• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

World of Warcraft |OT2|

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bisnic

Really Really Exciting Member!
SnakeswithLasers said:
Wouldn't be the WoW thread without someone being overly defensive about Blizzard. :lol

I'm not overly defensive about Blizzard. You just can't judge something like because of a simple typo. This kind of stuff happen everywhere.

Now, if it was some obvious engrish "you come here to buy cataclysm, you make sure you ready, so get weapons and spells like kill deathwing heroes or save azeroth of chaos", i would have agreed and laugh.

ampere

funkmastergeneral said:
According to the blue post in a notworksafe's post, you won't be a dwarf shaman until december 7th
From mmo-champion

World of Warcraft Client Patch 4.0.3a

The latest patch notes can always be found at http://www.wow-europe.com/en/patchnotes/

The latest test realm patch notes can always be found at http://www.wow-europe.com/en/info/un...testrealm.html

The Shattering of Azeroth
In the frigid wastes of Northrend, the final battle against the merciless Lich King ended in victory for Azeroth's defenders. Upon returning home, veterans of the unforgiving conflict against the Scourge were showered with praise for their valiant sacrifices, while the honorable dead were mourned. Yet as hope flared anew in the wake of the Lich King's fall, Azeroth's native elemental spirits grew confused and erratic, setting off a series of deadly natural disasters. Horde and Alliance leaders scrambled for clues about the troubling state of the world, but nothing could have prepared them for what was to come.

Without warning, the corrupted Dragon Aspect, Deathwing, erupted from the stone heart of Deepholm, the domain of earth within the Elemental Plane. Jagged fissures were torn across the earth, and monstrous waves pummeled coastal regions. From Thousand Needles to the Blasted Lands, the surface of Azeroth was reforged through violent upheavals. Now, the Horde and the Alliance must defend their homes against Deathwing and his minions, burdened by the unsettling fact that the world as they know it has changed... forever.

Azeroth Shattered
Deathwing's return has had an immeasurable impact throughout the Eastern Kingdoms and Kalimdor. Players will notice drastically altered terrain, thousands of new quests from levels 1-55, and updated level ranges for some zones to improve the questing flow.

New Race/Class Combinations
In the wake of a world on the brink of destruction, members of the Horde and Alliance have taken to new cultures and studies, mastering crafts previously foreign to them. Many existing playable races now have new class combinations. Check the official World of Warcraft: Cataclysm website for a breakdown of the new combinations.

It looks like this Tuesday will do it... obviously it's possible that it doesn't work out that way, but they're up on the PTR and the patch notes say it.

I'm officially really excited ^_^

webrunner

Without warning, the corrupted Dragon Aspect, Deathwing, erupted from the stone heart of Deepholm

Wasn't there like, a year of earthquakes and increasing elemental restlessness that could be considered "warning"

That post doesn't say anything about changing races, just that you can roll the new race/class combinations. The blue post specifically says you won't be able to change race until Cata.

ampere

funkmastergeneral said:
That post doesn't say anything about changing races, just that you can roll the new race/class combinations. The blue post specifically says you won't be able to change race until Cata.
I found the post you mentioned

notworksafe said:
Son of a...

The shattering is still cool... but there goes a lot of my excitement -_-. I guess December 7th is the big day for my Shaman.

JoeMartin said:
And you wouldn't be a douchebag if you weren't concerned with an honest typo.

But I guess that's two sides of the same coin.
Settle down man. What did I say that was so hurtful and attacking? I said, "Quite official" because a LOT of times fake shit that gets leaked as being "official" has stupid typos in it that you wouldn't expect from the company. As it turned out, this wasn't fake--but you are seriously overreacting about what I said. I'm not a Blizzard hater, I've been playing Warcraft since you had to build roads to connect your buildings (so probably since you were 5 years old), and I'm not a "I'm going to quit WoW over this and that" person, so chill out.

Loxley

Yay! I managed to take some shots of my favorite unused sunken ship & crew before they likely vanish after the patch tomorrow :D

For those who don't know, that ship and the crew are located in The Great Sea at what is essentially the southern-most part of Azshara's map. The ship and the crew inside were part of a quest that was removed from the game back in 2004, after WoW's initial beta was over. Six years later the ship and NPC's are still there. It's very hidden and not something you'd find unless you were looking for it. In fact the only way you could get to it up until Blizzard increased the under-water breathing time to 3 minutes was by either using a deep-dive helmet (the schematic for which, ironically, is sold by a Gnome vendor located nearby) or by Aquatic form.

DeathNote said:

2laa5g9_th.jpg

Manus

Their changing the cracked egg to make it hatch in 3 days now and a better chanc to get the green proto! Finally! I hope I can get it soon!

Rapstah

Loxley said:
Yay! I managed to take some shots of my favorite unused sunken ship & crew before they likely vanish after the patch tomorrow :D

For those who don't know, that ship and the crew are located in The Great Sea at what is essentially the southern-most part of Azshara's map. The ship and the crew inside were part of a quest that was removed from the game back in 2004, after WoW's initial beta was over. Six years later the ship and NPC's are still there. It's very hidden and not something you'd find unless you were looking for it. In fact the only way you could get to it up until Blizzard increased the under-water breathing time to 3 minutes was by either using a deep-dive helmet (the schematic for which, ironically, is sold by a Gnome vendor located nearby) or by Aquatic form.
The quest to kill (!) them was accidentally linkable on live servers in 1.12.1, presumably because someone renamed it to "<UNUSED>" and it sort of slipped into the patch. The quest IDs in question are 3382-3384, with 82 being the broken quest that's in the game and 83 and 84 being the unimplemented ones (it's impossible to tell what 84 is, it's just <UNUSED> and the objective is an unlinkable item). They should be linkable on all servers.

Loxley said:

That's pretty neat, I had no idea. Actually went and flew out there on the beta just now to look, the ship is still there, but no crew, qq.

SquirrelNuckle said:
Their changing the cracked egg to make it hatch in 3 days now and a better chanc to get the green proto! Finally! I hope I can get it soon!
Gah! My now un-main is the only one who has the rep for that. I'm sure with my luck he'll now get the drake and I'll be sad.

Milpool

No ZG mounts today =(

JOKE'S ON YOU RNG, I DIDN'T WANT ONE ANYWAY.

Actually I may have another chance since I'm in EU and the next reset is at 2am wed which is a few hours before the servers go down for maintenance I believe, but I'm not 100% sure.

webrunner

unimplemented content always intrigues me. bits and bobs forgotten by their creators, left alone for years.. all that Ashbringer business, the Erakanus thing, NPCs out in the middle of nowhere with no quests, partially-built subzones (like the unused tauren encampment on the south side of silithus at the edge of the water), early on you always wonder.. is this for something?

webrunner said:
unimplemented content always intrigues me. bits and bobs forgotten by their creators, left alone for years.. all that Ashbringer business, the Erakanus thing, NPCs out in the middle of nowhere with no quests, partially-built subzones (like the unused tauren encampment on the south side of silithus at the edge of the water), early on you always wonder.. is this for something?
It's basically a metaphor for real life.

stonehenge.jpg

evlcookie

but ever so delicious
I would have really loved if they told us what time the shattering was going to happen. Say at 8pm Wednesday local time for all servers so we can all be online to see deathwing pop out of no fucking where and start ripping shit up.

Logging on to see that it's started would be a tad disappointing.

Man, when people said the thanksgiving event was an easy 1-350 cooking they weren't lying.

1-280 takes about 30 minutes. 280-350 may take a little longer as you have to kill turkeys in Tirisfal (as horde), and it's a bit crowded, but I did the whole 1-350 in about an hour, maybe a bit more. Stand in Undercity, get to 180 or so. Fly to Org, get to 225. Fly to TB, get to 280. Go back to UC, get to 350.

Excko

evlcookie said:
I would have really loved if they told us what time the shattering was going to happen. Say at 8pm Wednesday local time for all servers so we can all be online to see deathwing pop out of no fucking where and start ripping shit up.

Logging on to see that it's started would be a tad disappointing.

I think it`s going to be once maintenance done, the shattering will have happened. We will see the shattering via the cinematic at the start of WoW.

evlcookie

but ever so delicious
Excko said:
I think it`s going to be once maintenance done, the shattering will have happened. We will see the shattering via the cinematic at the start of WoW.

Oh we are getting it via a cinematic? That's ok, but i wanted it to be a world event i guess :lol

Thousands of people at badlands (or is it blasted lands or neither, i can never remember) just standing around waiting for deathwing to rip through the earth and kill us all.

Flib

Perspicacity said:
Can someone spare a scroll of resurrection? I'm still undecided on Cata but I do want to see the shattering.

Sure, PM me your info.

edit: always faster than me on those, notworksafe *shakes fist*

kodt

Banned
evlcookie said:
Oh we are getting it via a cinematic? That's ok, but i wanted it to be a world event i guess :lol

Thousands of people at badlands (or is it blasted lands or neither, i can never remember) just standing around waiting for deathwing to rip through the earth and kill us all.

I think Deathwing is supposed to be flying around different zones and lighting stuff on fire.

notworksafe

fwiw only 2 of the 10 or so I've given out in the past few months ever got me a free month. :p

EDIT: Aren't you making the Shattering thread, Flib? Perfect place to whore your Scrolls! :lol

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
Boken said:
The numbers are moot right now whether -0.1s cast time offsets the 10% bonus but one thing's for sure, -0.1s cast time means that ABlast spam is even more unsustainable... Especially with the massive hike in mana costs at 85. I hope frost becomes really viable (top 2?) because it looks real fun to dps with right now!
The idea is that you actually can get a full AB stack. You had to stop at 3 on the beta

Trasher

I'm so mad I didn't have one of my friends use a scroll on my account when I just came back... I hadn't played in over a year. :(

C.Dark.DN

Banned
Trasher said:
I'm so mad I didn't have one of my friends use a scroll on my account when I just came back... I hadn't played in over a year. :(
unless you're on the fence, 10 days inst a big deal,. way more beneficial to the sender.

Garryk

Got my Turkinator achievement on my lunch break today. Now all I have to do is find an orc rogue.

I'm glad I got my DK to 80 before all the nerfs. Blood had crazy survivability as far as soloing group content. Now I need to get my tankadin to 80 before Cata drops. Reduced xp required will be sweet.

EDIT: No new race/class combo race changes until the 7th confirmed.

McNei1y

Garryk said:
Got my Turkinator achievement on my lunch break today. Now all I have to do is find an orc rogue.

I'm glad I got my DK to 80 before all the nerfs. Blood had crazy survivability as far as soloing group content. Now I need to get my tankadin to 80 before Cata drops. Reduced xp required will be sweet.

EDIT: No new race/class combo race changes until the 7th confirmed.

That doesn't confirm it. All it says is you can't race change your existing characters until Dec. 7th.. meaning you can't change your existing lvl 80 Blood Elf Paladin into a Tauren Paladin.

So, while you will be able to create, let's say, a dwarf shaman or a tauren paladin just after the shattering, you will be unable to change an existing character into any of the new race/class combinations using the Race Change service until Cataclysm is released.

Should this structure at all change, we'll be sure to let you know. :)

EDIT: wow, I misread your post :lol Hopefully people did as well and this post can actually help them. :D

Garryk

McNei1y said:
That doesn't confirm it. All it says is you can't race change your existing characters until Dec. 7th.. meaning you can't change your existing lvl 80 Blood Elf Paladin into a Tauren Paladin.

That's why I said race changes.

EDIT: Beaten ^^

Flib

notworksafe said:
fwiw only 2 of the 10 or so I've given out in the past few months ever got me a free month. :p

EDIT: Aren't you making the Shattering thread, Flib? Perfect place to whore your Scrolls! :lol

Unfortunately I've sort of dropped the ball on that. 14 hour days at work plus being out of town most of the weekend has messed me up (always a big work crunch before thanksgiving). Someone can throw one together if they want, or I can get it ready for later this week, when I actually have time to breathe.

AFKevin

Neo Member
Whats a good place for starting Prot Pallys? I'm looking for class information and possible talent specs to look into as i want to try something different besides being a Holy DK for the rest of my WoW career. Thanks guy.

moojito

Do any of you inscriptionatorisorists know when the ink trader in Dalaran will stop accepting ink of the sea? I can't imagine it would be when 4.03a lands, since there would be no way of getting the new stuff. I've heard it's still going to happen, though.

AFKevin said:
Whats a good place for starting Prot Pallys? I'm looking for class information and possible talent specs to look into as i want to try something different besides being a Holy DK for the rest of my WoW career. Thanks guy.

Righteous defense blog is a good prot pally site. I know the URL looks a bit dodgy, so you might want to google it to confirm. Pally tanking is awesome. DK tanking, not so much.

So my arcane mage just turned 50, and along with that comes Mirror Image.

Should I just always keep this in cooldown so I always have clones with me? What is the normal use for this spell?

My rotation usually goes like this:

Arcane Blast
Presence of Mind
Arcane Blast
Arcane Blast
Arcane Missiles
Arcane Barrage
(repeat)

notworksafe

Flib said:
Unfortunately I've sort of dropped the ball on that. 14 hour days at work plus being out of town most of the weekend has messed me up (always a big work crunch before thanksgiving). Someone can throw one together if they want, or I can get it ready for later this week, when I actually have time to breathe.
All good. I'll pop one up tonight or tomorrow.

Door2Dawn

Banned
Wow they shut down the beta? There are still a lot of problems with classes (hunters, ret paladins in perticular) that still needed to looked into. :/

I guess they can still make changes in the PTR?

Im looking forward to leveling again with the new content. Ive wanted a second healer for a long time, but couldnt stomach leveling. Always fizzled out in the 40s because id seen it all.

Macattk15

So me and my girlfriend are looking to start anew come Cata. I'll be a Warrior, she'll be a healer of sorts (most likely druid). Gonna be my 3rd level 80 warrior lol.

I was 11/12 Heroic Lich King before any of the buffs, the girlfriend didn't care to raid this expansion.

We're both awesome players, looking for a good Alliance guild.

Anyone know of any of these or belong to one! Preferably East or Central.

Tamanon

Banned
moojito said:
Do any of you inscriptionatorisorists know when the ink trader in Dalaran will stop accepting ink of the sea? I can't imagine it would be when 4.03a lands, since there would be no way of getting the new stuff. I've heard it's still going to happen, though.

Righteous defense blog is a good prot pally site. I know the URL looks a bit dodgy, so you might want to google it to confirm. Pally tanking is awesome. DK tanking, not so much.

Well, on the PTR, the Inscriptionist guy trades for DarkFallow Ink instead now. At least more lower level herbs should be available with the levelers.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom