• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

World of Warcraft |OT2|

Status
Not open for further replies.

-PXG-

Twig said:
Mounts used to be race-limited, but now I'm pretty sure every race can ride every mount available to their faction.

Well good, or else I'm getting Under City rep for nothing. Took me forever to find the tabard vendor.

C.Dark.DN

Banned
-PXG- said:
Two (maybe) dumb questions:

1) How much rep do I need to be considered "exalted"? Is it 12,000?

2) Are certain races prohibited from having specific mounts? For example: Can a Tauren ride a skeletal horse? I know that there are no limits and flying mounts. Did Blizzard patch this?
You need UC exalted to buy from the Brill vendor. At level 40 for 2,000 honor you can buy the he Red Skeletal Warhorse. The pvp version doesn't need rep.

Exalted
Revered 21,000
Honored 12,000

Friendly 6,000
Neutral 3,000
Unfriendly 3,000
Hostile 3,000
Hated 36,000

I'm assuming you need 33k

Einbroch said:
I'd agree with you...if anyone did exist. It's a ghost town from 68-78. I see maybe two other people in a zone with me. And half the time it's the other faction.

Good point.

Most things that force you to wait to start only to find out your group is awful just suck

Don't have the game push you along. Hop on that flying mount and do something else until the group is ready.

C.Dark.DN

Banned
KernelPanic said:
It's not about the amount of button presses it's the fact you have to keep recasting your buffs everytime you move.

Every other classes throws their buffs up and off they go until they wear off.

And now with Cataclysm the buffs themselves aren't anything unique anymore, but they have a unique penalty.

It's just annoying, the class itself I think is pretty fun.

Taking them off GCD would make things a little bit easier.
So you'd be OK with it if totems instead only did some kind of DPS from each of the 4 elements, like searing totem, and your buffs stayed for X amount of time? Same play style but now your argument is invalid because every class has to re-press DPS abilities each time they move. It'd be less diverse for each to do DPS tho.

It is about the amount of buttons IMO. Maybe it's annoying for some, but you're given a lot of room to manage them.

D

Deleted member 30609

Unconfirmed Member
far out, Nagrand is so damn gorgeous. damn.

It's a shame I probably won't spend long here. I want a taste of all the Outland zones before hitting 68, and I just ticked over to 66 so I'm probably only going to get half a bars XP in each zone from this point forth.

Well, it's not so much a shame because I'm starting to get a little tired of Outlands quest design, but I have enjoyed exploring this place.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
Hey Rez, sorry if you've already answered this but how does it feel going through 1-60's awesome quest design and then jump to Outland (and Wrath also)? I haven't tried it yet, it's gonna be entertaining to say the least when I finally decide to level up an alt.

D

Deleted member 30609

Unconfirmed Member
it's interesting. I mean, this is my first MMO experience, so everything was a bit new. A lot of people were warning me about the tedium of the Outlands stuff relative to the new 1-60 experience, so I went in bracing myself for the worse, but in the end it's been a fairly straightforward, if a little bumpy, ride.

Obviously there's a dramatic drop in quality as far as quest design originality, variety and larger-scale pacing (as in, how I'm funneled from each quest to the next) are concerned and I don't read many of the logs so there's been a drop in each zone's narrative too with the drop-off of phase-heavy storyline moments.

That being said, as this is my first WOW character, there is a lot of cool implied or imagined narrative moments for me. At the moment it's like I'm actually exploring some vast, more brutal uncharted bit of land relative to the all the stuff in Azeroth (I don't actually know why the Outlands are the Outlands, I assume it's another planet or a bit of planet teleported away or something, I don't really care because it's much cooler to just make it up as I explore the environment) and the less hand-holdy quest design is kind of enhancing that feeling.

But in the end it is a shame. I'd much rather be exploring these fantastically detailed zones (seriously, the looks of Zangermarsh, T Forest, Nagrand and even Hellfire are stunning) with the 2010-style heavily-directed quest design. It almost feels like these zones are being given a disservice in their current state. I don't see how Blizzard could justify a total rework of them, though. I wish they would, it would make alt leveling much more pleasant. I'd be fine replaying the 1-60 stuff again, but I have little to no desire to ever experience what I've completed in The Outlands more than once.

So tell me, how are the Northrend zones in relation to The Outlands and 1-60 Old World zones?

Flib

Northrend is significantly better quest-wise (very close / on-par to 1-60) and absolutely gorgeous, and then the Cata content is the best looks-wise and quest-wise.

also, if you're interested: http://www.wowpedia.org/Outland

WoW lore is sort of a rabbit hole, so click on any of the terms in that and you'll just get more and more backstory.

But basically, in Warcraft 1, the orcs came from Outland (which was a full planet) after being tricked by the Burning Legion, who are the big bad guys. They won, but in Warcraft 2 got pushed back, tried to escape, and the creation of so many portals ripped the planet apart. There is a fuckton more to that story, but that's the gist of the basics.

TheYanger

Northrend is very similar to the new 1-60 experience. Between outlands and that, probably closer to the new stuff. Northrend was where quest quality jumped a ton initially.

D

Deleted member 22576

Unconfirmed Member
Haven't actually played them, but I've read from numerous people that the cataclysm quest design is basically just an extension of what they did in Wraith.. so it should be alright.

On personal note, I've totally been enjoying your updates!

Ashodin

Rez said:
it's interesting. I mean, this is my first MMO experience, so everything was a bit new. A lot of people were warning me about the tedium of the Outlands stuff relative to the new 1-60 experience, so I went in bracing myself for the worse, but in the end it's been a fairly straightforward, if a little bumpy, ride.

Obviously there's a dramatic drop in quality as far as quest design originality, variety and larger-scale pacing (as in, how I'm funneled from each quest to the next) are concerned and I don't read many of the logs so there's been a drop in each zone's narrative too with the drop-off of phase-heavy storyline moments.

That being said, as this is my first WOW character, there is a lot of cool implied or imagined narrative moments for me. At the moment it's like I'm actually exploring some vast, more brutal uncharted bit of land relative to the all the stuff in Azeroth (I don't actually know why the Outlands are the Outlands, I assume it's another planet or a bit of planet teleported away or something, I don't really care because it's much cooler to just make it up as I explore the environment) and the less hand-holdy quest design is kind of enhancing that feeling.

But in the end it is a shame. I'd much rather be exploring these fantastically detailed zones (seriously, the looks of Zangermarsh, T Forest, Nagrand and even Hellfire are stunning) with the 2010-style heavily-directed quest design. It almost feels like these zones are being given a disservice in their current state. I don't see how Blizzard could justify a total rework of them, though. I wish they would, it would make alt leveling much more pleasant. I'd be fine replaying the 1-60 stuff again, but I have little to no desire to ever experience what I've completed in The Outlands more than once.

So tell me, how are the Northrend zones in relation to The Outlands and 1-60 Old World zones?
Northrend is what you're used to in Azeroth, albeit a little less on the storyline stuff. But it is where they started work on more interesting quest lines.

dimb

Bjergsen is the greatest midlane in the world
Rez said:
Markedly more awesome than the Outlands, and better than some of the new stuff, but I wouldn't say it comes close to the best of the new 1-60.

Scrow

Still Tagged Accordingly
TheYanger said:
Northrend is very similar to the new 1-60 experience. Between outlands and that, probably closer to the new stuff. Northrend was where quest quality jumped a ton initially.
it's because of the vehicle tech that came in with that expansion. it gave them the flexibility to provide more variety in their quest design. when those quests come up, it's like playing a whole new class. breaks up the monotony.

Anyone here done 25 man Cho'gall? We can't get him to p2 before a wave of 25 adds and it's making us be behind on the enrage timer. how many waves do you guys go through?

D

Deleted member 22576

Unconfirmed Member
Twig said:
Vehicles also do wonders to show the limitations of World of Warcraft's engine.
Bahaha, earlier today I was driving a box around a mine. It was so ridiculous.

D

Deleted member 30609

Unconfirmed Member
Thanks guys. I'll try and power-level through these next two to move onto Northrend soon.

Also, glad to hear some of you actually reading the mini-updates. I'm just using this thread as a thought-dump, when I realise most of the chat surrounding it is obviously much higher-level than me slowly learning about the Dungeon Finder and my Masochism Shadow Priest ability (if there's one thing Outlands has actually been good for, it's that it has made me really learn my class and character in a way 1-60 never required).

Jtwo said:
Bahaha, earlier today I was driving a box around a mine. It was so ridiculous.
the enemy's barks as you walk passed them were great.

I like how shonky the vehicle stuff can be. You can feel the engine creaking under it, but it's just so cool to see a team just going crazy with a an old engine. :lol

edit: oh wow, no more emoticons.

Scrow

Still Tagged Accordingly
Twig said:
limitations? i'm constantly blown away by what the engine is capable of. a huge, online, persistent, streaming (except between continents/instances) world, with beautiful visuals and an absolutely massive variety of gameplay.

of course there are limitations to the engine. there are limitations to all engines. but WoW's is one of the best out there.

i think your mistaking limitations of the genre for limitations of the engine though.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
Also, glad to hear some of you actually reading the mini-updates
I'm enjoying them immensely, just so you know :)

Twig said:
Mounts, heirloom gear.

Other than that, not really.

Wait, you can buy heirlooms with honor?

Scrow said:
and bleeds nerf. we're getting fucked in this "balance" patch.

I wasn't even having that much trouble with feral druids before. Now they won't even be a problem.

I'm just waiting for the big frost nerf. They are just dominating pvp right now, its just ridiculous. The thing is you can easily nerf them without it affecting their PvE performance.

water_wendi

Water is not wet!
Devolution said:
I can't get into a TB anymore, like ever. It's ridiculous.
Does your side control it a lot? i havent gone to TB since i got everything i needed from it but my friends say they rarely get into games now because Alli doesnt even bother attacking. Its like 10v10 in there lol

Macattk15 said:
Think I'm gonna start looking for a new guild soon.

Current guild is getting nowhere in raids ... only killed Magmaw in 10 man ... due to some INCREDIBLY shitty players.

I knew going from a hardcore top of the server progression guild to a old friends casual guild was gonna be a bad idea for me. It at least made me realize that I am not a casual raider.

Sort of in the same situation. People in the current guild are fun, but I think I knew it wasn't going to last. This week, both raids were cancelled due to people not showing up/being geared enough. Another week of no raids or not downing at least one boss aside from Argaloth in Baradin Hold and my app is definitely in for another guild.

Aside from that, I finally decided to equip my hurricane deck trinket today. Lost two points of mastery and had to balance a lot of stuff with reforging, but theoretically it should still be better. Did 11.8k or so on the dummy sustained, though my spec is a hybrid PvE/PvP spec at the moment. I'm lacking improved blood tap so there'll be times where I might just have to sit there and have nothing to do for a few seconds. I'm still gonna have a hell of a time replacing my Offline Greaves just because of the absurd amount of expertise on them - more than 5 points worth.

Knocked the 2s rating back up to just under 1500 today, so recovered from yesterday. Not doing too bad considering our comp is Frost DK/Shadow Priest. Sometimes the priest is disc, but we've been running him as shadow mainly since disc is weak right now. 3s team is the priest as disc and a feral druid, but he hasn't been around in a few days.

Dunlop

Our guild has hit a new low thanks to Omnotron. We downed Magmaw without issue, but just cant get on the same page for this damn boss.

We are all at a loss, we've raidied together for the last year and beaten all the higher level raids. This silly boss will be our undoing

lordmrw

borghe said:
Hardest heroics IMHO are stonecore, GB and SFK. The stonecore "nerf" I'm actually fine with, as part of stonecore's deal is just having to guess at shit (ozruk's ground slam and the stupid spiders' dust being the same color as the worm's dust). SFK the ashbury wasn't even THAT hard. Not as hard as trying to interrupt or burn down the two adds with the buffs on the third boss... uggh. or trying to do Godfrey without a dispel curse in the group (from what I hear). And GB isn't hard so much as there are a ton of mechanics you have to be aware of.. more so IMHO than any other heroic.

If you drag Commander Springvale(spelling?) to the fountain near the beginning he won't spawn anymore adds other than the two he starts with. This is easier if you have a feral druid or rogue in the group to do it. In my case I glyph sprint and bring him there, usually by the time I reach the doorway he's on me. It makes the entire fight against him trivial.

No45

Twig said:
Mounts used to be race-limited, but now I'm pretty sure every race can ride every mount available to their faction.
I couldn't buy a Wolf for my Troll at 20, wore the Org tabard and was exalted by 40. :)

Cyrillus

lordmrw said:
If you drag Commander Springvale(spelling?) to the fountain near the beginning he won't spawn anymore adds other than the two he starts with. This is easier if you have a feral druid or rogue in the group to do it. In my case I glyph sprint and bring him there, usually by the time I reach the doorway he's on me. It makes the entire fight against him trivial.

This is very true, and as a blood DK tank I pop a swiftness potion (which I have a few of courtesy of the fishing daily) to keep ahead of him. Works great.

Bisnic

Really Really Exciting Member!
There is an hilarious bug in Throne of Tides, where people can stand on the mount's head, where you can actually use your mount, like the "elevator" room.

Its even more funny when you're using the Running Wild "mount". Seeing a human standing on my worgen's head while im running on all 4 is hilarious. There was some good laughs on my guild's vent yesterday.

borghe

Loves the Greater Toronto Area
downed magmaw last night.. was a crazy easy fight given the makeup of the raid. guild leader specifically stacked range in the raid.. probably about 12 range, 2 tanks, 4 healers, 7 melee. basically range all stood right on the edge of the pit (melee), a hunter stayed in range, so every time pillar of fire was cast it would go where the hunter was. Then all range would slow and dps the worms.

took a couple pulls to get people to sit the fuck still. you basically have to be right up on magmaw to be considered melee. For some reason people would move out a little.. presumably when it says "his pincers are exposed" even though he could cast pillar then still. then had another problem where someone (never found out who) was jumping on his head and taking one of the designated spots.. then when the designated guy would try jumping on he'd be in range and would cause a pillar of flame into melee... yeah, that was bad.

anyway, once people planted their feet and concentrated on parasites we downed him the very next shot.

one stupid noob act on my part.. So one of the officers yelled at everyone to turn on nameplates for the worms. Believe it or not, that wasn't even the noob part. the noob part came in that it took me 2-3 spawns to realize you could CLICK ON the nameplate to target fast incoming parasites. Holy shit, not only did that make the magmaw encounter easier, but now stuff like omnitron will be stupid easy also.. (even though we already downed that in 25 on tuesday).

So our guild is now 3/12 in 25man (4/13 including Argaloth). Yay!

No45 said:
I couldn't buy a Wolf for my Troll at 20, wore the Org tabard and was exalted by 40. :)
how do race tabards work? I am already exalted with Org (Belf). But only abour 1/4 of the way through revered for the other races and only about halfway through honored for goblins.

lordmrw said:
about two weeks ago we had a total "dur dur" moment on springvale. guild group, all great guys.... and for the shit of it we couldn't get the guy down. laughably one-shotted the entire dungeon but could not get him down..... so two nights ago we got SFK as random and got to springvale and everyone asked if we should just skip and finish and come back. Well, we decided to give him a shot... wiped first time cause tank had a brain fart and we got blasted with purple flames. second attempt totally took him down with just the silly healer death from adds. anyway, I suggested the cheap strategy above and that you posted it I guess shows that it really works. Although probably nice to know for the achievement. Do you have to keep the first two alive for this to work or can you kill the first two, kite him to the fountain and then get the achievement?

Dunlop said:
Our guild has hit a new low thanks to Omnotron. We downed Magmaw without issue, but just cant get on the same page for this damn boss.
trick to omnitron is that there's really only one thing to worry about per boss (aside from the usual don't stand in shit). when arcanatron is up, interrupt (usually assigned). when magmaw is up, everyone run away from the laser (except the person targeted). When toxitron is up, slow/kill adds. when electron is up, whoever is sparkly run away. each boss except arcanatron will use their special only twice per rotation. once when the active boss and once when the OT boss. so toxitron for example, you have a set of adds during his active phase, and then you'll have another set of adds on his OT phase. then he'll shutdown. Once your group gets a handle on each boss' active and OT phase, the encounter honestly becomes trivial. honestly I think much of the trick of the fight is the sheer sensory overload of it. "Each boss has three abilities". Lots of stuff going on around. Two bosses at a time (with three for a few seconds). At first glance it's an overwhelming fight with tons of shit moving around. But once you realize that you are only looking at basically two things popping up every 30 seconds or so it becomes easy.

Twig said:
wow, I couldn't disagree more. WoW's engine is STILL arguably the most advanced MMORPG engine out there. Well, to be correct, their phasing engine is a bit behind Aion's, but mostly because of bugs.. not too bad considering it was totally bolted on. Once they fix the phasing bugs though WoW's engine seriously is still the most thoroughly complete (and thus advanced) MMORPG engine out there.

Bisnic

Speaking of phasing bugs.... i wish they could just fix the phasing issues with herb & mining nodes. There's nothing i hate more than flying around Twilight Highlands, noticing 2 Twilight Jasmines dots on my minimap, and seeing them disappear in front of my eyes because of some phasing shit. This problem wasn't in the Icecrown zone, and yet there was plenty of phasing in there...

Dunlop

borghe said:
trick to omnitron is that there's really only one thing to worry about per boss (aside from the usual don't stand in shit). when arcanatron is up, interrupt (usually assigned). when magmaw is up, everyone run away from the laser (except the person targeted). When toxitron is up, slow/kill adds. when electron is up, whoever is sparkly run away. each boss except arcanatron will use their special only twice per rotation. once when the active boss and once when the OT boss. so toxitron for example, you have a set of adds during his active phase, and then you'll have another set of adds on his OT phase. then he'll shutdown. Once your group gets a handle on each boss' active and OT phase, the encounter honestly becomes trivial. honestly I think much of the trick of the fight is the sheer sensory overload of it. "Each boss has three abilities". Lots of stuff going on around. Two bosses at a time (with three for a few seconds). At first glance it's an overwhelming fight with tons of shit moving around. But once you realize that you are only looking at basically two things popping up every 30 seconds or so it becomes easy.

thanks for the tips, I think our biggest problem was just general fustration and the downside of a 10 man guild.

Tuesday - 2 key roles had major latency (I was hitting 1300ms)

Wednesday - We are attempting to rotate some players into using their OS (so we are not forced to cancel raids in the event of a tank or healer not being present). There was massive problems with the interrupts as the players were not used to it.

Thursday - Everyone back in their normal roles. first 2 attempts went well, then people started making mistakes and it all went down hill

We were just at a loss, these are all good raiders, we have all watched the vids and read the strats and done bosses that are so much harder than this. Which makes the fustration worse.

Next week should be interesting. We are always rotating 2 players out each day (12 player roster) , I think we need to have the same 10 playing and only in their main role and get past this hump

borghe

Bisnic said:
Speaking of phasing bugs.... i wish they could just fix the phasing issues with herb & mining nodes. There's nothing i hate more than flying around Twilight Highlands, noticing 2 Twilight Jasmines dots on my minimap, and seeing them disappear in front of my eyes because of some phasing shit. This problem wasn't in the Icecrown zone, and yet there was plenty of phasing in there...
think it's just twilight. haven't had the problem in any other zone, but yeah, fishing pools always disappear from my map on the verantil river or whatever.

and I swear I am fireproof. Fourth time now that the sky has gone red, deathwing flies overhead and destroys everything and I haven't died. I am a fire mage after all.... seriously. four times of seeing the sky go red and thinking "I finally get the achievement!!!!!" and nope... still alive.

borghe

Dunlop said:
Next week should be interesting. We are always rotating 2 players out each day (12 player roster) , I think we need to have the same 10 playing and only in their main role and get past this hump
during progression, and this is only MHO, you should not be rotating out members on a boss if the current members are making progress. rotate them out based on the boss being worked on, not on attempts (or nights) on the same boss. once the boss is down, then rotate out like one key role and one dps/heal role per kill. to put it this way, our 10-man groups are set in stone. they're built to 11 to account for PLANNED absences, but our 10 man schedule is unmissable. Our 25 man raids are basically the hardcore raiders from the three 10 man groups, and then here is where the guild officers will usually try to rotate in 1-3 sideline players. So really, comparing this to the 10-mans, it would be like rotating in 1 person to the 10 mans.

again, this is just MHO, but for progress, you want the same guys pounding away at it. Once it's downed, then give everyone their fair turn on the boss and loot. but while you're still working on downing it, you definitely need guys seeing the thing over and over and over and over again to figure out those mistakes.

Really looking forward to 4.0.6 for the Hunter and Mage buffs. Anybody know when it should go live?
would be very surprised if it wasn't by the week after next or the one after that.

Bisnic

borghe said:
think it's just twilight. haven't had the problem in any other zone, but yeah, fishing pools always disappear from my map on the verantil river or whatever.

and I swear I am fireproof. Fourth time now that the sky has gone red, deathwing flies overhead and destroys everything and I haven't died. I am a fire mage after all.... seriously. four times of seeing the sky go red and thinking "I finally get the achievement!!!!!" and nope... still alive.

I've seen it in Uldum around that wannabe Hitler goblin camp while i was questing, no idea if its still there after you're done with the zone.

I've also seen it in Deepholm around the temple to the center, also while i was questing.

And in Hyjal, the east part of the zone with the Twilight camps, after you're done with the quests, i dont think you can pick or mine anything there, yet i see plenty of nodes on my map with Gatherer...

It's pretty bad yeah.

No45

borghe said:
how do race tabards work? I am already exalted with Org (Belf). But only abour 1/4 of the way through revered for the other races and only about halfway through honored for goblins.
You wear the tabard for the faction you want to gain rep with and wear it while doing dungeons. You then get extra rep per kill (15 per kill I think, not sure if that scales but I assume not as the rep requirement is a static amount) while in that dungeon - in fact any dungeon with a lot of trash mobs (there's an area in Uldaman that has a load of normal scorpid type mobs that you can gather and AoE down) should be great for grinding rep because, as far as I can tell, the rep gained is the same.

borghe said:
Obviously not as much of an issue due to zone level, but I had this with my UD warrior in Silverpine while levelling.

Bisnic

No45 said:
You wear the tabard for the faction you want to gain rep with and wear it while doing dungeons. You then get extra rep per kill (15 per kill I think, not sure if that scales but I assume not as the rep requirement is a static amount) while in that dungeon - in fact any dungeon with a lot of trash mobs (there's an area in Uldaman that has a load of normal scorpid type mobs that you can gather and AoE down) should be great for grinding rep because, as far as I can tell, the rep gained is the same.

Pretty sure you dont get the same amount of rep by doing SM as a 85 compared to someone who is the appropriate lvl. Unless they changed that again.

C.Dark.DN

Banned
Need some info on Blacksmithing and Enginering. :)

I just power leveled both to 425 on my Goblin Warrior. Took a lot of farming a 2k gold.

1. Any advice on Cataclysm leveling. Does the "Looking for Work" spam work well?

Engineering:
2.I see cogweel gems sold in Twilight Highlands that only fit 525 epic helms. Do you need rep to buy the gems?
3. Is the Jeeves pattern hard to get? I know it's hard to make.
4. I see the new Tinkers are introduced at level 425. Are any of the older Tinkers still viable to use? Do they stack with normal enchants?
5. Excluding Jeeves , Toolboxes, and the Mech-hog are there any must get old and new patterns through instance drops, vendor, and rep?

Blacksmithing:
6. I see 34 patterns in Twilight Highlands that are purchased with Elementium, Pyrium, and Hardened Elementium Bars. Do you need reputation to buy them? It looks like you just need to complete a quest chain to see the vendor?
7. As far as I can tell, I should only concern myself with those new vendor patterns?

Edit:
8. Are there still specializations? Like Goblin Engineer and Weaponsmithing?

borghe

Bisnic said:
Pretty sure you dont get the same amount of rep by doing SM as a 85 compared to someone who is the appropriate lvl. Unless they changed that again.
I just did Escape from Durnholde the other day and got 15 per kill.. (85 obviously).

god damn it............. I JUST FREAKING FARMED BRD YESTERDAY. ugghhh.. so I probably could have been revered with someone else?

fwiw, BRD seriously has to be close if the tabards work there for an 85. 21000/15=1400 kills. that's gotta be like 7 runs through BRD tops, and that's assuming you are at 1 point into revered.

webrunner

DeathNote said:
Need some info on Blacksmithing and Enginering. :)

I just power leveled both to 425 on my Goblin Warrior. Took a lot of farming a 2k gold.

1. Any advice on Cataclysm leveling. Does the "Looking for Work" spam work well?

Engineering:
2.I see cogweel gems sold in Twilight Highlands that only fit 525 epic helms. Do you need rep to buy the gems?
3. Is the Jeeves pattern hard to get? I know it's hard to make.
4. I see the new Tinkers are introduced at level 425. Are any of the older Tinkers still viable to use? Do they stack with normal enchants?
5. Excluding Jeeves , Toolboxes, and the Mech-hog are there any must get old and new patterns through instance drops, vendor, and rep?

Blacksmithing:
6. I see 34 patterns in Twilight Highlands that are purchased with Elementium, Pyrium, and Hardened Elementium Bars. Do you need reputation to buy them? It looks like you just need to complete a quest chain to see the vendor?
7. As far as I can tell, I should only concern myself with those new vendor patterns?

1. Just quest. You'll be 85 before you get through Uldum.

2. Cogwheels I think are straight trade items.. you make something (eg, jr engineer goggles) and trade them with the NPC for a cogwheel.

3. It's a rareish drop from engy-skinning high level northrend mechanical mobs. The best place is the library gnome guys in Storm Peaks, particularly if someone who isnt' an engineer is doing the quest there as you can skin their mobs too if nobnody in their group can do so. Should take about an hour.

4 They do now, they no longer have bonus stats. I couldnt tell you about viability though.

5.Well, you need to get the old Repair Bot plans (like the one in BRD) to make jeeves. Also, make sure you get all the teleports you can (there's one vanilla based on whether you're gnome/goblin, there's one in outland based on gnome/goblin, and one for northrend) Also, run BRD and Gnomer particularly for a few plans like the World Enlarger, two pets, and few other things. Also if you need Northend eternals still, make sure you do the quest in Zangarmarsh to get the mote extractor. Unfortunately there's no new Cata motes :/.

Oh, and if it's still there, if Engineers do the the Mechanical Yeti questline in Winterspring we get a schematic for a pet version (Tranquil Mechanical Yeti)

C.Dark.DN

Banned
webrunner said:
1. Just quest. You'll be 85 before you get through Uldum.

2. Cogwheels I think are straight trade items.. you make something (eg, jr engineer goggles) and trade them with the NPC for a cogwheel.

3. It's a rareish drop from engy-skinning high level northrend mechanical mobs. The best place is the library gnome guys in Storm Peaks, particularly if someone who isnt' an engineer is doing the quest there as you can skin their mobs too if nobnody in their group can do so. Should take about an hour.

4 They do now, they no longer have bonus stats. I couldnt tell you about viability though.

5.Well, you need to get the old Repair Bot plans (like the one in BRD) to make jeeves. Also, make sure you get all the teleports you can (there's one vanilla based on whether you're gnome/goblin, there's one in outland based on gnome/goblin, and one for northrend) Also, run BRD and Gnomer particularly for a few plans like the World Enlarger, two pets, and few other things. Also if you need Northend eternals still, make sure you do the quest in Zangarmarsh to get the mote extractor. Unfortunately there's no new Cata motes :/.

Oh, and if it's still there, if Engineers do the the Mechanical Yeti questline in Winterspring we get a schematic for a pet version (Tranquil Mechanical Yeti)
Awesome, thanks for the Engineering info.

Can you still specialize in Goblin or Gnomish and is there any reason to?

I wasn't a high enough level when I did that quest. Looks like I can go back and talk to her?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom