was probably going to write "so be ready!" and delete it to "prepare yourself", but forgot to delete the "be". Or some shit like that.

Can't wait for tomorrow. Hopefully the high pop servers won't have crazy queues just for logging in.

ampere

I'm going to go ahead an pay for my race change now.

When I log in on Tuesday... I'll never have to be a space cow again. Dwarf time! :D

Bisnic said:
How dare a Blizzard's employee make a mistake?

Anyway, he was probably going to write "so be ready!" and delete it to "prepare yourself", but forgot to delete the "be". Or some shit like that.

Can't wait for tomorrow. Hopefully the high pop servers won't have crazy queues just for logging in.
Wouldn't be the WoW thread without someone being overly defensive about Blizzard. :lol

ciaossu said:
I'm going to go ahead an pay for my race change now.

When I log in on Tuesday... I'll never have to be a space cow again. Dwarf time! :D

According to the blue post in a notworksafe's post, you won't be a dwarf shaman until december 7th

C.Dark.DN

Banned
yeah i wanna shatter some shit with a deathwing sledge hammer

maybe a room full of those sugar candy lookin things people bought modeled after their characters

JoeMartin

SnakeswithLasers said:
Wouldn't be the WoW thread without someone being overly defensive about Blizzard. :lol

And you wouldn't be a douchebag if you weren't concerned with an honest typo.

But I guess that's two sides of the same coin.

C.Dark.DN

Banned
They are wanting to do retail events on Dec 6th. Costumes/Dance. :lol

There's specific locations but I wonder if people will do it at random places

Cindres

Did the elemental invasions (Phase 4) happen on monday night for EU? I seem to remember logging in one night and seeing all this shit, having logged in earlier that day.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom