• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

World of Warcraft |OT2|

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member 22576

Unconfirmed Member
I'm kinda losing steam here... I'm heavily considering a server change.
My server [Undermine] is just depressing as a Horde member, there is absolutely nobody anywhere. I imagine that will only get worse as I move on to Outland in a nother 4 levels or so. It sucks, I bought a 2 month card yesterday all ready to get my WoW on this morning.. but it just wasn't that fun.

LukeSmith said:
If Druids still have instant class flight form that lets them gather while in flight form, there is almost no amount of PvE or PvP complaining that can make me sympathize with whatever nerf crosses your class. :lol

Shapeshifting out of snares has been broken and OP since it entered the game.

Being kiting/cc machines that are virtually unkillable since Burning Crusade - it seems that the time of the Druid is finally coming to an end.
Pretty much what I was thinking, but I didn't want to be the one to say it. Although, I doubt the time of the druid coming to an end. They'll still be better than they were in vanilla. :lol

Dresden

I think a cooldown on root-breaking would be reasonable. Taking it away entirely just rapes the class, though. It's not just ferals you have to worry about--their survivability as a class is dependent on pure mobility.

PatzCU

Druids can still get out of all other movement impairing effects whenever they want, its still a ridiculous ability that is unique to druids. Honestly how many times are you going to be rooted? Against mages and other druids mostly. Have fun shifting through every other snare in the game.

PatzCU said:
Druids can still get out of all other movement impairing effects whenever they want, its still a ridiculous ability that is unique to druids. Honestly how many times are you going to be rooted? Against mages and other druids mostly. Have fun shifting through every other snare in the game.
Wait, it's not snares, just roots?

Trojita

Rapid Response Threadmaker
I'm slightly confused as to what to do in Outlands. I haven't played WoW since Nax was released in Vanilla.

I've been leveling a Orc Hunter from level 1. I am currently a level 62 hunter. I got to Outlands not too long ago, but there is just WAY TOO MANY quests as well as a lot of groups to get reputation with. What is the recommended path to take when leveling through Outlands?

notworksafe

Whatever you want, really. I'm doing Zang, Nagrand, Netherstorm. Skipping shitty HFP and Terrokar.

The "normal" method is HFP, Zang, Terrokar, Nagrand, (if needed) Netherstorm and Shadowmoon Valley.

SnakeswithLasers said:
Just roots (aka anything that stops movement entirely).
Shapeshifts: Entering or leaving a shapeshift no longer cancels root effects. It continues to cancel movement slowing effects.

Bisnic

Really Really Exciting Member!
SnakeswithLasers said:

Roots include stuff like Frost Nova i believe.

But shapeshifting can still get rid of Hamstring and Frosbolt chilling effect for example.

Rapstah

Trojita said:
I'm slightly confused as to what to do in Outlands. I haven't played WoW since Nax was released in Vanilla.

I've been leveling a Orc Hunter from level 1. I am currently a level 62 hunter. I got to Outlands not too long ago, but there is just WAY TOO MANY quests as well as a lot of groups to get reputation with. What is the recommended path to take when leveling through Outlands?
Ignore every single reputation. They are absolutely worthless outside of Outland, every single one. There's a Cenarion Expedition camp in Borean Tundra but you can do all quests there no matter how you did in Outland. Ideally, just queue for random instances all the time and go Hellfire > most of Zangarmarsh > most of Nagrand and then finish off the last bars of experience at 67 by finding easy pick-up quests in slightly lower zones (like Terokkar). For some reason there's always the one point where you have like 10 000 XP left and can't find a single quick quest.

Bisnic

Trojita said:

What i usually do in Outlands is :

60-62 : Hellfire
62-64 : Zangarmarsh
64-66 : Terokkar Forest
66-68 : Nagrand

Then at 68 you're ready to go to Northrend.

Einbroch

Banned
Yeah you want to GTFO out The Outlands ASAP. The exp gain, the boring quests, the crappy group quests every 10 seconds...

The Outlands suck.

water_wendi

Water is not wet!
Rez said:
The biggest downside, if you can even call it that, to the Outlands at the moment is the amount of quests I have to turn down because they're group quests. Those are super-rare in the current 1-60 WOW, whereas there are heaps in The Outlands. I mean, obviously that's fine if you're not soloing or in a heavily populated area, but I am and I'm not.

Just ticked over to 65. Yay.
A good number of them can be completed solo. The higher level ones such as the ones that start in Nagrand onward might be an issue. If you got Northrend greens that you can start to wear at 67 from the AH i think it is very possible that even something like Durn the Hungerer could be solod. ill have to try when i get there myself.

Einbroch said:
Yeah you want to GTFO out The Outlands ASAP. The exp gain, the boring quests, the crappy group quests every 10 seconds...

The Outlands suck.
i dont agree with this. The only zones i didnt like were Zangarmarsh because the setting was just boring and Netherstorm because.. well im not sure atm, but ive never really liked it :lol

From a leveling perspective, go to Northrend at 68. On the other hand, if you dont want to miss out on a really cool zone make sure you get to Shadowmoon Valley.

Tacitus_

Bisnic said:
Roots include stuff like Frost Nova i believe.

But shapeshifting can still get rid of Hamstring and Frosbolt chilling effect for example.

Yes, frost nova and all other 6 million procs from frost mages are considered roots. If you are unable to move at all, but able to act (cast/melee), you're most likely rooted. There are some funky 100% snares by mobs but who cares about those.

Also a warranted nerf now that druids actually do good damage. It was justified at start since ferals were awful but they've gotten better every expansion.

Macattk15

Haha wow. So the druids are crying that they now become like every other class unable to get out of ROOTS and get to enjoy sitting there getting pounded by Frost Mages?

Cry me a damn river. I'll still never be able to hamstring your ass if you want to get away from me.

J-Rzez

It's about damned time that you can semi-control druids. The much needed changes to "lol cc" is finally catching up to them. They've been running wild since BC arena (especially BC where they were the most ridiculous opness ever in the game), and it's finally coming to an end. Them getting out of "slows", fine. But being immune to every cc in the game outside of banish IF you caught them in tree form which they were never in (good ones at least), was outrageous.

Now just make them have to go to humanoid form to farm nodes and you'll see the remaining druids disappear lol.

Druids are the worst class to balance in the game, an even bigger nightmare than Paladins really, so it must be tough just by how stupid the class is designed (4 types of roles in one class, 2 roles in one tree).

Wow, GC was swinging the bat to the fences on DKs now as well.

- 5% less str bonus
- ~10% damage nerf on DC
- Dark Transformation nerf
- Shadow Infusion nerf
- RoR nerf
- NS nerf

I doubt all that will go through though, as it's over the top. UhDKs were doing great damage, but it was rewarding due to the non-sense melee has to go through in fights. And it was only the better players pulling said numbers as I've seen numerous fail DKs out there.

NS needed a fix, for sure. The STR nerf was probably enough as well. Everything else is totally uncalled for. If they wanted to nerf the pet dmg because "it was too much reliant" then they should have nerfed said pet damage even a bit more, but buff the player damage to even it out.

Glad to see hunters getting buffed lol. It's not like the good hunters weren't wrecking people in PVP already.

Ferrio

Banned
They need to just get rid of inner rage and refund my gold back.... so freaking worthless. Least that's one slot on the hotbar i don't need anymore.

funkmastergeneral said:
Put someone who can run fast on kiting duty. Me (enhancement shaman) and a feral druid do it.

How so? Doesn't he just choose the target with the highest sound? He switches to the person who clicks the gong but it seems someone still needs to kite initially for a while until it's time to use the gong.

ToyMachine228 said:
How so? Doesn't he just choose the target with the highest sound? He switches to the person who clicks the gong but it seems someone still needs to kite initially for a while until it's time to use the gong.

Press a gong as soon as he goes into air phase

lexi

Banned
I will lol when the druid change is reverted. It is not balanced. Druids need mobility to survive. Damage IS being nerfed. Fear break IS being nerfed. Instant roots IS being nerfed.

etiolate

Banned
I don't think the druid nerf was necessary, all three specs rely on shifting as survival.They were a natural counter to frost mages. Is Frost the new baby dady?

water_wendi said:
If you got Northrend greens that you can start to wear at 67 from the AH i think it is very possible that even something like Durn the Hungerer could be solod.

I think this would still be pretty rough. I gave him a try at 67 and he kicked the shit out of me. :lol The big issue is raw damage output and I'm not sure Northrend gear would be enough to offset that. I'd love to see someone pull it off though.

etiolate said:
I don't think the druid nerf was necessary, all three specs rely on shifting as survival.They were a natural counter to frost mages. Is Frost the new baby dady?
The change isn't preventing them from shifting.

And my opinion, based on everything I hear about frost right now, is that frost needs a good PVP fixing--not that druids need to remain the only viable counter.

Bisnic

So i just bought http://www.wowhead.com/item=62471 for my prot warrior.

I was using http://www.wowhead.com/item=52352 and http://www.wowhead.com/item=55881

Now the thing im wondering is which trinket i should use.

Parry and mastery are very useful for warriors, so getting rid of Impetuous Query seems like a bad decision. The figurine trinket has lots of stamina, but an increase in dodge for the use effect, and dodge just isnt as good as the rest. I know stamina isnt as important as in WOTLK so im thinking of dropping the figure for my Mirror of Broken Images..

The only thing that would make me keep the figure is against heavy elemental damage fight, where parry and mastery wont help me. Maybe i should keep all 3 and use them depending on the fight. Any thoughts?

J-Rzez

etiolate said:

Well, I think Sub-Rogues were the counter to Frost mages for the longest time, but ShS is getting hit now as well as CloS. They should still be good, but it's all up to Rogues and DK's now to get those mages, who are probably the most annoying class to play against as anything other than another mage at this time (I don't play a druid, so I don't know how that works).

Ferrio

Banned
Bisnic said:
So i just bought http://www.wowhead.com/item=62471 for my prot warrior.

I was using http://www.wowhead.com/item=52352 and http://www.wowhead.com/item=55881

Now the thing im wondering is which trinket i should use.

Parry and mastery are very useful for warriors, so getting rid of Impetuous Query seems like a bad decision. The figurine trinket has lots of stamina, but an increase in dodge for the use effect, and dodge just isnt as good as the rest. I know stamina isnt as important as in WOTLK so im thinking of dropping the figure for my Mirror of Broken Images..

The only thing that would make me keep the figure is against heavy elemental damage fight, where parry and mastery wont help me. Maybe i should keep all 3 and use them depending on the fight. Any thoughts?

I'm going to use the figurine, and been trying to score either one of these

http://www.wowhead.com/item=56280
(Reforge the dodge to ->mastery)

Did have the awesome trinket drop from magmaw, but didn't win :(.
http://www.wowhead.com/item=59332

I would of used it in conjunction with figurine. For the moment I'm just using both figurines until I can score either one of those trinkets I mentioned.

etiolate

Banned
SnakeswithLasers said:
The change isn't preventing them from shifting.

And my opinion, based on everything I hear about frost right now, is that frost needs a good PVP fixing--not that druids need to remain the only viable counter.

They can shift, but the mobility provided by shifting is what I meant obviously.

Shifting takes up mana and GCDs, and does require some thought. You don't just instant shift. If you are getting hit, sometimes you stay in Bear to absorb it until you feel you can drop the stam/armor and shift. It's a major element of the playstyle and you are suddenly asking an entire class to relearn a new strat because of some complaints.

It's just clueless class balancing.

When resto druids were the bees knees in Arena 2s, nerf calls were all over. I never understood. A decent Enhance Shaman wrecks a Resto druid because of purge, burst and pulsing constant snares. Nobody tried to do that though. The community and the company don't think like that. Instead they have this yo yo treatment of classes.

I am getting into Enhance now because its the best Shaman spec, and I heal in PVP, but those are about to get bludgeoned. The class has nothing left. I've played games with far better class balance. It's not that it is too hard, because WoW classes are quite alike and yet they can't bring them in line. They won't do the things needed to be done. (PvP vs PvE skills)

water_wendi

Water is not wet!
etiolate said:
When resto druids were the bees knees in Arena 2s, nerf calls were all over. I never understood. A decent Enhance Shaman wrecks a Resto druid because of purge, burst and pulsing constant snares. Nobody tried to do that though. The community and the company don't think like that. Instead they have this yo yo treatment of classes.
i saw Shamans go OOM trying to purge all the HoTs while the same druid was being beat on by 3-4 others.

Alex

Probably because outside of extremely niche 3v3 comps, Enhancement was a piece of shit prior to this expansion. :p

This is not some devious plan you've concocted, arena players do tend to try any and every gimmick. Even if you could land purges, Enhancement was just so terrible in most comps and was riddled with flaws against most classes.

I mean, really, as if the Druids back then were too concerned with the fury of such amazing anti-Druid lockdowns like Earthbind and Frostshock prior to EP/FP while an Enhancement Shaman hobbles after them, doing 0 DPS, trying to get purges off which heal the Druid from Lifebloom procs as they sit at 100% mana.

People did try this plan though, with some success if well played enough. It was called Priest, baby!

Don't get me wrong, the arena yo-yo fucking sucks, your example of why the community and company fails at things is completely stupid. It reads like a "don't nerf me, bro!" post from 3 years ago. Anyhow, at least back then the 5's scene was good, so it didn't matter so much to me. Maybe with Heroism/Bloodlust and it's ilk gone it can be better again.

Flib

Ferrio said:
I'm going to use the figurine, and been trying to score either one of these

http://www.wowhead.com/item=56280
(Reforge the dodge to ->mastery)

Did have the awesome trinket drop from magmaw, but didn't win :(.
http://www.wowhead.com/item=59332

I would of used it in conjunction with figurine. For the moment I'm just using both figurines until I can score either one of those trinkets I mentioned.

I'm 100% convinced that Porcelain Crab doesn't drop in heroic. No one in my guild has ever seen it.

I was able to get Leaden Despair though.

I dunno, I always loved having my druid able to be unkillable and could escape from anything. I couldn't necessarily kill anything, but I could damn well get away. I think that since druids have been brought in line as actual murderers, maybe their excesses should be looked at. I mean, it isn't live yet; they're just testing.

etiolate

Banned
Alex said:
Probably because outside of extremely niche 3v3 comps, Enhancement was a piece of shit prior to this expansion. :p

This is not some devious plan you've concocted, arena players do tend to try any and every gimmick. Even if you could land purges, Enhancement was just so terrible in most comps and was riddled with flaws against most classes.

I mean, really, as if the Druids back then were too concerned with the fury of such amazing anti-Druid lockdowns like Earthbind and Frostshock prior to EP/FP while an Enhancement Shaman hobbles after them, doing 0 DPS, trying to get purges off which heal the Druid from Lifebloom procs as they sit at 100% mana.

People did try this plan though, with some success if well played enough. It was called Priest, baby!

Don't get me wrong, the arena yo-yo fucking sucks, your example of why the community and company fails at things is completely stupid. It reads like a "don't nerf me, bro!" post from 3 years ago. Anyhow, at least back then the 5's scene was good, so it didn't matter so much to me. Maybe with Heroism/Bloodlust and it's ilk gone it can be better again.

I was a resto druid, it worked. I quit playing resto because people couldn't figure out how to beat me, rerolled Shaman just to show people. Enhance was weak outside of that, but thats the thing. Instead of making Shaman more viable, they nerf. Bring up classes to the same playing field instead of making wild stabs.

The example is real.

ToyMachine228 said:
Doesn't the laser speed up as the air phase goes on? One person can really kite it for the entirety?

We let it follow whoever it chooses for a few seconds (longer if it's a class that can kite well) and then hit a gong. Usually two of these per air phase I think... I rarely get chosen so I am more focused on DPS at that time.

Although I thought the initial speed of the laser depended on the target's sound, so if air phase is a huge issue the answer might be "stop getting hit by easily avoidable waves and fire" for some people in your raid.

The benefit of hitting a gong immediately is that you choose who kites it... but you may be using 3 per air phase that way?

krypt0nian said:
Having an advantage in WSG was part of the rock-paper-scissors. And again it was fine for years. But now GC has a bug up his ass and has no idea what he wants. As usual.

It's more he has no idea where this will lead. He NEVER does. He gets the rat to catch the mouse, he gets the cat to catch the rat, he gets the dog to catch the cat...all till the next expansion wipes the Rube Goldbergian mess away.

Einbroch

Banned
SatelliteOfLove said:
I'd agree with you...if anyone did exist. It's a ghost town from 68-78. I see maybe two other people in a zone with me. And half the time it's the other faction.

Weenerz said:
I heard priests are getting buffs this patch, my arena partner is going to stop hating life soon I hope.

Minimal buffs. And even a few of those buffs are already being reverted. Priests are still going to suck, but Shaman are being brought down to our level. Hey Blizzard, knock it off. Nerf Paladins a bit, leave Druids alone, bring Shaman up a little, and Priests up a lot.

They just don't get it. The latest patch is just Blizzard telling me to cancel my account and turn on the neglected PS3.

D

Deleted member 30609

Unconfirmed Member
ha, Silithus being untouched in Cata doesn't surprise me one bit. It sticks out like a sore thumb.

Any tips for mana management as a Shadow Priest in instances? Just stock up on potions (I've never been able to find a vendor that sells worthwhile potions)?

Tamanon

Banned
charlequin said:
I think this would still be pretty rough. I gave him a try at 67 and he kicked the shit out of me. :lol The big issue is raw damage output and I'm not sure Northrend gear would be enough to offset that. I'd love to see someone pull it off though.

I actually was just leveling a protadin and soloed Durn at level 67. Parked myself at one of those little hills and it was just a war of attrition. Only improved gear I had was the heirloom shoulders/chest.

Einbroch

Banned
Rez said:
ha, Silithus being untouched in Cata doesn't surprise me one bit. It sticks out like a sore thumb.

Any tips for mana management as a Shadow Priest in instances? Just stock up on potions (I've never been able to find a vendor that sells worthwhile potions)?
What level? If you have Masochism, using Shadow Word: Death will recover a lot of mana. People seem to forget about such an amazing talent.

Tamanon said:
I actually was just leveling a protadin and soloed Durn at level 67. Parked myself at one of those little hills and it was just a war of attrition. Only improved gear I had was the heirloom shoulders/chest.

Yeah I had no problems with Durn as a prot paladin at 67, word of glory + cooldowns got me through it without too much trouble.

One of the fun things about leveling protection was being able to do pretty much any quest, even if they were "group" quests, not in a dungeon. Only the Ring of Blood style stuff was really nasty.

C.Dark.DN

Banned
funkmastergeneral said:
So I just mentioned Ghostcrawler on my guild's vent and no one (out of 10 people there) had any idea who he was. Was definitely a weird moment for me.
They are living under a rock. A year ago? I had no idea myself. Past few months? He has been too vocal.

C.Dark.DN

Banned
SnakeswithLasers said:
What am I not understanding about Intervene? I see it mentioned a lot outside of protection discussions, but I'm not sure why. I mean, I can see it used as a tool to get out of the fire or help save a healer who is about to get wrecked, but beyond that...? How can you use it while soloing?

This is embarassing, as my warrior was my main at 80 (although I did stop playing when Naxx was relevant and only started again in October and haven't used my warrior but to gain 2 levels).

Maybe this is fury specific, as I've only played prot and arms.
Sorry, intercept :lol

-PXG-

Two (maybe) dumb questions:

1) How much rep do I need to be considered "exalted"? Is it 12,000?

2) Are certain races prohibited from having specific mounts? For example: Can a Tauren ride a skeletal horse? I know that there are no limits and flying mounts. Did Blizzard patch this?

Twig

Banned
Mounts used to be race-limited, but now I'm pretty sure every race can ride every mount available to their faction.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom