• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

World of Warcraft |OT2|

Status
Not open for further replies.

Evlar

Banned
Where are the honor vendors located on the PTR? I've found a few of them in the old Champion's Hall but their selection is shit.

Brazil

Living in the shadow of Amaz
I love this game so much, and my latency is always around 500.

Imagine if I had the sub-100 latency you guys get. :lol

=(

Can't wait to lag like hell while leveling my Worgen.

markot

Banned
Infinity said:
This Thanksgiving event makes me want to level my cooking - especially if it's as easy as it sounds.
Its really easy, just have to buy mats from vendors in the major cities, can get it from 1-350ish easy. And you skip the outland stuff so its straight to the Northrend crap.

notworksafe

Macattk15 said:
So me and my girlfriend are looking to start anew come Cata. I'll be a Warrior, she'll be a healer of sorts (most likely druid). Gonna be my 3rd level 80 warrior lol.

I was 11/12 Heroic Lich King before any of the buffs, the girlfriend didn't care to raid this expansion.

We're both awesome players, looking for a good Alliance guild.

Anyone know of any of these or belong to one! Preferably East or Central.
Sure! I'm in a guild on Area 52 that's always looking for new people, and we have plenty of GAF people as well. Just send a /w to Aurayouready and I'll invite you.

EDIT: Alliance scum. Never mind. :D

speedpop

Has problems recognising girls
Infinity said:
This Thanksgiving event makes me want to level my cooking - especially if it's as easy as it sounds.
Pushing my cooking and fishing to 450 was the best thing I ever did.

The Lamonster said:
So my arcane mage just turned 50, and along with that comes Mirror Image.

Should I just always keep this in cooldown so I always have clones with me? What is the normal use for this spell?

My rotation usually goes like this:

Arcane Blast
Presence of Mind
Arcane Blast
Arcane Blast
Arcane Missiles
Arcane Barrage
Anybody have any Mirror Image tips/insight for me?

So I was walking around Auberdine shooting with Fraps to possibly make a tribute movie later on... when I ran out of HDD space.

So, will it be safe to remove the Cataclysm beta client now?

markot

Banned
Mirror image is good for extra dps, like bosses, but it is also really good at drawing aggro, for like elite quest mobs, the mobs generally go for the mirror images, and they have decent hp. Also good for confusing people in pvp.

markot said:
Mirror image is good for extra dps, like bosses, but it is also really good at drawing aggro, for like elite quest mobs, the mobs generally go for the mirror images, and they have decent hp. Also good for confusing people in pvp.
So for the extra dps, is it something I should use often and not just for bosses and dumping aggro?

I don't really play any PvP btw

markot

Banned
Well, only when you need the extra dps >.< most mobs die so quick. And you want to save it for bosses cause its just better to blow your cds on them rather then packs.

I dont use it much outside of bosses or elite mobs and crap.

speedpop

markot said:
They need an event that lets you lvl fishing easier.... it takes so long. Coupled with the boredom of it......
Watch a movie or three while you level it up. Once I hit 400, I basically did the dailies, tried to fish for Old Crafty in Orgrimmar now and again, and caught Glassfin Minnow in Crystalsong Forest whilst listening to Zora's Domain :lol

It's not too bad.

Rokam

The Lamonster said:
So for the extra dps, is it something I should use often and not just for bosses and dumping aggro?

I don't really play any PvP btw

If you're arcane, make a macro to use Arcane power, a trinket, and lastly Mirror Image. Pop it and enjoy.

Rokam said:
If you're arcane, make a macro to use Arcane power, a trinket, and lastly Mirror Image. Pop it and enjoy.
Is there a way to do that with one press? Because wouldn't I have to use

/cast sequence

and click the macro lots of times to cast all that?

Rokam

/use Talisman of Resurgence
/cast Arcane Power
/cast Mirror Image

That's my macro, works just fine. Obviously replace Talisman w/ whatever trinket you're using. All in one macro.

Bisnic

Really Really Exciting Member!
The Lamonster said:
Is there a way to do that with one press? Because wouldn't I have to use

/cast sequence

and click the macro lots of times to cast all that?

You can make a 1 button macro for multiple spells easily

Something like

/cast Mirror Image
/cast Arcane Power
/use *whatever name your trinket have*

I used to put Ivy Veins into my macro, but now its for frost mage only.

Garryk

I started playing WoW during BC so I'm kind of excited to see what the capital cities will be like now that they are the major hubs.

It will also be weird leveling an alt through Northrend and having a deserted Dalaran.

Also, won't Garrosh be ridiculously easy to kill for the Alliance since they are putting Grommash Hold right inside the front gate in Orgrimmar?

C.Dark.DN

Banned
Garryk said:
I started playing WoW during BC so I'm kind of excited to see what the capital cities will be like now that they are the major hubs.

It will also be weird leveling an alt through Northrend and having a deserted Dalaran.

Also, won't Garrosh be ridiculously easy to kill for the Alliance since they are putting Grommash Hold right inside the front gate in Orgrimmar?
org is pretty much the same for me. i went from a low populated horde server in vanilla/bc (2k) to a high populated one (30k).

Flib

Garryk said:

But all the horde hangs out right in front of that area, the resistance is going to be huge.

But everyone should get excited for the new Orgrimmar, so freaking impressive.

Delio

I've pretty much changed my mind on being a Warlock hah. Goblin is undecided cant wai for the shattering though. Have a Female Tauren all ready to be a Pally! I wouldnt mind leveling with some gaffers though.

Evlar

Banned
Garryk said:

They'll be held back for a while by 103 MILLION HP.

Hmmm... Messing around with the WoW app on iPhone and noticed that Guarded by the Light (Prot Pally) doesn't have the wording that overhealing translates into a protective shield anymore...

Didn't see that change documented, but that's pretty big (for me at least) if true. I've found that in leveling and dungeon running from up to 70 (where I am now) it is a HUUUUGE help. But it also is quite overpowered for my level, since I regularly get free procs that can crit me for 14k HP--and at full health, that means I have a 14k shield which, considering I have 12k HP, is pretty damn tough. Questing it's pretty uber too--gather up 20 mobs at once and I have 20k+ health to play with before I need to heal again.

So I can understand if they're changing it, but it would make me sad. =)

Lolligag

speedpop said:
Watch a movie or three while you level it up. Once I hit 400, I basically did the dailies, tried to fish for Old Crafty in Orgrimmar now and again, and caught Glassfin Minnow in Crystalsong Forest whilst listening to Zora's Domain :lol

It's not too bad.
That just reminded me. Shouldn't the SW/Org fishing dailies be in with the shattering?

I normally leveled fishing when doing the Dalaran dailies. Fishing from schools always guaranteed you an actual catch, no matter your level and area.

speedpop

Lolligag said:
That just reminded me. Shouldn't the SW/Org fishing dailies be in with the shattering?

I normally leveled fishing when doing the Dalaran dailies. Fishing from schools always guaranteed you an actual catch, no matter your level and area.
No idea. When I was fiddling around with the PTR, I saw cooking dailies in Orgrimmar, so they're maybe in. It'd be stupid not to.

C.Dark.DN

Banned
HarryDemeanor said:
What the hell. They shut down the beta? No end of beta event?
I'm confused.

US:

"We will be shutting down our beta realms momentarily."

"Raids have been closed on the beta for a few days. We might have a focus test or two for a particular boss before Cataclysm goes live, but the unlimited raid testing phase is concluded."

Europe:

"And with that, the time has come to conclude the beta test. The beta realms are now closed. "

Retro

Delio said:
I've pretty much changed my mind on being a Warlock hah. Goblin is undecided cant wai for the shattering though. Have a Female Tauren all ready to be a Pally! I wouldnt mind leveling with some gaffers though.

Area 52 seems to be the place to be for GAFFers right now, and Hey, you're even the right faction for it.

SnakeswithLasers said:
Hmmm... Messing around with the WoW app on iPhone and noticed that Guarded by the Light (Prot Pally) doesn't have the wording that overhealing translates into a protective shield anymore...

I noticed that was gone too, and I'm a bit concerned too. It wasn't amazing, but it was useful and felt very Paladin-ish. I hope it hasn't been removed, or if so... finds its way back in on another effect.

Delio

Retro said:
Area 52 seems to be the place to be for GAFFers right now, and Hey, you're even the right faction for it.

Looks like that is the place to be. Cool just need the guild name or whatever so tommorow i can join in.

Kingbrave

Wow, trade chat and party chat aren't working for anyone I know on my server. The only chat that will work is /tell. Is this happening for anyone else?

Entropia

No One Remembers
Kingbrave said:
Wow, trade chat and party chat aren't working for anyone I know on my server. The only chat that will work is /tell. Is this happening for anyone else?

Someone has Gearscore.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
DeathNote said:
Area 52 is PVE? Meh. I want leveling world pvp.
World PvP literally just means getting ganked by 80s. I've encountered actual legitimate PvP like maybe once on a PvP server.

C.Dark.DN

Banned
Angry Grimace said:
World PvP literally just means getting ganked by 80s. I've encountered actual legitimate PvP like maybe once on a PvP server.
In between low level pvp on a hopefully equal and active server, If I get ganked too much I'll hop on my 80 and corpse camp them, and both sides will recruit more 80's and low levels. Fun.

Same as it was when 60's ganked low levels and there was big battles with 60's and low at Southshore.

DeathNote said:
Area 52 is PVE? Meh. I want leveling world pvp.
In my experience, leveling "world pvp" has been dead since BC. I'd love to transfer off of my PVP server if it didn't cost me. Rare is the time when I see any ~5 levels PVP--it's normally just bored raid geared 80s ganking lowbies. Which isn't fun for me since I'm a perennial alt leveler.

I also never engaged in it anyway. I always go by "live and let live" and try to grind through those levels...

C.Dark.DN

Banned
SnakeswithLasers said:
In my experience, leveling "world pvp" has been dead since BC. I'd love to transfer off of my PVP server if it didn't cost me. Rare is the time when I see any ~5 levels PVP--it's normally just bored raid geared 80s ganking lowbies. Which isn't fun for me since I'm a perennial alt leveler.

I also never engaged in it anyway. I always go by "live and let live" and try to grind through those levels...
yes it has been dead since BC. now there's a huge push to level.

but i'm afraid choosing a server will be hard despite people saying all should be active.

i wish they had info on the amount of active players each level/server

you can still only see 50 people max in the /who right?

notworksafe

Delio said:
Looks like that is the place to be. Cool just need the guild name or whatever so tommorow i can join in.
We're <In Defense of the Genre>. Just send a /w to Aurayouready (me!) or Bonnietyler (also me!) and I'll invite you.

Lolligag

I always get a fair amount of equal level world PvP when I level my toons. The only places I will always get ganked are STV and Hellfire.

Un'goro and Tanaris is where most of the action happened. I'll definitely be hitting the contested areas for leveling in the hopes of getting that same amount, like Southern Barrens might be.

Speaking of world PVP though, I think my favorite was the time when my druid was my main (BC launch). People would try to gank me and it was just silly impossible to kill druids back then. Don't know if it is still true, but it used to just be loads of fun to have some rogue sneak up on you and then be able to turn the whole fight around from nearly zero health and destroy them with roots, heals and bear form.

And then I could rawrbomb. Ah, the good times.

Infinity

markot said:
Its really easy, just have to buy mats from vendors in the major cities, can get it from 1-350ish easy. And you skip the outland stuff so its straight to the Northrend crap.

Starting tonight - thanks for the tips.

Edit: Guess it would help if I had the patch first. :)

Door2Dawn

Banned
Wow they shut down the beta? There are still a lot of problems with classes (hunters, ret paladins in perticular) that still needed to looked into. :/

I guess they can still make changes in the PTR?

Rokam

Door2Dawn said:
Wow they shut down the beta? There are still a lot of problems with classes (hunters, ret paladins in perticular) that still needed to looked into. :/

I guess they can still make changes in the PTR?

Something to remember is internally blizzard I believe is usually 2 builds ahead when it comes to beta/ptr. Obviously there are still going to be problems, but well too bad for us.

I really hope the maintenance gets extended quite a bit tomorrow! I won't be till late :lol .

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom