• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

World of Warcraft |OT2|

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hixx

Retro said:
Just wait until you head into Nagrand. Still the prettiest zone after all these years.

Quite easily. I was fishing on my Hunter yesterday in Uldum and Deepholm and really felt a pang for when I would just spend an hour or so flying around Nagrand fishing. Such a beautiful zone. The quests are a bit grindy but the visuals make them bearable imo.

Dunlop

krypt0nian said:
Taking root breaking away from druids is my last straw. It's been fine since Vanilla, but now it's OP?

I'm just about done again.

not current on PVP anymore but I would hardly say it was fine back in Vanilla, every WSG I could remember just involved giving a Druid the flag every single time.

I figured it was an even tradeoff as they were so fucking painful to level back then :D

moojito

I don't know what all that about shammies was up there ^^^ (or on the previous page, damn you posters). I jumped on my level 71 shammy the other day and was blown away by how quickly I was destroying stuff in howling fjord. Even those big elite tree dudes that I could not solo on my fully epicced out tbc druid tank were dropping like flies. Admittedly I had to whip out the wolves for them, but still. 2 minute cooldown!

No defensive abilities, someone said? What about that 1 minute cooldown thing that reduces damage taken by 10% ? Rockbiter weapon reducing by another 10%? Wolves healing you as they hit?

Anyhoo, I'm seriously digging the enhancement business at the moment.

Macattk15

Think I'm gonna start looking for a new guild soon.

Current guild is getting nowhere in raids ... only killed Magmaw in 10 man ... due to some INCREDIBLY shitty players.

I knew going from a hardcore top of the server progression guild to a old friends casual guild was gonna be a bad idea for me. It at least made me realize that I am not a casual raider.

Macattk15 said:
Think I'm gonna start looking for a new guild soon.

Current guild is getting nowhere in raids ... only killed Magmaw in 10 man ... due to some INCREDIBLY shitty players.

I knew going from a hardcore top of the server progression guild to a old friends casual guild was gonna be a bad idea for me. It at least made me realize that I am not a casual raider.

Went through the same situation with my guild and hopefully things are better now that we pretty much said "You guys want to raid? Start your own with the more casual players, we actually want to make progress." Sort of makes me feel like a dick, but I like doing everything with these guys except for raids and would hate to see a guild split happen.

I love my enhance shammy but I can't stand the totem mechanics.

The totem hotkey bars don't really help that much in dropping the totems you need, it's annoying to have to recall them when you need to move a few feet away. Not to mention something can aggro while you're fighting and it'll just destroy a totem or two before it attacks you.

Fortuneately the totems only lower downtime while solo'ing slightly so I never use them except when grouping.

It's about as annoying as when paladin buffs were only 5 minutes.

Macattk15

Evil Benius said:
Went through the same situation with my guild and hopefully things are better now that we pretty much said "You guys want to raid? Start your own with the more casual players, we actually want to make progress." Sort of makes me feel like a dick, but I like doing everything with these guys except for raids and would hate to see a guild split happen.

The raid leaders are just too nice in this guild. Making excuses for other people. I can only bitch to them so much.

There is an elemental shaman who comes on 25 mans .... I swear he has bought every single BoE epic one can buy off the AH .... does 7k DPS .... has his rings enchanted with Agility. He sounds like he is 84 years old and is just a horrible player ... yet the raid leaders will not replace him, they just hope others can carry him.

One of the holy priests on Omnitron ... we've had to of pulled this fucking encounter about 100 times combined over the nights .... never fails that he gets hit by one of the slimes 2-3 times a night ... I mean come the fuck on, take your blinders off. He gets a pass from the raid leaders cause he is a healer.

Sooooooo annoying.

Not to mention I top the damage charts almost always as a Fury Warrior .... beating the SV hunters even. It just shouldn't be that way.

Autoshot while moving. Holy carp.

I just got my Cenarion Expedition hippogryph on my hunter yesterday (totally stoked!), but now I'm not sure which is the bigger gift. :lol

C.Dark.DN

Banned
KernelPanic said:

The totem hotkey bars don't really help that much in dropping the totems you need, it's annoying to have to recall them when you need to move a few feet away. Not to mention something can aggro while you're fighting and it'll just destroy a totem or two before it attacks you.

Fortuneately the totems only lower downtime while solo'ing slightly so I never use them except when grouping.

On my warrior I press more buttons while leveling than my enhance shammon. No reason not to pre-pick the totems you want and drop and hit the button each time you move. You're not required to recall them yanno. I just re-drop over and over because I don't need the mana back.

KernelPanic said:

What about removing totems from GCD? Give them an internal CD to stop spam, but let me jump out of ghost wolf while dropping my totems and simultaneously lava lashing some poor bitch, rather than waiting for the second. It's not much at all really, but it would be a bit more convenient.

Hell, maybe they are off the GCD and I'm just not paying attention. :lol

Edit: For fun, I compared the button presses on my Arms Warrior (82) to my Shaman (63)--

Gap closer/travel to next enemy: Charge/Ghost wolf.

Open/debuff: Rend, totems

Priority attack 1: Colossus smash, Lava Lash
Priority attack 2: Mortal Strike, Earth Shock (and Stormstrike)

Reactive attack: Overpower (and Execute), Lightning Bolt (5xMW)

Heal: Victory Rush, Healing Surge

Actually pretty similar, except OP and Execute are guaranteed whereas your MW procs are not. And that makes a huge difference in what you're pressing. You also have the rage mechanic and when you're overflowing you might as well drop in some Heroic Strikes (if the target lives that long). I also prefer Victory Rush somewhat in a straight grinding scenario, because you aren't exactly wasting DPS to cast it, whereas if you need to heal with Healing Surge, you may be wasting MW stacks.

Dunlop said:
not current on PVP anymore but I would hardly say it was fine back in Vanilla, every WSG I could remember just involved giving a Druid the flag every single time.

I figured it was an even tradeoff as they were so fucking painful to level back then :D

Having an advantage in WSG was part of the rock-paper-scissors. And again it was fine for years. But now GC has a bug up his ass and has no idea what he wants. As usual.

krypt0nian said:
Having an advantage in WSG was part of the rock-paper-scissors. And again it was fine for years. But now GC has a bug up his ass and has no idea what he wants. As usual.
I wouldn't go that far, but I wonder if they'll just change it to, "Also breaks all movement impairing effects, this can happen no more than once every 15 seconds."

traveler

Not Wario
Retro said:
Just wait until you head into Nagrand. Still the prettiest zone after all these years.

Pre-70, sure, but I still think Grizzly Hills, Sholazar, and Howling Fjord look better. (And I would consider Dragonblight, Zul'Drak, Storm Peaks, and Icecrown to be more impressive, if not necessarily "prettier.") Vashj'ir is pretty amazing as well.

C.Dark.DN

Banned
SnakeswithLasers said:
What about removing totems from GCD? Give them an internal CD to stop spam, but let me jump out of ghost wolf while dropping my totems and simultaneously lava lashing some poor bitch, rather than waiting for the second. It's not much at all really, but it would be a bit more convenient.

Hell, maybe they are off the GCD and I'm just not paying attention. :lol

Edit: For fun, I compared the button presses on my Arms Warrior (82) to my Shaman (63)--

Gap closer/travel to next enemy: Charge/Ghost wolf.

Open/debuff: Rend, totems

Priority attack 1: Colossus smash, Lava Lash
Priority attack 2: Mortal Strike, Earth Shock (and Stormstrike)

Reactive attack: Overpower (and Execute), Lightning Bolt (5xMW)

Heal: Victory Rush, Healing Surge

Actually pretty similar, except OP and Execute are guaranteed whereas your MW procs are not. And that makes a huge difference in what you're pressing. You also have the rage mechanic and when you're overflowing you might as well drop in some Heroic Strikes (if the target lives that long). I also prefer Victory Rush somewhat in a straight grinding scenario, because you aren't exactly wasting DPS to cast it, whereas if you need to heal with Healing Surge, you may be wasting MW stacks.
Not for me.

I'm usually facing more than 2 mobs.

71 Furry:
Battleshout
Intervene
Whatever refreshes intervene
Bloodthrist
Berserker Rage
Raging Blow
Heroic Strike
Executue
Slam
Cleave
Whirlwind
Demoralizing Shout
Pummel
Victory Rush

Have the option to switch stances, pop on a shield, hamstring, cooldowns.

Rapstah

I expected the game to have auto-shot while moving when I rolled my second ever character... it didn't. At least now maybe the class will feel like it's supposed to feel.

traveler said:
Pre-70, sure, but I still think Grizzly Hills, Sholazar, and Howling Fjord look better. (And I would consider Dragonblight, Zul'Drak, Storm Peaks, and Icecrown to be more impressive, if not necessarily "prettier.") Vashj'ir is pretty amazing as well.
Dude I still love un'goro crater. Are we excluding Cata zones? I've always thought that Zangarmarsh was truly awesome, with massive mushrooms everywhere, and a misty atmosphere and glow, little fireflies and glowing creatures too. Maybe I just liked the glow. The place always tripped me out, b/c most of the water is shallow enough to run on. Felt weird, but I loved it. This post makes me sound like a hippie.

wow-bc3.jpg

DeathNote said:
On my warrior I press more buttons while leveling than my enhance shammon. No reason not to pre-pick the totems you want and drop and hit the button each time you move. You're not required to recall them yanno. I just re-drop over and over because I don't need the mana back.

It's not about the amount of button presses it's the fact you have to keep recasting your buffs everytime you move.

Every other classes throws their buffs up and off they go until they wear off.

And now with Cataclysm the buffs themselves aren't anything unique anymore, but they have a unique penalty.

It's just annoying, the class itself I think is pretty fun.

Taking them off GCD would make things a little bit easier.

DeathNote said:
Not for me.

I'm usually facing more than 2 mobs.

71 Furry:
Battleshout
Intervene
Whatever refreshes intervene
Bloodthrist
Berserker Rage
Raging Blow
Heroic Strike
Executue
Slam
Cleave
Whirlwind
Demoralizing Shout
Pummel
Victory Rush

Have the option to switch stances, pop on a shield, hamstring, cooldowns.
What am I not understanding about Intervene? I see it mentioned a lot outside of protection discussions, but I'm not sure why. I mean, I can see it used as a tool to get out of the fire or help save a healer who is about to get wrecked, but beyond that...? How can you use it while soloing?

This is embarassing, as my warrior was my main at 80 (although I did stop playing when Naxx was relevant and only started again in October and haven't used my warrior but to gain 2 levels).

Maybe this is fury specific, as I've only played prot and arms.

Anyone have tips for Atrimedes? Guild is having a bit of trouble with him. We're 6/12. Tonight will be our third night of attempts on him. People are dying to the laser during the air phase. Seems to be the thing causing the most problems.

dimb

Bjergsen is the greatest midlane in the world
SnakeswithLasers said:
What am I not understanding about Intervene? I see it mentioned a lot outside of protection discussions, but I'm not sure why. I mean, I can see it used as a tool to get out of the fire or help save a healer who is about to get wrecked, but beyond that...? How can you use it while soloing?

This is embarassing, as my warrior was my main at 80 (although I did stop playing when Naxx was relevant and only started again in October and haven't used my warrior but to gain 2 levels).

Maybe this is fury specific, as I've only played prot and arms.
I think he just meant Intercept.

Macattk15 said:
The raid leaders are just too nice in this guild. Making excuses for other people. I can only bitch to them so much.

Yeah our one raid leader is the same way and even quit a raid one night to open a slot for someone who kept whining in guild chat that they were not invited. I told the other raid leader I would refuse to heal any raid that someone whined to get into from that point on which would pretty much shut down any raid outside of Baradin Hold. Thankfully it seems that the quitting raid leader in question has gone on to form the second raid of more casual players. This makes sense since he really likes to control the show which does not really work with our progression team since most people could actually be raid leaders themselves.

ToyMachine228 said:
Anyone have tips for Atrimedes? Guild is having a bit of trouble with him. We're 6/12. Tonight will be our third night of attempts on him. People are dying to the laser during the air phase. Seems to be the thing causing the most problems.

Put someone who can run fast on kiting duty. Me (enhancement shaman) and a feral druid do it.

Naeblish said:
So black temple should be doable with a few lvl 85's (i'm currently 68 Rogue but wouldn't mind going back)?

People soloed Black Temple normal at level 80 so yeah, a few 85s should definitely be able to handle it.

Rez said:
Blasted Lands was great in current WOW, in my opinion. Lots of cool quests and really nice environments across the board. Silithus on the other hand was really awful for me, for some reason.

It's because they "ran out of time" and didn't redesign Silithus with the rest of the old world. :lol

The biggest downside, if you can even call it that, to the Outlands at the moment is the amount of quests I have to turn down because they're group quests.

Thanks to mechanic changes in the game, actually, many classes can solo most of those group quests now. All the Nagrand ones are just "kill one elite 2-3 levels higher than you" which many classes should definitely be capable of.

Retro said:

Agreed. Nagrand is by far my favorite zone in terms of appearance. Just so goshdarn pretty.

moojito said:
No defensive abilities, someone said? What about that 1 minute cooldown thing that reduces damage taken by 10% ? Rockbiter weapon reducing by another 10%? Wolves healing you as they hit?

Anyhoo, I'm seriously digging the enhancement business at the moment.

Enhancement rules, it's the best shaman spec right now. The problems are with elemental (spec is underpowered and boring) and restoration (doesn't get a cooldown-based defense effect for self or others, don't have a unique "gimmick" like other heal classes, are somewhat lacking in raw healing throughput.) Shamanistic Rage is great but it's an Enh talent which means resto (who could really benefit from it) can't take it.

KernelPanic said:

Totems are a leftover vanilla mechanic that are now pure downside. The Shaman class really needs a top-down mechanic redesign like paladins and warlocks got, to remove mechanics that no longer make sense (like the current iteration of totems) and replace them with interesting resource systems.

Also, you're enhance, wtf. Why are you bothering to recall your totems? Enhance shamans don't need mana. :lol

Dance In My Blood said:
I think he just meant Intercept.
:lol Good point.
Flib said:
I am the only person who plays WoW who really doesn't like how Nagrand looks.
I've never loved it either. A little pastoral for my tastes. I grew up in Mulgore though, so ...

I always liked (the look of) Ashenvale. Dense with trees and ancients wandering. As far as looks go, Azshara was always cool too. I think I just like trees.

As such, I'm definitely in line with Grizzly Hills and Howling Fjord for WotLK zones. And in Cata, my favorite zone is Hyjal. Strangely enough though, I like the wasteland parts of Terokkar and Hellfire Peninsula in BC.

charlequin said:
P
Also, you're enhance, wtf. Why are you bothering to recall your totems? Enhance shamans don't need mana. :lol

Extra DPS.

Not that I don't need it, but why can't I use my class buffs like everyone else can ?

Like you said an outdated mechanic that should have been revised for Cataclysm.

Evil Benius said:
Yeah our one raid leader is the same way and even quit a raid one night to open a slot for someone who kept whining in guild chat that they were not invited. I told the other raid leader I would refuse to heal any raid that someone whined to get into from that point on which would pretty much shut down any raid outside of Baradin Hold. Thankfully it seems that the quitting raid leader in question has gone on to form the second raid of more casual players. This makes sense since he really likes to control the show which does not really work with our progression team since most people could actually be raid leaders themselves.

Nice raid leaders kill progression if that's what your trying to do. Kicking people for being stupid and bringing others in is the only way to go, gotta be cold blooded to be good. I remember my first top guild I app'ed to had the recruits in a complete separate guild and one recruit was told that he would just be there to clear trash and then replaced since he couldn't get the fight down. :lol :lol
krypt0nian said:
This is a class defining power so no.

What about a race defining power like WOTF? Nerfs happen.

thetrin

Hail, peons, for I have come as ambassador from the great and bountiful Blueberry Butt Explosion
People are complaining on SA that Scarlet Fever procs off Blood Plague instead of Blood Boil in 4.0.6. I can see why they would be angry about this, but this actually simplifies my rotation.

DnD and BB are now completely CC threat, and I get to use outbreak/plague strike exclusively to keep scarlet fever on single targets.

I realize it's a nerf (single target SF vs. multi), but I do like that it's part of my rotation now. Any reason why they refuse to put SF on both BB and plague? Too powerful?

Deputy Moonman said:
Dude I still love un'goro crater. Are we excluding Cata zones? I've always thought that Zangarmarsh was truly awesome, with massive mushrooms everywhere, and a misty atmosphere and glow, little fireflies and glowing creatures too. Maybe I just liked the glow. The place always tripped me out, b/c most of the water is shallow enough to run on. Felt weird, but I loved it. This post makes me sound like a hippie.

wow-bc3.jpg

Zangarmash is a gorgeous zone. I just wish the quests were better.

KernelPanic said:
Extra DPS.

Not that I don't need it, but why can't I use my class buffs like everyone else can ?

Like you said an outdated mechanic that should have been revised for Cataclysm.
He's saying don't bother recalling them, not don't bother casting them. So, get to the fight, drop them, kill mob, run away, get to new mob, drop new totems. There is no reason to recall them for a smidgen of mana. Also, if they're getting knocked over by adds, just drop more.

I've recently embraced this philosophy (it was just revealed to me on this page of the thread I think :lol) and it is a lot less painful. Mana concerns are a problem of enhancement shaman of the past--it's just a hard habit to break.

thetrin said:
People are complaining on SA that Scarlet Fever procs off Blood Plague instead of Blood Boil in 4.0.6. I can see why they would be angry about this, but this actually simplifies my rotation.

DnD and BB are now completely CC threat, and I get to use outbreak/plague strike exclusively to keep scarlet fever on single targets.

I realize it's a nerf (single target SF vs. multi), but I do like that it's part of my rotation now. Any reason why they refuse to put SF on both BB and plague? Too powerful?

You want those Unholy Runes to pair up with Frost Runes for Death Strikes. People don't want to waste them on Plague Strike that does negligible damage and provides no other real use. At least having it on blood boil meant we'd have something to use our Blood Runes on, since neither blood boil or heart strike are that great anyway.

thetrin

Hail, peons, for I have come as ambassador from the great and bountiful Blueberry Butt Explosion
Azwethinkweiz said:
You want those Unholy Runes to pair up with Frost Runes for Death Strikes. People don't want to waste them on Plague Strike that does negligible damage and provides no other real use. At least having it on blood boil meant we'd have something to use our Blood Runes on, since neither blood boil or heart strike are that great anyway.

HS is a nice thing to hammer while you're waiting for RS or DS. :lol

I assume the whole point was to make Plague Strike useful again, then (which is still negligible, considering you still need to spec into SF, and even then it's not a guaranteed proc)

Macattk15

notworksafe said:
See ya later.

Seriously. Sick of the rated 10 BG's where if you don't have a feral druid you most likely are at a huge disadvantage in the CTF games.

Sure we try to have druids ... but they aren't necessarily always online.

krypt0nian said:
Cool. 6 years may have been enough. Battered wife syndrome and all.
Sounds like a bit of an over-reaction. Is shifting out of snares the only reason you play the game and a druid?

I mean, I'm not opposed to people quitting, but it seemed like you were having a good time--in fact, weren't you posting several pages back that you wanted to make more druids? Seems like one class change announcement might be a bit preemptive to pull out the "I'll be quitting" card.

I will also remark that whenever I see people who otherwise seem to enjoy the game threaten to quit over one change, maybe that change is deserved, as it's obviously imbalanced against all other aspects of the game.

dimb

Bjergsen is the greatest midlane in the world
Dresden said:
People quit over weird stuff all the time. And this druid nerf, if it goes through, is just stupid.
It's necessary. Druids and shamans are just at too high of a level above other classes with the increased health pool as flag runners.

Bisnic

Really Really Exciting Member!
I never understood why druids could get rid of all roots as much as they wanted to by just shapeshifting anyway. I don't see any other classes being able to get rid of stuns or fear or slowing effects or any CC as much as they want by simply pushing a button.

Sure, we got stuff like Blink for stuns, or Berserker Rage for fear, but those things have cooldowns.

Dresden

Dance In My Blood said:
It's necessary. Druids and shamans are just at too high of a level above other classes with the increased health pool as flag runners.
Making balance changes for an entire class just to nerf flag running is asinine.

If flag-running was such a concern, making druids drop the flag if they shift would worked just fine, anyways.

Dresden said:
Making balance changes for an entire class just to nerf flag running is asinine.
I think most people should be able to agree that one class being able to completely forgo being kited, while also being a very powerful class in other respects, might be a bit unbalanced. I don't agree with the change as announced, but I do think a cooldown on the root breaking wouldn't be bad.

Strictly in my opinion, it may not have been an issue before because druids through vanilla and into BC were underplayed, and they weren't quite at the level of "better rogue than a rogue" that they are now.

LukeSmith

If Druids still have instant class flight form that lets them gather while in flight form, there is almost no amount of PvE or PvP complaining that can make me sympathize with whatever nerf crosses your class. :lol

Shapeshifting out of snares has been broken and OP since it entered the game.

Being kiting/cc machines that are virtually unkillable since Burning Crusade - it seems that the time of the Druid is finally coming to an end.

It's probably hard to balance things like that - in the same ways, it'll be rare that I ever complain about Paladin nerfs, because Divine Shield is still so fundamentally powerful and hard to balance.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom